Jump to content
    Dodger
  • Author
  • 6,797 Words
  • 2,617 Views
  • 18 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Contains mature content

The Cockney Canuck - 167. Chapter 167 The Cat's Whiskers

The unseasonably hot weather didn’t last long and it was raining heavily on Monday when I left school and caught up with Nathan as he waited to board his bus. He looked ridiculous in a bright yellow puffy rain jacket with the hood pulled tight around his face and white leggings. As he was about to step onto the bus, I snuck up behind him and grabbed his waist.

“Gotcha, Big Bird!”

“Robbie! Don’t do that; you made me jump.”

“That’s why I did it.” I pulled him away from the door and rested my hand against the side of the bus, making a barrier with my arm so he couldn’t escape. “You’ve been avoiding me.”

“No, I’ve been super busy, that’s all. I was gonna call you tonight.”

“But you haven’t returned any of my texts or messages.”

“I’m sorry, baby. My phone’s been switched off. I left my charger at Ginny’s house.”

“Okay, so why didn’t you go to lunch today?”

He wiped the rain from his face with the back of his hand and smiled apologetically. “I was in the auditorium rehearsing for the summer show. I forgot to tell you. I’m terrible, I know. We’ll talk tonight, okay? I don’t wanna get my hair wet. Please.”

I was surprised to hear he was still doing the school show now he had much bigger fish to fry, but I couldn’t imagine him not being involved either. Sitting in the audience and watching someone else take his spotlight would have killed him.

“Don’t forget.”

“I won’t forget, I promise.” I lifted my arm, and he walked away before returning for a clumsy, rain-soaked kiss that missed my mouth. “I love you. Now get out of the rain.”

My elusive boyfriend stopped to blow me a kiss from the step of the bus before running to the back to wave through the misty window as I walked past. I wasn’t sure whether I believed his story about leaving his charger at Ginny’s house, but at least he kept his promise and called me that evening as I was getting undressed.

“You left it a little late. I was about to go to bed.”

“Well, don’t let me stop you; we can talk under the covers. I like that.”

I wasn’t in the mood for pillow talk, and I was sure my brother wouldn’t appreciate it either.

“You remember I share a room, right? Daniel’s in the shower, so we can talk for a while, but I’m gonna have to hang up when he goes to bed. You should’ve called earlier.”

“I’m sorry, I lost track of time. Ginny’s been here. We’ve been working on the costumes for the show.”

“Isn’t that someone else’s job?”

“I don’t trust them to get it right. This is really important.”

That didn’t surprise me. Everything in Nathan’s life was super important, except me, it seemed. “What show is it anyway?”

“Didn’t I tell you? We’re doing a version of Cats? You must have heard of it. It’s a Lloyd Webber musical from the eighties. Wait till you see the costumes; they’re gonna be wild!”

I hadn’t heard of the show but chuckled at his enthusiasm. “Don’t tell me you’re dressing up as a cat?”

“Don’t laugh; I’m gonna be the sexiest cat you’ve ever seen.” He made a convincing purring sound, and my mind conjured up something rude. If it was anything like his controversial portrayal of Trixiebell from Peter Pan, then it was bound to raise a few eyebrows. “Oh, and I have to sing.”

I switched my phone to speaker mode and finished undressing while Nathan sang snippets from a couple of songs I had never heard before. He was a competent singer, but his voice lacked the range required for some of the higher notes, and he was forced to stop and laugh at himself.

“So, when do I get to see your sexy costume?”

“When it’s finished. Ginny and her cousin are helping me. He works in the fashion business and gets loads of free stuff. I didn’t ask you because I know you’ve got a lot on your plate at the moment with your homophobic dad stealing your allowance.”

“He’s not my dad.”

“Yes, he is, but I don’t blame you for trying to deny it; the man’s a ….” I switched the speaker off on my phone when I heard Daniel bickering with Nicola in the next room. I wanted to listen to what they were arguing about, but I was too late. After a quick exchange of words, my brother walked in with a towel around his waist and kicked the door shut while muttering obscenities under his breath. Lately, he had switched his showers to the evening to avoid clashing with Nicola before school, but still, hardly a day went by without them quarrelling, and it was all Don’s fault. He still managed to disrupt the family even though we hadn’t seen him in almost a week. “Are you still there?”

“Yeah, but I have to go now. My brother’s back, and he’s pissed off.”

“You’re not still trying to kill each other, are you?”

“No, we made up.”

Aware that we were talking about him, Daniel stopped drying his balls and looked at me curiously.

“Ah, that’s sweet,” said Nathan. “Give him a kiss for me, won’t you?”

“That’s not gonna happen.” I smiled at my brother, climbed into bed, and covered my head with the sheet. “I’m in bed now.”

“Hmm, I wish I was there with you. I like snuggling up to my teddy bear. Are you naked?”

“No!”

“What are you wearing then?”

“Underwear.”

“What colour?”

“Does it matter?”

“Of course, it matters. Describe them to me.”

“You’re not gonna like it.”

“Why?”

“Because you’re not.”

“Please.”

“Okay,” I giggled. “If you must know, they’re bright pink with yellow smiley faces.”

Nathan was excited. “Oh my God, that’s so cool. I have a pair exactly the same.”

“Not anymore.”

“What? Did you steal them from me?”

“I knew you wouldn’t like it.”

“Underwear thief! I want them back.”

“You’re welcome to try the next time I see you, but you’ll probably forget all about them by then.”

“Now you’re making me feel bad. We can see each other soon, I promise. I’ll give you a sneak preview of my costume if you give me my underwear back.”

I was hoping for something a little more specific. ‘Soon’ could mean anytime. According to Sue, I would be eighteen soon, but that was well over a year away. I didn’t want to appear too clingy or put him under even more pressure, so I didn’t complain, but I missed his company.

“It’s a deal. Sweet dreams, Pussycat.”

I put the phone on my nightstand and stared at the ceiling while Daniel pulled on a pair of boxer shorts and set his alarm. As the last one in bed, it was his job to turn off the light, and I was already half-asleep when he walked back to his bed in the dark.

“Pussycat? Really?”

I lifted my head and glared at the shadowy figure across the room. “You shouldn’t be listening to my conversations; that was private.”

“How could I not listen?” he giggled. “I’m like five yards away. You should go outside if you don’t want me to hear.”

“Whatever.” I closed my eyes and listened to him climbing into bed. It was a while before he settled down. Then, after a brief silence, I heard him giggling.

“Meow.”

“You’re not funny, Daniel.”

“Meow.”

“Fuck off!”

“Meow.”

‘Bastard.’

*     *     *

Although we talked on the phone almost daily, the next time I saw Nathan in the flesh was the following Wednesday. It was lunchtime, and I was with David and Fran when my boyfriend marched into the cafeteria in a huff and sat beside me with his head in his hands.

“Hey, Nathan. What’s up?” asked Fran. “Are you okay?”

“No, I’ve left the show. They can do it without me. I’ve had enough of that stupid man telling me what to do all the time. He’s gonna wreck everything.” He sniffed and wiped his eyes with my napkin before glancing at me and flashing a timid smile. “How are you?”

“Good, stranger. So, who are you angry with?”

“My drama teacher. He thinks he knows it all. We’ve been arguing all week; it’s been a war in there.”

“That’s a shame. I was looking forward to seeing your costume.” I looked across the table at David and Fran to explain. “He’s playing a cat.”

“No, we’re all cats. You don’t get it,” said Nathan. “Oh, never mind. It’s going to be a complete disaster anyway. That man doesn’t know what he’s doing.”

I suspected it was more of a clash of egos than incompetence from his drama teacher, and despite vowing never to work with him again, Nathan would probably be back in the show within a couple of days. I found this melodramatic side of his personality tiresome, and it wasn't easy to be sympathetic.

David must have felt the same way, and he looked like he wanted to laugh as he scraped back his chair and stood up. “I gotta go. I need to get something from my locker.”

“I’ll come with you,” said Fran. “Too bad about the show, Nathan.”

“Yeah,” said David. “I guess that’s the closest you’ll ever get to a pussy.”

David wasn’t known for his humour, and he received a slap on the arm from Fran for his troubles, but I thought it was funny. My boyfriend responded with his middle finger and then turned on me.

“Don’t laugh, that’s very offensive, you know.”

“Shutup, I didn’t find it offensive.”

“Well, you should. Sometimes, I wonder if you’re even gay.” He winked at me before grabbing my carton of chocolate milk and sucking the last of it through the straw. “I’m sorry I’ve been so busy lately. Do you hate me?”

“No, of course not. We don’t have to see each other every day.”

“I know, but it should probably be more than a few minutes a week. I’ve been neglecting you because of this stupid show.”

I placed my hand on his thigh and gave it a gentle rub. “It’s okay. I forgive you. I know how much it means to you.”

“Ah, that’s really sweet. I’m so lucky to have a boyfriend who’s so understanding and supportive. I wouldn’t be able to do any of this without you.” He placed his hand over mine and gave it a quick squeeze. That’s when I noticed he wasn’t wearing any nail polish, and when I scrutinised his face, there was no sign of any makeup either.

He noticed me staring and guessed.

“It’s the new me,” he proclaimed. “Do you like it?” He pushed his hair back and grinned. “I’m surprised you didn’t notice sooner.”

He didn’t always wear makeup, but he usually made an effort for school, so I guess I wasn’t paying much attention.

“You look almost like a boy.”

“Almost!” He slapped my wrist. “Don’t be so cheeky. I have to get my hair cut next. I’m not looking forward to that. Can you come with me tomorrow after school to hold my hand?”

“Why?”

“For support.”

“No. Why do you need your hair cut? I like it the way it is.”

“For the movie, silly. I’m playing a straight guy, remember, and he’s supposed to have short hair. I need to get into the character. Do you think I can pull it off?”

My heart sank, and I slumped back in my chair. For a minute, I thought he was doing it for me.

“Maybe. Who knows?”

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing. I’m sure you’ll be okay. You look much nicer without that stupid makeup.”

“You’re just saying that to make me feel better.”

“No! I’ve been saying that since we started dating. Shows how much you listen to me. You don’t need makeup; you’re naturally good-looking.”

As I spoke, my boyfriend was distracted by a text message that he read while continuing our conversation. “Do you really mean that?”

“Yes, I’m not lying. You have beautiful eyes and big ears that stick up like a donkey. You’re not listening to me, are you?”

He looked up from his phone and smiled. “Of course, I’m listening. You say the sweetest things. That was Simon, he must have heard I left the show. News travels fast.” He began typing a reply with lightning-quick thumbs before suddenly stopping, looking at me and pocketing his phone. “Sorry. That was rude of me. What were you saying?”

“I was just complimenting you, but it doesn’t matter.”

“It does matter, and you managed to cheer me up. You’re the only person in the whole world who can do that.”

“Well, I’m glad I’m good for something.”

My boyfriend wet his lips and gave me a look I knew well.

“I can think of a few things you’re good for, and now I have more time, maybe we can ….”

I sighed and stood up as the first bell sounded and the cafeteria began to empty.

“We should go.”

“Wait. Can I see you after school? You can come to my house if you want. My mom won’t be home until five, so we’ll have the place to ourselves.”

I leaned my backside against the table and folded my arms. “I’m not sure. I’ll have to check with my mom.”

Playing hard to get wasn’t one of my strengths, and Nathan knew that better than anyone.

“That’s too bad. I was gonna show you the costume I made. My drama teacher thinks it’s too risqué for the show, but he’s a prude. I’m sure you’ll appreciate it more than him.” He bent his fingers to form a claw and dragged it across my chest. “I promise not to scratch unless you want me to, that is.”

I stood up straight and cleared my throat. “I suppose Sue won’t mind if I’m a little late today.”

My boyfriend had a wry smile. “And tomorrow,” he added. “I need you at the hairdresser, don’t forget. I can reward you on Saturday if you wanna stay at my place.”

It was typical of this boy. I don’t see him in over a week; then suddenly, he’s taking up every available minute of my day. I didn’t mind, but I preferred to be his first choice rather than a backup plan, and that clearly wasn’t the case. I probably wouldn’t have seen him at all if he hadn't left the show.

I wanted to make a stand and be firm, but only my dick was listening and despite my best efforts to resist; I was overruled by the perceived need for sex, and Nathan was the holy grail.

“You’re not gonna try to seduce me, are you?”

“Of course I am. I need sex, Robbie!”

'I guess I'm not the only one who lacks control.'

My boyfriend glanced around nervously as his voice carried further than intended in the now nearly empty cafeteria. A couple of stragglers turned their heads to laugh as they walked towards the exit, but it didn’t bother him. He replied by aggressively throwing his arms around my neck and pressing his lips against mine for an exaggerated kiss that blatantly violated the school rules. There were only a handful of students left in the cafeteria, but I still wasn’t comfortable, and when I felt his tongue enter my mouth, I gently pushed him away.

“Save it for later, Pussycat. We have to get a move on, or we’re gonna be late.”

I began zig-zagging around the empty tables to the exit, where I waited for Nathan to catch me up. It was usually the other way around, and he looked troubled as he hobbled towards me.

“Oh my God. I don’t believe this.”

“What’s wrong, now?”

“What do you think?”

I laughed as he put his hand down the front of his pants and tried to adjust himself. “Haha, you’ve got a stiffie!”

“Shush! Keep your voice down. It’s your fault.”

“How? I didn’t even touch you,” I crouched down to get a better look, and he smacked the back of my head.

“Don’t look, you’ll draw attention to me.”

That made me laugh. “Dude, if you don’t want to draw attention to yourself, you shouldn’t wear red trousers. Nothing screams; look at me more than they do.”

“They’re jeans, and they’re not red; they’re maroon.”

Whatever their official colour, they were too tight to hide a boner, and his t-shirt wasn’t long enough to cover the unsightly bulge. I guess he didn’t anticipate this happening, and to be fair, Nathan didn’t usually suffer from unwanted erections. He always seemed to be able to control himself much better than me, which was why I never wore tight pants.

“If you want to look like a straight boy, you’re gonna have to start dressing a little differently.” I held the door open for him, then smacked his backside as he passed.

“Stoppit, you’re making it worse.”

It was nice to know I still had that effect on him, and I couldn’t help feeling proud as he walked backwards to conceal his arousal from a couple of girls. The corridor was rapidly emptying as students rushed to their classes to avoid being late. Two lates equalled an hour of detention, and I already had one from the previous week.

I had an idea. “Why don’t you go to the washroom and sort it out? There won’t be anyone in there now.”

Nathan looked horrified by my suggestion. “We can’t do that. It’s too risky, and we don’t have time.”

“I didn’t say we. You’ll have to take care of this one on your own. You remember how to do that, right?”

He narrowed his eyes at me. “Very funny. I’m not gonna jerk off in the school washroom; that’s disgusting.”

“And sucking my dick isn’t, I suppose.”

He looked around in panic. “Do you mind not telling everyone? Anyway, that was over a year ago.”

“Even worse, we were both underage.” I dodged a wild punch as we stopped outside the boy’s room. “If you want, I can stand outside and give you some encouragement.”

Nathan laughed as the last bell sounded and sealed our fate.

“Shit! Now we’re late, thanks to you.”

“Don’t blame me. You’re the one who decided to get a hard-on.”

“Will you stop broadcasting it?”

I leaned against the lockers as the washroom door flew open, and a boy ran out.

“You guys should be in class.”

“We can’t. He’s got an erection.”

The kid gave me a blank stare, then hurried along the now-empty corridor, but the emergency was over.

“I’m okay now,” said Nathan. “You can go to your class; we may as well face the music.”

I had a better idea. “Why don’t we skip school and go to your house instead?”

Nathan looked shocked at my suggestion. For a boy who spent so much time promoting a bad boy image, he didn’t like getting into trouble.

“We can’t do that.”

“Why not? We can’t be late if we’re not here. Come on, you only live once.”

“But I’ll miss biology.”

“Oh, well, if biology is more important than five hours in a catsuit with the boy you claim to be in love with ….”

I could see him wrestling with his conscience. “It’ll only be four-and-a-half hours, actually, four by the time we get to my house.” He followed me across the corridor to my locker and watched me take out my backpack. “Are you serious?”

“Are you coming or not?”

“How are we gonna get out without anyone noticing?”

“Haven’t you ever skipped school before?”

“No, never.”

“Well, it’s simple, but we can’t go together. Get whatever you need from your locker and just walk out the main entrance like you’re supposed to be going someplace. It’s all about confidence. If you try to sneak out or look nervous, you’ll get caught. If anyone stops you, look them in the eye and give them some bullshit about a dentist appointment. You’re a movie star; it should be easy for you. Then I’ll meet you at the bus stop.”

“You’ve done this before, haven’t you?”

“Once or twice.”

“This is so exciting. It’s like one of those old war movies when they escape from a prisoner of war camp.” He fanned his face and smiled. “Okay, I’m ready.”

I grinned and mocked him. “Like an old war movie. Yeah, it’s almost exactly the same. I’ll see you on the other side, old boy.”

I felt guilty for making Nathan miss his class, but I figured what we were going to do fell within the boundaries of biology, so maybe he could think of it as a kind of field trip. It was an interesting perspective, but I knew there would ultimately be a price to pay for skipping school—something I was more than willing to do for another opportunity to stuff my manhood between Nathan’s wobbly buns and pretend it was Rory.

I was already at the bus stop when he crossed the road, looking like he had just walked through customs with a suitcase full of cocaine.

“I can’t believe I just did that. I was so nervous, I nearly wet myself.” He sat down next to me, shaking and fuelled with adrenaline. “I thought for sure I was gonna get caught.”

“Oh, you’ll get caught, alright. We won’t get away with it. They’ll wanna know why we weren’t in class and make the connection; then we’ll be screwed. I didn’t tell you that part because I didn’t want you to chicken out.”

“Thanks.”

“That’s okay, either way, you’re gonna be screwed.”

I got a slap on the wrist for being presumptuous, but I was right, and that afternoon, with the help of an empty house and a sexy cat costume, we trashed his bedroom.

*     *     *

Nathan’s outfit consisted of a tight black leotard with fake fur and fishnet stockings on his arms and legs. He had plastic claws that scratched my back and a furry hood with clip-on ears that kept hitting my face as I plundered his backside. Most impressive of all was his long, rubber tail, the end of which looked suspiciously like a penis. It was Ginny’s creation and the reason his drama teacher wouldn’t allow the costume.

My boyfriend lifted my arm from his furry stomach and wriggled his backside until he was free from my suffocating embrace. The warmth of my soft companion was replaced by a damp sheet, and I was forced to sit up and offer some assistance.

“Blimey! You should see the state of your boat race.”

He looked at me through one eye and tried to smile with tightly pursed lips as seminal fluid trickled down his cheek. There were puddles on his chin and forehead and a trail that crossed his nose. It was a work of art, almost too good to wipe off.

A little love juice never bothered Nathan, but he didn’t want to spill any on his costume, and his paws were too cumbersome to be of any use. He was completely reliant on me, but despite promises made in the heat of passion, I no longer felt in the mood to lick it off. The moment had passed, so I grabbed his t-shirt and mopped his face in a figure of eight.

“Oh my God, Robbie. That was ….”

“Incredible, yeah, I know.”

“No, it was my new t-shirt.” He sat up and frowned as I used it to clean around his eye.

“Do you want my help or not?” I studied his face, kissed his nose and tossed the soiled shirt on the floor. “Maybe I should’ve got some pictures.”

“Why?”

So I can blackmail you when you’re famous, of course, or sell them to the gutter press when you dump me for Ryan Reynolds.”

“Now you’re being silly,” he said as I unfastened his paws and threw them over my shoulder. “Ryan Reynolds isn’t even gay, and he’s probably a bit old for me anyway.”

‘Probably?’

Nathan didn’t sound very reassuring. I expected such an outrageous comment to receive a little more pushback and felt the need to clarify.

“I was only joking, by the way. I would never blackmail you or sell anything to the press, even if you did dump me and break my heart.”

He stood up and began peeling off his skimpy costume. “I know that. You’re not the type, and you don’t need the money.”

I stared at my naked boyfriend in disbelief as he stepped out of his leotard, looking red and sweaty. It sounded like he had it all figured out.

“So, you are gonna dump me?”

“Of course not. I love you, Robbie. You know that.” He cupped my cheek with his clammy hand and leaned forward to kiss me. “I wouldn’t let you do what you just did if I didn’t love you.”

‘Let me?’

That wasn’t the way I remembered it. Nathan usually set the agenda when it came to sex, and that day was no different, but I didn’t complain. It looked a lot better on him than makeup.

*     *     *

I arrived home later than usual and feeling guilty for skipping school. What seemed like a good idea a few hours earlier was now a cause for concern. Not for the first time, I allowed temptation to lead me astray and potentially compromise Sue after she had sacrificed so much to defend me.

It was important that she didn’t find out, so I was relieved to see her smiling at me when I walked into the kitchen and sat at the table.

“Sorry I’m late; I had to stop at Nathan’s house to help him with some homework. I was gonna call you, but ….”

The excuse I had been rehearsing all the way home was promptly tossed aside by Sue, who looked happier than I had seen her in ages.

“That’s okay, dear. I’ve got some good news for you.”

‘Don’s dead!’

I crossed my fingers, but it was a big ask.

“Don’s decided to move out. Nicola will be able to have her room back, and you and Daniel can have the basement to yourselves again.”

It wasn’t quite what I hoped for, but it was close enough.

“You mean, he’s moving out for good? Like forever?”

“Yes, dear. That’s what usually happens when couples divorce. He didn’t have much choice in the end, but that’s not your concern.”

It seemed almost too good to be true. Don—my nemesis. My mom’s brother. The man who brought me to Canada and promised me so much, only to snatch it back when he discovered I didn’t fit into his world—was leaving.

It felt like a victory, and I wanted to punch the air in delight, but it would have been wrong. I didn’t want to rejoice over their broken marriage, so my celebration was muted out of respect for the woman I now called mom.

“I can help Nicola move her stuff if she wants.” I was looking forward to de-girlifying the basement and ready to start immediately, but I was getting ahead of myself.

“Don will have to move his things out first, dear.”

“Where is he going?”

“Wherever he is now, I expect.”

I assumed he was staying with the woman from the church who I saw in his car. Sue wasn’t giving much away, but I had a feeling she knew.

Wherever he was, he wasn’t here, and I hadn’t seen him in over a week, although he sometimes came over during the day when we were at school to work in his study. I realised then that this wasn’t going to happen overnight. Half of the house was his, and it was likely to be a long, drawn-out process.

There were other considerations that Sue needed to point out. “You realise Don will still be your adopted father. That will never change, you know that. He will have the same rights and obligations as now, at least until you’re eighteen. What I’m trying to say is you’ll still have to see him. He’s not going to suddenly disappear.”

I knew there would be a catch. “So, he’s still gonna control my life, only now he’s gonna do it from a distance. Nothing’s gonna change then, is it?”

I picked up my backpack and dragged it to the stairs, passing Nicola on the way.

“What’s up with you? Haven’t you heard? You’re gonna get your basement back.”

“Yeah, I heard.”

“Geez, there’s no pleasing you.”

My sister was right. It was wrong of me to complain. Thanks to Sue, things had already changed for the better. I threw my backpack down the stairs and returned to the kitchen to hug her.

“I’m sorry for moaning.”

“That’s okay, dear. You’re a teenager; it’s your job. Things are going to be a lot different, you’ll see. You just have to be patient.”

*     *     *

When we left the hairdressers the following afternoon, Nathan was almost unrecognisable. No makeup, no bling, and no outlandish clothing. Just a pair of board shorts, a loose-fitting t-shirt, a pair of sandals, and a baseball cap that covered his newly cropped hair. He looked disturbingly young and in need of a good meal but decisively male, and to me, that was of overriding importance.

He slapped my hand as I tried to peek under his cap. “Will you stop looking?”

“It suits you.”

“Do you think?”

“No, not really, but it’ll grow on you, for sure.”

Watching the hairdresser ruthlessly shave off my boyfriend’s silky locks was a nerve-wracking experience, but he insisted it had to be short. There were still four months to go before they began shooting the movie, and the studios would have to cut his hair again before filming, but he wanted time to get used to it. I admired his dedication. This was his professional acting debut, and he was leaving nothing to chance.

Going from shoulder-length to a number three was quite a transformation, and without the bling, it was almost like having a new boyfriend. When we got to his house, I pinned him to his bedroom wall for a suffocating kiss and grope that left him gasping for air and looking pleasantly shocked.

“Oh my God. Haven’t you had enough of me this week?”

“I can never get enough of you. Especially now, you look like a boy.”

He wasn’t convinced and sighed as he studied his reflection in the mirror.

“I’m too skinny. They said I have to put on some weight.”

It was music to my ears. “Well, that’s easy. You just have to eat more. You’ll look even sexier with a few extra pounds.”

“But I’m never that hungry.”

“You don’t have much choice. I might need to start force-feeding you.”

That amused my boyfriend. He put his arms around my waist and rested his chin on my shoulder. “I don’t mind. We can start tomorrow if you want. I promise to swallow whatever you put in my mouth.”

He kissed me and winked before reeling away and smirking at my discomfort. I may have been physically stronger, but there was never any doubt who was in control.

Tomorrow was Friday, and I could stay overnight. It sounded perfect until I remembered I was supposed to go to Rory’s house.

“Shit! Can’t we make it Saturday night instead?” My question was met with a hard stare, and I was finally forced to reveal my plans. “Only I promised Rory I’d stay at his house tomorrow so we can get up early and watch the football in the morning.”

It rolled off my tongue so easily in the end, but I knew it wouldn’t go down well with my boyfriend, and his mood changed the moment he heard Rory’s name.

“Why do you have to stay overnight to watch a football game?”

“Because it starts early. It’s the time difference. It makes sense.”

“Not to me, it doesn’t. Who else is gonna be there?”

“Just Rory. Oh, and his parents, of course.”

“Does Rory share a room with his parents?”

“No.”

“I didn’t think so. So, it’s just gonna be you and blondie. You must think I’m stupid.”

“You’re paranoid. Rory’s my best friend. I keep telling you he’s not gay. We planned it ages ago.”

“Well, you’ll just have to unplan it, won’t you? You never mentioned it to me.”

“I’ve been meaning to tell you, but I kept forgetting and you’re always so busy lately. I can stay here on Saturday. That’s what we usually do.”

“Sorry,” he snapped, “I can’t do Saturday.” Then he leaned back against the wall and studied my face. “You weren’t going to tell me, were you? You thought I’d be rehearsing for the show.”

He was right. There was no point in me telling him because I knew he would jump to the wrong conclusion. What he didn’t know couldn’t hurt him, and he was likely to be busy anyway, but it was a poor decision that left me looking as guilty as sin.

“Of course, I was gonna tell you.”

“No, you weren’t. It makes perfect sense now. That’s probably why you missed my birthday party at Ginny’s house. You were with Rory, weren’t you? I can’t believe you’ve been cheating on me.”

He turned his back on me to sob into his hands, leaving me baffled and cursing my stupidity. I had to admit, agreeing to this sleepover probably wasn’t the smartest move, but Rory made it sound so innocent.

“I didn’t go to Ginny’s house because I was tired that night. I was at home with Daniel; you can ask him if you want.” I put my hand on Nathan’s shoulder, but he brushed it away. “Nothing is going on with Rory, I swear. Scouts honour.”

“That means nothing,” he sniffed. “You were never in the scouts.”

“Only because they wouldn’t let me, and that wasn’t my fault. The point is Rory and I ….”

“Wait, wait, wait!” Nathan stopped crying, and I thought I heard him chuckle. “What do you mean they wouldn’t let you? Who gets turned down by the scouts?”

“It was the vicar. He said I tried to kill his son, but it’s not important.”

“You can’t just leave it like that,” he said, sniffing. “What did you do?”

“We were swimming, and I pushed him into the pool, that’s all. The vicar said I was a troublemaker, and the scoutmaster didn’t like me anyway, so they wouldn’t let me join.”

My boyfriend sniffed and wiped his face. “That’s a bit harsh for pushing a kid into a pool.”

“We were on the diving platform.”

He turned around and burst into laughter. “Oh my God, that’s so funny. You really did try to kill him.”

“Of course not; he could swim. Just not very well. I dived in to see if he was okay. No one remembers that bit.”

My boyfriend covered his mouth with the bottom of his t-shirt as tears rolled down his cheeks. I couldn’t tell if he was crying or laughing.

“Robbie, you can’t expect a medal for saving someone’s life when it was you that pushed him in in the first place. No wonder they banned you from the scouts. Oh my God, this is why I love you?”

I was confused. “Because I pushed someone off the diving platform?”

“No, because you make me laugh, you dick. And because you pushed someone off the diving platform. What other dark secrets do you have that I don’t know about?”

“None. I wasn’t really a troublemaker.”

“Then why didn’t the scoutmaster like you? Go on, you never talk about your life in England.”

Nathan sat on his bed and crossed his legs, seemingly no longer concerned by my supposed infidelity. Telling stories from my childhood was infinitely easier than justifying a sleepover with Rory, so I sat beside him and cleared my throat.

“He didn’t like me because I was a better swimmer than him. He always bragged about how good he was, so one day, Tom challenged him to a race. A hundred metres—two laps of the pool in front of all the scouts, and I was one of those dragged in to make up the numbers. Tom was a good swimmer, but the scoutmaster was in his twenties and much stronger.”

Nathan stared at me. “Well? What happened?”

“I won, but he wouldn’t accept it and accused me of jumping the start. I guess he didn’t like getting beat by a kid.”

“What a sore loser. I knew you’d kick his ass. Why didn’t you tell me this before?”

“Because it’s not important anymore.”

“Well, I think it is. I’ve got goosebumps just listening to you.” He shivered before pushing me over on the bed and planting a big, wet kiss on my cheek. “And I bet you looked super sexy in Speedos.”

He made me laugh. “I didn’t wear Speedos, and I was only eleven at the time, you pervert.”

“Okay, super cute then. But fucking hell, no wonder he was pissed, getting beat by an eleven-year-old. You must have been good.”

“I wasn’t bad. I had a good teacher.”

He dropped down beside me and looked into my eyes. “Your mom?”

I nodded. “She was the best.”

“I’m sorry, baby. It still hurts, doesn’t it?”

Nathan pulled me close and rubbed my back, but he was the one crying, and I could feel his tears on my neck.

“It’s not so bad now. I don’t think it ever goes away, but maybe that’s a good thing. I don’t want to forget her, but it’s painful when I remember. I know it doesn’t make much sense.”

“It does to me. Is that why you don’t swim anymore, because it reminds you of your mom?”

“I think so. That’s what Jo thinks anyway. My mom and swimming are so connected. I kinda lost interest in going to the pool when she died, and now, I don’t even miss it.”

“That’s a pity. I never met your mom, but I don’t think she would have wanted you to stop swimming because she died. Just saying.”

I thought it was a cool thing to say. I never even considered that before.

“Maybe you’re right.”

“Of course I am.” We stood up, and he lifted my arm in the air like the winner of a boxing match. “My boyfriend, the lifesaver. I’m proud of you.”

I laughed and pushed him away. “I’ve never saved anyone’s life, and I doubt I’d be able to anymore. I’d be too scared.”

“Well, I love you anyway, and I know you’re not really cheating on me. I’m just jealous, that’s all.”

I was glad he came to his senses but couldn’t understand why he was jealous.

“You’re going off to make a movie. You don’t need to be jealous of anyone. Rory’s not a threat to you. He’s a good guy and totally straight.”

“No, he’s not, but I trust you. You can go if you want.”

I stood back and scratched my head. “Are you sure?”

“Of course, I’m sure. It’s just a sleepover, after all.”

It was an unlikely U-turn, but I was happy to accept.

“Exactly. I’m glad we agree.”

“As long as I’m invited too.”

“What? But you don’t like football?”

“It’s only fair. You wouldn’t like it if Ginny invited me somewhere and not you. Tell Rory to make up an extra bed because I’m coming whether he likes it or not. Oh, and ask him if he wants me to bring anything other than my pyjamas, of course. Or are they too formal? I don’t mind sleeping in my undies if you wanna be daring. What do you usually wear when you sleep at his house?”

‘His underwear.’

I could read Nathan like a book. There was no way he would turn up at Rory’s house. Sleeping on the floor and waking up early on a Saturday to watch a football game wasn’t his idea of fun. I figured it was just a ploy to disrupt our plans, so I called his bluff.

“Fine. I’ll ask him tomorrow. But you can’t muck about; it’s serious stuff.”

“I know; I’ve seen how excited you get watching soccer. I can’t wait. Do you think Rory will want to kiss me if his team scores a touchdown?”

“No, and it’s called a goal.”


If you enjoyed this chapter, please take the time to like, leave a comment below, follow the story, or recommend it to others.
In the next chapter, Nathan’s back in the show and Sue has a surprise for Robbie.
Copyright © 2017 Dodger; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 18
  • Love 25
  • Haha 3
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

For discussion of themes and topics. The book can be found here: https://www.gayauthors.org/story/dodger/thecockneycanuck After 47 chapters and lots of drama I think it's time this story has a discussion topic where readers can interact with the author and each other. There are certainly plenty of situations, characters and emotions to bring up, and of course most of all Robbie the Cockney Canuck. Dodger has kindly given me permission to start this thread and has promised to be part of the di
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Really glad to see that Dan is gone from the house or is going to be gone from the house. Serves him right for all he put his family through. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to comment

Awesome chapter. Don moving out is brilliant news. Robbie is getting fed up with Nathan, they seem to have grown apart.

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment

Hopefully Don will get run over by the moving truck!  Nathan has out lived his sell-by date. He really needs to grow up and learn he is not the center of any ones universe except his own and that is is a VERY lonely place to be. I am thinking Rory would be a very good boyfriend to Robbie if he swings that way.  Thanks Dodger for the chapter. It is always nice to see more of Robbies world!!!

  • Love 4
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment
Gary L

Posted (edited)

18 hours ago, Wesley8890 said:

Im pretty much done with nathan to be honest. Like his whole attitude is very tiring.

Am totally with you.  Nathan even beats Z**h from the Mark Arbour series in my opinion.  Great storytelling, as we expect from @Dodger, nevertheless, someone needs to say, “Nathan, you are the weakest link! Good riddance!”

Really good to read a new XL size chp, 🤩

Edited by Gary L
  • Love 5
Link to comment
On 2/21/2024 at 9:12 PM, JohnnyC said:

Thank You Dodger for This Latest Chapter , I went back and read the last chapter first to refresh my memory lol . Well worth the wait my friend ! Look forward to the next one 📖

Thank you, @JohnnyC. Yeah, I get it. The gap between this chapter and the previous one was even longer than usual. Thanks for reading and commenting.

  • Love 4
Link to comment
On 2/21/2024 at 9:53 PM, Okiegrad said:

Loved this chapter!  Always makes me happy to see a new chapter.

Thank you, @Okiegrad.

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
On 2/21/2024 at 9:57 PM, Wesley8890 said:

Im pretty much done with nathan to be honest. Like his whole attitude is very tiring.

Nathan is highly motivated and focused on his dream. I don't blame him for doing whatever he can to make the most of his opportunity, but it doesn't make him a particularly nice person. Maybe you have to be like that to succeed in that business, but I think Robbie understands his position and accepts it for what it is. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
On 2/21/2024 at 10:04 PM, pvtguy said:

Robbie has outgrown Nathan but hasn't realized it yet.  Nathan is so immature.  This was a most welcome chapter.  I'm eager to see what is really going on with Don...lots to learn yet about the trust, his infidelity...

Sue wasn't giving much away, but if "he didn't have much choice in the end," then she must have some kind of hold over him. Don's not the type to go quietly, though, and it would be wrong to underestimate him.

  • Love 2
  • Fingers Crossed 2
Link to comment
On 2/21/2024 at 11:30 PM, weinerdog said:

If Nathan doesn't call or is incommunicado when he's in a show in the same town and same school as Robbie what do you think is going to happen when Nathan is out of town filming an actual movie? Combine that with one of Robbie's thoughts "something I was more than willing to do for another opportunity to stuff my manhood between Nathan’s wobbly buns and pretend it was Rory." Oh yeah Robbie and Rory WILL cross the line

Poor Robbie has always dreamt of Rory, and they're so well-matched, but life is rarely so straightforward. There are two things standing in the way. One is Rory's fragile sexuality, which is still somewhat uncertain and sometimes seems capable of swinging in either direction and the other is Nathan. 

  • Love 2
  • Wow 1
Link to comment
On 2/22/2024 at 12:00 AM, Dewilmnative said:

Really glad to see that Dan is gone from the house or is going to be gone from the house. Serves him right for all he put his family through. 

It's good news that he's officially moving out, but he can still cause problems and he's unlikely to go quietly. Robbie can't afford to relax yet.

  • Wow 2
Link to comment
On 2/22/2024 at 3:04 AM, chris191070 said:

Awesome chapter. Don moving out is brilliant news. Robbie is getting fed up with Nathan, they seem to have grown apart.

Thanks @chris191070. I think most people are getting a little tired of Nathan. Maybe he'll come to his senses and stop being so selfish, but I wouldn't bet on it.  

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
On 2/22/2024 at 4:18 AM, wenmale64 said:

Hopefully Don will get run over by the moving truck!  Nathan has out lived his sell-by date. He really needs to grow up and learn he is not the center of any ones universe except his own and that is is a VERY lonely place to be. I am thinking Rory would be a very good boyfriend to Robbie if he swings that way.  Thanks Dodger for the chapter. It is always nice to see more of Robbies world!!!

Nathan is caught up in his own publicity. I think it's easy for people in his position to do, but it's not good news for Robbie, who will have to decide whether or not he's worth the hassle.  

  • Haha 1
  • Wow 2
Link to comment
On 2/22/2024 at 4:00 PM, Gary L said:

Am totally with you.  Nathan even beats Z**h from the Mark Arbour series in my opinion.  Great storytelling, as we expect from @Dodger, nevertheless, someone needs to say, “Nathan, you are the weakest link! Good riddance!”

Really good to read a new XL size chp, 🤩

Thanks @Gary L. I had to do some reading to find out who this Z**h character is, but that's never a bad thing.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..