Jump to content
    D.K. Daniels
  • Author
  • 1,718 Words
  • 255 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
 

 As They Say is available for purchase in eBook and Paperback, if you'd like to support my venture as an author.

Links for Amazon Here - https://www.dk-daniels.com/as-they-say

My website - www.dk-daniels.com 

 

As They Say - (Revised) - 36. Entry 47

16th June 1991:

Today didn't pan out all that bad. You can say I killed two birds with one stone.

No... I didn't kill any birds— relax.

Like I planned out in my head last night, I went over to see Ross before Thomas. Ross was happy to see me, and he was charming, cute, and adorable.

Awhh… He's perfect.

I just had this weird realisation, but if you were to compare an adorable puppy to Ross, Ross is cuter than the pup.

I know, I know, the thoughts are overwhelming... sigh.

So anyway, I went to visit Ross. The two of us kicked a ball back and forth for a while. While he was passing the football to me, Ross asked, "Hey… eh… Adam."

I nudged the football back in Ross's direction and said, "Yeah?"

Ross teasingly booted the ball back, and he fumbled backwards, toppling into the bush separating our gardens. I remember the first day when I was sneaking a peek. I wouldn't exactly call it a sneak peek anymore; it was more like an oh... I've been spotted scenario.

Pushing out of the shrub, Ross came back with a smile on his face and said, "Do you think we could go to Killarney again?"

I quit with the football for a second, even shoved my foot down on it to prevent it from rolling away. I knew from the time I brought him to see Ross Castle, he'd like it. Not Ross Castle by our lake, but the one in Killarney.

Now Ross really wants to visit again, and I had no complaints.

You can hire bikes to cycle around the park, but why would I need bikes? I could just ask Dad to mount mine to the car, and he can drive us there. We could peddle around the entire park, that’s if my parents let me.

Giving Ross an affirmative nod, we went back to the football before I had to go. I had every intention of coming back to see him later on. Ross asked me where I was going. Stating I made a promise to Thomas, Ross let me go. I found it funny that he didn't want to come along, so I sped off on my 8-gear bike.

When I arrived at Thomas's house, he was out in the front garden with his mother at a table. Starting up the driveway, Thomas leapt out of the chair he was sitting in and briskly made his way down to me. I felt weird somehow; I've never seen him move that fast. Not that Thomas is fat, but let's just say he's comfortable. Then again, I never really thought of his weight; he's plainly Thomas to me.

The two of us met halfway on the roadway; the energy Tommy was releasing was ecstatic. I was sure that something was up; he's never behaved this way when we're in the group. Thomas tags along and says nothing. What has changed all of a sudden?

Thomas was like, "Adam… You actually came."

I became a little sheepish, and I was like, "Well, you did invite me… right?"

There was this weird silence for a second. Thomas merely giggled to himself, but it was rather girlish. I never heard him snicker like that, but the snicker got me to crack a smile for some reason—not that I found it attractive or something.

Why did I say attractive?

Never mind, I just meant it was funny.

Moving on, Thomas just gave me a nod and then he led me back up the driveway to meet his Mam.

Thomas cautiously told me to address his Mam as Mrs. Brenner as we strolled back up the track.

Thomas said, "You can call my Mam Mrs. Brenner."

I stuck to my guns, and I had this hard lump in my throat every time I addressed his Mam. I was afraid to greet Mrs. Brenner in case something went terribly wrong. I was given the impression that if I said anything other than Mrs. Brenner, I would be kicked out. Not that I would've minded being kicked out. Then again, being tossed to the curbside is not a pleasant feeling.

Once we got that out of the way, Thomas showed me around his home. I guess you could say that living in the countryside you'd expect everybody to have land. Thomas's family has the least amount of acres of all my friends. The house is literally on a small patch of land. I thought our property is small, but this bites the biscuit. However, Ross has this lovely treehouse at the end of the back garden. I presume it made up for the smallness of the whole place.

It's weird; a white picket fence surrounds the entire perimeter of their property— you know, that type of shit. Like one of those things you see in Hollywood family films: where all the people are so happy, and everything is clean and spick-and-span. Thomas's house is a peachy yellow of all things; I had my money set on the fact I'd see a fairy float by during my visit, though to no avail.

I didn't get to see a lot inside the house; I found it a little weird considering most people show me their bedrooms. But no, Thomas's mother insisted that we couldn't go inside the house. As a matter of fact, I don't think she wants anybody inside the house. So instead, we went to the treehouse. It was pretty basic with a sofa, a small coffee table, and a couple of board games in the corner. I could imagine Thomas playing on his own, and that made me sad. But a telescope faced out a window to the north. I've never been interested in astrology, but I was intrigued. It was a cool little nook; it wouldn't be my sort of thing to hang out in all day, but Thomas seemed at home there. It was maintained; the outside of the treehouse was brilliantly adorned, and the inside is warm and cosy.

After a while, Thomas set up Cluedo. I wasn't really in the mood for playing a game. Thomas persisted, asking me for ideas on what to do so Cluedo was better than cards or monopoly— those games go on for too long. I picked Mr. Mustard, and the killer was the nerdy guy whose name escapes me, with the wrench in the study. We only played one game, and I felt like Thomas was trying to keep me there for longer than I wanted to be there.

I must be cool or something.

Is this what being popular feels like?

Thomas was grateful I was giving him time, but he didn't want me to go. Tommy pestered me, asking if I fancied anything to drink or eat, and I let him go to retrieve snacks. As I was waiting around, I decided to get up and stretch my legs and walk around the clubhouse. Thomas was taking a little longer than I was expecting, so I wandered over towards the telescope. I didn't bother to move it. Instead, I just ducked down and glanced through the lens to see what was on the other end, and it made me feel a little uneasy.

At the end of the warped glass was my house about a mile away. I wasn't sure what to think. I don’t know now either, but it was creepy. My house is a couple of fields over, but this made me feel even more self-conscious. The position of the telescope, however, was angled at the backyard. That didn't stop my mind from wandering from where else the telescope might've been.

I wonder how long the telescope had been facing in my direction. I usually leave my blinds open during the night, to see Ross; however, tonight, I'm closing them.

The talk afterwards was a little distracting, thinking of Thomas peeping through the telescope a couple of fields over at me. I don't have anything to hide, but it made me feel weird for even going to Thomas's house this evening. I kindly took the drink and the snacks that Thomas brought out, and then after that, I said my goodbyes. Thomas looked a little sad, but he seemed to understand, so I went home.

I knocked in for Ross; his grandmother said he was around in the back garden. Tracing around the house, I caught Ross with his hand in the engine of a car. This was an entirely new topic to me, but I've fallen in love with a grease monkey. Ross was changing the oil, cleaning the engine of his grandfather’s car a bit. Ross seemed to be doing it with pride, you know, the same way I do my model train display. He was really into it, and I watched a few seconds before even calling him.

Ross noticed me before I got a chance to call him; he crouched to get something from the socket set laying on the ground. A smile reestablished on his face, and he just came running to me. It’s hot to watch Ross concentrating; I can totally dig it.

I got all shy and bashful, and I was like, oh God, he's so adorable. Ross had a couple of smudges of black on his cheek, and his hands were stained, as black as black can go. Ross must have a habit of rubbing his face when his hands are dirty; that is abundantly clear. Ross held his arms out wide so that his hands wouldn't touch my clothes, and he wrapped himself awkwardly around me for a hug. I squeezed him back.

Well, that was my day. I know a couple of things about servicing a car. On top of this, I think Thomas is spying on me. It could've gone worse, but then again, anytime I'm in my room now, I'm closing the blind. It's gross and awkward to even think of Thomas looking at me through a telescope lens.

What happens if I was jerking off or something and he saw me?

Should I tell someone, or should I just keep my mouth shut? I'm not sure either way, but I'll settle for a bed for now.

Night,

Adam

Copyright © 2023 D.K. Daniels; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
  • Wow 3
 As They Say is available for purchase in eBook and Paperback, if you'd like to support my venture as an author.
Links for Amazon Here - https://www.dk-daniels.com/as-they-say
My website - www.dk-daniels.com 
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Thomas spying on Adam is a bit worrying, I'm not sure what to make of that.

Ross covered in oil sounds fun and adorable, could just see them rolling around on the grass.

  • Love 3
Link to comment

Key question did Adam have his curtains open to his room? If so then Thomas DID see that. Although I don't approve of what Thomas did (I might have done the same thing at that age) I do feel somewhat bad for him he sounds like a lonely kid and his Mam seems stuck up.

Did Adam and Ross do something a little intimate that Thomas might have seen?. We may be talking possible blackmail here

  • Love 3
Link to comment
18 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Thomas spying on Adam is a bit worrying, I'm not sure what to make of that.

Ross covered in oil sounds fun and adorable, could just see them rolling around on the grass.

Sometimes, people express their desires in uncomfortable and shady ways. God knows, some shit I thought was perfectly normal when I was 13 would be socially unacceptable now. Thomas in my head means well, but his strange behaviour is what irks people. He's struggling with the same emotions that Adam is experiencing, but he's a bystander, and from Adams POV, he looks like a stalker. At the beginning, when Ross arrived, Adam was a little like Thomas, observing from the window, just being plain awkward in the general. Most of all, Thomas needs somebody he can confide in, and since he likes Adam, he's hoping it can be him, he's seeing the gay signs. If Thomas saw the boys doing anything, I'd genuinely feel that Thomas wouldn't be that type of person, being nasty for the sake of it. It doesn't fit his character, at least the way I perceived him. However, who knows, if he was desperate and needed drastic changes done on the fly, everybody is capable of something devious. Thanks reading. @chris191070 @weinerdog

  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..