Jump to content
    Dodger
  • Author
  • 5,124 Words
  • 6,302 Views
  • 30 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Contains mature content

The Cockney Canuck - 70. Chapter 70 Canada Day Part 2

It was obvious from the beginning that being in a relationship with Nathan wasn’t going to be easy, and perhaps our biggest problem was finding somewhere to be alone. Most of our personal conversations happened on the phone or by text and since our one and only date, we had been presented with precious few genuine opportunities to be intimate with each other. It was rare for us to find sufficient time alone even to talk, let alone indulge in anything more physical, yet suddenly, without any real planning, we had found ourselves in what I had previously regarded as a very unlikely situation.

After being excluded from the Canada Day celebrations, I had been so absorbed with feeling sorry for myself and throwing childish tantrums that I failed to recognise the potential benefits of being stuck indoors while everyone else was out. Nicola was a lot smarter. She had told me to stop being a baby and instead, use the situation to my own advantage, although I didn’t grasp what she was saying until after she had left. Her clever plan may have been hatched more for her own benefit than mine, but it had nevertheless presented Nathan and me with some precious and unexpected alone time.

Unsurprisingly, we spent most of it in the small but comfortable confines of my single bed, where he swiftly administered the perfect antidote to my sexual frustration. My two-week abstinence came to a quick but messy end, in the expert hands of my angelic boyfriend, but it was only an appetiser. He had made it clear to me what he wanted for the main course, and I was happy to serve it up for him, but time was beginning to run out and at twelve-thirty, with nothing to lose and everything to gain, I decided to take the initiative and call Sue before she began heading home. The plan was to buy an extra hour or two with my dream boy, by persuading her to stay out longer, and with Nathan willing to take over her shift, I could see no reason why it wouldn’t work.

I told her that Nicola had only just left for the beach, but that Nathan had come over and was going to stay for a while to keep me company. “So you don’t have to rush back,” I said. It definitely caught her by surprise although I don’t think that she was too comfortable with the thought of Nathan looking after me. She seemed hesitant, but I kind of enjoyed telling her, if only to see what reaction it got. If Nicola was right, then Sue was already suspicious about my close friendship with Daniel’s best buddy, but the fact that she hadn’t even so much as dropped a hint, had given me a shot of confidence. It made me wonder how far I would have to go before something was said, or if she would even be prepared to accept it.

Only a few weeks before, that scenario would have seemed preposterous to me, but Nicola’s reaction since her discovery and her unexpected support had totally wrong-footed me, blowing my theory out of the water. I wasn’t going to get carried away, but the future, which I had previously tried not to think too much about, was beginning to look a little brighter all of a sudden.

“Oh, err, well…I’m almost finished here anyway,” said Sue. “I was going to bring you back something to eat…something nice.”

“It’s okay,” I said, “I’ve already eaten.” It was kind of true I suppose, but I wasn’t about to elaborate.

“Well, Nathan probably won’t stay that long honey. I imagine that he’ll want to go down to the waterfront with everyone else.” Her words made me smile and I wondered who she was trying to kid. Nathan seemed to be more interested in going down on me, than the waterfront, and now he was lying beneath me, doing his best to keep still and quiet while I made a very necessary phone call. He certainly didn’t look as if he was ready to leave anytime soon.

“He doesn’t mind Sue, honestly,” I said, but as I shifted my weight slightly, I heard him take an involuntary sharp breath and felt him clenching around my dick. I nearly went dizzy again, only this time with excitement as I coughed and tried to continue. “We’re gonna sit in the garden…for a bit…and get some fun…sun I mean.”

“Are you feeling okay, hun?”

“Yeah…much better now,” I said and I rested my chin against Nathan’s sweaty shoulder.

‘I will never try this again’.

“Well, I’m glad you’ve managed to cheer yourself up,” she said. “I know it’s been tough for you lately, but we just want you to get better, that’s all. You understand that, don’t you?”

I rolled my eyes. “Uh, huh.”

“I know there’s not a lot for you to do there.”

‘You’d be surprised’.

“But we’re gonna make it up to you, okay? We promise.”

‘Yeah, I’ve heard it before, now please can I go’?

“It’s very kind of Nathan to come over,” she said. “Say thank you to him for me, won’t you?”

“Hmmm.”

“And remember, you’re supposed to be resting, so if you’re gonna be playing games, don’t get too excited.”

‘Too late for that. I wonder if she ever listens to what she’s saying’?

I managed not to laugh, but I couldn’t reply, choosing instead to inhale some of Nathan’s boyish scent from behind his ears. I loved his smell, which brought back more memories and sent a jolt of life into my slacking manhood. My boyfriend showed his appreciation with a tight-lipped smile and half-closed, dreamy eyes.

“Well, I suppose there’s not much point in us coming back straight away if Nathan’s there with you,” she said after a little pause. “Amy wants to get her face painted.” So did Nathan, but his preference was a little more abstract.

“I’m fine honestly. Let Amy stay and have some fun. I’ll be okay.”

“Are you sure honey?” I think that she already knew the answer though.

“Yes, I promise to call if Nathan has to leave.”

For once she seemed almost at a loss for words. “Okay dear, umm, well, as long as you’re okay. Be good, won’t you…and don’t forget…?” Her voice trailed off as she seemed to forget what it was that I shouldn’t forget, and I felt the sudden need to end our little chat.

“I err have to go now.” I could feel my boyfriend’s arms and legs tightening around my back in frustration pulling me in deeper. I didn’t think it was possible and I bit my lip until it hurt. I was sure that our conversation was over, but Sue had one more surprise waiting for me.

“There’s someone here who wants to say hello quickly,” she said, and I cringed at the thought of having to talk to Amy while having sex with Nathan. Sue was bad enough, but this would be impossible.

“Hey you, how are you feeling sweetie?” It wasn’t Amy’s voice though.

“Fran…err. Hiya,” I said as Nathan let out a little moan and I scowled at him. “I’m much better now.”

“That’s good. I wanted to visit you in the hospital,” she said, “but they were only letting close family in…I understand though. I’m glad you’re getting better.”

“Me too. I heard that you’re at the art fair, selling paintings, that’s really cool.”

“Yeah, I sold a couple already today.”

“Well, I would definitely buy one, but I’m kinda stuck inside at the moment.” My comment got me a gentle kick in the back from Nathan’s heel.

“You don’t need to,” she said. “You can have one for free, you know that. Ex-boyfriend privileges.”

“Yeah, well…how is David? Is he with you?”

“He’s here and he say’s hello. He’s a little tired; I got him up early today.”

‘I bet. The poor sod must be knackered keeping up with you’.

“I’d like to stop by and see you one day,” she said. “Is that okay?”

“Yeah, that would be cool.”

“They asked me to clean out your locker for you at school,” she said. “So I returned your books and I’ve got some of your workbooks that you may want to keep. Oh, and Mrs Reigor has given me a couple of books to give to you. She said you should read them over the summer, to keep on top of things.” It was Fran, at her most organised best and I kind of missed her running my life with such precision.

I giggled and glanced down at Nathan. “I am trying to keep on top of things Fran, but thanks for all your help.” I smiled as my boyfriend mouthed something to me, while Fran was passing on messages from classmates. Then put my finger to my lips to tell him to be quiet. “You can come over any day you want, I’m not exactly going anywhere.”

“Ah, you poor thing,” she said and Nathan must have heard her because he rolled his eyes. “I’ll bring something with me to cheer you up.”

“Yeah, thanks.” There was an uncomfortable silence, it wasn’t really the best time to be having a chat with my ex and I couldn’t help thinking that she knew that I was up to no good.

“Well, I’ll let you get back to whatever you’re doing,” she said and I jumped at the chance, replying before she had even finished talking.

“Yeah, and you. Good luck with your paintings. Oh, and can you ask Sue to call me when she’s coming home?” It sounded too suspicious. “NO! Sorry, don’t say that just tell her that I’ll call her if I need her. NO! You know what, just tell her that I said goodbye.”

‘I am such a plonker’!

“Yeah…right,” she said a little suspiciously. “Take care then sweetie.”

I could picture her confused expression as I ended the call and dropped the phone on the floor, letting my face drop into the fold of Nathan’s neck.

'What does she expect; I’ve had a blow to the head’?

“Ahem, when you’re finished catching up with your ex-girlfriend…do you remember what we were doing?” he said. “I don’t wanna complain but you’re getting kinda heavy.”

I thought it was funny that the only thing that he seemed to be uncomfortable with was my weight. “Oh sorry, I totally forgot about you,” I said and then waited for the backlash, which came in the form of a quick bite on the chin and an unexpected poke in the stomach from his own, impressively rigid tool. It was a timely reminder of the one thing that Fran didn’t have, and sent a ripple of sexual excitement through my body ending at my dick. Then I watched his eyes roll back in his head as I pushed us both a good six inches further up the bed.

Despite my misgivings; the position on top was beginning to grow on me, and Nathan helped by looking so incredibly cute and sexy beneath me that it was almost impossible to resist. That afternoon, with the house to ourselves, he threw off his shackles to reveal a previously unseen side of him. I suppose it was totally in character for him to be so vocal, expressive, and completely without inhibition, but it was also a massive turn on. It was perhaps, more intense and satisfying than anything that I had previously experienced in real life or fantasy, beating everything that went before it into a distant second place.

I never realised that sex could be that good, and all credit had to go to the gorgeous boy sweating and panting below. He was still watching me ten minutes after I had finished, only breaking his smile to plant the odd kiss on the side of my face and neck. He was utterly encouraging in every way and for the first time since my accident, it was so abundantly clear just how much I loved this guy.

I could have stayed there with him all day; just holding onto him, with his head buried in my chest and his silky, freshly shampooed hair in my face. There was no need to get up, no crazed panic to get him out of the house before someone came home, and no fear of discovery hanging over our heads. We were experiencing this together for the first time and for me, it was every bit as sensual as the main act before it. Maybe even more so.

Shortly after making love, I noticed a tear escaping from his watery eyes and I licked it up as it trickled down his puffy, red cheek and pulled him into my chest. No explanation was necessary; we were so completely in tune with each other’s feelings it was almost scary.

“It’s okay, it’s over now,” I said, and I squeezed him as hard as I could, as another tear followed. To have been denied the opportunity to love this boy, because of the misguided actions of some bigoted, hateful individual, would have been cruel beyond words, but whatever the intentions of the person responsible for my injuries that day in school, it was quite clear to me now that he had failed.

* * * * *

The sky was a deep blue and without a single cloud; perfect weather for a national holiday and I tried to imagine what it would be like at the beach. I had been told that the population of Cobourg would double over the Canada Day weekend, but the northern edge of town where we were, seemed to be deserted. I was in the garden lying on my back on a sun lounger listening for signs of life, but other than the birds and the occasional passing car at the front, it was eerily silent. Even the neighbour’s houses on both sides were unusually quiet.

‘Does everyone in this town go to the waterfront on this day…like some kind of religious pilgrimage’?

If Nathan hadn’t turned up, I would have been climbing the walls, desperate to join the fun at the beach, but his presence and the fact that we were on our own had turned a potentially desperate situation completely on its head. After two-and-a-half hours between the sheets with the boy wonder, I was fairly certain that if anyone was missing out, then it definitely wasn’t me. It wasn’t surprising, therefore, that I no longer had any desire to leave the house; wild horses wouldn’t have dragged me away.

With the sun’s rays gently pinching at my bare skin, I took heed and sat up just as my boyfriend walked out of the house.

“What are you doing?” he said. “I told you to lie down.” He was carrying a tray of food and drinks, which he placed on the grass next to me.

“I can feel myself burning,” I said as I reached for the bottle of sunblock, but before I could get it open, he had snatched it from my hands.

“Don’t even think about it, I’ve been looking forward to covering you in cream.”

“What, again?” I said and he laughed.

He must have known that there was no way I was going to turn an offer like that down, but Nathan’s insistence on pampering me was a little over the top, if totally enjoyable. He may just have used an entire bottle of sunscreen on me that afternoon, gradually building up an impenetrable barrier between the sun’s rays and my delicate pale skin. I was pretty sure that nothing was getting through. I could have walked naked through Death Valley under a giant magnifying glass and still come out looking paler than a nun’s tit.

There was only one part of me that was red and sore, and that was more through abrasion than anything sun-related, but it still didn’t stop him from reaching into my shorts and smothering it in factor-fifty.

“Just to be on the safe side,” he said, and I shook my head but didn’t resist, knowing that his turn was next. He refused to go topless though, so I concentrated my efforts on his legs and feet, which I placed, one-at-a-time in my lap, while he sat opposite me on one of the garden chairs.

“Have you ever heard of an illness called Cystic Fibrosis,” I said and it caught him off-guard as I massaged his foot.

“Yes, but I don’t know much about it…why?”

“It’s what that kid’s got…you know, the one who was in my room at the hospital.”

“Oh…that’s too bad,” he said, but I could understand why he wasn’t particularly affected by the news. He was a complete stranger to Nathan, and I guess that I didn’t really know him much better myself, but I kept thinking about him and I didn’t know why. Maybe it was because of what Lorna had told me.

“Yeah, he’ll probably die before he reaches twenty…it’s his lungs. It fucks them up or something and he can’t breathe properly. That’s why he has to have oxygen…his name is Jamie.” It wasn’t my intention to bring the mood down and I don’t really know why I felt the need to tell Nathan. It wasn’t as if he could have helped in any way and I wasn’t asking him to either.

“That’s really sad,” he said.

I nodded in agreement as I swapped his feet around and squirted a dollop of cold lotion across his toes making him flinch. “He’s only twelve,” I said, then changed the subject. “You have a lot of hard skin on the bottom of your feet.”

“It’s from dancing and not wearing shoes.”

“You should wear shoes then…except when you’re with me,” I said rubbing his sole. “Hard skin doesn’t suit you, everything else on you is soft.”

“Not everything,” he said with a naughty smile and a sparkle in his eye. I laughed as he began rubbing my crotch with his heel; we had been out of bed for barely an hour and he was already making a play for round three.

“Are you trying to make up for lost time or something?”

“Well, I don’t know when I’m gonna get another opportunity like this,” he said. “But if you’re having trouble keeping up then…?”

“I didn’t say that,” I interrupted him. “I’ve never had trouble keeping it up.” It was a statement that I was easy to backup when he slipped his well-oiled foot up the leg of my shorts. He must have known that such a bold move would be impossible for me to resist and I didn’t even try.

“Shall we go downstairs?” he said.

“Back to bed, you mean?” He smiled at me from his sunken position in the chair as he continued to massage my dick with his foot.

“I liked it earlier.”

“Me too.”

We giggled at each other as I held his hand and led him back downstairs to my bedroom. Then I watched him undress and climb into my bed. It was a sight to behold, and one that I knew I would never forget. It was almost too good to be true.

“So do you wanna do what we did earlier?” he said. “Or do you wanna maybe try it another way?” I was trying to think of how many ways it was possible to do it, but for once we weren’t on the same wavelength and it wasn’t until he made his intentions blatantly obvious that I fell into his plan.

“Are you sure?” I asked, but he was already climbing on top of me and aiming his tool menacingly towards my back door.

“Why should you have all the fun,” he replied. “If you’re okay with it I mean?”

I was, and he knew I would be, even though I was a little unprepared and out of practice. The last person to go in through the out door was Alex, and that hadn’t been a particularly pleasant experience, so I was apprehensive. I shouldn’t have been; Nathan was a bit smaller than my bi-sexual jock friend and a lot more caring and sensitive. I had to continually reassure him and even then, he seemed reluctant to break into a sweat. I guess that he just wasn’t cut out for that role, and even though he made a big noise at the finish, it was clear to me that he only did it for my benefit. I decided that in future, I would be the one doing the driving. I was more adaptable and was able to prove it afterwards when I took my turn and made short work of an easy task.

Three times in just over four hours was, I believed, a pretty good return, and although exhausted, I felt a lot better than I had done before. Our exertions though had taken a toll on my bed which had been thoroughly tested, beyond anything that it was designed to withstand, particularly during the final inning.

“We need to clean up a little,” I said after peeling myself off him. It was a massive understatement; we had been close to sticking to each other at that point, and the room stunk of sweat, spunk, and sunblock. It made for a particularly pungent cocktail, which I was certain would linger until we managed to dispose of all the evidence. The sunblock proved problematic. It had been a lot of fun—if a little precarious—during sex, but the sheets were a mess and needed to be washed before the family got home.

The good thing was, we had plenty of time to clean up, and it was still only four o’clock when Nathan joined me in the shower for a long overdue scrub. I was surprised that I still managed to get a little horny at the sight of him naked, and after washing his back and buttocks, I was soon back at full mast, while he somehow managed to remain soft. He thought it was funny, but I was sure that it was more his fault than mine. Nathan was a walking aphrodisiac, and I was certain that anyone in my position would be equally as helpless in the presence of such undeniable beauty.

As usual, the most unbelievable thing of all was the thought that this highly desirable position was exclusively mine and as far as Nathan was concerned, it would be for a long time to come. I was the luckiest boy in the world again, which was quite a turnaround from how I had felt that morning.

“I think I may be bipolar,” I said as we sat at the dining table later that afternoon. Nathan laughed as he dealt another hand of cards—a pastime designed to keep our hands off each other—while we waited for Sue and Amy to arrive. She had called to tell us, or maybe even to warn us that she was on her way home, but we were expecting her earlier and were already at action stations.

“Bi-sexual maybe,” said Nathan, “but not bipolar.”

It took me by surprise. “I’m not bi-sexual, why did you say that…because of Fran?”

“But you were dating her and you did have sex with her and other stuff.” He had a faint smile on his face but he sounded serious and I thought that maybe he was annoyed that I had talked to her while I was having sex with him. It sounded a lot worse than it was and he laughed at my suggestion.

“No, stupid. I would be concerned if it were the other way around,” he said and I had to work that one out.

“That will never happen,” I said. “I told you what went on between us, but having sex with you Nathan is the best thing ever. I swear that’s the truth. Nothing will ever be able to beat that. Not ever!”

“Okay, I believe you,” he said and he leant across the table to kiss me. I met him halfway and slid my hand up his t-shirt for one final quick touch of his flesh just as we heard the front door open. Looking him in the eye, I smiled and returned to my straight character, as Amy ran excitedly towards us. She had a bright red maple leaf emblem painted across her face and I cringed as she launched herself at a terrified looking Nathan, jumping on his lap. I knew that he was a little tender down there and he did well to mask his obvious discomfort, while Sue told Amy off for her childish exuberance.

“How are you honey?” said Sue and she walked over and put her arm around my shoulder. “You look a lot better than when I left.”

It wasn’t surprising. “I am a lot better,” I said smiling broadly at her. She looked me in the eye and nodded. I knew that I would need to keep that goofy smile under control, but it was taking a lot of concentration.

“What have you two been up to all day?” she asked and even though I knew that she didn’t mean it in the way that it sounded, it still sent me into a panic and I stared across at Nathan for some help.

“I’ve been teaching him how to play poker,” he said, holding up his hand of cards, but it was obvious that we hadn’t been playing all day. At any other time, I don’t think that Sue would have been too happy with that statement. She disapproved of gambling in the same way that she disapproved of drinking, but she seemed a little distant as if she wasn’t really listening. Then she turned towards me and patted me gently on the top of my head.

“Your hair’s wet, you haven’t been swimming have you?” she said.

“No, err I just had a shower…it was hot in the garden.” It was the truth, but I started to panic when I saw her looking at Nathan. His hair was probably damp too, but it wasn’t noticeable. I wasn’t sure if that would really prove anything anyway, but maybe she didn’t need proof anymore.

“You look nice dear,” she said, probably pleased that I had managed to change out of my pyjamas. “And you too Nathan.” She smiled but again she seemed deep in thought.

“Are you okay?” I asked.

“Yes dear, I’m fine,” she said and I shared a worried look with my boyfriend as Sue went off to the kitchen. “As long as you’re okay?”

“What’s wrong with her?” mouthed Nathan and I shrugged my shoulders, although I think that we both knew.

We continued playing cards while Sue made us all a drink and brought out a box of ‘Timbits’, mini doughnuts from Tim Hortons, which I loved. Then she sat at the head of the table and rubbed her forehead. She looked stressed and worn out.

“We’re having a few people over on Saturday,” she said. “You don’t mind?” I shrugged my shoulders and put a doughnut in my mouth. I didn’t understand why she needed to ask me. “Most of them are Don’s friends, you’ve probably met a few of them already.” I stared at her and reached for another Timbit at the same time as Nathan. Our hands met over the box and we giggled before I slapped his wrist. He tried to hit me back but I pulled my hand away quickly and he missed. It was just a bit of fun that usually wouldn’t have interested Sue, but this time she just sat and watched us with a blank expression.

“A lot of people were asking about you today,” she said to me. “You’ve made a lot of friends here in Cobourg.” As I looked over at her, Nathan took the opportunity to grab a doughnut and slap my hand, laughing. I reached to grab him across the table as he put it in his mouth and pulled a funny face at me.

“That’s the one I wanted,” I said and laughed as he pushed it halfway out of his mouth to tease me. “He’s disgusting Sue, look at him.” She smiled and shook her head at us as we tried unsuccessfully to slap each other’s hands.

“I’ve noticed how close you two have been lately.” I was still giggling as Nathan swallowed his mini doughnut and turned to Sue.

“Robbie’s a really good guy,” he said, probably a little too defensively. I caught him off-guard and slapped him hard across his hand. “Ouch, that’s not fair.”

“I know he is dear. You know he was feeling very sorry for himself this morning, but he seems to be a totally different person when you’re around.”

I stopped laughing. “We have a lot in common Sue,” I said seriously and turned to look her in the eyes.

“I can see that,” she said and I noticed her wiping away a tear. Then she reached across the table and grabbed my hand. I must have looked surprised. “You don’t have to be scared honey.” The house fell silent except for Amy’s television show downstairs. I could hear my heartbeat, but I didn’t know what to say. “It’s been obvious to me for a while.”

I shared a quick glance to Nathan who was chewing his lip. “It has?”

She nodded. “Is this what you want Robbie?”

“Yes.” My eyes were already filling with tears.

“Have you always felt this way?”

“Yes,” I said as the tears began to spill.

“Honey, I’ve been waiting for you to tell me,” she said as she fought back her own tears.

“I couldn’t!” I started to cry and nothing in the world could have stopped me. It just hit me like a tonne of bricks. I looked across at Nathan and he grabbed my free hand and squeezed it before I stood up and held on to Sue.

I heard Amy running up the stairs to ask Nathan why I was crying, and then watched him take her hand and lead her into the kitchen before I dropped my head and cried into Sue’s shoulder.

“It doesn’t matter honey,” she said. “It doesn’t matter.”

“I’m sorry Sue.”

“It doesn’t matter; you don’t need to be sorry. It’s okay.”

“I was so scared of what you would say,” I said as I sobbed into her shoulder.

“It’s okay baby. We needed to know, but you don’t have to be scared anymore…we almost lost you…before we even had the chance to really know who you were.”

If you enjoyed this chapter, then please take the time to leave a comment and follow the story. Your feedback is always welcome and noted. Members are also invited to discuss the story and characters with others, and there is a discussion on the forum via the link below.

http://www.gayauthors.org/forums/topic/42134-the-cockney-canuck-by-dodger/
In the next chapter, Robbie continues his recovery at home with the help of a few unexpected visitors.

Copyright © 2017 Dodger; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 47
  • Love 10
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

For discussion of themes and topics. The book can be found here: https://www.gayauthors.org/story/dodger/thecockneycanuck After 47 chapters and lots of drama I think it's time this story has a discussion topic where readers can interact with the author and each other. There are certainly plenty of situations, characters and emotions to bring up, and of course most of all Robbie the Cockney Canuck. Dodger has kindly given me permission to start this thread and has promised to be part of the di
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



Finally Sue let it out! Why do I think unexpected visitor means from across the pond? Its freaking hilarious trying to have sex and talk on the phone. Its not like i know rthat from personal experience or anything:whistle:

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Finally, really like how Sue dealt with the situation. I hope that her use of "We" means that Don will not make Robbie live hard, Robbie was affraid of Don's reaction. I am glad they had an alone time, hope they can get together more ofter now that it is kind of open to their family, but let's see how the rest react. 😀

Edited by sweetlion86
  • Like 4
Link to comment

Though it wouldn't have made much difference since Sue already knew about them, I couldn't help but roll my eyes at the doughnut thing.  Like come on, they were ridiculously obvious.  Speaking as a guy who's good at hiding.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Wesley8890 said:

Finally Sue let it out! Why do I think unexpected visitor means from across the pond? Its freaking hilarious trying to have sex and talk on the phone. Its not like i know rthat from personal experience or anything:whistle:

 

Of course not and I didn't have to do any research for this either :unsure2: but I guess it would be kinda hilarious!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Israfil said:

Though it wouldn't have made much difference since Sue already knew about them, I couldn't help but roll my eyes at the doughnut thing.  Like come on, they were ridiculously obvious.  Speaking as a guy who's good at hiding.

 

I think that Robbie was looking/expecting Sue to say something. He was already pushing it as far as he could but you're right the doughnut bit was as blatant as it gets. It's a shame that he couldn't quite get up the courage, in the end, to actually come out and tell her straight that he was gay, but I think that he was ready. Thanks for the comment.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
1 hour ago, sweetlion86 said:

Finally, really like how Sue dealt with the situation. I hope that her use of "We" means that Don will not make Robbie live hard, Robbie was affraid of Don's reaction. I am glad they had an alone time, hope they can get together more ofter now that it is kind of open to their family, but let's see how the rest react. 😀

 

Does 'we' mean Don as well? I can't say for sure. Don has his own agenda, but there hasn't been a lot so far to suggest that he will fly off the handle. I think that he will have a lot of opposition in the family if he does, but we'll have to wait and see. Thanks for the comment.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Timothy M. said:

Yes, finally - and :2thumbs: to Sue for doing the right thing. I forgive her for being annoying at times, she's got her heart in the right place. And I'm glad Robbie had a wonderful time with Nathan - even if Nicola had to prod him into realizing. :lol: 

 

Well yeah, how could I not allow Sue to redeem herself. She's annoying; you're right about that, but she has shown in the past that she cares and there has been nothing to suggest that she's homophobic in any way. Robbie tends to overthink everything and worry about problems that aren't there, but we still have the two males in the family to contend with and that should be interesting. Thanks, Tim.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment

As predicted by many, Sue already knew. I doubt Don will be quite as comfortable, I think he will also be accepting – it’s not as if he were an Albertan (who I have been led to believe are the closest Canada has to US Southerners).

 

This will mean Robbie and Nathan will be able to hang out together, but will also mean Sue will be keeping a closer watch on their interactions.  ;-)

Link to comment

Also didn't have to research the face painting exclamation point I don't know why but I laughed for 5 minutes when I read that! Abstract? Really?

  • Like 2
Link to comment

What a beautiful chapter. First time in 69 chapters that everything ended happy. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Finally :D!!!!  Now to see the reaction from the rest of the family. I think Don will hesitantly be OK.  Daniel will be Ok with the gay part, but very hurt for the secrets by both Robbie and Nathan.  Can't wait for the playout.....  Great Story, keep it coming :P

  • Like 3
Link to comment

I knew Sue knew....wow I'm a poet hehehe....great chapter....and good to see around the site some more ;) 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, droughtquake said:

As predicted by many, Sue already knew. I doubt Don will be quite as comfortable, I think he will also be accepting – it’s not as if he were an Albertan (who I have been led to believe are the closest Canada has to US Southerners).

 

This will mean Robbie and Nathan will be able to hang out together, but will also mean Sue will be keeping a closer watch on their interactions.  ;-)

 

I'm not sure if Albertan's (if that's what they call themselves) are rednecks. I have to be careful what I say here though because I have friends and some family in Calgary and friends in the South (US). Let's just say that Canada has its fair share of homophobic, racist bigots and a lot of them funny enough (like Don) seem to originate from other countries. Not saying that he's one of them though. You're right about Sue because I don't see her allowing the boys that kind of freedom again in the near future, although they may be able to see a bit more of each other and stop having to lie all the time. They just have to keep their clothes on.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
3 hours ago, daveymars said:

Also didn't have to research the face painting exclamation point I don't know why but I laughed for 5 minutes when I read that! Abstract? Really?

Well, you know, nothing is achieved without sacrifice, but I draw the line at Maple Leafs, they just look ridiculous!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Randy said:

What a beautiful chapter. First time in 69 chapters that everything ended happy. 

Wow, never thought about that, but you may be right. Just don't expect it every time. I would like to say that everything's going to be swell from now on, but you know that I would be lying, so hang on in there. Thank you for the comment, Randy. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, wenmale64 said:

Finally :D!!!!  Now to see the reaction from the rest of the family. I think Don will hesitantly be OK.  Daniel will be Ok with the gay part, but very hurt for the secrets by both Robbie and Nathan.  Can't wait for the playout.....  Great Story, keep it coming :P

 

Thanks, Wenmale. You're the only one so far to mention Daniel, but I think that his reaction will be pivotal and Sue must have already been thinking of ways to handle this because it won't be easy. Fingers crossed.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
58 minutes ago, JayT said:

I knew Sue knew....wow I'm a poet hehehe....great chapter....and good to see around the site some more ;) 

Thanks, JayT. I try to keep up as much as I can with you guys, but it's not easy and I'm usually about a day behind everyone else here. Better late than never I suppose. :*) 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Dodger said:

Thanks, Wenmale. You're the only one so far to mention Daniel, but I think that his reaction will be pivotal and Sue must have already been thinking of ways to handle this because it won't be easy. Fingers crossed.

 

Well, the rest of us may have decided to ignore the issue, so we could wallow in the happiness. :lol: 

 

5 hours ago, wenmale64 said:

 Daniel will be Ok with the gay part, but very hurt for the secrets by both Robbie and Nathan.  

 

yeah, you're right, but can we please forget about it for now ? ;) 

  • Like 4
Link to comment

I've read this chapter twice now because I liked it so much. I'm so glad Sue said something to Robbie, and that his coming out to her went well. She said 'we' a lot so I'm wondering if Don also knows? And how he feels (or will feel) about it. Because although he's not blatantly homophobic there has been a few times reading the story that I get the feeling he doesn't 100% approve of Nathan.

 

Also enjoyed Robbie and Nathan's time together, it was nice to see Robbie rediscover those feelings for Nathan!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Kjamieson said:

I've read this chapter twice now because I liked it so much. I'm so glad Sue said something to Robbie, and that his coming out to her went well. She said 'we' a lot so I'm wondering if Don also knows? And how he feels (or will feel) about it. Because although he's not blatantly homophobic there has been a few times reading the story that I get the feeling he doesn't 100% approve of Nathan.

 

Also enjoyed Robbie and Nathan's time together, it was nice to see Robbie rediscover those feelings for Nathan!

 

You're right, Sue did use the word 'we' quite a bit but that's no guarantee that Don is going to be reading from the same page. Thanks for your comment and for reading the chapter twice! I hope that it was because you enjoyed it and not because it was difficult to understand. I know that sometimes my writing tends to ramble and stray off-topic, which can be confusing. I have tried to address this lately and I'm always working on ways to improve. Oops! There I go again.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Mmmmm, I do hope Robbie and Sue are on the same page and are both talking about Robbie being gay and she's not on about something else.??

Ok, Sue seems a bit more open minded I expect due to her work, but Don, well, he seems to have a stick up his arse and to have a gay person in his house might upset his perfect world.

Daniel  is a different matter, and I think if his dad had not shown Nathan the door sometime ago I think there was a bit of a crush going on between the two of them, now a hot threesome between Dan, Nate and Rob, .....................hold that thought, ok cold shower time..............................Ok back again, now where was I??

Nicola however has surprised me, good for her.

Looking forward to more chapters, but do think there maybe tears before bedtime.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

What a wonderful chapter Dodger! I got a sort of lump in my throat reading it -- particularly the last few paragraphs. It would be a much improved world if ALL parents were as loving and accepting as Sue. Unfortunately, it is just not so often enough! 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 2017-06-04 at 3:56 AM, Jeff1 said:

Mmmmm, I do hope Robbie and Sue are on the same page and are both talking about Robbie being gay and she's not on about something else.??

Ouch! I don't think that I could be that cruel to do something like that. It would have been interesting but you guys would never have forgiven me. Thanks for the comment Jeff.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, SolarMaxx said:

What a wonderful chapter Dodger! I got a sort of lump in my throat reading it -- particularly the last few paragraphs. It would be a much improved world if ALL parents were as loving and accepting as Sue. Unfortunately, it is just not so often enough! 

 

Thanks, SolarMaxx. It would be nice and Sue has proved a few people wrong as has Nicola, but Robbie isn't quite out of the woods just yet!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..