Jump to content

It's Who You Know

   (3 reviews)
Sub-genres: Drama, General Romance

Kevin was seventeen, and unhappy. He was in love with his best friend, but unable to share those emotions with him. And, he lived on pins and needles with his dad, who seemed not to care about anything that went on in his son's life.

Kevin had found some relief in writing - tales of other worlds and other life. But now his best friend was going to prod him into something new; something that would change Kevin's existence altogether.

This story contains accounts of teen sexual activity.
Copyright © 2017 Geron Kees; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (7 members)

  • Action Packed 2
  • Addictive/Pacing 4
  • Characters 7
  • Chills 1
  • Cliffhanger 1
  • Compelling 5
  • Feel-Good 5
  • Humor 4
  • Smoldering 3
  • Tearjerker 1
  • Unique 6
  • World Building 4

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 16,205 Words
    • 5,377 Views
    • 43 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

ReaderPaul

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

This story reminded me of the sometimes non-understanding a teen may have.  At the same time, there was interesting interaction with the main character's father, younger brother, and best friend.  

Kevin feels alienated from nearly everyone close to him, or feels unable to understand and communicate with them.  At first, Kevin's father seems remote and not interested in Kevin's life.  Kevin's younger brother, Bobby, helps Kevin see something quite different.  Kevin's best friend helps nurture the writing talent Kevin has.  And Kevin's dad possibly has the biggest secret of all.

These elements keep changing, with Bobby being the main spark toward understanding initially, as events spiral toward a major surprise and revelation.

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to review
KrisK

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

It seems that each new story of Geron's I read I find something uniquely interesting from the last one I read! This is a short, but very entertaining tale that's easy to read in one sitting. If you begin it, make sure you have time to finish it, because you won't want to pause to pick it up again later!

The main character is a teen named Kevin, who has a classic father/son communication issue, as well as a classic teen chip on his shoulder. Despite that, the characters are all likable and there is no over the top drama in this tale. Though there is a pretty interesting twist that is sure to delight. 

It is a feel good story with a pleasantly happy ending, which seems to be a trademark of Geron's stories. Given the world we are living in today, I don't see anything at all wrong with stories that have happy endings. I, for one, hope Geron will continue writing these kinds of stories. I'm excited to read the next one!

Response from the author:

There are never enough happy endings in this world! Thank you.

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to review
raven1

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Parent and child relationships are never easy and smooth even in the best of families.  Kevin doesn't like how his father acts and responds by not talking to him.  His father responds in kind.  Kevin's life is complicate by his growing love for and sexual experiments with Ronnie, his best friend.  Again, Kevin's silence does not help.  How these problems are resolved is very surprising, and will leave you feeling joyful with life.  Geron has the skill to realistically bring these people to life, and make you feel a part of the story.  I urge you to read this delightful tale.

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..