Jump to content

Z is For Zombie

   (9 reviews)

The world had ended in the middle of the night. For Richie Kincannon and a small group of young survivors, it was the beginning of a struggle for life, against an unknown force that had altered their world, seemingly forever. Now, two years after the Changes, the group must once again fight for their right to life, against an enemy of incredible ability - one they didn't understand, but knew once had been human...

Copyright © 2018 Geron Kees; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (10 members)

  • Action Packed 9
  • Addictive/Pacing 10
  • Characters 10
  • Chills 2
  • Cliffhanger 5
  • Compelling 2
  • Feel-Good 2
  • Humor 2
  • Smoldering 2
  • Tearjerker 1
  • Unique 8
  • World Building 8

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 7,582 Words
    • 7,009 Views
    • 78 Comments
  • 2. Chapter 2
    • 3,327 Words
    • 3,571 Views
    • 50 Comments
  • 3. Chapter 3
    • 6,525 Words
    • 3,602 Views
    • 70 Comments
  • 4. Chapter 4
    • 2,377 Words
    • 3,899 Views
    • 84 Comments
  • 5. Chapter 5
    • 3,965 Words
    • 4,023 Views
    • 63 Comments
  • 6. Chapter 6
    • 4,419 Words
    • 3,729 Views
    • 51 Comments
  • 7. Chapter 7
    • 7,464 Words
    • 4,132 Views
    • 76 Comments
  • 8. Chapter 8
    • 3,480 Words
    • 4,454 Views
    • 97 Comments
  • 9. Chapter 9
    • 4,060 Words
    • 3,470 Views
    • 61 Comments
  • 10. Chapter 10
    • 5,405 Words
    • 3,499 Views
    • 44 Comments
  • 11. Chapter 11
    • 4,546 Words
    • 3,381 Views
    • 50 Comments
  • 12. Chapter 12
    • 3,177 Words
    • 3,073 Views
    • 53 Comments
  • 13. Chapter 13
    • 3,495 Words
    • 3,026 Views
    • 49 Comments
  • 14. Chapter 14
    • 4,543 Words
    • 3,823 Views
    • 76 Comments
  • 15. Chapter 15
    • 10,388 Words
    • 4,471 Views
    • 67 Comments
  • 16. Chapter 16
    • 9,707 Words
    • 6,190 Views
    • 111 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

raven1

· Edited by raven1

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

When is a zombie not a zombie?  It's when Geron Kees gets his hands on it and twists it into something very unique and new.  Jeremy and Richie are teenagers leading a group of youths facing an survival in a world that seems both dead and deadly.  It is a tale of love, hope, family and survival.  You will love the characters that bring adventure, fear, laughter and suspense to life in this story.  All the genres listed above hold very true.  I'm not a fan of zombie stories, but this story goes way beyond the stereotype to create a very unique and interesting monster.  It is one of my favorite books.  Read it and be amazed!

Response from the author:

Thank you for the wonderful review! :)

 

  • Love 4
Link to review
KrisK

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

I just finished reading "Z is for Zombie" and am still reeling, and a bit in awe of the journey that was this story. There are 16 chapters to this story and the end of each one will leave you anxious to get immediately into the next one. 

This is a post apocalyptic story that features zombies, and one zombie in particular has the main antagonist role throughout most of the story. However, the story is about much, much more than just the zombie, or the end of the world, for that matter. The story is set around a group of 8 kids and one non-communicative adult who try to make sense of, and survive in a world after 'The Changes.' In addition to the obvious challenge of survival in a now hostile world, the kids have to figure out how to relate to one another and build a life together in such a way that will give them security, but also love and happiness, too. The story is all about their journey toward that great end.

Geron did an amazing job creating a world that, despite its hazards and hardships, I wouldn't mind visiting and even spending some time exploring. I loved this story, and if you give it a chance, you will too. 

Response from the author:

Thank you. :)

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to review
ReaderPaul

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

The story, "Z is for Zombie," is another excellent one from Geron which I can heartily recommend.  There were twists, turns, terminology, and more.  I read both versions, the original and the revised, and both are very good.

Geron's respect for life comes through well, as does respect for personal space.  Every character has importance, even as some are featured more than others.  

Only one writer besides Geron has had zombies of any type that I like to read about.  However, I like Geron's the best.

@Geron Kees, when will you write a short sequel, "W is for Wake-Up," (and you are welcome to use that title IF you wish) about some of the parents and family of the group waking up to a very changed world?  How will they react to their kids being about 3 or maybe 4 years older by the time their section of the world is ready to wake up?

  • Like 2
  • Love 4
Link to review
Headstall

   8 of 8 members found this review helpful 8 / 8 members

This is an outstanding read, one of the best on GA, and I don't say that lightly. It is so much more than a zombie story and I think any reader would agree. Highly recommended! Cheers... Gary....

  • Like 3
  • Love 4
Link to review
D.K. Daniels

   8 of 8 members found this review helpful 8 / 8 members

Geron is a talented writer with the knack to throw an abundance of plot-twists and perfectly elaborate prose your way over a journey. Z Is For Zombie revolves around a group of teenagers, fighting to stay alive, living with the choices they have to make and the repercussions, accompanied by emotional baggage that comes with complicated decisions. At times the story is a thriller, in others, it reflects what it is like to be part of a community, while at another glance it showcases what humanity means us. The world of Z Is For Zombie is rich with detail, wealthy in backstory, and holds compelling, yet, loveable characters. If you have a couple of hours to spare, check this wonderful story out. Just maybe, you'll finish it in less time than I did lol :)

  • Like 7
  • Love 1
Link to review
BooRadley

   7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

Awesome end of the world story with a super surprise at the end. You got to be there to see it!!!!

  • Like 7
Link to review
Mikiesboy

   12 of 12 members found this review helpful 12 / 12 members

Geron is a thoughtful and talented author. Z is for Zombie is a beautifully written story which is really about love and compassion at its roots.

 

The Changes have left these young people on their own. They become a family, they have learned their survival lessons well. Then one afternoon things change.

 

This not your typical zombie story. Do not let the title fool you. Do not miss reading this outstanding story.

 

 

  • Like 5
  • Love 8
Link to review
chris191070

   11 of 11 members found this review helpful 11 / 11 members

A fantastic tale from Geron. It follows a group of young adults (under 18s) and how they survived The Changes. It follows a brief period in there lives of two years, and how they become family rather than a group of people.

Highly reccommend this story.

  • Like 3
  • Love 7
Link to review
Brayon

   10 of 10 members found this review helpful 10 / 10 members

It may say "Z is For Zombie," in the title, but don't let that fool you into thinking this is just another Walking Dead clone. It's not. Geron creates a world that feels alive in the post-apocalyptic sense of what happened during the Changes. It follows a brief period in the lives of a group of survivors who after two years, are more family than just a collection of people. And they are all under the age of 18.

 

Five stars for this terrific tale.

  • Like 5
  • Love 7
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..