Jump to content
    faust
  • Author
  • 1,406 Words
  • 527 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Perfect Dark:Dark Night - 2. Chapter 2

Mission File: INFRACTION PROTOCOL *CLASSIFIED*

The transport, now a distant memory was only meant to serve as an immediate distraction as the agent disembarked and proceeded to infiltrate the Datadyne Corporation. He stood stock still as he took in his surroundings and tried to find a pattern to the security guards behavior. Remembering the recon report he had viewed no more than an hour before, he slowly lowered himself from the helipad and dispatched the security guard before he could open the roof access door.

Slowly making his way inside he waited as the second guard opened the inner access door and turned to talk to someone further down the corridor. As the guard began to turn back to the door, the agent lifted his silenced Falcon 2 pistol and quickly pulled the trigger. Neatly catching the guard before he could fall to the floor, the agent pulled the body backwards and deposited it on the roof with the first guard.

Making his way back inside the building, he proceeded to locate the last guard listed in his report before completing his primary objective. As the agent stepped onto the ramp which would lead him to the first of two internal security hubs, he ran immediately into the guard he was searching for and both proceeded to fall gracelessly down the steeply curved ramp. As they both began to stand, the agent looked over the guards shoulder at the security camera anchored to the air conditioning, currently focused on the security hub.

The guard turning to follow the agent’s line of sight began to scramble backwards and attempted to get into the cameras field of vision trying to raise the alarm. Desperate to stop the guard, the agent retrieved his silenced pistol from the ground and fired two shots into the camera before it could complete its circuit. Turning to look at the agent once more, the guard’s face slowly morphed into a twisted grin before saying ‘you truly didn’t expect this to be a repeat of the first time did you?’ As the agent looked down at the training room control attached to his wrist, his breath rushed out of his body he emitted a hissing gasp as he felt the bite of many needles fired into his backside. The agent’s eyes widened and he desperately tried to reach the emergency shutdown beacon as he slowly fell to the ground and lost all sense of himself.

“What is your name and designation?” The agent refused to answer but soon found himself in the fight of his life as his voiced betrayed him and said very loudly and clearly ‘My name is Matthew Johan Dark. I am a Perfect Agent.” A loud curse could be heard as the interrogator began to ask more questions. “I thought Joanna Dark was the only Perfect Agent. I happen to know for a fact she is called Perfect Dark. How are you connected to her and what are you called?” Once again the agent struggled to overcome the urge to answer, and yet again was betrayed by his own mouth. ‘There was previously only one Perfect Agent codenamed Perfect Dark. My current level of skill surpasses even hers earning me the codename Dark Knight. I am her son.” The room erupted into chaos as all present tried to get close enough without revealing their identity to get a good look at the young man.

He could feel the sense of lightheadedness wearing off and fervently wished that his interrogators would keep arguing amongst themselves until he was fully free of the unknown influence. As if reading his mind, the room settled into a tense silence as the clipped English tone of his prime interrogator rent the air once more. “Why is Carrington having so many seasoned veterans access this mission file archive? What is he planning?” Matthew attempted once again to overcome the influence which compelled him to answer, and felt he had finally made progress when his body lurched forward and he was slammed face first into a vat of abysmally cold ice water.

As panicked as he should have been at this turn of events, he was beside himself wondering why he was oddly alright with this reaction to his refusal. Indifference or not, he was beside himself when he felt his pants and underwear ripped from him and once again felt the bite of an imposing needle. Yanked from the vat of water while coughing and sputtering, Matthew tried to put space between himself and his captors.

Offering no respite from the newly preferred form of persuasion, Matthew was given yet another shot, and had no doubt in his mind that this time he would not only damn himself with his answer but others as well. This time he would have absolutely no choice or control of the information that would drip from his mouth. As he cursed about his current situation, he was once again asked “Why is Carrington ordering his veterans to review the Datadyne Mission file archive? What is he planning? And to prove to you how deathly serious I am this time, I’ve taken the liberty of injecting you with the equivalent of a few liters of the Psychosis serum. I suggest you start talking if you wish to leave here with your mind intact.”

Matthews face paled visibly at her obvious threat, and before he knew it he was busy answering all of her questions while providing relevant background information. ‘Daniel Carrington is no longer head of the Carrington Institute. After the death of Cassandra DeVries he proved unable to cope and the task of maintaining the Research and Development Company as well as the Counter- Terrorism division fell upon the shoulders of Joanna Dark. There has been a lot of talk and speculation within the past two weeks that Cassandra has reappeared with the Datadyne Corporation as well as Trent Easton, and Mr. Blonde, but the last has been disproved. Mr. Blonde is still as dead as he was post mission, but the bodies of Trent and Cassandra have never been recovered.’

‘We have received intelligence from an undercover operative within the Corporation that the rumors were true. We are under orders to prepare for a mission to extract both targets, quarantine them, and question them for information.’ As he finished talking the voice once again sliced through the air,” Wow, who knew the results of introducing just the proper incentive to talk. Now tell me who the Carrington spy is in Datadyne!”

Matthew froze. He knew if he were anywhere other than the Carrington Institute’s training room and he uttered the name he would be instantly put to death. ‘She goes by the name Amanda Decker; also known as Velvet Dark, Joanna’s sister. The voice reverted back to upbeat the instant her answer was received, and with a flash of light Matthew found himself standing on the steeply curved ramp aiming his pistol at the security camera.

A rectangle of light intruded upon his vision and he wasted no time in firing at the three figures that rapidly approached him. Noticing the failure of the bullets to do their appointed jobs, he unsheathed his combat knife ad lunged at the smallest of the three. As he closed the distance and got within striking distance, he felt the bite of a needle once again and collapsed to the floor in a heap.

Matthew Dark woke a few hours later in the medical bay of the Carrington Institute. He slowly looked around his bedside taking note of the faces around him when he asked what happened. Slowly looking him over, Joanna calmly told him what was witnessed in the training log and asked about the two hour period of white noise before Matthew reappeared. Matthew looked at everyone like they were crazy and told them all he remembered was everything already mentioned by his mother.

As he began drifting off to sleep once more, the room became morbidly quiet when Matthew whispered ‘You guys sure know how to program an interrogation!’ All eyes finally turned to Matthew as he finally drifted to sleep, but not before he could be heard murmuring ‘You guys could probably open a school and get rich teaching some of those interrogation tactics you used.’

The sound of scrambling ran rampant through the room as the three agents ran to the security center to report a breach.

Copyright © 2011 faust; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..