Jump to content

Nachtmerrie 2. Amsterdam Tales

   (3 reviews)

Coby and David were off to explore their first Halloween together in the city, when they ran into the spirit, Mooi. Mooi needed their help - something dark was afoot in the city - and it might only cost them their lives.
The second in a series of supernatural tales set in Amsterdam, involving myths and legends of that ancient city. A Halloween tale, a little early...

Summer has passed and fall begun, and the creep season is about to begin...
Copyright © 2016 Geron Kees; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (3 members)

  • Action Packed 3
  • Addictive/Pacing 2
  • Characters 3
  • Chills 3
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 3
  • Feel-Good 3
  • Humor 1
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 3
  • World Building 3

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 20,621 Words
    • 2,531 Views
    • 21 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

raven1

· Edited by raven1

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Geron has written many Halloween stories that I have enjoyed.  Nachtmerrie is in my opinion the best of the best.  It is dark, moody and scared the piss out of me. Mooi asks Coby and David a favor.  They gladly volunteer to help their friend, but are soon confronted with Black Mathias an evil, malevolent spirit that still brings fear to their beautiful Amsterdam.  It is the second tale in the Amsterdam Tales, so you might want to read Mooi first.  It's great treat for Halloween, but enjoyable anytime. I highly recommend the story.

Response from the author:

Every city has legends uniquely its own. Black Matthew, or Mattias, is a true legend of Amsterdam. I have given him a life perhaps not his own, and he has obliged me by acting his part well! :)

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to review
KrisK

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Another very entertaining story! I was happy to see both Coby and David back again, and of course, Mooi too. This story had much more of an adventure theme to it than the first story in this series, but that was welcome and nicely done. I enjoyed you partially building your plot for this story around the old axiom, "there is nothing to fear, but fear itself" and having Mooi impress upon Coby the importance of that lesson.

I also liked how you gave Rembrandt and his masterpiece, "The Night Watch" a central role in this story. Both are so intrinsically a part of Amsterdam and her cultural heritage that it really helped bolster the setting of the story. I thought it was masterful how you allowed Coby and David, through Mooi's manipulation, to slip the bonds of time in order to interact with the actual characters portrayed in the painting. 

I'm now as excited as ever to be able to dive into the third story!

Response from the author:

Pleased you are enjoying yourself. The third tale is a bit more unusual than this one. Hope you have fun! :)

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to review
BooRadley

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

This is a greeaat spooky story!!!! If you start at the first one, you have to read all 3 of them. This series make me want to go see Holland myself!!!!

 

  • Like 5
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..