Jump to content

La Bella Vacanza 7. Ravello series

   (7 reviews)
Genres: Comedy
Sub-genres: Comedy Modern

A light-hearted novella in seven short chapters.

Sixteen-year-old Reza thinks he knows it all until his parents drag him away on a summer holiday to Ravello on Italy’s Amalfi Coast, where a chance encounter by the hotel pool proves to be an education…


Nobody should be taking this story remotely seriously.
La Bella Vacanza is an intentionally lightweight and fluffy summer holiday story. It doesn’t offer any real development of my ongoing dramatic storylines. It’s also a bit, um… cheekier... than my other stories!
It’s all meant to be in good fun, and I hope nobody reading this will be offended, regardless of their background.

Copyright © 2022 James Carnarvon; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (13 members)

  • Action Packed 2
  • Addictive/Pacing 10
  • Characters 13
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 2
  • Compelling 10
  • Feel-Good 11
  • Humor 11
  • Smoldering 5
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 8
  • World Building 6

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Saturday
    • 3,484 Words
    • 2,317 Views
    • 28 Comments
  • 2. Sunday
    • 3,061 Words
    • 2,132 Views
    • 22 Comments
  • 3. Monday
    • 2,669 Words
    • 1,885 Views
    • 19 Comments
  • 4. Tuesday
    • 3,054 Words
    • 1,925 Views
    • 20 Comments
  • 5. Wednesday
    • 2,652 Words
    • 2,328 Views
    • 26 Comments
  • 6. Thursday
    • 4,483 Words
    • 2,131 Views
    • 19 Comments
  • 7. Friday
    • 2,799 Words
    • 2,422 Views
    • 36 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Mancunian

  

This is an insightful tale of a young man who, against his own ideas, is taken by his parents on a short holiday to the delightful town of Ravello on the Amalfi Coast. During his brief visit Reza discovers a few truths about himself that he previously was not aware of. Totally against his preconceived ideas of what this break would be like he ends up being enthralled by the beauty of his surroundings, maybe that is why his guard was down when he met Otto and discovered more about himself than he thought possible. It's not what we have become accustomed too from previous tales from the Ravello series, but it fits in well with its relaxed atmosphere and way of life. A delightful read that I recommend, a good stand alone tale as well as being a good addition to the series it is worthy of a five star rating.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to review
Mawgrim

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Another wonderful foray to Ravello. @James Carnarvon writes so descriptively you can easily imagine yourself in all the locations. But it's not all lush hillsides, lemons and cicadas; these stories are character driven. In this case, Reza a disaffected teen, is 'dragged' to Ravello by his parents expecting to hate every moment of what he assumes will be a boring holiday. It turns out to be anything but!

  • Love 4
Link to review
Summerabbacat

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

A frothy vignette in the Ravello series. Step back in time with Reza and his family as they experience the delights of the town, Reza armed with his trusty camera and Nokia phone. Reza’s life will never be the same; to reveal any more would spoil the story.

@James Carnarvon's latest tale is a brief glimpse into the world of Ravello and the magic of its charms, charms which Reza initially resists, but ultimately succumbs to. We see an appearance by fan favourites Gianni, Angelo and briefly, Claudia. And what would a trip to Ravello be without the scraping cicadas, the lemons and other culinary delights. 

Humour abounds, characters develop and the reader is left wanting more from the pen of this most impressive of authors. Truly enchanting.

  • Love 4
Link to review
pvtguy

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

A wonderful short story where a young boy experiences life outside his former comfort zone.  In a week's time, he makes new friends, enjoys new experiences, and grows in self understanding.  Easy reading but most enjoyable.

  • Love 5
Link to review
Gary L

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Like a deliciously cool lemon syllabub- light, airy, so lemony it pervades the senses and with a kick of something strong. 
a delightful tale, full of colour.  This is a great addition to the Ravello series (a must) but stands on its own as a magical tale.   Easily a 5***** 

  • Love 6
Link to review
raven1

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Ravello is a magical place for a vacation.  Reza sets out to make his parents understand how put out he is to be away from friends, to visit this foreign town where nothing happens.  Ravello and its magic slowly transforms Reza. He discovers an entirely different world, different perspectives and very surprising things about himself.  This is a delightful, short summer read, and a great introduction to the other Ravello books.

  • Love 7
Link to review
drsawzall

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

A fun, summer's read. Take a typical 16 year old teenager, self confident and wise to the ways of his world. Drop him into a vacation far from everything he knows and watch his education truly begin, as Reza learns more than he thought he might!

  • Love 8
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..