Jump to content

Days Like This

   (3 reviews)
Genres: General Fiction
Sub-genres: Drama
Days_Like_This.jpg

Some days go right

Some days go wrong

Some days don’t go at all.

Simon is sixteen and on the edge of everything changing, his world changing from adolescent to adult, to facing up to his sexuality and coming out, but not just yet.

Now, his boyfriend is late and he’s sat on a cold, concrete bench waiting, waiting, waiting…

Over twenty different days, during four weeks in spring, this story follows Simon as he navigates the difficult journey of his coming out. Like all journeys, this one will change him but in ways he doesn’t imagine, taking him places he didn’t expect to go.

 

Each chapter is set during one of those twenty different days, though some days are so busy they will fill two chapters or even more.
 
This story has been edited by GA member @Marty, check out his profile here and follow him
Copyright © 2019 Drew Payne; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (5 members)

  • Action Packed 1
  • Addictive/Pacing 1
  • Characters 5
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 1
  • Compelling 1
  • Feel-Good 1
  • Humor 1
  • Smoldering 1
  • Tearjerker 1
  • Unique 1
  • World Building 2

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Mancunian

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

This is a very realistic feeling story. It contains humour and drama, a bit of sorrow balanced with joy and captures the moment brilliantly. It draws you in to the point that you want to be Simon's friend, I enjoyed reading it and I hope many others will too.

  • Like 2
Link to review
JeffreyL

· Edited by JeffreyL

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Simon is quiet and a bit shy. He is dealing with coming out and finding a boyfriend. The story is well-written, with interesting characters, good dialogue, and a plot that has serious moments, humor, and sweetness. Be certain to read Chris191070's review. He did a great job describing the plot. And like him, I highly recommend this story! 

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to review
chris191070

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

This is the fantastic story of Simon, spread over 4 weeks and 20 different days.

We follow Simon as he navigates the difficult journey of coming out. We are introduced to his family and friends in this wonderful tale that is full of plenty of up and downs as he navigates this difficult journey whilst looking for a boyfriend.

Highly recommended as a good read.

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..