Jump to content
    Dodger
  • Author
  • 5,895 Words
  • 3,306 Views
  • 20 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Contains mature content

The Cockney Canuck - 152. Chapter 152 The Perfect Pitch

As an openly gay student with an English accent, a flamboyant boyfriend, and a near-death experience under my belt, I was used to people taking an interest in me. Everyone seemed to know my name, and I was often recognised even outside of the school by complete strangers, but I was never popular in the same way as Nicola. Instead, most students seemed wary of me, and I found it difficult to make new friends, especially with boys.

They were uncomfortable whenever I got too close. Perhaps they thought I was trying to hit on them, and maybe they didn’t trust themselves to say no, but I think only a few were naïve enough to believe I would waste my time attempting to get into their underwear. After all, chasing straight boys in high school was not only unproductive but likely to get you into a lot of trouble.

I got the feeling most guys kept their distance because they were worried about what their friends would think. They didn’t want to be labelled gay, so peer pressure forced them to keep their guards up, even if they didn’t feel particularly threatened. I didn’t blame them; in their position, I probably would have done the same thing, but this attitude, without doubt, denied me a lot of potential friends.

There were two prominent exceptions to this rule. One of them was Rory, who never felt the need to conform to high school protocols and showed not the slightest concern about being labelled gay, and the other was Alex. His bad-boy image, sporting physique, and sultry looks attracted girls like a magnet, and a willingness to date them all made him possibly the most unlikely gay boy on the planet. He could hang out with whoever he wanted, and only a fool or someone with a death wish would accuse him of being queer.

To my detriment, I probably knew Alex better than anyone, and we had a love-hate relationship that even Jo found difficult to categorise. But whatever happened between us, I was convinced he never meant to hurt me, and I was willing to forgive him, providing he showed some remorse.

That was the gist of what I said to Mr Andrews when he called me into his office on Monday morning to ask me how I felt about the possibility of Alex returning to school.

He had missed the best part of a year after going on the run with his little brother, but I was pleased to hear they were still together and making good progress.

“They’re in a foster home in Cobourg, and his social worker wants to get him back into school. I want to know if you have any objections.”

I got the feeling Mr Andrews was just being polite; my opinion probably wouldn’t make much difference, but I had no reason to object, and the principal looked relieved when I told him so.

“When is he coming back?”

“As soon as possible. I would like him to start this week before the spring break. We have to drop him back a year because he missed so much time, so he won’t be in any of your classes. I reached out to him last week, and I was impressed by his attitude. He seems to have turned his life around, so I’m willing to give him another chance.”

I was surprised by the sudden urgency, especially if he was being dropped back a year. It didn’t make much sense, but I could already see how it could benefit me. I may have been a shameless opportunist, but I was also a survivor, and there were some obvious advantages in having Alex as a friend. I knew his reputation could prove a valuable asset when it came to dissuading Mitch from rearranging my face, but I felt guilty when the principal explained the conditions.

“Alex will be here on probation, and he knows he has to be on his best behaviour. We won’t tolerate fighting, drugs or bullying. There’ll be no more second chances.”

It sounded like a tall order for a boy who regarded punching as a show of affection, and I could see potential problems arising if word ever got out that he couldn’t live up to his reputation. It put him at a distinct disadvantage and removed the main reason for having him as a friend.

I chided myself for being so shallow and tried to think of the many positive aspects of our friendship other than his ability to keep away potential enemies, but there wasn’t a lot there. I was still trying to think of one when I left the principal’s office with my head bowed and collided with Miss Pringle.

The school secretary jumped in the air and dropped a stack of papers scattering them over the carpeted reception.

When she saw it was me, she held me in her stare and pursed her bright-red lips.

“You again! Why don’t you look where you’re going?”

“Sorry, Miss Pringle. I didn’t see you.” I dropped to my knees to help her collect the strewn papers.

“Leave them. I’ll do it.”

“I’m only trying to help.”

“Well, don’t! You’ve done enough damage. You should be in class.”

“I have an exemption,” I said, standing up and glancing at one of the sheets. There were three questions with multiple choice answers underneath and boxes to tick. It looked like part of a standard test and judging by the questions, it was history. As Miss Pringle scurried around the floor on her hands and knees, I was trying to remember what king abdicated in 1936.

‘It was either George or Edward, but I’m sure it was Napoleon who lost at Waterloo.’

“Is this the history exam?”

“You mustn’t look at them!” she yelled as she leapt to her feet, hitting her head on the underside of the counter and making me wince.

“Are you okay?”

She rubbed the back of her head and scowled at me. “You made me do that.”

“No, I didn’t. I was nowhere near you.” I picked up another sheet from the floor to compare the questions, and she snatched them from my hand.

“Give them to me!”

“I’m not cheating; there are no answers on them.”

“It doesn’t matter. You’re not supposed to know what the questions are.”

“It says grade twelve,” I said, leaning over to look at another sheet by my feet. “I’m only in grade eleven. I won’t get this exam until next year. I’ll forget by then.”

“I said don’t look!” Her pointed shoe came down hard on the paper and dragged it across the carpet until she was able to bend her knees and pick it up without looking away from me. “These are exam papers; no one is allowed to see them.”

“How are we supposed to answer the questions then?”

She stared at me over her bifocals and pointed uncompromisingly towards the door.

*     *     *

Sue didn’t seem at all surprised when I told her Alex was returning to school, and I got the feeling she already knew, although she denied it when I asked her. She was pleased that he was doing okay, but she didn’t like the idea of us remaining friends after what happened. It was understandable. Even though we wouldn’t be sharing any classes, I was already apprehensive about bumping into him again.

She preferred me to hang out with Rory. The boy with who she once accused me of having a relationship was now her favourite. I put it down to his good manners and his ongoing relationship with Conner’s sister, which despite his slightly feminine persona, convinced her that he was straight and therefore an unlikely distraction for her gay adopted son. She meant well and was trying hard to change after years of listening to Don’s incessant rants about the evils of same-sex relationships and the threat they posed to God-fearing, law-abiding citizens like him.

Stephanie’s pregnancy had convinced him that I couldn’t possibly be gay, resulting in a noticeable change of tactics and on Tuesday evening, I got a sneak preview of what was in store with a surprise visit from the pastor.

Sue told me he was only there to see Don, but the crafty clergyman had other ideas, and he bypassed Sue to ask Don if he could talk to me alone.

“It’s nothing to worry about,” said the pastor. “I just want your opinion on something. It won’t take long.”

I wasn’t scared of the old man, so I reluctantly agreed to his request before taking him to the basement and telling Daniel to get lost.

I switched off the TV, and we sat on the couch a little closer than I would have liked.

“I hear you have a female friend now, Robbie. I’m happy for you.”

‘I should have known.’

“I have a lot of female friends.”

“Lucky you, but I’m told there’s someone special now.”

“Well, you heard wrong. I don’t have a girlfriend if that’s what you mean.”

“Stephanie, isn’t it? I’m told she’s quite a pretty girl.”

“I don’t want a girlfriend.”

He put a hand on my shoulder and lowered his voice. “And you probably don’t want to be a father at sixteen either, do you? But it’s going to happen if Don has his way. I can help you.”

I was surprised to hear him question Don’s objectives, but it sounded like a trap.

“How?”

“I’ve never met this Stephanie girl, but I know her parents, and they’re decent people. They want to do the right thing, but it’s utter nonsense to put the idea in her head that it’s okay to have a baby at her age. It will ruin her life and probably yours too.”

For once, I agreed with what he said, but I was waiting for the inevitable catch.

“So, what do you suggest?”

He smiled. “Adoption, of course.”

“But they don’t want that; Sue’s already tried.”

“With all due respect to Sue. I think I can be a little more persuasive. The Lord can reward the righteous; I’ve told you that before.”

I was confused. “You also told me I was a sinner. Why does the Lord want to help me if I don’t even believe in him?”

He laughed. “Very good. I like that question. I may even use it in my sermon at the weekend, with your permission, of course.”

“Whatever.”

“I’ll take that as a yes then, shall I?” He tilted his head, trying to look into my eyes, but I refused to look up.

“I don’t care about your stupid sermon.”

He sighed. I could tell he was annoyed, and he did well to hide it.

“Maybe I’m wasting my time. I thought I could help you, that’s all. Not everyone is appreciative of my efforts.” He patted my knee and went to stand up, but I stopped him.

“Okay, but what do you want from me?”

He sat down and smiled as he rested his boney hand on my leg. He was overly touchy, and I didn’t like him putting his hand there.

“Only your trust and a promise that you will hear me out and allow me a couple of hours of your time to show you how a lifestyle change can bring you happiness. Then the choice is yours. If you disagree with what I have to say, I will leave you alone.”

I studied his face carefully, looking for a sign that would give him away, but all I could see was a friendly old man with white hair and a slightly lumpy face. Unlike Symmonds, there was nothing untrustworthy about the pastor’s face, and I couldn’t see any danger in his proposal. I knew he wouldn’t be able to persuade me to turn straight, no matter what he said, so I would give him his two hours and listen to his argument.

“Just two hours?” I said, and he nodded. “And you promise to leave me alone after that?”

“If I can’t persuade you, then you have my word.”

I smiled and shook his outstretched hand. “You won’t be able to persuade me; I know that.”

The pastor stood up and ruffled my hair. “I’ll be in touch to let you know my progress.” He tapped the side of his nose. “This is strictly between us, Robbie. Don’t mention it to anyone else, will you? Don means well, but I’m afraid his views are a little antiquated and can be somewhat contentious in today’s society. I’m scared he’s going to drive you away, which is the opposite to what we want.”

I wasn’t sure what all that meant, but I knew it wasn’t a compliment.

“Don’t worry. I won’t tell him what you said.” I smiled, but the pastor looked unsure of how to take my comment.

Sue was waiting for us at the top of the stairs. “Is everything okay?”

I assured her it was, but she still looked suspicious, and I knew she would want to know what he said. I had until the pastor left to think of what to tell her, and that wasn’t going to be soon.

Don wasn’t concerned at all about our private chat. He must have assumed that anything the pastor said was in his best interests and was happy to keep out of it. There were more important things to discuss, like the approaching sailing season and his new thirty-foot man toy.

The pastor sounded like he knew a thing or two about boats and spoke encouragingly about Don’s plans to take the family out on the lake. Apparently, the pastor was often on the lake, so I figured he could probably walk on water, but Sue looked less than happy with her husband’s latest hobby. She was keen to distance herself from what appeared to be an over-ambitious and unnecessarily expensive attempt to unite the family.

I couldn’t imagine either of my adopted parents on a sailing boat, but Don usually got his way, and he told me the purchase had already been agreed.

“You and Daniel can come with me on Monday to see it.”

*     *     *

‘Never look a gift horse in the mouth,’ as my mom always used to say, and Alex’s reintroduction to high school could not have come at a more opportune moment. I needed all the friends I could get, and I was hoping that his reputation alone would be enough to keep Mitch at bay.

He had been looking for an excuse to hurt me ever since I embarrassed him at the beach, and he hated me even more after our recent exchange in the cafeteria earned him a caution from the principal. So, I could only imagine what was going through his head when he found out I had not only shagged the girl who had repeatedly turned down his advances but was responsible for her being in the family way.

For Mitch, losing out to a gay boy after allowing everyone to believe that Stephanie was his girlfriend must surely have represented the ultimate humiliation, and rumours were circulating that he was going to exact revenge.

I saw Alex in the cafeteria on Wednesday, surrounded by a posse of his old friends. He looked well-dressed and clean and seemed to be in good spirits, but I had already decided not to approach him. I knew he would find me when the time was right, and that happened quicker than I expected. I was arranging the books in my locker after school when I recognised his hand on my shoulder.

“Your locker has to be the tidiest in the whole fucking school.”

“Hello, Alex. Welcome back.”

“Don’t give me that shit. I wanna know if the rumours are true.” He flashed me a lopsided grin and leaned against the next locker. “Stephanie, really? How the fuck did you do manage that?”

“You heard then?”

“Yeah, I fucking heard alright. I heard that she’s having your kid. Are you crazy?”

“It was a mistake.”

“No shit! And I was thinking you two were gonna settle down and start a family. That’s a big fucking mistake, man. So, is she your girlfriend?”

“No, it was just a one-night thing.”

“Yeah, right. I’m not fucking stupid. No one’s that unlucky.” He stared at my face as I hung my head in shame. “Really?”

“Yes, we only did it once.”

“Haha, maybe you are that unlucky then. Sounds like she fucked you good. I heard her old man’s gonna force you to marry her.”

“I’m glad you find it funny.”

“I’m only laughing because I know how queer you are.”

I could have said the same thing about him, and he must have wondered why I was smiling, but despite everything that happened between us, it was good to talk to him again. He looked a little gaunt, and his eyes were bloodshot, but he was a lot different from the noxious boy I bumped into at Ginny’s party.

“How’s Luke?”

Alex smiled. His brother always brought out the best in him.

“He’s doing good. I got him going to school every day, and he’s getting regular meals and shit. Same with me. We’re both doing good. Better than before anyway, even better than we were doing at your place. Don’t take that the wrong way. Your family helped us, and I’m gonna pay them back someday, for sure.”

“You don’t owe them anything.”

“I owe you, though.” He dropped his eyes and looked as awkward as I had ever seen him. There was an uneasy silence. “You could have pressed charges.”

“I had my reasons.”

He struggled to look at me. “I’m glad you didn’t. My life would have been over.” He glanced around to make sure no one could hear. “It’s difficult for me to talk about it.”

“Then don’t! I would prefer it if you didn’t.”

He studied my face, and I could see the pain in his eyes, but it wasn’t the right time or place for that conversation. I couldn’t imagine there would ever be a right time.

“I get it,” he said, and he reached out to touch my arm before greeting two boys from Stephanie’s homeroom. They bumped fists and exchanged banter as I locked my locker. I knew one of the boys was a friend of Mitch, and I was surprised when he acknowledged me.

“What sup, Robbie?”

Those boys wouldn’t usually talk to me, and I suspected they only did it because I was with Alex, but I smiled and bumped fists with them when they left.

It wasn’t lost on Alex. “You know what. Fucking Stephanie is gonna make you a lot more popular around here than you were when you were fucking Nathan.”

“Did you hear about what happened to him?”

He nodded. “Yeah, I feel sorry for the poor guy.”

“He’s almost better now. He should be back at school soon.”

“You’re still friends then?”

I smiled. “I see him occasionally.”

“Wait a minute, is this one of those kinky love triangle things? You, Stephanie and the boy wonder?”

“Yeah, something like that.”

“Well, tell Nathan I said hello. I’ll probably be sharing a few classes with him from now on.”

I hadn’t thought about that. Nathan didn’t have much time for Alex, and I wasn’t sure if I liked the idea of them being classmates.

“So, you’re back in grade ten.”

“Yeah, Andrews thinks I can still get a diploma.”

“You can, Alex. You’re smart.”

“No, I’m not. But you don’t have to be smart to get a diploma. You just have to show up and stay outta trouble. But I’m gonna do it. I wanna prove everyone wrong.”

“Good for you.” We were interrupted again, this time by a girl who walked past us and waved. “Bye, Alex. See you tomorrow.”

He waved back. “Yeah, see you later, whatever your name is. Fuck, I can’t believe I forgot her name. She’s in my English class, and I’m supposed to be taking her to a movie on Saturday.”

I laughed. I could see how dropping back a year could benefit Alex. It presented him with a whole new set of classmates, male and female, and it seemed as if he had hit the ground running.

“Blimey, you don’t waste any time, do you? Isn’t this your first day?”

“Yeah, well, it was her idea.” He gave me a playful punch. “Sorry, I just did that because I know you enjoy it.”

“Thanks,” I said, rubbing my arm. “I missed you too.”

“Whatever. Just so you know, I’m over that gay shit, okay?”

I nodded, but I didn’t believe him for a second. There was another uncomfortable silence as we stared at each other before I realised the time.

“I gotta catch the bus.”

“Shit, and I’m gonna be late for my shrink,” he said. “I’m supposed to be meeting her at the school today, and she doesn’t like it when I’m late. You've got to see this lady. She’s the craziest fucking counsellor I’ve ever had, and believe me, I’ve had a few.”

I had a feeling I already knew her quite well, and as the school bus pulled away, sure enough, there was Jo’s car taking up two spaces in the staff parking lot.

*     *     *

As expected, Jo refused to confirm or deny that Alex was on her books when I asked her the following day after school, but she had other news for me, which I had been dreading for some time.

She waited until the end of our weekly session before lobbing a piece of chalk at my head and laughing.

“Wake up. I have some good news for you. You're off the danger list. Congratulations, you made it.”

“What does that mean?”

“It means you’re no longer considered a threat to yourself. So, soon you won't have to come here anymore. You can go home after school, like everyone else. Isn’t that good?”

“How soon?” I glared at her while she packed her bag.

“You got me for a couple of weeks yet. I thought you’d be pleased to see the back of me.”

‘Two weeks!’

I was angry that she should think such a thing. “Why?”

“Come on; I know you have better things to do than spend your time in this pokey broom cupboard talking to me. I mean, look at this room. There isn’t even a window.”

It wasn’t the room I was going to miss, and she knew it. In the short time I had been seeing her, Jo had become an integral part of my life, and I wasn’t sure how I would cope without her.

“What if I’m not ready?”

“You will be, but you don’t get to make that decision. That’s my job.” She crouched down next to my chair and blew a bubble with her gum. She knew I hated that, and I crossed my arms. “Cheer up, kid; it’s good news. No more stupid assessments. Smile at me.”

“No!”

She laughed. “You can really sulk, can’t you? How old are you again, twelve? I’m sure you’d much rather spend your time with Nathan or is it Stephanie now?”

“Nathan!” I replied sternly.

“Well, I won’t miss your sulky moods, but you do have some good points. I like you, Robbie, and I can’t say that about every kid I work with. And just because we’re not meeting up every week doesn’t mean you can’t call me if something comes up, and I don’t mean your dick, kid. You should give that thing a rest.”

“Whatever.”

“Yeah, whatever. Come on, time to go. I got another appointment.” She waved her arms at me in a gesture to leave and looked around the room. “What’s wrong with these people? They can’t even put a clock in here.”

“You broke it, remember?”

“Oh yeah. If you snitch on me, I’ll kill yer.”

“Great. You spend four months saving me, only to kill me over a stupid clock.”

“That’s right, kid, life sucks, doesn’t it?”

I waited in the empty corridor, trying to keep a straight face as Jo spent way too long cursing and trying to lock the door. She was right. I had better things to do with my life than sitting in that pokey room talking to her, but it was only because of her that I could do them.

I decided to buy her a gift to thank her for all her hard work, but I couldn’t think of anything suitable. Flowers or chocolates just weren’t her thing, and when I thought about it, I didn’t really know her that well. I wasn’t sure if she had a partner, had no idea where she lived, and I couldn’t even remember her last name.

*     *     *

Sue didn’t need to worry about me seeing too much of Alex. Now he was a year below me; other than lunchtimes, our paths rarely crossed, and we didn’t talk again until Friday.

School had just finished for the spring break, and I was on my way to Rory’s house to work on a science project. He only lived five minutes away, so we cut across the playing fields at the back, where the baseball team was about to start a practice game in preparation for the upcoming season. When I noticed Alex warming up on the mound, I asked Rory if he wanted to stay and watch.

I was still relatively new to this sport, but even I knew we were watching something special when Alex pitched seven near-perfect innings and went through the order twice without allowing a run. He walked off to a standing ovation from his teammates and the dozen or so lucky spectators who decided to stay behind and watch. Maybe I was cynical, but with Alex as the starting pitcher, the school team finally looked like serious contenders, and Mr Andrews’ decision to reach out and bring him back just two weeks before the start of the season suddenly made a lot more sense.

Unsurprisingly, most of the spectators were girls, and I suspected it wasn’t just his fastballs that interested them. After the game, he stopped to talk to them before making his way to the top of the bleachers to hang out with Rory and me.

“I’ll be better than that when the season starts,” said Alex. “You guys should come and watch.” It was difficult to see how he could improve, but I told him I would definitely show up to a few home games. Baseball was easy to watch and my favourite North American sport. I liked how the players expressed their love for each other by touching their teammate's backsides instead of beating the crap out of someone like they did in hockey or football. “Cool, maybe you can sit with Luke for me. He wants to come and watch too, but I can’t leave him on his own. He knows you, so he won’t go all crazy like he does with everyone else.”

I chuckled. “I don’t mind. It’ll be good to see him again.”

“Yeah, he missed you guys when I took him away.”

“Where did you go?” asked Rory.

“Someplace in Toronto. I got family there.”

“How did they find you?”

“The cops pulled me over. I got busted for driving without a license and insurance, and I had some weed on me too.”

Rory looked horrified. “Did you get into trouble?”

“No, Rory. They threw a fucking party for me. What do you think?”

“Oh, I see. Did you have to go to jail?” It was unlike Rory to ask so many questions. He always used to stay away from Alex when they were in the same class.

“No, they sent me back here instead, and I got lucky. Someone decided to help me. Without that person, things would have been a lot worse.”

Rory looked lost, but I knew what Alex was trying to say, and he made sure he caught my eye when he said it. It was another subtle show of appreciation for me not pressing charges against him, but it wasn’t that simple. He didn’t realise the only reason I didn’t press charges was because of a lack of evidence.

I figured that shattering his illusion at this stage would serve no purpose other than rob him of someone he could feel indebted to, so I soaked up his lavish praise and revelled in this newfound respect. In the end, I suppose, justice was done. It was better to have him grovelling around me for forgiveness than locked up in a youth detention centre, planning his revenge and counting down the days to his release.

“Where are you living now?” Rory was pushing his luck by asking questions that Alex clearly didn’t want to answer.

“I’m in a foster home. It’s not permanent, but they’re good people, and they treat us well.”

“Too bad they can’t find a permanent home for you guys,” said Rory.

“I know, it’s crazy, isn’t it? I thought we’d be snapped up by now. That’s how it usually works.”

Rory looked confused. “He was joking,” I said. “Not many people want to adopt teenagers.”

“It’s because there’s two of us,” said Alex. “No one wants to take two boys, especially when one of them has behavioural issues.”

“And Luke isn’t much better,” I said.

Alex glared at me. “That’s who I was talking about, asshole.”

I was only joking, but Alex wasn’t amused, and he was prepared to break the terms of his probation to prove it. He aimed a punch at my arm, which I narrowly avoided, but the second one connected, much to the amusement of the girls, who seemed to be edging closer.

Until then, I had been impressed by Alex’s behaviour. He was in a good mood, buoyed by the game and the general reaction to his performance, but I think there were other contributing factors. As much as he always claimed to hate school, it was a stable environment that he knew well and a place where he was an undisputed top dog. He was respected for all the wrong reasons, but it didn’t matter to him, and it must have felt good to be back in his comfort zone.

I knew Alex well enough to know that his well-cultivated tough-guy image was nothing more than a façade, but it suited him, and he looked completely comfortable in the role. He teased the girls by inviting them to join us and then flirted with them before going back to the school to shower and change out of his uniform.

I knew he wouldn’t be back, but Alex’s indifference towards his female friends never seemed to deter them. Nor it seemed, were they able to draw the most logical conclusion, but his secret wasn’t as secure as it used to be. The police knew he could swing both ways, and so did his social workers, most of the teachers, and his alcoholic father. I wondered how long he would be able to keep it from his classmates or would he continue to hide behind a growing list of one-night stands.

By the time we got to Rory’s house, it was too late to start work on our science project, so we watched a movie instead, then sat in his room and messed around on the internet. As much as I loved Nathan, I missed hanging out with my friend, and it was nice to have some time alone with him. He asked me if I wanted to sleep over, but I didn’t want to push my luck with Don and Sue, and I wanted to stay at Nathan’s the following night.

We agreed to meet up on Wednesday to work on our project, and I told him I would ask Sue if I could stay the night. There was no school next week, so I couldn’t see a problem.

*     *     *

On Saturday afternoon, after telling Don I was going to spend the night at Conner’s farm, I grabbed my overnight bag and took a cab across town. It was almost too easy. Whenever I mentioned Conner, Don never questioned me and showed not the slightest interest in what I was doing.

Despite his apparent indifference, I was still taking a big risk. If Don found out I was at Nathan’s house, he would go berserk, but that was part of the excitement, and my boyfriend always made sure it was a risk worth taking. It was my third visit to his house in a week and the second weekend in a row that we got to spend the night together. I wasn’t just breaking the rules; I was totally trashing them.

Sharing his bed added a new dimension to our love life. I enjoyed sleeping next to him and feeling his warm skin against mine almost as much as the sex. He liked to be close and was very clingy in bed, wrapping his arms and legs around me like an octopus. I had to peel him off me if I wanted to use the bathroom, but he was generally awake before me in the morning, waiting to continue our games with an expectant smile. I knew I would never tire of waking up next to this sexy boy or feeling his wet penis painting sticky lines across my stomach.

After re-igniting our sex life, we had hardly stopped for air. Every time I visited his house, Nathan managed to find a way and a place for us to do it, and I was always a willing accomplice. We did it in the basement, in the shower, and even in the garage in the back of his dad’s car, but I enjoyed it most between the soft sheets of Nathan’s bed. That’s where I could make love to him, even if we had to be quiet, and when it came time for his release, I made sure to please him in the way he most enjoyed.

When his penis touched the back of my throat, his eyes would roll back in pleasure, and when my tongue circled his glans, he would become almost delirious with joy. I was learning new tricks every time I did it and was extremely proud of my talents. Nathan was such a pleasure to please and so appreciative of my work that it was never a chore, even with a mouthful of his seed. I knew how to get the most out of him, and I could do it without spilling a drop, unless, of course, that’s what he wanted.

I was blessed with the good fortune of finding my perfect partner and at an age where we could most enjoy what we desired without harm or detriment to anyone else. It was difficult to see how something as natural and beautiful as two people sharing their love for each other could become the focus of such extraordinary hatred from people who hardly knew us.

Yet unbeknown to us, the powers that be had already decided our fate and plans had been made to ensure we would never be able to live the life that we dreamed.


If you enjoyed this chapter, please take the time to like, leave a comment below, and follow the story.
In the next chapter, Don takes the boys to the Yacht club to see the boat, and Robbie learns a shocking secret from an unexpected source.
Copyright © 2017 Dodger; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 23
  • Love 15
  • Wow 12
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

For discussion of themes and topics. The book can be found here: https://www.gayauthors.org/story/dodger/thecockneycanuck After 47 chapters and lots of drama I think it's time this story has a discussion topic where readers can interact with the author and each other. There are certainly plenty of situations, characters and emotions to bring up, and of course most of all Robbie the Cockney Canuck. Dodger has kindly given me permission to start this thread and has promised to be part of the di
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I’m wondering what the good reverend is up to, with his being so nice to Robbie and saying that he could convince Stephanie’s parents to put the baby up for adoption as it would be for the best interest of the baby. I hope that Alex will follow up and stay in school and do what he needs to do in order to graduate. I can only imagine what it will happen when Don finds out that Robbie is going to Nathan’s and not to Connor’s like he said he was. Two weeks more of seeing Jo and then Robbie is done with that we’ll see how he does afterwards.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 9/2/2021 at 9:57 PM, wenmale64 said:

Ooh I'm first :D.  I liked this chapter right up to the final sentence.  I guess Robbie and Nathan just can not get a break. Well, high school love seldom survives growing up. I still am waiting for Don to fall into an alligator pit. Please let me read about Don loosing.... well everything!  Still liking this story. Keep it up Dodger :hug:.

Thank you @wenmale64. Not too many alligators in Canada, but plenty of other dangerous animals. Perhaps he could bump into a particularly nasty bear. Fortunately, bear attacks are extremely rare in Ontario, but this year there has been a spate of fatal attacks out west involving grizzlies. Interestingly, I remember a news report a few years ago about a resident of Cobourg who discovered a cougar in his backyard. (I didn't think there were any in Ontario). Prior to that there were an unusually high number of pets reported missing in the area, which makes sense. Dogs, of course, are an easy target and make a good meal for a cougar, but they tend to stay away from humans, particularly someone big and loud like Don.  

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 9/2/2021 at 10:07 PM, pvtguy said:

There always seems that another shoe drops...Please post again soon!

I suspect this person may have a lot of shoes!

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
On 9/2/2021 at 10:19 PM, weinerdog said:

 Robby can be really naive sometimes no way in hell do I trust that pastor and I don't believe for a minute Don is unaware of their conversation the last sentence of the chapter confirmed that for me.Jo might want to keep seeing Joey after all.Please somebody tell Joey he's F-ing up with the Pastor.

So Alex is a kick ass pitcher?Of course he deserves a second chance then🙄

If you're good at sport, doors tend to open for you. I'm sure it's the same in the US.

Robbie has been incredibly naive in the past, but on this occasion, I'm not so sure. It sounds like a good deal, after all, Robbie needs all the help he can get and the pastor is talking sense. Robbie is comfortable enough with his sexuality to know that there is nothing the pastor can say to him that will make him question it. It's not like he's undecided or open to persuasion, so he has nothing to lose except a couple of hours.

We will see how it pans out.     

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment
On 9/2/2021 at 11:11 PM, Dewilmnative said:

While I am concerned about Don finding out about Robbie and Nathan. I have more concern about our overly friendly Reverend and what he plans to do to convince Robbie to change his “lifestyle”. 

We know the pastor will do his best to try to convert Robbie, although it's unclear how he intends to do this in just two hours.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 9/3/2021 at 1:01 AM, chris191070 said:

I'm concerned about the Pastor and what he has planned for Robbie. I think Don knows about Robbie and Nathan.

The pastor will try to convert Robbie for sure. Robbie know this, but he's confident with his sexuality and probably not as vulnerable as the pastor expects. Don is more difficult to predict and not easily fooled. It's entirely possible that he's aware of what's going on.

  • Like 4
  • Angry 1
Link to comment
On 9/3/2021 at 5:16 AM, wenmale64 said:

Maybe Robbie and Nathan can show the pastor and Don how a loving relationship works...in living detail :rofl:!

I'm not sure about Don, but the pastor may enjoy such a show.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
On 9/3/2021 at 8:03 AM, Israfil said:

I’m concerned about the pastor too, but at Robbie’s age, I’d have taken the bargain as well. Two hours in exchange for the pastor supporting adoption? Especially when you consider the damage he could do if he chose to push for marriage, I wouldn’t have seen another option. Which is just what the pastor wants.

I think Robbie's doing the right thing, providing he keeps the pastor to his word and doesn't allow himself to be coerced into something unexpected and provided it has nothing to do with Symmonds.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 9/3/2021 at 9:43 AM, Gary L said:

But should anyone ever trust this pastor guy? Dark clouds ahead 🌧 

gt chp.  Thanks 😊 

The pastor's been around a long time and he thinks he can convince Robbie to change. Unless he has a few tricks up his sleeve, he will have his work cut out.

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..