Jump to content

The Second Time Around 2. Thrift Shop

   (6 reviews)

Steve and Chris, who met and became close in Thrift Shop Nation, return in another tale.

 

Working at the thrift shop has proved to be both interesting and rewarding for the boys. The summer is nearing its end, but both want the job to go on. They have been discovering that the thrift shop is more than just a job, and that Debbi is more than just a boss.

 

And that life among the world of 'previously owned' items is a long way from being dull...

This story contains brief scenes describing teen sexual encounters.
Copyright © 2017 Geron Kees; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (5 members)

  • Action Packed 1
  • Addictive/Pacing 2
  • Characters 5
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 2
  • Feel-Good 4
  • Humor 4
  • Smoldering 2
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 3
  • World Building 2

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

ReaderPaul

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Lots of life lessons are pointed out in this story.  Some are pointed out gently, and some a bit more bluntly.  People must take priority over "things," even if the "things" are quite valuable in monetary terms.

I have only one minor problem with this story.  The problem?  As of December 2023, this wonderful story does not yet have a sequel.  Well worth reading in spite of that minor flaw.

Response from the author:

Fortunately, the small flaw with this tale can be rectified. I'll have to see what I can do about that!

Thanks for the reminder. :)

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to review
raven1

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

This is my third time around for The Second Time Around. I have a laugh fest each time I read this story.  Sexy, smoldering romance between Chris and Dave, and Debbie a wise and witty boss combine with endearing friends and quirky customers in a dive into the world of memorabilia and collectables.  I recommend you brighten your day with this amazing sequel to Thrift Shop Nation!

Response from the author:

You are sure makin' me feel good, my friend! :)

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 5
Link to review
KrisK

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

This story is a very nice continuation of Geron's story, "Thrift Shop Nation", a story that I enjoyed very much. The main characters from the previous tale remain the same, with a few new faces thrown in to go with the drama that ensues in this next chapter of the story. 

Due to an interesting set of circumstances, Debbie takes Steve and Chris to NYC to observe an auction that Debbie is facilitating for a client. She is interested in expanding the boys' knowledge of the business, as well as expanding their experience of the wider world outside of rural Ohio. 

I was pleased to see that this story did not seem to have a final ending, perhaps leaving the door open for more chapters at some point in the future.

If you enjoyed, "Thrift Shop Nation" you will certainly enjoy this story, too. I did.

Response from the author:

I did leave this series open for a next installment. I guess that means there should be one! :)

Thank you!

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to review
BooRadley

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

I really liked this one. I have read all Gerons stories and this one and Thrift Shop are really special. Take an afternoon and read both!!!!!

  • Like 3
  • Love 3
Link to review
William King

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

The second book in the series and sequel to Thrift Shop Nation is a wonderfully crafted tale that transports the reader from rural America to New York City. Our two main characters Steve and Chris share their burgeoning relationship, some new found friends and the adventure afforded by their Summer jobs in the Thrift Shop Nation. The shop and their work, not withstanding their terrific boss Debbie, along with the other people they encounter, takes them and us on a voyage of discovery into the world of things

 

Now some things are just better the second time around, and whilst almost everything will find a new home, certain of these objects are collectables. Hence, the trip to the big city and an auction house, that all comes about through a visit to a rather well off older lady.

 

That is where things begin, but throughout this story there are a whole host of lessons in life that may me drawn, and the author does not fail to draw our attention to these through both the characters and the environments.

 

It is so full of realistic dialogue and sprinkled with such wonderful descriptions that you could no doubt read it twice over and still not take it all in. And like Dumbo, out by the flagstone steps, when I reached the end, I just had to smile and agree with it all. 
 

  • Like 5
Link to review
wenmale64

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

This is a wonderful story of continuing growth in a relationship.  It also touches on things that can happen later in life if a spouse takes the other for granted. This is a well writen and paced story that allows the reader to feel and enjoy the lives of the main characters.  Great work Geron and I look forward to more.

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..