Jump to content

The Christmas Wish

   (6 reviews)
Genres: General Fiction
Sub-genres: Drama

A small wish can lead to big things. For all those that serve our nation, and must be away from us at Christmas.

 

Or not.

Copyright © 2018 Geron Kees; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (4 members)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 0
  • Characters 3
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 4
  • Feel-Good 4
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 4
  • Unique 1
  • World Building 1

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 1,559 Words
    • 5,763 Views
    • 52 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

raven1

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

A small Christmas stocking stuffer kind of story.  The ending will leave you in tears, but they will be of joy, not sorrow.  

  • Love 3
Link to review
KrisK

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

It's amazing to me how Geron was able to pack so much into such a short story, but he did. I had tears in my eyes at the end of the story, and I was not reading it at Christmas time!

There are many comments on this story saying how it is about Christmas magic, childhood innocence/belief, and that's certainly true. But I liked how Geron also included responsibility and integrity to a sense of duty that the father made sure his oldest son understood. There was also a sense of strong bonds of family love demonstrated by every member of the family in their own unique way.  

While this is certainly a feel-good Christmas story, with a very happy ending, it's more than that, too. You only have to peek just a little below the surface, and you'll find it, just as I did. 

Response from the author:

Obviously, it's not just the young that still have the power to believe in good things! :)

 

  • Love 4
Link to review
Mancunian

   6 of 7 members found this review helpful 6 / 7 members

A great short simple story of the power of belief, have a tissue ready.

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to review
wenmale64

   8 of 9 members found this review helpful 8 / 9 members

This an absolutely wonderful bit of Christmas magic.  The story tells itself, but it keeps you glued to the words until the very last one!  Geron has an incredible way of telling stories while wearing his rose colored glasses :heart:.

  • Like 2
  • Love 4
Link to review
Headstall

   7 of 9 members found this review helpful 7 / 9 members

This little story packs a big punch. Pure Christmas magic... you should read this. It reminded me of my little brother... way back when. :) 

  • Like 3
  • Love 5
Link to review
D.K. Daniels

   8 of 9 members found this review helpful 8 / 9 members

A Christmas Wish is a simple, but short heartfelt story about two brothers. One who has lost the spirit of Christmas; while the other who still believes. That is until a Christmas miracle is brought upon the family when the boys' father is called away for the military. If you like cozy and warm tales that are short and have a place on your reading list this Christmas, this is the story :)

  • Like 3
  • Love 5
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..