Jump to content

Eye of the Heart

   (4 reviews)
Sub-genres: Drama, General Romance

Luke received a wonderful new gift for his sixteenth birthday, one that changed the way the he saw the world around him. It would lead him along a different road, and a different way of thinking, and ultimately present him with the one thing he was most missing in life.

Copyright © 2018 Geron Kees; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (4 members)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 1
  • Characters 4
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 1
  • Feel-Good 3
  • Humor 3
  • Smoldering 1
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 2
  • World Building 0

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 7,942 Words
    • 5,699 Views
    • 67 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

chris191070

   11 of 11 members found this review helpful 11 / 11 members

A fantastic story based on a picture. Luke is given a camera for his 16th birthday and  we see how it change’s his perspective of the world around him.  We see him taking many pictures with brilliant descriptions about each one. A fantastic read, highly recommend.

  • Like 4
  • Love 2
Link to review
raven1

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Caught by a camera, the eye of the heart can be kept forever.  Luke's birthday present from his grandfather is a gift that Luke will use to capture many moments, but the best picture will be the one that captures Luke's love.  This story is a great read for old and young alike. Some will be reminded of memories and others given hope. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to review
D.K. Daniels

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

We all do weird s**t the first time we are infatuated by someone breathtaking. Geron has expanded on an interesting idea, making it endearing and sweet. You won't be disappointed. Give it a read. :)

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to review
KrisK

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

This was another very pleasing short story from Geron, my seventh so far of his to have the pleasure of enjoying. This was another story based on a picture, the link for which is included at the end of the story.

Luke, the main character of the story, receives a camera as a 16th birthday present from his grandfather. That gift ends up changing Luke's life in many interesting ways. 

Here's an excerpt from the story that I think sums things up very nicely:

Oddly enough, the search for images helped to ease his building loneliness. There were so many things in the world that were beautiful and special, and gave him a wonderful feeling to capture, that the fact that his search for them was mostly solitary did not seem to matter. The camera was a partner of sorts, an extension of his eye of the heart, to use granddad's own analogy, and together they sought out those special moments that needed saving.

This was a happy feel-good story that was a great read for a lazy weekend afternoon. Check it out, you won't be disappointed.

Response from the author:

This story was written on a lazy afternoon, too. A good time for many things, it seems.

Thanks! :)

 

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..