Jump to content

Together We Can Fly 4. Ravello series

   (6 reviews)
Genres: General Fiction
Sub-genres: Drama, Coming of Age
Image of swifts flying

Toto is sixteen and in love with his best friend. Michele doesn’t seem to mind, but he never seems to have felt the same way.

It’s the end of the school year, and Toto is looking forward to spending a long, languid summer together, exploring the hills around their home town of Ravello, but the arrival of new friends brings unexpected twists and turns in their lives.

Follow Toto and Michele through a summer of decision as they face tough choices about their future.

A novel in twelve chapters.
Together We Can Fly is a full-length follow-up to my earlier novel The Summer of the Firefly and the short stories Toto and Michele, and features flashbacks to those periods in my characters' lives. The reading experience would be greatly enhanced by reading those stories first, but it's not essential.
Copyright © 2021 James Carnarvon; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (10 members)

  • Action Packed 7
  • Addictive/Pacing 10
  • Characters 10
  • Chills 5
  • Cliffhanger 6
  • Compelling 7
  • Feel-Good 5
  • Humor 6
  • Smoldering 6
  • Tearjerker 5
  • Unique 6
  • World Building 6

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 6,382 Words
    • 3,205 Views
    • 12 Comments
  • 2. Chapter 2
    • 6,985 Words
    • 2,926 Views
    • 17 Comments
  • 3. Chapter 3
    • 6,809 Words
    • 2,911 Views
    • 11 Comments
  • 4. Chapter 4
    • 6,097 Words
    • 2,741 Views
    • 14 Comments
  • 5. Chapter 5
    • 6,402 Words
    • 2,786 Views
    • 9 Comments
  • 6. Chapter 6
    • 5,856 Words
    • 2,979 Views
    • 16 Comments
  • 7. Chapter 7
    • 7,707 Words
    • 3,015 Views
    • 19 Comments
  • 8. Chapter 8
    • 5,816 Words
    • 2,740 Views
    • 10 Comments
  • 9. Chapter 9
    • 6,185 Words
    • 2,738 Views
    • 9 Comments
  • 10. Chapter 10
    • 5,967 Words
    • 2,975 Views
    • 21 Comments
  • 11. Chapter 11
    • 5,455 Words
    • 2,926 Views
    • 21 Comments
  • 12. Chapter 12
    • 5,250 Words
    • 3,115 Views
    • 30 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

drsawzall

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

One of the great things about this story site here at GA, are the number of incredible stories that are presented to us for our enjoyment. We are fortunate and lucky, that so many authors take time out of their busy lives to make the effort, presenting and entertaining us with their creative efforts.

For me one such story...this one, part of a four story vignette, stands out. Superb writing, believable characters, a descriptive setting that transports the reader, chock full of human emotions and comportment as they go about their lives, drawing us in and taking us along with them!

Take the time, make the effort to read this four part series. You won't be disappointed! 

Response from the author:

Thank you for your kind words, promoting not just this story but my others as well! 😊

  • Like 2
  • Love 6
Link to review
James K

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Together We Can Fly is a superb sequel (and the fourth book in the series) to James Carnarvon's first book The Summer of the Firefly. I can only admire and applaud the way this story repeats the coming of age, self-discovery, and coping with family, that tug at the heartstrings as we hope and pray for a good outcome. With the consummate skill of a seasoned author James Carnarvon immerses us in the Italian hilltop villages and the life drama as it unfolds and touches the soul of several youngsters. 

This book is a gripping rollercoaster that plays with our emotions and takes us on yet another unforgettable journey. You cannot help but fall in love with the place and the all the characters that live there. The picture painted by the author is a wonderful backdrop to a powerful story which will leave a lasting impression.

An absolutely wonderful story which you should not ignore!

Response from the author:

Thank you. 😊

  • Like 2
  • Love 5
Link to review
raven1

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Unrequited love may be a bore for some people, but for Toto it is filled with confusion and sadness as he and his best friend, Michele, continue to explore and play on the hillside villages above the Amalfi coast.  Both Toto and Michele are at turning points in their lives, but will they turn to each other or turn away? As they deal with each other, they are joined by some new characters that hold both hope and fear for both.  

Beautifully written prose that immerses the reader in the verdant hillside villas of the Amalfi coast of Italy. This wonderful story I highly recommend for its compelling storyline and wonderfully engaging characters.  

This is the fourth book in the series and it is a wonderful tale.  However, it would be best read after reading the first three is this awesome series.  You will love and enjoy them all.  

  • Like 2
  • Love 5
Link to review
drpaladin

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

I strongly recommend readers to read the Ravello stories in the order they were written to enhance the experience.

This story follows Toto and Michele along their exploration of the depth of their friendship and emotional connection. It's a delicate path where Toto is certain he loves and physically desires his friend, but he and we aren't too sure where Michele's inclinations lie.

It's a great journey made sublime by superb character development and immersive descriptions of the Amalfi coast.

  • Like 3
  • Love 5
Link to review
Mancunian

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

James Carnarvon is becoming one of my favourite authors, the 'Ravello Series' is enthralling with each story being a building block for the next as well as being a great story in its own right. Together We Can Fly is a wonderful story of two boys who are discovering themselves and their relationship, as is the case for many boys they are 'taking the journey at different speeds but they do have the same destination', I hope that makes sense to you as it does to me. They start as their 'journey' as boys and end it as young men, you get to experience the hopes and dreams, the angst and uncertainty, and a bit of exciting action and adventure as you read their story. I'm not going to give anything away as I want you to enjoy the story as I have. This is a five star enjoyable and recommended read.

Response from the author:

I'm loving your reviews of all my stories. I hope you keep enjoying them! Thanks again.

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to review
chris191070

· Edited by chris191070

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Book 4 in the Ravello series, you really need to read the others or you won't know alot of the people.

We follow Toto, who is still hopelessly in love with his best friend Michelle, as they start there summer holidays.

We meet new faces as the boys undertake a summer of adventure, which brings plenty of twists, turns and revelations, as they face tough decisions about there future.

Highly recommended.

  • Love 2
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..