Jump to content

Thrift Shop Nation 1. Thrift Shop

   (5 reviews)

Steve Henson was looking for a summer job. Small town life didn't provide much in the way of employment for idle teenagers, so when his mom located him a possible spot at a new business opening in town, Steve jumped at the chance to check it out.

And found the answer to all of his dreams in the process...

Copyright © 2016 Geron Kees; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (6 members)

  • Action Packed 2
  • Addictive/Pacing 1
  • Characters 6
  • Chills 1
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 4
  • Feel-Good 4
  • Humor 3
  • Smoldering 2
  • Tearjerker 2
  • Unique 3
  • World Building 1

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 29,101 Words
    • 6,705 Views
    • 49 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

ObicanDecko

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

I cannot emphasize enough how much I love this story! I like the slow pacing of it, the vivid description of two boys spending their summer together and developing a relationship. The parts that deal with the thrift shop and its owner are also interesting, but of course, the love story between the two boys is what makes it so great! Wonderful and heartwarming!

  • Like 5
  • Love 1
Link to review
KrisK

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

This story was recommended to me by Raven1 and he did not steer me wrong. I think it's safe to say that I'm addicted to Geron's stories now! 

I enjoyed everything about this delightful story. The setting was so well crafted that it was easy to place myself in the midst of the action. The character development was also very good, so much so that I found myself longing for another chapter. Thankfully, I just received a message from Raven1 letting me know that there is a sequel, "The Second Time Around" so I'm headed there right now!

Response from the author:

😀

  • Love 4
Link to review
raven1

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Steve's mother has found him a summer job.  Surprisingly, he loves the job and Debbie the quirky owner of Thrift Shop Nation.  However, there is an even bigger surprise in store for Steve, something he wants desperately. Something out of his dreams.  This is a delightful story of first love and second chances.  Full of humor and smoldering emotions, it is a very great read.  Though short, there is another great sequel to this story when you finish this one.  I give it my highest recommendation.

Response from the author:

Thanks for the kind words! :)

 

  • Love 4
Link to review
ReaderPaul

· Edited by ReaderPaul

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

This story puts an unusual spin on a summer job.  Steve goes for a job interview at his mother's suggestion, and ends up getting the job, enjoyment, and a potential boyfriend.  There are, of course, some twists and turns along the way.

Not all is smooth sailing.  But sometimes life is not smooth sledding either.  Sometimes life seems like one slippery slope after another but often things work out as well as some of the things in this story.

Believable, sometimes blunt, but not boring, one of our favorite word slingers has another well-written worthy story for us.

Response from the author:

Thank you for the nice review. :)

 

 

  • Love 4
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..