Jump to content
    D.K. Daniels
  • Author
  • 989 Words
  • 1,140 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
 

Even If We Tried – Kick-off Party:

To celebrate the release of my book, I'm hosting a live stream event on YouTube for folks to come and discuss my book so we can all reconnect about stories in general. I'd love it if folks stopped by. Everyone is welcome, and I'd love to see you there. It will be an informal chat, more like a coffee meeting, where we chill and talk about the release. I've decided to host it on April 3 at 8 PM (Irish Standard Time… aka GMT), so be sure to check the time difference. Links are below, so save the date.

 

Livestream link - click here.

https://youtube.com/live/eQbfI8vBSvc?feature=share

As They Say - (Revised) - 5. Entry #7-8

5th May 1991: Part 1

It took forever for me to fall asleep last night after I finished… you know what. I thought it would have made me sleepy as it usually does, but no. I have always been too scared to do it during the day due to the risk of slipping off to sleep because my energy levels would just go from 100% to 0%. It usually zaps all my energy. It would be mortifying if Mam accidentally walked in after I fell asleep while jerking off.

I hope I am making sense. I wonder if I am the only one that this happens to. I find that after I beat my meat, I have to wait a couple of minutes to get my energy back. It's just a hard thing to stay awake afterwards.

The house sounds like a crypt right now, just like yesterday, but I'm not going to risk it again. So I will put a t-shirt on when I go downstairs. I also need to dispose of my underwear. I kinda used it last night to clean up my mess. I was too lazy to get out of bed and go clean up, but now I have to find an effective way to get these soiled boxers into the washing machine. Mam puts the laundry machine on first thing in the morning, so that means the laundry basket is most likely empty already. I will just have to hide them somewhere and wait until tomorrow or tonight to ditch them.

I am going to knock for Ross today; he is something else. I'm not just talking about how hot he is. Ross is really neat, a little reserved, but he seems like someone I want to know more about. Aside from just being obsessed with his hot body and adorable face, he's pretty kind.

I wonder if Ross has a bike. I have two bicycles in the garage, and I guess he would be the right size for my older bike. Ross is a little smaller than me, but I think he is the same age. I actually never asked what age he is; I'm so dumb… ugh.

I haven't used that bike in donkeys. I guess it would have flat tires by now. I do have spare tubing somewhere in the shed, so all I need to do is go rooting for them. I am hopeless at remembering where I put things down. Dad is like that in a sense, but I'd never tell him this. Otherwise, he would truly be offended.

Right... Well, I better get going.

Adam

***

5th May 1991: Part 2

 

When I went downstairs, I was relieved that only my Mam was there. She came back inside from hanging out the fresh laundry. I had my fair share of chores to do before I could go anywhere. I also begged Mam about the R.E.M. album; I was so stoked when she relented.

When I actually finished my responsibilities— as my parents call it— I went next door and knocked for Ross. He didn't really hesitate about coming outside. Ross was already showered and dressed; it was almost like he was waiting for me to knock. That was very cool. It gave me a funny feeling, thinking how he excitedly got ready to go out with me before I even stopped by.

We both just messed around for a little and talked nonsense as we wandered back and forth between the two houses and then found a permanent lounging ground in my front garden. I mentioned the idea of the bikes to him, and he seemed too happy with that notion. I said the spare bike needed a wheel replacement before the two of us could explore the village. So, we spent time fishing out one from my parents’ shed.

 

Ross offered to help, but I didn't want to show him the giant railcar model I have in the garage. It's way too dorky. I knew that I wanted to do this on my own. Then again, Carl knew about the model, and he thought it was pretty awesome. All the boys knew about it. Everyone but Ross. However, I did kind of build some of it with Carl. So, he and I have that common interest. While I worked on perfecting the look of the model, Carl was usually busy sculpting the mountains out of foam.

Mam actually invited Ross in for supper, and she publicly announced that she got the album I had wanted in front of everyone. When Ross pipped up with a cute smile, asking what the CD was about, I got so embarrassed saying R.E.M.

Ross did go quiet for a moment, but then his smile returned and assured me that everything was okay. I ate dinner, and then walked Ross to the end of our driveway and said goodbye. He did look a little tired, and well, I was feeling sluggish, but I wanted to try and settle the bikes for tomorrow if I could. I think there was a moment that he felt like I was trying to get rid of him. I wasn't actually trying to hurry him along. I was just thinking onward for tomorrow. I wanted tomorrow to be good.

 

I had a bit of an effort searching for the casings. I did find what I was looking for, but the worse part was that goddam pump— it had gone missing. I tore the place apart looking for it, and after some shouting from frustration, I found it in an obvious place that afterwards, I felt stupid for not looking there the first time around.

 

Anyway, the bikes are ready to go for tomorrow morning. Well, I think. I'm going to try to listen to some of this music and see what sort of sound and vibe Ross likes.

 

Night,

Adam

Copyright © 2023 D.K. Daniels; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 11
  • Love 11
p style="text-align:center;"> Thanks for reading, if you liked the chapter, let me know what you thought. If you want to read uninterrupted, consider grabbing a copy.

Links to Amazon and Google via my website - www.dk-daniels.com 

Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Poor Adam he's just like me I always forget where I put things t I was reminded of that when he couldn't find the pump. But Adam is a kid what's my excuse?)

"I haven't used that bike in donkeys" I confess this Yank never heard that expression. I'm going to have to look that up 

  • Love 5
Link to comment
On 4/16/2023 at 3:02 AM, weinerdog said:

Poor Adam he's just like me I always forget where I put things t I was reminded of that when he couldn't find the pump. But Adam is a kid what's my excuse?)

"I haven't used that bike in donkeys" I confess this Yank never heard that expression. I'm going to have to look that up 

Sometimes we all misplace things, so I guess its okay. The expression in donkeys age is an Irish saying, meaning we "the modifier' in a long. Eg you haven't done something or seen someone in donkey years.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 4/16/2023 at 8:02 AM, chris191070 said:

I'm loving Adam's diary.

Glad you are enjoying it, thank for for commenting.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 4/16/2023 at 7:44 PM, Geron Kees said:

Keep at it! :)

 

Thanks Geron, glad you are enjoying the progression :)

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..