Jump to content

Judgement Day

   (5 reviews)
Sub-genres: Drama, General Romance

Colin is certain of his faith above all else, but when he finds it questioned, he is forced to make a decision that costs him dearly. Losing Daniel, a young man raised on the streets, has him reevaluating his relationship with his church, and with himself. 

Billions of people around the world make religion a central part of their day to day life, and faith is one of the most powerful forces the world has ever seen, driving mankind to become their best selves, or, in some cases, their worst. Whether we are believers or not, love is another powerful force we all can understand.
Copyright © 2019 Headstall; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (8 members)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 1
  • Characters 8
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 2
  • Feel-Good 2
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 2
  • Unique 5
  • World Building 2

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

raven1

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Headstall could have named this Daniel in the Lion's Den, or the Daniel is the Lion in the Den.  It is a story of love between Colin a man of the cloth and Daniel, one of his parishioners. A sermon gone wrong, gets it right. Great read that leaves you happy and hopeful! 

Response from the author:

Daniel is the star in this story about the unjust judgements gay people have to face. It is often a fact the church loses its way, and with the power it wields, it can steamroll over people... and love. This is a story about fighting back. Happy you liked it and recommend it to others. Cheers! 

  • Love 2
Link to review
Jack Renny

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Everyone can be brave given the right circumstances. Sometimes our loved ones just need a timely nudge in the right direction. Young Daniel has courage enough to stand up to and for his love, and the strength to push Colin towards his destiny. Even in the face of darker forces, such as Hilda and her cronies, love can win. If, like me, you loathe political correctness and religious hypocrisy but love lovers, then this is a story for you. It will warm your heart. I wholeheartedly commend it to you. Regards, Jack.

Response from the author:

Hey, Jack! Thank you for your wonderful recommendation. We agree that love is worth fighting for, and as well that hypocrisy should be called out for what it is. Tackling religion can be tricky, but I thoroughly enjoyed writing this one. Daniel's courage was the driving force for me. Again, your review is much appreciated and will hopefully bring new readers to Judgement Day. Cheers... Gary.... :hug: 

  • Love 4
Link to review
chris191070

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

This is a wonderful story that is beautifully written and thought provoking. It features an amazing written sermon. I would recommend this story to everyone who is after a great read.

Response from the author:

Thank you, Chris, for the great review, and for recommending this story to others. Cheers!

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to review
pvtguy

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

This is a wonderful story which challenges faith and organized religion.  It is both entertaining and thought provoking, a story which appeals to our intellect as well as our emotion.

Response from the author:

Thank you for the very kind review, pvtguy. I'm pleased you found this story intellectually and emotionally satisfying. Cheers!

  • Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Sad 1
Link to review
Albert1434

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

I just love this story. So filled with Gary magic I would recommend this story to anyone :yes:

Response from the author:

Thank you for recommending this story, Albert. I truly appreciate the support, and hope others will give it a chance. :) 

  • Like 2
  • Love 4
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..