Jump to content

Star Light, Star Bright

   (2 reviews)

A story about love and friendship covering a span of nearly forty years.

Contains brief passages describing sexual activity among teens.
Copyright © 2017-2019 Geron Kees; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (4 members)

  • Action Packed 1
  • Addictive/Pacing 3
  • Characters 4
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 3
  • Feel-Good 3
  • Humor 2
  • Smoldering 1
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 4
  • World Building 2

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Part 1
    • 9,995 Words
    • 3,249 Views
    • 39 Comments
  • 2. Part 2
    • 6,819 Words
    • 3,537 Views
    • 62 Comments
  • 3. Part 3
    • 4,517 Words
    • 3,432 Views
    • 55 Comments
  • 4. Part 4
    • 9,121 Words
    • 3,300 Views
    • 52 Comments
  • 5. Part 5
    • 3,084 Words
    • 3,140 Views
    • 41 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Former Member

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

Yes, nearly forty years in just five parts. This is a great story with fun protagonists and strong, lasting relationships. We skim along revisiting the protagonists in various significant portions of their lives. An express version of a grand historical saga.  ;–)

  • Love 4
Link to review
KrisK

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Awesome story! It looks like Geron has posted 61 stories on this site and this is only the fifth one I've read since joining earlier this week. I wonder how long it will take me to read the 56 stories I have yet to go, because after reading this one I am quite sure I want to read all of the others. 

A couple of things that stand out and made this story interesting to me. First would be the way in which Geron paced the story and moved the characters through time. The story begins with the main characters all being in their early teens. The story finishes with the main protagonist's 50th birthday. That great time span is covered in just five short chapters! At first it was a bit disorienting to be reading along and realize that we had just jumped a few years into the future. But then it occurred to me that it really worked. The next couple of times it happened didn't bother me at all.

The main thing that stood out for me with this story was the ending. I can't tell you how many times I've read what I thought were wonderful stories, all the way up to the end, when the author just can't stick the landing! This story had one of the best endings I've read in a long time. I don't think I'm exaggerating to say that it was profound. I'm not ashamed to say I was smiling and crying at the same time. Any author that can pull that off has earned my respect. 

Can't wait to get into the next story. 

Response from the author:

That's a very nice review, and I thank you! :)

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..