Jump to content

The Long Way 1. Long Way

   (7 reviews)

When a secret gets out and things unexpectedly go awry, Owen finds himself living with his twin brothers, an ideal situation for him. But not everything's perfect under the surface, and as he falls for his neighbor, makes new friends and learns to trust again it's a long road to making things right.

Copyright © 2010 DomLuka; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (19 members)

  • Action Packed 8
  • Addictive/Pacing 17
  • Characters 18
  • Chills 2
  • Cliffhanger 9
  • Compelling 5
  • Feel-Good 6
  • Humor 4
  • Smoldering 8
  • Tearjerker 12
  • Unique 8
  • World Building 5

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

raven1

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Owen's life changes when his secret gets out, and his father's reaction has him in the hospital.  His twin brothers come to his rescue, and provide him with a safe environment.  However, there are a lot more things that need healing than his broken bones.  This is a thoughtful, well written story of change and growth as Owen learns that life is only as good as the people who choose to care about him. Dom Luka is a very respected author, and this is a great example of his fine writing. It is also a sweet story filled with romance.  I highly recommend reading this well written story.

  • Love 1
Link to review
weinerdog

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

All the reviews here particularly @Dodger tell you all you need to know about the story.I won't call this a flaw because it's a real life problem but this story is heavy on screwed up parents but the support from other loyal family members and friends make up for it.I'll say too much if I keep talking about but I will say this is one of the handful of stories that I consider MUST READ

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to review
Quizich

· Edited by Quizich

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Someone somewhere said 'best wiring is when one tells the stuff one knows well'.

In real life it's fairly tough to be gay and not to face at least some trials and struggles that DomLuka so skillfully portrays in main character's life. Depth of thoughts, jumbled feelings, heavy baggage, search for reason and meaning.. everything is present in main character brought to us by masterful writing of the author.

I can't recommend this particular story enough. And, honestly speaking, a little "cleaned up" version of it might be a good read for some confused parent or best friend out there - that's how, in my opinion, this work is good.

 

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to review
chessdude

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

This is by far one of the very best gay Coming Of Age/Romance stories ever written. I can't imagine why anyone would give this story less than 5 stars. It is one of Dom's very best, and a beautiful love story with very good and realistic character development. It is realistic and believable, yet still very intriguing and captivating. This is a must read for sure.

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to review
Carlos Hazday

· Edited by Carlos Hazday

   7 of 8 members found this review helpful 7 / 8 members

You will laugh and you will cry. You will love and you will hate. And then you'll start on the second chapter.

I'm not a fan of teen angst and this story has it in spades. The author resorts to the old approach of making the main character oblivious to certain things in order to force the dramatic events and it's often cheesy. I spent most of the time wanting to slap Owen around because he was being so stupid. Characters not expressing their feelings is a cliche but once again it helps show how lack of communication is at the root of many relationship problems.

Fairly well written, the story would benefit from completing revisions the author acknowledged had begun. Too many misused words will make you cringe.

Wait! Don't run away. Even though he's stupid, Owen's an extremely likable character and so are Aiden, Tony, Chris, and most of the supporting cast. If my criticism above leaves you thinking I hated the story, you're wrong. This is the third time I've read "The Long Way."

Imperfect but worth a look.

  • Like 5
Link to review
Higster

· Edited by Higster

   6 of 7 members found this review helpful 6 / 7 members

Great Story, currently on my third time reading it. Absolutely stunning work. In my opinion, if someone is new to this website and doesn't know where to start reading, this story is perfect for them as it really connects with the reader and has them continuously interested the more they read.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to review
Dodger

   9 of 9 members found this review helpful 9 / 9 members

You cannot go wrong with Dom Luka, and this is another fine example of his best work. It's an interesting set-up, with three young brothers sharing an apartment. Owen, the youngest and the main character, moves in with his two older brothers--who are identical twins that only he can tell apart--after being thrown out and beaten up by his parents. There are 30 long chapters to wade through, but a big cast of characters and plenty going on to keep you interested and wanting more. Highly recommended.   

  • Like 6
  • Love 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..