Jump to content

The Watcher

   (5 reviews)
Genres: Romance
Sub-genres: General Romance

Maurice has been watching the world go by, living vicariously through others. He's content with that, isn't he?

We are all at the mercy of time. Who decides when it's too late?
Copyright © 2017 Headstall; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (6 members)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 1
  • Characters 6
  • Chills 1
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 5
  • Feel-Good 4
  • Humor 1
  • Smoldering 1
  • Tearjerker 4
  • Unique 4
  • World Building 2

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

raven1

  

This is not a sad tale, but one of joyful hope.  Maurice is a character that anyone, any age can identify with.  Despite his age and loses in life, he is able to find hope for his future.  He is ready for a change in his life that will end his loneliness.  The Watcher is a sweet tale of hope in a very compact story.  A great read when you need a lift in life. 

Response from the author:

Thanks, Terry. I'm glad you found the sweetness in this. It is not a long story, but I believe many of us can relate. Thanks for leaving a review recommending it to others. Much appreciated. Just a reminder to anyone reading this, there are two more installments of "The Watcher". Cheers!

  • Love 1
Link to review
Dan South

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

We are social creatures, built to make connections, best when we love another more than ourselves. This series, The Watcher, explores the physical loss of a loved one and the psychological aftermath. 

Carefully and considerately Headstall writes my greatest fear: being the partner left behind. 

Whether you are 18 or 80, mated or alone, you need to read this, these short stories of love lost and found. 

Why? They fill my heart with hope and I know they’ll do the same for you. Tales like these help me stay in love with love.

Response from the author:

Help you stay in love with love? How beautiful. You have eloquently described the heart of this series. Hope is something we all need, at all times in our life. It is so easy to close our  hearts, but the courage to open them lets us know we are alive. Thank you so much for this wonderful review. Cheers!

  • Love 2
Link to review
Mawgrim

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

A simple, but heartfelt story showing how hope gradually dawns and grief can't last forever. The descriptions of the park and the people using it is cinematic.

Response from the author:

Thank you so much for the kind words. I am really proud of this story, and the two that follow it. I hope your review might stir some interest in this series. Here's hoping! Cheers!

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to review
Caz Pedroso

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

First I want to warn any new readers to this story, you will want to have tissues nearby. Don't say you weren't warned.

Such a lot of emotion in such a short piece. The pain of loss and the nerves of something new, and the hope of a new future.

The description of the park and the people in it was brilliantly written, I could actually picture it from that alone. 

A wonderful tale and highly recommended. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to review
LitLover

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

This was probably one of my favourite stories of yours (and that is saying a lot) because there is so much hope in it.  I don't want to say too much and give the story away, so I will just say it was a beautiful short story that I would highly recommend.  

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..