Jump to content

The Watcher: Book Three... Farewells

   (3 reviews)
Sub-genres: Drama, General Romance

This is a third peek into the lives of Maurice and David. They have found each other later in their lives, and are learning to navigate something unexpected. A newfound love. This story stands alone, but will resonate better if you have read the first two installments. 

It's never easy to let go. Even when it's the right thing to do.
Copyright © 2017 Headstall; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (3 members)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 0
  • Characters 3
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 2
  • Feel-Good 2
  • Humor 1
  • Smoldering 2
  • Tearjerker 1
  • Unique 2
  • World Building 0

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Yoga
    • 2,428 Words
    • 4,170 Views
    • 48 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Dan South

  

We are social creatures, built to make connections, best when we love another more than ourselves. This series, The Watcher, explores the physical loss of a loved one and the psychological aftermath. 

Carefully and considerately Headstall writes my greatest fear: being the partner left behind. 

Whether you are 18 or 80, mated or alone, you need to read this, these short stories of love lost and found. 

Why? They fill my heart with hope and I know they’ll do the same for you. Tales like these help me stay in love with love.

Response from the author:

This series is one I return to time and time again. It is for the exact reason you specify. Hope. Thank you, Dan, for reading and for leaving such an eloquent review of the series. I expect new readers will find warmth in these three short stories. Cheers!

  • Love 1
Link to review
raven1

· Edited by raven1

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

I am a member that has been long inactive, but suddenly rediscovered GA.  During my recent exploration of GA I stumbled upon Headstall's author page and read several descriptions of books I might want to read.  I selected The Watcher to start reading because it was short, and I wanted to see if I like his writing.  I loved the story, because it was sweet and hopeful.  Headstall crafts his story very well.  I continued with The Watcher: Book 2 and Book 3.  I fell in love with the characters and was inspired by their transition from lonely gay widowers to a loving relationship living an active life again.  The story focuses on gays in their senior years which is not common, but is valuable to LBGTQ people of any age.  We all need to understand that we can live gracefully, happily and even sexually our entire lives. I wish that I had this story to read many times in my life when I faced transitions.  I hope others will take the time to read this great story.

Response from the author:

Thanks for such a wonderful review, raven1. I love these characters, and have more installments for the series in my head. God willing, we will see them again. I hope others read this and give the stories a chance. Love is beautiful at any age. Cheers!

  • Love 2
Link to review
Caz Pedroso

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

A sweet third installment to the Watcher series.

 

Saying goodbye to the past doesn't mean you have to forget it, it just means you are making a new future. 

 

This has a few laughs in it (cramps at the wrong time ;) ) and has a real feel good feeling to it.

 

 

  • Love 3
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..