Jump to content

Effigy

   (4 reviews)
Genres: General Fiction
Sub-genres: Drama

Michael finds himself in a predicament: someone knows his darkest secret, and hates him for it. But who?

A brief tale on the subject of fear.

This story contains suggestions of fear and depression.
Copyright © 2021 Geron Kees; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (8 members)

  • Action Packed 4
  • Addictive/Pacing 7
  • Characters 8
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 1
  • Compelling 1
  • Feel-Good 1
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 2
  • Unique 5
  • World Building 3

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. The story
    • 14,130 Words
    • 2,257 Views
    • 36 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Headstall

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

Anyone who is different, unless they are fortunate in ways I don't know of, understands fear. For an LGBTQ+ youth, it can be debilitating. This is an intelligent story, leaning toward cerebral (in a great way), and incredibly well written. I don't use this term easily, but this a must-read, in my opinion. It took me back to a time period in my life where I made choices because of such fear. So yeah, this was hard-hitting. You should read it. Cheers!

  • Like 2
  • Love 5
Link to review
wenmale64

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

This is a must read story that brings to light how life can be made better even if the road is scary.  Read on to follow a few days in Michaels life as the very shy and closeted teen finds courage and begins to open the door to the rest of his life....

  • Like 2
  • Love 6
Link to review
raven1

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Michael is unexpectedly faced with his outing in a monstrous way.  His fear and paranoia that follow is an expected result.  How this young man faces it and overcomes the power of fear is unique, and a wonderful story.  I agree with other reviewers that this short story is a must read.

Response from the author:

Thanks to all who commented. :)

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to review
ReaderPaul

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

This is a serious story, and well worth reading.  A teen guy discovers that an effigy of him has been hung in the front yard.  As more and more information becomes available, he also discovers courage he did not know he had.  At the same time he realizes facts about life and courage that he needs to know.  He also discovers the need to form real friendships, instead of mere acquaintances.  

An excellent story.

Response from the author:

Life is serious business. The more we talk about that, the better things have a chance to be!

Thanks for the review. :)

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..