Jump to content

Song and Dance

   (7 reviews)
Sub-genres: Drama, General Romance

This is a story about Chet Little, first introduced in Cards on the Table... a popular character, he deserves his own story. This is a companion piece to Cards on the Table, but the story stands alone. Reading COTT first would be helpful, but is not necessary. It begins after chapter 16 of Cards on the Table. Many readers expressed an interest in Chet having his own voice, so here it is. I hope it pleases you.

Chet has been unlucky in the Song and Dance of love... he is one of the good guys.
Copyright © 2015 Headstall; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (7 members)

  • Action Packed 3
  • Addictive/Pacing 6
  • Characters 7
  • Chills 3
  • Cliffhanger 2
  • Compelling 5
  • Feel-Good 6
  • Humor 5
  • Smoldering 6
  • Tearjerker 3
  • Unique 5
  • World Building 2

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Albert1434

  

Just a perfect love story! Powerfully written with just perfect dialogue. Filled with Gary magic which colors this wonder story. Will Chet who has been look for someone to love will he find him we shall see! I have loved this story and so will you!

Give it read and see if I am right!:2thumbs:

Response from the author:

Thanks so much, Albert! I truly appreciate this kind review and enthusiastic recommendation. This story is one of my earlier writings and I look back on it with fondness. Chet and Arron are special characters for me. Cheers! :hug: 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to review
raven1

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

If you are in the mood for romance and HEA ending, this is a perfect choice.  It all starts with a hunk of a cop, pulling over a guy after an illegal U-turn.  Sudden revealing information leads to a planning session for revenge.  Somehow the planning session gets delayed as two severely distracted minds create humous miscommunications.  There are a few angsty moments, but they are needed to balance the overwhelm attraction of two beautiful men searching for a true soulmate they can love forever.

Response from the author:

Thanks for reading and recommending this story to others, raven. This is a story about love, first and foremost, and that is always worth writing about... and reading about. Your praise for the story is kind, and I hope it serves to encourage readers to dive in. Cheers! 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to review
Caz Pedroso

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

I loved this short detour from the ongoing Cards on the Table story. Chet is a sweet character and very easy to fall in love with. When you then get introduced to Arron and you see how perfect they are for each other you fall in love quickly with him too.

They are both relationship shy, but they slowly overcome their fears to find their happily-ever-after.

Reading about them dancing around each other and then working together to call their friends bluff on a date set-up is fun and full of laughs.

A well-written highly recommended read

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to review
Potterslashfan

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

This is a beautiful little love story. It's pure Headstall through and through, which means instantly lovable characters, steamy, yet romantic love scenes, and of course Happily Ever After. Excellent writing, believable dialogue, and a good time by all. 

 

Bring your toothbrush and floss, there's a lot of sweets to digest here. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 4
  • Haha 1
Link to review
Timothy M.

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

On Valentine's Day how better to warm your heart than by reading the tale of two men who have been sorely disappointed in love, but yet hope to meet their soul mate. Someone who will be loyal and supportive, another man who is ready to commit himself fully, and who wants you the way you are and not for show or material benefits.

If this is your first Headstall story, be 'warned' that he is unfailingly romantic, and believes in the good of men whether in adversity or in luck. He also has a marked preference for hunky handsome guys with expressive eyes and :X  :P  Well, don't we all ? Oh and of course, you should read the first 16 chapters of Cards on the Table before starting this story, but even if you don't you'll enjoy the song and dance performed here.  :wub: 

I hope you'll also appreciate the well-chosen chapter titles and chapter notes. This is another area where Gary excels. :yes: 

  • Like 1
  • Love 5
Link to review
Rolando

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

I’ve read everything. From the fifty chapters to the ten . The one I go back to before bed is the two cowboys. Nothing extra, pure discovery, perfect ending, thanks !

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to review
LitLover

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

This is a story about two men learning to trust hearts that have gotten them hurt in the past, and taking a leap of faith. As the title says, life is a song and dance… it’s a matter of finding the right partner.  Chet hasn’t had much luck with relationships, and is extremely lonely. Kendall (who we adore in Cards on the Table), who’s been lovingly dubbed ‘Saint Kendall’ by many, doesn’t like the fact that his friend is alone, and wants to help him meet someone. Kendall and Michael conspire to have Chet meet Michael’s co-worker Arron, a police officer, who is just as lonely as Chet, and has had his own misfortunes in love.

 

It was fun watching Chet and Arron meet on their own and realize their friends are trying to set them up on a blind date.  I also enjoyed the journey they took as they learn about love, commitment, trust… and plotting revenge on interfering friends.  Sigh.. writing this review is making me want to read Song and Dance again. :) 

  • Like 3
  • Love 4
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..