Jump to content

A Walk Along the Promenade

   (1 review)
Genres: General Fiction
Sub-genres: Drama
Scarborough 400a.jpg

One evening, in one man’s life when everything will change.

 

Shaun’s disabled leg has affected his entire life, causing a downward spiral he neither likes nor can live with. It is not just that his life is on hold, it is now falling backwards. On holiday in Scarborough (A northern English seaside resort), he finally faces the realities of his life and decides to take matters into his own hands. A walk along the town’s promenade to clear his thoughts and to help him make up his mind, if only the town’s numerous seagulls would stop following him.

This novella is written in six different scenes, but those scenes are of very different in lengths. I have divided this story up into 2,000 words sections for serialisation, which required some of the scenes to be divided up into different parts, while some of the scenes will be published as a single section. Each part will flow directly into the next one.
 
This was written for adult readers, with adult themes and emotions, some of which may be uncomfortable. It also contains descriptions of violence and scenes of a sexual nature.
Copyright © 2019 Drew Payne; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (1 member)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 1
  • Characters 1
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 1
  • Feel-Good 1
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 1
  • World Building 1

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Mancunian

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Following a brutal attack Shaun feels that his life is over with the physical and emotional pain being too much to bare. Thankfully a chance encounter makes him rethink and realise that life is worth living. This emotional journey evokes feelings in the reader that are hard to ignore. It is a really good recommended read.

  • Like 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..