Jump to content

Trophy Cub 1. Werebears in America

   (10 reviews)
Trophy Cub

Mike went to the bar on Bear Night hoping to find Mr. Right.  Instead, he was kidnapped and held captive as a sex slave by a pack of horny wolf lycans.   If Mike's Mr. Right really is out there somewhere, what kind of man can take on a pack of wolves to rightfully claim his Trophy Cub?

Please note that this story contains scenes of non-consensual gay sex and occasional violence.  Reader discretion is advised.
Copyright © 2021 Grumpy Bear; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (25 members)

  • Action Packed 24
  • Addictive/Pacing 23
  • Characters 24
  • Chills 3
  • Cliffhanger 12
  • Compelling 9
  • Feel-Good 6
  • Humor 9
  • Smoldering 16
  • Tearjerker 10
  • Unique 18
  • World Building 17

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Blue Fan Lady

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

I had difficulty putting this story down. Fast paced, full of highs and lows...  It's very difficult to give this entertaining, gripping story a proper review without revealing key points that has left me looking for the next installment. Highly recommended with eyes drops if like me you keep reading until you fall asleep! 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to review
Matthew Ross

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Not my usual readings for shifters, but damn did it have everything I love, action, romance, sexy men, and comedy! Definitely saving this one for a reread in the future!

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to review
raven1

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Grumpy Bear has created a very unique shifter story for Trophy Cub. Mike is a human that has been kidnapped by wolf lycans who are perverted fundamentalists.  Gunnar is a werebear still morning for his dead love Nils.  The first chapters are extremely difficult to read and have appropriate warnings.  However, they form a solid base of information on which the beautiful and enchanting story of love and adventure is based.  A great cast of characters will grab your heart as the story tells their tale of adventure, intrigue, and smoldering moments. There is some great comic relief to salve your soul thrown in, as well tense confrontations to set your heart beating.  This is a very unique universe that you will enter.  A great read for those looking for a different POV to the world of lycans.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to review
Straycat

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Wow! Such a fun and adventurous story and top notch writing! The chapters flowed well into the next with plenty of scene changes to allow breaks for unfortunate reality. I loved the premise of Werebear protectors and the dragwolfs singing our anthem, classic!  I can’t wait to start the next book!

  • Haha 3
Link to review
Jkeeletupelo

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Ok, so I've been a fan of shifter stories for a pretty long while now, and this among the best I've read. I read a LOT of stories here and on other sites, and I have to say that you're a fantastic story teller, and I appreciate the attention to detail and the way the story wove itself together from two different points if view to a singular focus. Thank you for sharing it with us, and I can't wait for the next book!!

  • Like 3
Link to review
Aluino Tsalani

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

A story of those with ache in their hearts, a scarred looks, and eventually souls reformed. All of Us agreed It was not an easy journey, but it is a well enclosed letter for those who wanted to warm their hearts.

One said. the words and sentences formed wonderfully, strings of despair and hope intertwined in balance, weaving into a great tale filled with emotion and deeps regards to the endeavoring passionate character.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to review
belisima

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

This was a wonderful story.  Great pacing and fully developed characters kept me reading well past my bedtime. I was very interested in how the Were bears came to be and how they interacted with other were creatures.   The parallels between the fundies in the story and those in our world today were a little too close for comfort and that added to the tension Grumpy Bear skillfully created during the conflict part of the story.  I highly recommend this story. 

  • Like 4
Link to review
centexhairysub

   7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

 A wonderful Were story with a slightly different perspective.  Lots of love and humor; but also plenty of action and adventure.  

Truly well written, and the pacing and flow were superb.  The secondary characters were truly a delight and added so much to the story.

Highly recommend...

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to review
chris191070

· Edited by chris191070

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

We follow Mike who goes to a Bear night, looking for his Mr Right.

This story isn't for the faint hearted, we start off with some horrific things that Mike has to endure as a sex slave to some horny wolf lycans.

But one day his trail to happiness starts when he meets Gunnar.

This isn't your usual lycan story as are introduced to were-bears and Kindred Humans.

This is well written story and the first Book in a new series about Werebears in America.

 

  • Like 4
  • Love 2
Link to review
astone2292

   9 of 9 members found this review helpful 9 / 9 members

An interesting were-creature story, but not for the faint of heart. The story is built with strong bones, figuratively and literally. Horrific scenes start this adventure, but the trail to happiness brightens with every step of the way. 

In terms of the perspective of the were-creature genre, the author does his work to set his universe apart from others. Placing a stress of importance on kindred humans is both refreshing and welcome. 

The story is very well written and edited, minus the occasional typo every few chapters. For those readers that love to cling to a sliver of hope, this is a story to add to your reading list. 

  • Like 5
  • Love 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..