Jump to content

That's the Chicago Way

   (1 review)
Sub-genres: Suspense, General Romance

NOVEL. With the dynamic metropolis of Chicago as a backdrop, politics, corruption, murder and romance are woven into a tale about a variety of relationships. The primary characters of That’s the Chicago Way include a popular television news anchor, a resourceful college student, a personal assistant/lawyer for a crafty wheeler-dealer, and a junior associate of AOI Security. AOI is an international security firm that has been the part of several past stories.

Copyright © 2011 Jack Scribe; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (4 members)

  • Action Packed 2
  • Addictive/Pacing 3
  • Characters 4
  • Chills 1
  • Cliffhanger 1
  • Compelling 1
  • Feel-Good 1
  • Humor 1
  • Smoldering 2
  • Tearjerker 1
  • Unique 2
  • World Building 2

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Carlos Hazday

· Edited by Carlos Hazday

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

When it comes to Jack Scribe's novels, six degrees of separation amongst the protagonists is at least three too many. And the situation isn't limited to the book's main characters; the supporting cast is peppered with men appearing in previous stories.

The author's blend of fiction with reality is a trademark of his work and evident in "That's The Chicago Way." Whether it's referencing Sidetracks in Chicago, Lady Gaga's videos, or the bottle of Bombay Saphire Gin, they all immerse you in a universe where the line between said fiction and the world we live in are blurred. I wouldn't be surprised if I ran into Kris or Scotty walking down Michigan Avenue.

If you're like me, nothing but the most essential of obligations will prevent you from putting the story down. Grab a cocktail, kick off the shoes, and get ready to enjoy yourself.

  • Like 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..