Jump to content

Awoken by the Wolf

   (3 reviews)

A midlife single university teacher in ornithology feels deeply unhappy with his life so far and starts pondering what made it that way. But although he is able to find part of the answers, he doesn’t have the courage to change it. When he is sent on a field research job in Alaska, the total change in environment brings him this courage and he enjoys the new-found freedom with the help of an extraordinary guide.

Contains explicit erotic scenes
©Copyright 2022, Georgie D'Hainaut; All Rights Reserved eserved.

Story Recommendations (10 members)

  • Action Packed 3
  • Addictive/Pacing 4
  • Characters 10
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 8
  • Feel-Good 9
  • Humor 2
  • Smoldering 3
  • Tearjerker 1
  • Unique 8
  • World Building 3

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 18,909 Words
    • 2,503 Views
    • 28 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

pvtguy

  

Such a beautiful and descriptive story of self-discovery in a place that gave him the freedom to do so!  When two individuals are drawn together in such a beautiful place such as Alaska and discover the freedom through understanding the nature of Two Spirits, the result is absolutely beautiful.  This well-written story draws the reader into the full experience of the protagonist (Vince) and the one who gives him permission to be himself (Cagey/Wolf).

Response from the author:

Wow man...don't make my shy😚😚😚

Two great reviews on one day is more than a humble amateur author can handle🙂

But again many many thanks for this review.

Love

Georgie

Link to review
drsawzall

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Once again our intrepid author immerses us into a world few know about. The settings, atmosphere and protagonists are described in rich detail and nuance. 

Not your typical tale, but one of self discovery and the sweetness of finally finding love.

Thoroughly enjoyable, and thought provoking,.

Leading us to the answers if we only ask...'What if?' 

Response from the author:

Wow, thank you very much for this beautiful review. 

Love

Georgie

  • Love 2
Link to review
centexhairysub

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Lovely little story about love delayed; easy to forget that sometimes because of where you are raised or your family situation; that you can bury who you really are.

Love the descriptive writing about the Alaskan wilderness.  Interesting main characters written with charm and wit.

The pacing and flow were a little choppy in places; especially during the part of looking back at Vince's past.

Response from the author:

Hi there,

 

Many thanks for your positive review, your kind comment and the recommendation. 

Maybe things were choppy here and there. The reason for that is, that it is my first long story after coming from the field of short stories with page limits, where things almost as by necessity have to be choppy. Don't see it as an excuse, just as a reason. I hope I have improved since then. 

 

Love

Georgie D'Hainaut

  • Love 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..