Jump to content

The Watcher: Part Two... Beginnings

   (4 reviews)
Genres: Romance
Sub-genres: General Romance

We met Maurice and David in The Watcher. This story stands alone, but it might be more enjoyable if you read The Watcher first. These are two men of a seasoned vintage, and both, separately, have suffered great loss.  This is a quick peek into their lives a month after a fateful meeting in the park.

Life and love aren't only for the young, and I intend to check in on these guys from time to time. 
Copyright © 2017 Headstall; All Rights Reserved.
  • Signature Author
  • 06/03/2017 (Updated: 08/26/2017)
  • 1 Chapters
  • 2,077 Words
  • 9,283 Views
  • 67 Comments
  • Teen
  • Complete

Story Recommendations (5 members)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 2
  • Characters 5
  • Chills 1
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 4
  • Feel-Good 4
  • Humor 2
  • Smoldering 2
  • Tearjerker 2
  • Unique 4
  • World Building 0

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

raven1

  

I met Maurice and David in Watcher and fell in love with them. The love of David and Maurice is energizing.  Now as they begin their new life together they seek a way to blend their past and make room for their future.  This is a masterfully written sequel to Watcher.

Response from the author:

Thank you so much, Terry. I love this second installment, so I appreciate your kind review. Any new readers checking this out, please remember there is a third installment to this series. Again I thank you for this, my friend. Hopefully it will stir some new interest in "The Watcher" series. Cheers! :hug:  

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to review
Doha

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Watcher Part 2 Beginnings is a wonderful glimpse into the lives of 2 older men who have found each other through loss. 

It is a story of hope and of love. I felt a warmth in the interactions and the understanding that the 2 men have for each other, their separate pasts and their joint future. 

A lovely read.

Response from the author:

Thank you so much, Doha. I should note for other readers this is Book Two of a three book series. They are short stories, but their journey is an important one for those who might be looking for hope on a dark day. Appreciate the kind words and recommendation, my friend. Cheers!

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to review
Dan South

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

We are social creatures, built to make connections, best when we love another more than ourselves. This series, The Watcher, explores the physical loss of a loved one and the psychological aftermath. 

Carefully and considerately Headstall writes my greatest fear: being the partner left behind. 

Whether you are 18 or 80, mated or alone, you need to read this, these short stories of love lost and found. 

Why? They fill my heart with hope and I know they’ll do the same for you. Tales like these help me stay in love with love.

Response from the author:

Yes, we are best when we love... when we forge that special connection with another human being. Thank you so much for your support of this series, Dan. Cheers! 

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to review
Caz Pedroso

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

This tale s a perfect blend of past and present. The memories the MCs share of their lost loves, and how those memories and experiences make them the men they are now. 

 

Another well written great short from a great author :hug: 

  • Love 3
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..