Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
 

Even If We Tried – Kick-off Party:

To celebrate the release of my book, I'm hosting a live stream event on YouTube for folks to come and discuss my book so we can all reconnect about stories in general. I'd love it if folks stopped by. Everyone is welcome, and I'd love to see you there. It will be an informal chat, more like a coffee meeting, where we chill and talk about the release. I've decided to host it on April 3 at 8 PM (Irish Standard Time… aka GMT), so be sure to check the time difference. Links are below, so save the date.

 

Livestream link - click here.

https://youtube.com/live/eQbfI8vBSvc?feature=share

As They Say - (Revised) - 27. Entry 35

1st June 1991:

Well, another month has gone, and a new month is on the horizon. It's saddening to think that it’ll be the middle of summer in about another thirty days. Yeah, let's erase that idea before a huge black cloud rains over me. Nothing abnormal happened yesterday, I guess.

I saw Ross this morning. He was out in his grandparents’ backyard, pacing up and down the length of it. He seemed to be anxious or something; he'd march up the back garden and all the way back down to the house where he'd disappear out of sight, only to be followed by him pacing back up the yard. I wasn't sure what was wrong; I wanted to go next door and see if he was okay. But of course, since our weird discussion the day before, I couldn’t exactly bring myself to knock.

I know what I said last night in my diary entry— I'd make my move. I thought the word love means much more than just looking at gender, though now I feel like a part of me is missing because Ross is not in the equation.

Hey, don't judge... but I want to meet Emma again. I mean, she wasn't all that bad. Sure, she's annoying when she wants to be, but for the most part, it was the first time that we've ever got on. I wouldn't mind doing it again— just bonding, the two of us.

I'm not sure where I stand, but Ross, I much prefer Ross, hands down. I could use a friend to talk to about boys, and well…. Emma is a girl. Ain’t that what girls talk about? I feel like I'm in first class again; you know when the teacher says you must do your homework or else you'll suffer a horrible, agonising scolding for not completing your assignment on time.

It feels like I'm re-learning maths again.

After a while of constant thinking, I picked up a random CD and that random CD happened to be R.E.M.

Of all the kicks you could get in the nuts. I should've just looked at the name of the album I was putting into the CD player. It made me think of Ross and how I felt the first time I met him. I never really liked R.E.M. all that much; I just wanted to talk to him about something we have in common. You know, the music seems weird somehow. It's like a gut-wrenching feeling, reminding you that you've left a valuable possession behind.

That's all I did today, sat around and listened to music. After a while, Ross disappeared inside, and I didn't see him for the rest of the day. Every time I looked out my window, I kept wishing that I'd get a glimpse of him in his bedroom, but he never went to his bedroom. Ross just vanished, and that made me even sadder than the music. I don't think I can take this much longer. I need to talk to him; I'm afraid of losing him.

God knows I don't want to lose him.

Argh... I'll go tomorrow, and I'll apologise. I'll tell Ross that I'm sorry I made him feel uncomfortable about doing that.

Okay, well night,

Adam

Copyright © 2023 D.K. Daniels; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
  • Love 5
  • Wow 1
  • Fingers Crossed 1
p style="text-align:center;"> Thanks for reading, if you liked the chapter, let me know what you thought. If you want to read uninterrupted, consider grabbing a copy.

Links to Amazon and Google via my website - www.dk-daniels.com 

Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Judging by the way Ross was acting it looks like he has the same thoughts Adam expressed in his diary

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I think Adam and Ross are having the same issues and don't know what to say to each other.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

@weinerdog @chris191070 - I'm pretty sure the two boys realise what each other is saying, clarifying it out loud can be daunting. I guess we'll have to see how the boys manage to eventually tell one another. Thanks for reading.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..