Jump to content
  • Join Gay Authors

    Join us for free and follow your favorite authors and stories.

Ceramic Dreams

   (10 reviews)

In an old, dusty teapot, unfulfilled dreams linger. Faint cracks run across its surface when past promises collide with current realities in a whirl of questions and emotions.

Copyright © 2024 Secret Author; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (10 members)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 4
  • Characters 7
  • Chills 3
  • Cliffhanger 1
  • Compelling 9
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 2
  • Tearjerker 9
  • Unique 6
  • World Building 1

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 4,084 Words
    • 1,137 Views
    • 44 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

RJRBD100

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

Beautifully written. This writer covers you with a dark shroud of sadness, heartbreak and empathy. Held tight in it's grasp until the final surrender. 

 

  • Love 6
Link to review
Bill W

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

When you're young and gay, what happens when the youthful joys of your first relationship and the plans you have made together clashes with a temporary separation?  What happens when you meet again?  Is the spark still there?  Are your plans and dreams still intact?  Or is your world and happiness slowly shattered? 

This Secret Author crafter a wonderful, yet sad and painful account of such a relationship.  Although it is sad and heart-wrenching, it is so wonderfully and skillfully written that you will identify with the anguish  and despair of the protagonist during the years to come.  You won't be sorry if you take the time to read the exquisite and heartfelt tale.   

  • Love 6
Link to review
BentedWreath

· Edited by BentedWreath

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

As I sit here staring at this text box, I am desperately trying to figure out how to convince you to read this. This was a most vivid snapshot of what it means to be human, illustrated and punctuated with symbolism that stabs you right through the heart as you immediately empathize with this character that could very well be someone you know, if not yourself. It felt that real.

  • Love 7
Link to review
Gary L

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

This came up in the secret author contest - and what an amazing read. The command of the English language is breathtaking.  At times it is as if poetry were written in prose.

This linguistic ability only enhances the desperate nature of the story itself.  I’m pretty hard hearted but even I was moved to have my eyes glistening (only a little) at the end.

one of the best short pieces (13k words) that is a masterpiece.   Wonderful. 

  • Love 7
Link to review
chris191070

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

This wonderful piece of writing will probably have you in tears.

It is a powerful piece that is heartbreaking, wonderful and sad at the same time. Memories hidden away in a dusty old teapot.

Keep the tissues handy. Thanks Secret Author.

  • Love 7
Link to review
Mancunian

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

This is a sad story that is very well crafted and written. You can almost feel the emotional pain as a young man accepts and succumbs to the pressures of his parents and society. Well worth reading but remember to have a box of tissues ready, you will need them.

  • Love 7
Link to review
Headstall

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

A stunning piece of writing. It is not to be missed. Seriously. It is sad, yes, but you would be remiss not to let yourself experience this. Cheers. 

  • Love 4
Link to review
kbois

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

So, this Secret Author story took me by surprise. It's very well written and uses symbolism fantastically.  

It's bittersweet for sure,  but so isn't life.  Realistic and just plain well done.  

It's definitely worth the read.  

  • Love 4
Link to review
Thirdly

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

This isn't a story; it is a masterfully written experience that will make you never look at teapots the same way again. I highly advise that you not read this while listening to 30 Seconds To Mars's The Kill, but I do implore you to read it, preferably with a tissue box nearby. No one will judge you if you suddenly have the urge to gently hug the nearest teapot, either.

  • Love 4
Link to review
Cane23

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

A true literary masterpiece, writing style that makes me feel - I want to write like that, but I don't know how. Every sentence is piece of art.

There is no HEA in this story, but the sacrifce our pritagonists have made at the altar of art is worth of it. Pain and suffering in a service at beauty!

  • Love 3
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..