Jump to content

Rules of the Road

   (3 reviews)
Genres: General Fiction
Sub-genres: Drama

It's 1984. Sixteen year-old Brian Temple is getting his first car - a muscle car from the golden era of the sixties - a car as old as himself. A car means freedom, and membership in the car crowd at school. But Brian also has a secret life - one his friends are unaware of - Brian is gay. And now he is about to meet someone who will change his life forever.

div> 
 
Reader's Note: Some chapters of his story contain scenes with the use of marijuana and alcohol by teens, explicit language, and fighting.
 
Copyright © 2016 Geron Kees; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (5 members)

  • Action Packed 4
  • Addictive/Pacing 3
  • Characters 5
  • Chills 2
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 3
  • Feel-Good 2
  • Humor 1
  • Smoldering 3
  • Tearjerker 1
  • Unique 4
  • World Building 3

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 3,025 Words
    • 3,717 Views
    • 12 Comments
  • 2. Chapter 2
    • 6,196 Words
    • 3,709 Views
    • 15 Comments
  • 3. Chapter 3
    • 5,892 Words
    • 3,863 Views
    • 16 Comments
  • 4. Chapter 4
    • 10,081 Words
    • 3,463 Views
    • 14 Comments
  • 5. Chapter 5
    • 3,585 Words
    • 3,832 Views
    • 16 Comments
  • 6. Chapter 6
    • 6,001 Words
    • 3,031 Views
    • 16 Comments
  • 7. Chapter 7
    • 4,175 Words
    • 3,139 Views
    • 15 Comments
  • 8. Chapter 8
    • 4,833 Words
    • 3,128 Views
    • 11 Comments
  • 9. Chapter 9
    • 4,794 Words
    • 3,132 Views
    • 12 Comments
  • 10. Chapter 10
    • 3,160 Words
    • 3,833 Views
    • 28 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Mawgrim

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

This story really took me back to my youth and the way I felt about cars and life in general. Some people have commented it's a little heavy on the car terminology , but for me that was part of the appeal. There is some truly original descriptive writing in this story, especially where it comes to emotions and identification of another kindred soul. This is ultimately a feel-good story and well worth a read even if you aren't a car nut.

Response from the author:

The cars are characters in the story, pretty much. Many readers found the attention on the cars hard to deal with. But that's the way that car culture was in my teen years. You were known by your car, and the two of you were inseparable.

I'm always happy when a reader 'gets' this one, as it was written just for you. :)

Thanks!

 

  • Love 4
Link to review
BooRadley

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

I read this story when it came out. It has a lot of cool car things in it, but its about people, too. If you like cars you will like this story. And I bet you like the people too.

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to review
ljk0616

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

I’ve read this and the follow up several times, I just had to dig it out for a third read. Geton I hope you decide to drag the guys out of cold storage and continue their story sometime soon!

Response from the author:

I always planned for a third story in this series. I got sidetracked to outer space, magickal realms, and points west.

I have it on my list, though. I'll get there!

Thanks! :)

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..