Jump to content

Puppy for Sale 1. The Puppy Saga

   (8 reviews)
Genres: General Fiction
Sub-genres: Drama

Jensen Stibbings longs for a place to call home. But at Sixteen, and the oldest resident at Greenstone Children’s Home, his hopes are fading fast. With a complex medical condition, anger issues and little to no real-world experience, he continues to get looked over for other younger and more adaptable kids.

Will Jensen see out his childhood days at the home until he is left to fend for himself at eighteen, or will he be saved from the scrap heap that is the care system? Time will tell, in Puppy for Sale.

Puppy for Sale I wrote in 2015. It has been through many edits and been extended in places. With combined chapters to reduce the breaks in the story this is in many respects is an "Authors Cut" version of the story. I am really pleased to bring it back to GA. Enjoy!
Copyright © 2021 James Matthews; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (11 members)

  • Action Packed 4
  • Addictive/Pacing 10
  • Characters 11
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 4
  • Compelling 0
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 4
  • Tearjerker 7
  • Unique 9
  • World Building 3

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Ford48

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

This story is intoxicating. From the very first introduction to Puppy to the last embrace with Hunter it has pulled me in. The nickname, Puppy, is so endearing and sets the stage for the development of him and his personality. He is a puppy and, despite the rather awkward and rough introductions to the "real" world he remains an innocent. 

I don't know how I happened onto your writings,  James Matthews, but I love your insights, your jargon, your awareness of the angst of teenage life and the brutality that can develop from those relationships. I don't mean physically, although that's what happened in your story. Your teenagers are so honest with each other. That's what propels the story.

I just finished the first Puppy story. I need to take a break. But, I will be back.

  • Love 2
Link to review
mmalex

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Great story!!!

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to review
Gary L

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Really great tale.  Fiction can be more real than the cold statistics of uk homes.  A very good piece of writing ✍️ 

  • Love 4
Link to review
Luke Past

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

I really enjoyed reading this story 🙂

I found it developed the main characters well and there were plenty of unexpected plot twists. Some scary and they made me think about them. 

I would recommend this if by you like teen romance and drama.

 

Thank you to the author,

Luke

  • Love 4
Link to review
Modified Cub

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

This is quite a rollercoaster of a story that delves in to similar topics often portrayed in stories about teens on GA but has a unique plot that has you rooting for the main character (Jensen aka Puppy) from beginning to end. A truly remarkable well written coming of age story that I can't recommend enough.

  • Love 5
Link to review
pvtguy

   8 of 8 members found this review helpful 8 / 8 members

Having spent 11 of his 16 years of age in an orphanage/children's home, Jensen finds family, love, and life.  This story is so compelling and well-written, a true joy to read. 

  • Love 7
Link to review
weinerdog

· Edited by weinerdog

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

I echo everything @chris191070 said in his review.But what I will add is there are a lot of stories on GA about teens in similar situations a lot of times the stories cover the same ground.This one our main character Jensen(Puppy) not only lived a sheltered existence but had incompetent Doctors making his mental state worse. When finds out he has a family  in a sense it's like a 16 year old being 5 years old again because he never learned even the basic things about living in society outside of the children's home it becomes a very interesting journey and makes this story unique

  • Love 6
Link to review
chris191070

· Edited by chris191070

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

This is the story of Jensen Stibbings who goes by the name Puppy.

He's 16 years old and has spent all of his life at Greenstone Children's home, time is running out for him to find a family. He has complex medical problems and anger issues.

But what happens to Puppy is a rollercoaster of a ride when he gets parents and a brother.

Puppy has to learn to live life outside of the security of the children's home. We follow his story as he learns and enjoys all sorts of new experiences, some good and some bad.

This is a fantastic coming of age that I highly recommend.

  • Love 7
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..