Jump to content

Luke Hanson's Mind & Punishment: A Teen in Despair

   (4 reviews)

A chance collision at a Bakery. A scent that returns the powerful memory of a past encounter. A yearning for a face remembered. An obsession born. A Gipsy. A Handsome Gipsy. 

In this elder teen drama, Luke Hanson provides a touching yet sometimes lighthearted account of his mental health issues and experiences as a college dropout. Luke also shows us the often funny side of being on the cusp of manhood and all its emotions while on a Journey that suddenly diverges onto a single path. Overall this is a story about lost love, an unlikely reunion and the pounding beat of a yearning heart. 

 

 

 

Copyright © 2022 James Matthews; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (26 members)

  • Action Packed 8
  • Addictive/Pacing 15
  • Characters 23
  • Chills 7
  • Cliffhanger 7
  • Compelling 21
  • Feel-Good 10
  • Humor 12
  • Smoldering 5
  • Tearjerker 10
  • Unique 12
  • World Building 9

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

drsawzall

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

A story ripped from an intriguing slice of life, that lets us see the world through the eyes of an 18 yr old, as love finds him for the first time. We experience the anguish and heartbreak as a simple love story turns into a classic mystery. One with as many twists and turns as Lombard St in San Francisco.

Nothing is as it seems, it will keep you guessing and pondering...and in the case of this reader, pounding away at the keyboard with reactions and observations.

As a stand alone story here on GA, it begs for more and what more could a reader ask for!!!

Take a gander at the tale...you won't be disappointed!!!

  • Love 6
Link to review
chris191070

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

This a story that comes highly recommended.

It deals with so many different issues, mental health, father-son, mystery, intrigue, the traveller community and life in a small town.

Fantastic character development, plenty of humour and drama.

Mix all these together and you are in for a thrilling ride.

  • Love 7
Link to review
pvtguy

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

This is a story which deals with many issues:  mental health in a teen, father-son relationship, mystery, intrigue, and life in a small town.  It will make you smile, angry, hopeful.  The characters are so real one feels that they could be neighbors and people you know!  I highly recommend this for a good read!

  • Love 7
Link to review
weinerdog

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Anybody who has read this author's other stories knows that he has always had just the right combination of character development ,drama and humor but IMO he has outdone himself in all three of these in this story. This story deals with a topic as far as I know never has been dealt with by this author or at least not front and center as it was in this story.While there are always twist and turns in any good story you will not see a lot of these coming in this one so brace yourself for a thrilling ride.

  • Love 6
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..