Jump to content

The Sessions

   (3 reviews)
Sub-genres: Drama, Creative Non-Fic

The Sessions is a collection of transcripts containing the conversations and subsequent appointment notes between a Consulting psychiatrist and her new patient. As a transcript, the story is told entirely in dialogue and is set in a small, plainly decorated room. A teak coffee table separates Patient and Doctor. Although not seen, the Doctor will be taking notes throughout, and these can be read at the end of each visit.
While some of the details within the transcripts may not be entirely medically accurate, I have drawn on my extensive experience of being the “patient” in therapy.

As told in a journal and transcript fashion, "The Sessions" will be a collection of 4 "visits, which will replace chapters. The reader will start on Visit #1 and can read the conversation and then the psychiatrist's notes at the end. I hope you'll find this insight into the world of Psychology interesting.
Copyright © 2021 James Matthews; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (3 members)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 0
  • Characters 3
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 0
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 1
  • Unique 3
  • World Building 0

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Visit #1
    • 3,531 Words
    • 1,091 Views
    • 5 Comments
  • 2. Visit #2
    • 3,695 Words
    • 1,169 Views
    • 3 Comments
  • 3. Visit #3
    • 3,797 Words
    • 995 Views
    • 4 Comments
  • 4. Visit #4
    • 203,251 Words
    • 648 Views
    • 7 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Gary L

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Seriously well-written. This a a clever take on the role of therapy in the healing process.  It isn’t either plain-sailing nor easy to read at times.  For those of us who have spent time working with survivors there is much that resonates.  
a powerful tale.  Thank you 🙏 

  • Love 1
Link to review
pvtguy

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

A unique presentation of only dialogue between Josh, a young man who is a victim of violence, and his psychiatrist/therapist, Claire.  Great insight into the process of quick therapy with Josh's growth of insight into himself. 

  • Love 2
Link to review
chris191070

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

The Sessions is not your usual type of story.

We follow Josh as he's seeing Claire a Physiatrist, as he's been in a violent relationship and is suffering depression.

We get to read the discussions that take place between Josh and Claire and Claire's clinical notes.

If you fancy a short story that is a bit different then this is highly recommended.

  • Love 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..