Jump to content

The Stolen Dream

   (3 reviews)

Friggy and Jewl were street kids in a world that had been changed by momentous events. They survived by simply taking what they could get, working if work presented itself, and choosing other means if needed. If that sometimes meant a little basic thievery, well, that was a part of the world they lived in. It was a big city, and small crimes were tough to solve.

Until one day when they picked up something unexpected, something unique. And in so doing, set off a pursuit that would ultimately redefine their very existence.

A long short story, presented complete.

Copyright © 2020 Geron Kees; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (14 members)

  • Action Packed 12
  • Addictive/Pacing 9
  • Characters 14
  • Chills 2
  • Cliffhanger 4
  • Compelling 2
  • Feel-Good 2
  • Humor 1
  • Smoldering 2
  • Tearjerker 2
  • Unique 8
  • World Building 11

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. The Story
    • 17,523 Words
    • 2,478 Views
    • 27 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

SnowBear

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

I loved this short little story, it was a rush from start to finish with lots of sweet tender moments scattered throughout. I love friggy and jewl, i know you don't normally dip into this genre but i have to say you knocked it outta the park. I would love to see more of them but you tied up all the loose ends nicely without leaving the readers pulling their hair out and grasping at straws wondering what happens next. A thrilling yet heart warming fantasy tale chalk full of warm fuzzies. 

Response from the author:

Thank you for the kind review. I actually meant for there to be a follow-up to this!

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to review
vonfoto

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

A delightful and imaginative story: a grim dystopia, street urchins, and a great adventure.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to review
ReaderPaul

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

This is such a good story that it could use a sequel.  However, such a sequel would be quite challenging to write.

This story is both simple and complex as it explores adventure, friendship, love, loyalty, and problem solving -- most of those elements working together at the same time.  Another theme might be necessity versus sheer greed.

Well worth reading, with one warning -- do not read unless you have at least a little imagination.  It's that good.

Response from the author:

This story was originally intended to be one of two. The rest of the idea is still floating around inside my head, somewhere. Getting it out may still be possible...

Thanks for the push!

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..