Jump to content

Dani the Hero 5. Ravello series

   (6 reviews)
Sub-genres: Adventure, Drama

A novel in twelve chapters.

It’s springtime in the Italian mountain town of Ravello, and the community is just starting to wake up for the new tourist season. But something isn’t quite right: businesses are being attacked, and the police are nowhere to be seen.

Into the midst of all this comes twelve-year-old Daniele Ferrero, a kind and gentle boy who dreams of being a hero but really just wants a friend his own age. One night, when he follows a boy he sort of likes, he gets caught up in a dangerous game that will test his faith in humanity.

Greetings, returning readers! Back in the summer I said that, if I wrote another entry in the Ravello series, I would want to tell a different sort of story.
That’s what I’ve tried to do here. As such, let me be honest about one thing right from the start: this is not a love story! Daniele is only twelve, and he has other things on his mind. However, I hope his eventful story will capture your imagination in other ways.
Copyright © 2021 James Carnarvon; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (11 members)

  • Action Packed 9
  • Addictive/Pacing 10
  • Characters 11
  • Chills 8
  • Cliffhanger 8
  • Compelling 8
  • Feel-Good 8
  • Humor 6
  • Smoldering 2
  • Tearjerker 6
  • Unique 8
  • World Building 6

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 6,851 Words
    • 2,975 Views
    • 21 Comments
  • 2. Chapter 2
    • 8,258 Words
    • 2,646 Views
    • 14 Comments
  • 3. Chapter 3
    • 8,354 Words
    • 2,627 Views
    • 14 Comments
  • 4. Chapter 4
    • 6,250 Words
    • 2,691 Views
    • 21 Comments
  • 5. Chapter 5
    • 6,539 Words
    • 2,706 Views
    • 13 Comments
  • 6. Chapter 6
    • 6,383 Words
    • 2,901 Views
    • 25 Comments
  • 7. Chapter 7
    • 6,319 Words
    • 2,587 Views
    • 11 Comments
  • 8. Chapter 8
    • 6,275 Words
    • 2,481 Views
    • 23 Comments
  • 9. Chapter 9
    • 6,552 Words
    • 2,663 Views
    • 15 Comments
  • 10. Chapter 10
    • 5,765 Words
    • 2,648 Views
    • 14 Comments
  • 11. Chapter 11
    • 5,599 Words
    • 2,741 Views
    • 17 Comments
  • 12. Chapter 12
    • 5,061 Words
    • 2,981 Views
    • 29 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

drsawzall

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

The fourth in a series of fantastic storied about a band of like minded individuals in the sleepy little town of Ravello, Italy. It is a tale of where curiosity can and will bring you, as the edges of danger are skirted. Impeccable locations, exquisitely described. You aren't only reading, you have gone along for the ride.

While it is a standalone story, you won't be disappointed, you will quickly find yourself looking for the others!

  • Like 2
  • Love 5
Link to review
James K

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

A wonderful story of a boy's journey from loneliness towards friendship. A journey full of as many twists and turns as the mountainous roads and paths on the Amalfi coast. A sometimes dangerous adventure which tests the limits of friendship and self-reliance. It's all about growing up and self-discovery and hopefully not getting hurt along the way. Overcoming obstactcles and triumphing in the end. This really is a boy's own story written with the panache of a seasoned author, James Carnarvon. A pleasure to read.

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to review
clairvin

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

An intimate story of friendship and sacrifice inside a detective story, inside a travel guide.  The story has it all realistic characterizations, intricate plot, dramatic plot,  and a vivid setting. 
Well worth the read.  Exceptional. 

  • Like 3
  • Love 3
Link to review
raven1

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

 

Dani is a very different kind of hero who is quiet, observant and very curious boy reaching out to become a teenager.  Ravello is a beautiful and safe town to grow up, but a sudden series of crimes catches Dani's attention and he sets out to find out what is happening.  His efforts  gain him new friends, but also puts him in danger.  This story is filled with the beautiful and sensual details of the Amalfi coast and its wonderful inhabitants.  You will be captivated by Dani, his friends old and new as they navigate both life and new dangers. 

Dani the Hero is a stand alone novel written with care and love by the very talented James Carnarvon.  It is part of the Ravello series that shares many of the wonderful characters and setting.  As a mystery and adventure it is a different genre than the other stories.

James is a very skilled writer who maintains your interest throughout the story.  This particular book stands alone, but you will most likely want to read the prior books in the series once you have finished this story.  

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to review
chris191070

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

The 5th visit to Ravello and it is truly amazing.

Bad things are happening in Ravello. Our quite unassuming hero is Dani, he was a loner. But he has to learn alot, when he discovers friendship.

Along with discovering friendship, Dani learns alot about the goings on in Ravello, some good, some bad, but he becomes quite a skilled detective.

You really need to read the others first, otherwise you will not know any of the other people in the story.

An exceptional story, that comes highly recommended.

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to review
Mancunian

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Brilliant, just brilliant, I loved reading this story. Oh, sorry my fellow readers you don't know what I'm talking about, do you. Well, read it like I did, I'm sure you will enjoy it. It's a story about a boy, Daniele, who is still classed as the 'newbie' even after living in the town for two years. He eventually starts to make friends while still writing his adventure/super hero stories and transforms from a quiet timid boy into someone with confidence and gaining his own circle of friends. What he doesn't know is the real adventure that this will take him on, an adventure that's laced with secrecy, intrigue and some danger. It's so unreal that it's believable. Dani and his story is a great addition to the Ravello Series and I loved it, I'm sure you will too if read it. Another five star rated story that I recommend.

Response from the author:

Reviews like this encourage me to keep going. Tonight, I'm finally staggering to the end of the first draft of my latest Ravello opus. Thanks... and watch this space. Dani will return!

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..