Jump to content

The Thief of Small Things

   (8 reviews)

David Henderson's parents were splitting up, and David was off to stay for a few weeks with his favorite grandfather in the city while his mom and dad sorted out a few things. David was not happy with this abrupt change in his life, but had decided there was nothing to do but go with it. He loved visiting his grandfather, and figured he would at least spend the two-week visit having some fun.

But soon a small mystery cropped up, followed by a meeting with someone new and special. And in almost no time, David's world was to change forever.

Copyright © 2020 Geron Kees; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (31 members)

  • Action Packed 4
  • Addictive/Pacing 23
  • Characters 31
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 9
  • Compelling 3
  • Feel-Good 4
  • Humor 3
  • Smoldering 6
  • Tearjerker 11
  • Unique 19
  • World Building 8

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 3,981 Words
    • 4,909 Views
    • 47 Comments
  • 2. Chapter 2
    • 2,477 Words
    • 3,511 Views
    • 45 Comments
  • 3. Chapter 3
    • 6,973 Words
    • 4,149 Views
    • 39 Comments
  • 4. Chapter 4
    • 4,492 Words
    • 3,710 Views
    • 47 Comments
  • 5. Chapter 5
    • 3,775 Words
    • 3,578 Views
    • 36 Comments
  • 6. Chapter 6
    • 3,436 Words
    • 2,724 Views
    • 30 Comments
  • 7. Chapter 7
    • 4,103 Words
    • 2,772 Views
    • 33 Comments
  • 8. Chapter 8
    • 4,918 Words
    • 2,929 Views
    • 43 Comments
  • 9. Chapter 9
    • 4,010 Words
    • 3,635 Views
    • 36 Comments
  • 10. Chapter 10
    • 2,502 Words
    • 4,537 Views
    • 71 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

SHDWriter

   9 of 9 members found this review helpful 9 / 9 members

This is such an adorable story that I just want to hug it.  There's mystery, emotion, and a very sweet romance, but there's also a delightful sense of discovery as David explores the city with his kindly grandfather.  Above all, there is the building, a wonderful and mysterious place with new sights to capture the imagination around every corner.  Geron is in full command of his storytelling powers here, with richly-detailed descriptions, appealing characters, and maybe a nod and a wink to E.L. Konigsburg along the way.  My only regret was when it was over.  A very rewarding read.  

  • Like 1
  • Love 7
Link to review
wenmale64

   9 of 9 members found this review helpful 9 / 9 members

This is wonderful story of discovery, love and a bit of mystery. The way Geron builds characters and presents detail of both characters and places add a real life feeling to his story. If you would like a very warming story on a cold night, this will definitely warm you up. It will also give you a small look into the feeling of a large city with some amazing things to visit and admire. If I were able I would give it more than 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟.

  • Like 2
  • Love 7
Link to review
Headstall

   8 of 8 members found this review helpful 8 / 8 members

I most heartily recommend this sweet and engaging story. Geron is a superb writer who has crafted another gem. Cheers!

  • Like 2
  • Love 6
Link to review
chris191070

   7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

This is a fantastic story from Geron that is a romance.

The tale starts in the beautiful Boltfort building with David and his Grandfather. What follows is a wonderful story of discovery, love and a little bit of mystery. We get a glimpse of New York and places to visit in this fantastic tale.

Geron has crafted another gem of a story that I highly recommend.

  • Like 1
  • Love 7
Link to review
Jkeeletupelo

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

A wonderful story. Thank you for sharing it with us!

  • Like 3
  • Love 4
Link to review
Former Member

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

Unusually for Geron, this is a romance, not a fantasy story.
;–)

While the human characters are well-drawn and unique, the Boltfort building is an engaging and fascinating character in itself. The loving and detailed descriptions of New York City almost make me hate the city less.
;–)

We get to know David and his grandfather as we figure out a non-mystery puzzle.

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to review
Mancunian

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

A wonderfully unique romantic story with elements of mystery and suspense. Would I recommend it? A definite yes. Would I read it again? Another definite yes. All I will say to others readers read it and keep an open mind and you will enjoy and love it as much as I and other reviewers have.

  • Like 2
  • Love 6
Link to review
raven1

· Edited by raven1

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

The Thief Of Small Things does steal some very small things, until he steals something very big.  This is a wonderful romance with a small mystery thrown in for good measure.  It is a wonderful story that is filled with love.  You'll adore the characters and want more.  What you definitely will get is a sweet ending.

Response from the author:

Thank you! :)

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..