Jump to content
    JamesSavik
  • Author
  • 14,083 Words
  • 1,411 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Company - 10. To the Victor go the Spoils

p style="text-align:center;"> M40A1.jpg

Randy pushed the button on the phone that ended the call, looked at me and said, “Seriously? We’ve got a psycho killer Preacher on the loose?”

I said, “It's worse. We’ve got a guy out there that doesn’t hesitate. Apparently when he figured out that he was blown, he just started shooting. Worse yet, we have Adam. How am I going to tell that sweet little kid his Dad is dead, and his Mom is on the way to the hospital in bad shape?”

“We need to get Aaron before he sees it on the news, and this will hit the radio and TV very soon.”

I said, “If it bleeds, it leads. Go ahead and get ready. I’ll tell the guys something serious has come up, so we’ll put off our partying.”

Randy agreed, and I walked back into the TV room, put the VCR on pause and said, “I’m sorry guys, our party is going to have to wait. Something major has just happened. The deacons at Big Sandy Baptist Church confronted their flaky preacher about missing money and messing with under aged girls. Apparently, he shot everybody in the house and took off. We’re pretty confident that one of the dead is Aaron and Adam’s Dad.”

Steven said, “I know kids who go to that church and have heard many rumors about that guy.”

Scott added, “That nut has run off half the church.”

I asked, “Is anyone here close to Aaron and Adam?”

Cole said, “I used to be pretty tight with Aaron.”

Tommy said, “Adam is my best friend.”

“If you guys don’t mind, they’re going to need you. The rest of you, until this nut case is bagged, I think we all need to stay inside, lock up and set the alarms.”

Matthew spoke up and said, “Bart, Chase and Eric are on their way. They should be here any minute.”

I said, “Go down to the garage and bring them in as soon as they get here and let them know what’s going on. I just got off the phone with the Chief. He wants Randy and me to take the Pate brothers to the hospital. Their mother is on the way there. ”

“God, what a mess”, Frank sighed with his kitten lounging on his shoulder entirely ignoring the human drama. “You would think people would have the good sense and manners to save mass murder for a Monday.”

I asked, “Could you handle things here?”

Frank nodded.

I said, “Cole, run upstairs and tell Brandon and Toby what’s happening and put on some jeans. Tommy, come with me. Everybody else, just stay put, watch the movies and try to relax.”

I rushed upstairs to my room followed by Larry and Tommy as Cole peeled off to let Toby and Brandon know what was going on. I put on some jeans, a shirt and some shoes and stopped for a minute to hug Larry and Tommy.

Larry asked, “What was that for?”

I said, “I like you two, and I needed it. I have a feeling that this will be a long night. Now, I’ve got to tell a sweet kid that his Dad was just murdered.”

Before I could move the phone rang. I picked it up and answered, “This is Tim.”

A voice I’d never heard before with a strange British derived accent said, “Little Shep. I wish your Dad was alive today to see his progeny had become a catamite collector.”

I wasn’t wanting nonsense and was about to hang up the phone when I heard a young voice scream.

“Who is this?”

The voice changed to Southern redneck and said, “Why the right an honorable Reverend Jeremiah Nobles, of course. You have something that is mine and, if I don’t get it, poor little Arron here is going to bleed out.”

I asked, quite reasonably, “Are you sure you’ve got the right guy? I really don’t know what you are talking about, and please don’t hurt any kids on my account.”

The voice on the phone made a chilling laugh and said, “What it’s about are those tapes. I spent two years in this shithole playing redneck minister and telling Andrew Lawrence which kids were little catamites, so we could get some degenerate politicians on tape. If I don’t get what I want, there’s going to be more blood. After Aaron, maybe it’ll be that redhead you are so fond of or your pretty pet boy cop.”

“OK. Slow down. Nobody needs to get hurt. I’m all about making deals, but I thought the Feds got all the tapes.”

The voice said angrily, “Don’t try to play me. The Feds don’t have the tapes, but they are pretty sure you do. There are four of them. Andrew showed them to me at his apartment a couple of weeks ago. It’s the same apartment your pet cop credited to a confidential tip. I know you’ve got a house full of Andrew’s boys. I don’t really give a shit what you are doing with them, but the tapes are mine.”

I asked, “How do you know me?”

The voice said, “I used to do odd jobs for your Daa. I’d put a bullet here or a bullet there for Uncle Sam’s Misguided Children to take out Uncle’s enemies. Then I decided to go into business for myself. Look Boyo, you have twenty minutes. If you want this little catamite alive, and I suppose he’s a cute enough, get on your boat unarmed with the tapes. I’ll make the trade at Sam Rankin’s boat dock. Then you go your way, and I’ll go mine. Do not fuck with me. This kid is dead if you do, or you’re late. Don’t call the cops, I’ll know if you do.”

The line went dead and a whole world of shit just landed in my lap. I looked at my watch and saw that it read five minutes to ten. I had until ten fifteen to improvise a plan and execute it.

Larry and Tommy had heard the whole thing. Larry asked, “What are you going to do Tim?’

I said, “There’s only one thing to do. I’m going to kill him.”

 

I had Larry and Tommy stay upstairs and went down the main stairs and met Randy coming up. He had a grim look on his face.

“Tim: Chase, Eric and Bart from across the bay just arrived in a boat that’s tied up to your pier. As soon as they got here they asked if anyone was supposed to be at the Rankin house. They described a blue four-door with lots of antennas. They saw it pull into the driveway. That SOB is in Sam’s house, and he has a police scanner.”

I said, “I know. That was just him on the phone. He has Aaron Pate as a hostage, and he wants something I can’t give him, or he’ll kill the Pate boy in twenty minutes. I’m going to have to kill him.”

Randy asked, “Is it worth it?”

I said, “When it’s over, I’ll sit down and explain it to you. If you don’t think so, you can take me in yourself.”

Randy nodded and said, “What’s the plan?”

I said, “Get Frank, Chris, Tony, Lee and Rory. Send the rest of the kids upstairs. Meet me in the garage. I’m about to reveal another one of the secrets Dad built into this house, and I actually do have a plan in mind. It’s a good one I think.”

 

Two minutes later I was standing in the garage with the guys I summoned. I said, “We have a time-critical emergency. If I’m your leader, follow me now. Aaron Pate’s life depends on it and other lives as well.”

I headed into the basement access and everyone followed to a room I had never opened without Dad. I put my older brother’s birthday in the cypher lock and the big, reinforced door clicked and opened. I stepped into the room and turned on the lights.

Randy followed me in and his eyes widened. Everyone else that entered murmured when they got a good look at the arsenal. It wasn’t the number of guns, it was their types. They were military and looked impressive and lethal. It wasn’t just guns either. There were shelves and cabinets with ammunition, supplies and equipment.

I started talking as I began pulling things out. “The guy who shot up the deacons meeting and has been the preacher at Big Sandy Road Baptist for the last couple of years was working with Andrew Lawrence. The Preacher would get the kids scared shitless about being gay or bi with his sermons and then counseled them in private later. That’s how Andrew knew exactly whom to target.”

As I was pulling the M40A1 sniper rifle case off the shelf, Kevin, Lance and Roderick arrived.

“Once Andrew had control of the kids, he pimped them out to VIPs like senators, congressmen and federal judges and got them on videotape via hidden cameras.”

Randy swore quietly, and I heard Tony say something the saints would not have approved of.

“When Andrew got busted, Brandon knew about his off the grid apartment and had actually swiped a key. He and I went there and stole the stuff that would likely get the kids snuffed if it came out. What this mutt wants is the tapes of VIPs with the boys, and I’m not going to give them too him. This is too much like spy operation to gain leverage over our political leaders. The Soviets, about fifty unfriendly countries or rival political groups or rouge elements of our intelligence community could be behind this. This has to end tonight, or we’ll be looking over our shoulders forever. Tell me you understand and are with me.”

Everyone assented. I pulled out a black wetsuit and took off my shirt and jeans and started putting it on. “Here’s the plan. This mutt knows me. He called me Little Shep on the phone. Only people that knew and worked with my Dad ever call me that, but he hasn’t seen me in years. Lee looks very similar to me, and he won’t be able to tell us apart from a distance. My plan is for Lee to drive the boat with me on a boogie board on a ski rope and my rifle in a dry bag. Go near the pontoon out in the bay that kids swim from. I’m going to get on it, set up and shoot that bastard.”

Frank said, “Jesus Tim. How can we help?”

I said, “Chris, get on the phone with your Dad. Tell him it is an emergency and to pick up Frank out the front where the bad guy can’t see him. Go to Big Sandy Baptist and tell the Chief that their shooter is in Sam’s house holding a hostage. Tell them to stay off the police radios. He’s wired and hears everything they are saying. Chris— once Frank is away, round up the kids, go upstairs and keep them calm and upstairs. You two, go now.”

With nods of acknowledgement Frank and Chris ran back upstairs.

“Tony, can you handle a gun?”

Tony said, “Probably well enough to be really dangerous to the wrong people.”

Rory said, “I can handle one of the Berettas. Randy has been teaching me.”

“Good. Thanks for being honest Tony. I want you and Rory back upstairs: Rory manning the security office watching the cameras, Tony upstairs with binoculars in the big glass room. There is a pair by the big easy chair that will do. Rory, you are call sign Home Plate. Tony, you are Eyes. Stay off the radio unless you see something we need to know about.”

I handed them both a combat communicator rig and said, “This goes in your ear. Press the button on the side to talk. Got it?”

“Kevin get me an empty gym bag. Find four blank videotapes. Any will do as long as they are in a paper sleeve. Go.”

“Lee, come here.”

Lee approached, and I put a bulletproof vest and a communicator on him. I said, “I would be doing your part. I know you’re a good shot, but I don’t want to ask you to kill a man. Back out of the dock slowly to your right to deep water. Take off slowly and increase speed to about half to two-thirds throttle. Then head toward the floating pontoon in the middle of the bay you’ve seen kids swimming on. I’m going to let go there and set up to take the shot. Approach the dock slowly and be sure not to block my shot. Be cagy about approaching the dock. Are you ok with this?”

Lee nodded and said, “Yeah cuz. Drill that bastard. He sounds like a real creep.”

“OK Lee, you are call sign Bosun.”

Randy said, “What am I supposed to do?”

I handed Randy a scoped Winchester .308 that had killed dozens of deer, a communicator and said, “You are over watch. Look around and make sure we’re only dealing with only one shooter. If there’s another asshole out there in the weeds, he’ll be in that high ground in the swamp where the new community center is going in. You are call sign Long Gun. Get on the balcony near my room on the top floor and stay down.”

Kevin returned with a gym bag and said, “Chris bought a six-pack of blank VHS tapes a few days ago. Frank is on his way to the Chief.”

I handed Roderick a communicator and said, “Brandon knows the escape route from the second floor that can get everybody downstairs fast— it’s in Brandon and Barry’s closet. Let Rory and Tony know if it all falls in the crapper to fall back to the basement. If we fail and this asshole comes looking for us, we can get down here in the basement and button up. You are call sign is… Cowboy. Go!”

“Lance, can you handle a gun?”

Lance said, “I’ve hunted every year since I was seven and have a certificate from the NRA.”

I handed him one of the Beretta M9 pistols, a communicator and two spare magazines. “Your security for the first floor. Cover Marie. You are call sign Bouncer. Go.”

I put on my communications rig, keyed the mike and said, “This is Shooter. Radio check everybody, sound off.”

Home Plate. In position. Cameras clear.”

Bosun.”

Eyes. In position.”

Long Gun, moving.”

Bouncer, moving.”

Cowboy, moving.”

I said to Lee, “Give me two minutes, then take the bag out and go to the boat. The keys are in the ignition. Remember— stay clear of my shot. I need to bag this creep in one.”

Lee nodded, gave me a fist bump and said, “Shoot straight Tim. I don’t want to get too close to him.”

I put the dry bag over my shoulder and headed out of the garage using the parked vehicles as cover and went in the front door of the boat house. I grabbed a boogie board and a sky rope and used the cover of the boat lift to get in the water and tie off the ski rope.

I toggled the talk button and said, “Shooter, in position. Bosun, you’re on. Report Eyes and Long Gun.”

Long Gun, in position. No contact.”

Eyes, no contact.”

Lee came up to the boat carrying the bag. He got aboard; cast off the lines, started the engine and slowly backed away from the dock.

Eyes. I have a contact. There is a man with a scoped rifle back lit by a streetlight just about where you said he would be.”

Long Rifle. I see him too. He’s got a small truck parked on Old Bay Road behind him, so he can shoot and scoot.”

Shooter to Long Gun: once things start, if he makes a move take him out. I’ll be in a blind. That little island will be between me and him, but he could still range on the boat and hostage.”

Long Gun, roger.”

Bosun, I’m throttling up. Hang on.”

I got a grip on the ski line and put my knees on the boogie board. It had been a long time and I had almost forgotten how strong the pull would be, but I was able to hang on and the big Javelin 150 on the Cajun bass boat even at half throttle was good and fast.

Eyes. Contact. I see one guy manhandling a kid coming out the back door of the Rankin house.”

I clicked my mike and said, “Bosun, count five and break left. I’m going to let go.”

Right on time, Lee turned the boat to port and I let go. I had enough momentum to ski right up onto the fixed pontoon and right up on top of a BFS— a big fucking snake. He was not amused and struck but missed because the boogie board was on top of him. I pinned his head to the pontoon with the boogie board and cut it off with my k-bar.

I quickly pulled the rifle case out of the dry bag, set it up on its bi-pod and chambered a round. I acquired the guy in my sights and his face tickled a memory. I knew that face. My Dad had called him the South African. He was holding Aaron in a headlock with an automatic pistol in his other hand.

I rested the crosshairs on his left eye as he raised his gun to point it at Lee who was getting closer to the dock waving the gym bag. I adjusted the drop for 600 yards.

I took a breath, steadied and squeezed the trigger.

The big supersonic 7.62 mm bullet took off at 2,800 feet per second with kinetic energy of 2,560 foot/pounds. It arrived in the target's left eye before he heard the report of the rifle.

The target, also known as Reverend Jeremiah Nobles, froze. He dropped the pistol on the dock as Aaron pulled away, and then he crumpled like a martinet with his strings cut.

Microseconds after I took the shot, I heard the distinct report of another .308 round.

Apparently, the fake preacher had seriously pissed off Aaron as he picked up the automatic pistol and emptied the magazine into him. Whoever he was, he wasn’t going anywhere with the back of his head missing and fourteen or fifteen 9 mm rounds in him.

Shooter to team, subject 1 is down hard. Bosun, retrieve Aaron and pick me up. Let’s go home before anything else happens.”

Long Rifle to team, subject 2 is down. I’m going to get on my radio now.”

Home Plate to team, I’m calling Lakeview police dispatch.”

“Copy that Long Rifle, Home Plate.”

“Cowboy to team, is it over? Is everything all right?”

I answered, “Shooter to team, Aaron is aboard the boat and Bosun is headed my way. This thing looks like it’s over. Good work everybody. Please return any gear to the armory soonest.”

Cowboy (Roderick) may have replied but the cheering in the background drowned out his voice.

Bosun (Lee) picked up Aaron and turned toward me to pick me up off the pontoon. I had just put the sniper rifle back in its case and in the dry bag when they pulled up.

I jumped aboard and my appearance with the black camo on my face, and a six-foot headless water moccasin startled Aaron. It only took him a second to get past my appearance and hug me. He began crying and asked, “Is what he said true? Did he really kill my Mom and Dad?”

“I’m sorry Aaron, but your Dad is dead. Your Mom is probably at the county hospital by now, but it’s serious. Adam is at my house along with a lot of your friends. We’re going to take you to the hospital as soon as we get back to the house.”

The trip back across the bay did not take very long but by the time we arrived at the dock, we could hear approaching police and ambulance sirens. Everyone from inside was waiting, and we were mobbed by the crowd as we debarked off the pier.

None of the kids had seen me go out in the black wetsuit and face paint and I think they were a little unsettled by the sight. I quickly skinned the water moccasin and set the skin out to dry and disposed of the rest before the circus arrived.

Adam and Aaron were surrounded by a cluster of well-wishers and I stepped into the boat house to wash some black camo off my face and peel the top off the wetsuit. Any rubber and latex fetishes aside, I had little use for the wetsuit out of the water. I didn’t get it all off my face but, I looked a little less scary. I left the top half of the wetsuit in the boathouse and went out the front door where a merry circus was beginning with kids and cops and blue & red carnival lights.

I could see that more cops had arrived at the opposite side of the lake to recover the body and whatever could be learned from his car.

Out of the blue Frank nearly ran over me and alternately fussed at me for taking crazy risks and hugged me. What he didn’t know is that the asshole had signed his death warrant when he had threatened Frank and Randy. I was glad to have recovered Aaron Pate, but I didn’t know him yet. Frank and Randy were family and I simply would not have that.

Father Ashley and Chief Dodd appeared, and I said, “I’m sorry. That Noble's guy forced my hand. He gave me twenty minutes and after all the bodies he left to cover his tracks, I couldn’t trust him at all.”

Dodd asked, “You pulled a hostage rescue in less than twenty minutes?”

“Needs must when the devil drives”, Father Ashley said, surprising the hell out of me. But again, I shouldn’t have been. He had been a Marine.

I said, “We had to act quickly and decisively. It was simple as soon as I figured out the only way to get Aaron out of it alive was to put a toe tag on the Reverend.”

Dodd sighed and said, “That’s the way I read it too. I just can’t believe that you guys pulled this off so quickly.”

“It was a basic, no frills plan. Everyone’s role was clearly defined. I knew the team’s strengths and weaknesses. Lee has been in boats since he was in diapers. Randy and I grew up deer hunting. Rory has been working with Randy to learn how the security systems and cameras work. No one had any task too complex or outside their skill set.”

A man in a suit on a humid southern night had to be an FBI agent so when Special Agent Brenner introduced himself and showed his credentials, I wasn’t at all surprised. He looked at me and was communicating with another guy across the lake with a very similar hands free radio set that we had been using.

Home Plate to Shooter.”

I raised my index finger and replied, “Go for Shooter.”

“We’ve got press. Lakeview PD is holding them back at the perimeter.”

“Crap, I should have guessed they would show up. This will be all over the news.”

Brenner shook his head and grinned. “Your team came up with a hostage rescue plan and implemented it in less than twenty minutes?”

“We need to talk Agent Brenner. Let’s take this conversation into the boat house.”

Chief Dodd, Sheriff Hollingsworth and Agent Brenner went into the boat house and I briefed them on the call I had gotten almost as soon as I got off the conference call.

All three of their eyes widened as I explained how “Reverend Nobles” was connected to Andrew Lawrence and what they were really up to. When I told them that they came after me specifically because the Feds thought I had the videotapes Agent Brenner turned pale.

Brenner said, “How did he know what we were thinking?”

I said, “That’s a damned good question. There’s something else even more shocking about Nobles. He called me Little Shep and only people that worked with my father ever call me that. When I got a good look at him and connected the face to the voice I realized that I had seen him before. When I was eight and before my Dad fully retired, he worked with something called the MarSOC or the Marine Special Operation Command.”

Chief Dodd said, “Jesus, he was a spook?”

I nodded and said, “No way to be sure who he was working for. I’m guessing the guy Randy nailed in the swamp was his backup. They were playing a very dangerous game. They were getting this stuff, so they would have leverage over key politicians.”

Brenner said, “That’s what we’ve been chasing. It could have been the Soviets, organized crime or, even rogue operators from inside our alphabet agencies.”

I asked, “Is Lawrence talking at all?”

Chief Dodd said, “Not without a lawyer, and he’s not saying anything we don’t already know.”

I said, “Tying his operation to Nobles may give you leverage. I lost track of Andrew when I left for college, and he finally showed back up right after Dad died— almost two years ago. This Nobles character has done this twice that we know of and maybe even a third time. I wonder if Andrew was their pimp all along. They may have already run this little operation in the areas that he has been in.”

Sheriff Hollingsworth said, “Christ, what a can of worms.”

Brenner said, “What about the tapes?”

I said, “If the tapes found their way to me, I would destroy them. If they get out, it puts a bullseye on my kids. They don’t need that after everything else they’ve been through.”

Dodd said, “He’s right. Nobody can have those tapes. They’re so hot they’re radioactive. The tapes will destroy powerful people and anybody who gets in the middle of that will be killed.”

Detective Monroe entered the boathouse and said, “You put a round through his left eye at six hundred yards?”

“He was aiming his weapon at my cousin driving the boat. At that point, I trusted the water moccasin I had to kill on the pontoon more than I trusted Nobles.”

Sheriff Hollingsworth said, “Everything I’ve seen and heard so far makes this a good shoot. Phil, Agent. Brenner, Detective Monroe: do you concur?”

Chief Dodd said, “Yes, I would have liked to have had him alive, but he called the play by taking a hostage.”

Brenner nodded reluctantly and Monroe said, “Mr. Shepherd and his crew reacted faster and more decisively than any of us could have.”

Chief Dodd said, “We’ve got the press here, and I have to tell them something.”

I said, “Remember how we handled the press on the Dalton case?”

Dodd nodded and said, “Nobles was fleeing town after committing multiple murders and got into a hostage situation. One of the boy’s friends’ fathers took him out before he could hurt anyone else.”

Monroe chuckled and said, “It has the virtue of being true, and we don’t have to reveal any on our hold cards.”

I asked, “Do we know anything about Nobles backup?”

Monroe pulled a little notebook out of his pocket and said, “His name is Wayne Crenshaw. He was active in the Sandy Hills Church. He worked for the Post Office and, what a coincidence, arrived in Lakeview two years ago last month.”

Monroe’s radio chirped, and he answered, “Go for Delta Mike.”

“Delta Mike, this is Delta Yankee. Can we get the sheriff’s crime scene guys to the truck on Old Bay Road? It’s got some fascinating stuff under the Tonto cover.”

Detective Monroe looked a question to the Sheriff who nodded and picked up his radio and made a call.

Monroe replied, “Delta Mike to Delta Yankee, they are on the way.”

I said, “Chief Dobbs: we need to get the Pate boys over to the hospital. That’s where we were heading before Nobles called with this side show.”

Dobbs said, “Father Ashley is taking care of that. He took Frank and a couple of the boy's friends to support them. I’d like for you to stay close if you don’t mind. You would have to run a gauntlet of reporters.”

I said, “That’s a duty I’d gladly let someone else handle. I need some rack time.”

Sheriff Hollingsworth said, “Try to keep the kids close too with the press around.”

I asked, “How long do you think you’ll need to be on-site?’

Dobbs said, “Here? Not for long. We’ll be about an hour at the Rankin house and the swamp, but the Big Sandy parsonage will be an all-nighter. That’s one of the worst crime scenes I’ve ever seen.”

Monroe said, “I’m heading across the bay and then back to the parsonage Chief.”

I gathered the top part of the wetsuit, the rifle in the dry bag and left the boathouse. By the time I headed back to the house, all the guys were all inside except for Matthew, Chase, Eric and Bart who were waiting for me on the garage.

I said, “It’s good to see you guys.”

Bart blushed and said, “Is it always this exciting here?”

“No, thank God. Tonight was just weird. The cops will be packing up soon, and we can get back to the party.”

Matthew said, “I was afraid we would have to go when this all blew up.”

“No, I’ve wanted to introduce you to my hoard for a while now. Some construction is going to mess things up at the park this week, and you can hang out with my guys while it’s closed. Besides, I wanted to show off my new addition in the basement.”

Bart said, “Matthew was telling me about that.”

They followed me into the basement and Chase asked, “What will happen to Aaron and Adam?”

I said, “I don’t know. I hope they end up here or maybe with one of their friends families. They seem like nice kids, but I’ve got a lot going on.”

Matthew said, “No kidding. You must like kids. You’ve got quite the collection.”

I opened the door to Dad’s armory and began putting things up and said, “One of the things that bugged me about being gay was not having a traditional family. I had friends and hook-ups like most young gay men, but something was missing. So, when I had the opportunity to create a family, I took it. My Mom and Dad both came from big farm families and some of my fondest memories growing up was from being a part of that. So far, it has worked out really well. There’s always somebody around for you. You don’t have to be alone with all the doubts and fears that go with just being a teenager or young adult.”

When I had almost everything put up, I peeled off the lower half of the wetsuit and heard a little gasp and a chuckle behind me.

Bart said, “I never thought I’d meet someone with a charisma that’s at least a natural twenty.”

I was in boxers and about to put on the jeans I had discarded before our improvised hostage rescue. I turned around and asked, “What does that mean?”

Chase rolled his eyes and said, “That’s geek-speak for he thinks you are hot.”

Matthew said, “There’s more to charisma than that Chase. It’s not just looks. It’s how you attract followers and how loyal they’ll be.”

I said, “I’m completely lost.”

Bart said, “In D&D to create a character you roll three six-sided dice to generate six basic attributes: strength, dexterity, intelligence, wisdom, constitution and charisma. That’s a number between three and eighteen. Charisma is a combination of things like your looks, how persuasive you are, how well you get along with people and leadership.”

I asked, “If eighteen is the max, what does it mean when you say I have a charisma of twenty?”

Matthew chuckled and said, “You don’t even know how attractive you are.”

Bart said, “With a twenty charisma, you could start a religion or a revolution, and it would probably be successful. People want to follow you.”

Chase said, “We’ve talked to the guys. You hadn’t even met Aaron and you went into action immediately when you found out, he was in trouble. It was the same for Cole and Barry. You are for real and we want in.”

“You’re already in”, I said as I pulled on my jeans.

Bart asked, “There no sexually humiliating initiations or rituals?”

I shook my head and grinned. “If you insist on one, I guess we can figure something out but, I’m not really into the humiliation thing. Come on. Let me show you my dungeon.”

They followed me out of the armory and down the hall to the room I had set up all the bondage goodies. I read the little booklet on S&M for beginners I had gotten from Madam Divine in my copious spare time and had a few things in mind that fell more in line with me not really being a sadist. It turns out you can torture people with pleasure if you just knew how.

I opened the door to the room and turned on the floor lamps with the faux-torchlight bulbs. The Play-Pen was in the middle of the room and took up considerable space as it had a stock, a sling and even a cage all built into the thing very much like a kid's swing set. On the walls were adjustable manacles, so I could put my victims against the wall and have their arms at different heights.

Bart said, “This is much better than that old shed we’ve been using.”

Matthew said, “Central air, no mosquitos or uninvited guests. This will be a lot more fun.”

Chase surprised me as he walked around the room, touched the chains and said, “It’s a little scary but, it turns me on a little.”

Eric said, “You like this?”

Chase said, “I don’t know. Maybe it’s like crawfish. They don’t look that appealing until you try them.”

I said, “Like crawfish, it has to be done right to be any good. Let’s head upstairs and see if we can get our party back on track.”

 

We found everyone in the party room and, much to my surprise and relief, Maria had slept through the whole thing. Brian and Lance were parked on the sofa, and we had people sitting on the floor. Almost everyone was wearing Speedos except our guests from across the bay. As soon as they arrived, Jeb took them aside and said, “Let’s get this thing going before it gets too late.”

I looked around and saw that the guys who had played a part in rescuing Aaron had little clumps around them. Good for Lee. He deserved a victory lap. There’s no doubt in my mind that by driving the boat he had probably saved me from getting shot. Killing me and getting his tapes would have been a win-win for Nobles or whoever he really was. He would have accomplished his objective and silenced a witness who knew too much.

I had Tony and Chris join me in the hall and told them that since we were missing Frank and Randy, we were going to have to improvise. I asked Tony to go in and get the introductions started with the guys who had joined the group since our last meeting. I would run, change and be back shortly.

When I returned, Steven was introducing himself, “Me and my bud Cory here were drunk and high hanging out at the park and followed this really hot guy home. It turned out our parents knew him and were glad someone who wasn’t stupid was looking out for us.”

Cory added, “So we were like a couple of lost puppies that followed Tim home, and he fed us, was nice to us, and he kept us.”

There was laughter and Rory spoke up next, “I was there that night. Many people treated Steven and Cory badly. Not Tim. I watched how he treated people and knew he was something special. I told him about my alcoholic father and how shitty it was to live with him and the next day Randy confronted him. My genius Dad took a swing at him, so he got a choice: give me up or go to jail for assaulting a police officer. I can’t tell you how much better it has been here without having to worry about what kind of drunk Dad was going to have. Happy drunk and passed out drunk were my favorites. Mean and abusive drunk, not so much.”

JJ said, “Me and Scott used to hang out at the park and had seen Tim around. Then we started hearing stuff about him. We thought we would be brilliant and go see if we could catch a glimpse of him. Little did we know we were hip deep in the worst poison ivy patch ever. Luckily, for us Tim and Steven saw us and rescued us from that mess.”

Scott took over and said, “Tim covered us in some kind of goop that would keep us from breaking out in the damned stuff, showered it off us and probably saved our whole summer. It turned out to be a trick by our parents. They, too, knew Tim and had dropped hints that we should try to meet him. They have insane schedules and would be gone all the time and staying here made all kinds of sense. We were latch key kids and that sucked. Being here, you’re never alone it’s a lot of fun.”

Lee said, “I’ve known Tim all my life. When he gave me a chance to get off the farm and see the rest of the world and get to know Jeb, I jumped on it.”

Tony said, “The chance to get off the farm or jump Jeb?”

There was laughter and Lee said, “Both. I’m still really new here but so far, it has been a lot of fun and much more exciting than I expected.”

I said, “I asked Lee to take on the most dangerous part of our plan to rescue Aaron from that lunatic preacher. He performed brilliantly.”

There was applause. Lee blushed and Jeb put his arms around him. Jeb spoke softly in Lee’s ear and Lee smiled.

Matthew said, “We met Tim the other day. We were playing live action D&D, and we were dressed in robes and had a little guy who was going to be sacrificed in the game. Tim burst in and put himself between us and the kid who was going to be sacrificed without knowing what was really going on.”

Bart said, “Tim is a rare sort. He’s a hero. He puts himself between people in peril and danger. If we were living in medieval times, he would be a knight or a prince bashing black knights and saving princesses or princes. He just has this charisma about him that makes you want to be around him.”

Chris spoke up and said, “You aren’t the first person who noticed that. In fact, that sounds a lot like a conversation I had with Tim at Arrowhead Lodge.”

Tony pulled one of the bottles of sangria out of the mini-fridge and said, “I’ll drink to that.” He cracked the seal, pulled the cork and said, “To our prince. No, he’s more of a duke. To our duke.” He raised the bottle and took a drink and passed it to Chris.

Chance said, “Tim and Randy caught me and Eric fooling around in the park. He was cool enough to invite me to bring my car over to troubleshoot its electrical problems.”

Roderick said, “I met Tim a little over a year ago. His truck broke down in front of my Aunt’s house, and he used our phone to call a tow. He had some of my Aunt’s barbecue and to make a long story short, he financed building her smoke house and put us in business. He befriended me and my younger brothers James who is here and Marcus who wasn’t home. He got us all out of my Uncle’s mess when the cops busted him for selling weed and offered us a spot working at the Game Zone. We’re all looking forward to it.”

James said, “Marcus is going to kick himself for missing this.”

Brian said, “I think I was next. I met Tim at the park the day before yesterday, I think. I was talking shit to some guys trying to score a blow job and Tim appeared out of nowhere and said you might do better if you asked nicer. Then he told me what I was doing and why I was doing it, and it floored me. He read me like a book. When I realized what I was doing, I apologized for being an asshole to people who should have been my friends. Things changed for the better almost instantly until my old man caught me with another guy late last night. I think you guys know about the rest of that story. Tim said everything was going to be all right and so far, it’s looking pretty good.”

Larry said, “Me and my buds Jeff and Tyler were hanging out in the park after it closed and Tim showed up. He talked to us all, but he listened more than he talked. Then he asked us all what we wanted. He listened to us all and then told us how we could get it. Then we figured our he was the one who nailed that creep who tried to grab Barry and Cole. I decided that he was somebody I wanted to get to know better.”

Jeff said, “It’s weird how it seems like he can look right in your head and see the little hamster wheels in turning.”

Several people chuckled and Toby said, “So I’m not the only one that’s thought that.”

Larry said, “I thought Tim was making fun of me when he said that I reminded him of himself at my age. I think he said he was all boner, muscles and hormones. He nailed me with that one.”

Chris shifted on the couch and said, “Tim is one of us. He grew up here within a short walk to the park. I think almost everybody here has seen him and knew his face. My father knew Tim’s father since before either of us were born. I’ve seen him around since I was little. I’ll wait until Frank is here to tell the story of how we met but, we went out to eat at Smokey’s where I saw Tony for the first time in almost four years. When he found out that we had been boyfriends, Tony had to move away, and we lost touch, Tim took us back to pick up Tony after work.” Chris wiped away a tear.

Tony took his hand and continued the story, “Tim…” Tony swallowed hard and said, “Tim got us back together, offered me a job and took me in. He said we just found you for Chris. We can’t lose you again. Later, he tracked down my Mom and just today, he moved her in to be our cook and housekeeper. That’s how Tim is.”

Kevin said, “When Tim was teaching me to drive, he told me something about love: take what you need, give more than you take and leave them better off. It sounds elementary, but it’s really a challenge when you think about it.”

I said, “That was originally about campsites. I just think it works pretty well for love too. This is getting a little heavy for a party but, I’ll tell you what this is about. Like Chris pointed out, I grew up like you and I know what it’s like. Unlike many of you, I grew up in a big extended family with lots of cousins, aunts and uncles who were always around. That’s what I’m trying to build for you here. Here, you’ve got friends around. There’s always someone to play with, talk to or just hang out with. The worst part of being a gay teen that I remember is feeling like I was the only one. You’re not. You don’t have to be alone.”

There was a murmur as several private conversations started, and I looked at Jeff and asked, “Does that sound like something you new guys would be interested in?”

Chris spoke up and said, “Tim has daily activities set up for us. We get two hours in the gym, stuff that changes every day. Even more important, he’s even got a doctor who tested all of us to be sure none of us carry AIDS and will tell you how to avoid catching it. We’re about to open the Game Zone, so there will be plenty of work.”

Lance said, “When Kevin and I first showed up, I thought it was a cult, but I was ready to join anyway. It’s no cult. It’s been great for me. I’m confident that we’re about to burn some herb but, it’ll be the first I’ve had in days. I used to smoke out all the time because I was bored. I’m not bored anymore.”

We loaded up the hooka and all took a few drags of the good weed liberated from Andrew’s stash and passed the bottles of sangria around until it was gone. I had a quick huddle with Chris and Tony and shared my plan. We were too large for one big group, so we needed to split up. The three senior members would take one group each for fun and games. The three of us stepped into the hall and beckoned the group to follow us into the hall one at a time.

As the guys came out, we picked our teams. As a bewildered Toby came out, I hugged him, Tony hugged him and Chris hugged him. Chris said, “This one is mine.”

Jeb was next and all three hugged him and Tony selected him.

Kevin was next; after getting the required hugs, I picked him.

James came out, got his hugs and was picked by Chris.

Roderick came out and got picked by Tony.

Barry came out and I picked him.

When the teams were finally chosen, I had Kevin, Barry, Matthew, Bart, Jeff and Larry.

Tony’s team was Roderick, Jeb, Lance, Lee, Steven, Chance, Tyler and Scott.

Chris had Toby, Brandon, JJ, Cory, James, Rory, Eric and Jo-Jo.

Brian wobbled out last. The three of us gently hugged him but, it was clear he wasn’t up for fun and games. I took him to his bed, gave him a couple of his pills and sat with him for a few minutes.

I said, “I’m sorry that you are out of it tonight. Be thinking of something you enjoy that we can do together.”

He grinned and said, “I can think of quite a few things.”

I asked, “Do you think you might feel like going out to run a few trot lines tomorrow?”

He said, “That’ll work for a start.”

Lance entered the room and asked me, “Would you mind if I just stayed with Brian?”

Brian said, “I would. You go have fun.I'm going to take another pain pill and crash.”

 

I huddled up with the team leaders in the hall and said, “You guys have ideas for what you are going to do?”

Chris said, “We’re going to do some team building stuff you taught us at Arrowhead Lodge and then, Brandon and Toby have been telling me about a game called pearl diver that sounds like fun.”

Tony said, “We’re going to pull names out of a hat and pair up guys at random for a seven-minutes-in-heaven type thing. What are you going to do boss?”

I said, “I’ve got the guys who expressed an interest in playing in the dungeon.”

Chris giggled and said, “I didn’t know you were kinky.”

“I’m not really”, I protested. “They’re curious and know I won’t be mean. Let’s remember to keep it quiet and not wake up Maria.”

 

I gathered my group, and we set out for the basement and I found Barry at my elbow. He asked quietly, “I’m not kinky, why did you pick me Tim?”

I put my arm around his shoulder and said just as quietly, “Might you be interested in some charming horny guys oiled up and teased to the very brink Little Bear?”

Barry said, “Ohhh. I get it. This will be fun.”

My little group made it to the basement and I took them into the spare bedroom where Brandon and I had chatted earlier to get comfortable. I asked Bart to have a word with me in the hall.

Bart came into the hall with a quizzical look on his face. I grabbed him and gave him a big hug. He responded and began kissing my neck, and we ground our crotches together.

Then I asked him as he gasped for breath in my arms, “So, you didn’t think I really meant it when I invited you over?”

Bart said, “Low self-esteem can really be self-defeating sometimes.”

“It’s good that you see that. I like you Bart. I mean it. There was a reason beyond groping you that I wanted to speak with you. You know a lot more about role playing than I do, and I wanted to consult you before we get started.”

Bart smiled and asked, “What did you have in mind?”

I grinned and said, “I am a Sultan and you Europeans were shipwrecked in my territory. The Sultan wishes to taste your pleasures, err I mean question you in my dungeon to decide if I want to ransom you or allow you to join my harem. Barry and Larry are my minions. They will assist me. ”

Bart nodded and said, “This sounds like fun and I give you props for your historical knowledge. This sort of thing happened numerous times until Thomas Jefferson sent the Marines after the Barbary Pirates. I doubt those captives would have enjoyed the pirate’s hospitality as much as I expect we will enjoy yours.”

“No doubt about that. Get together with your fellow captives and brief them. Send me my minions and let us know when you are ready. Be sure to ask them to take a leak before they begin.”

Bart nodded and said, “Can do. Give us both a few minutes to huddle up with our teams, and then we can start. Will it be that scary?”

“Not really but I think it’ll be a first for most of them.”

 

 

Bart wasn’t gone long before Barry and Larry appeared, looking excited.

Larry asked, “So, what are we going to do?”

I put an arm around both of my minions and said, “Here’s what I have in mind…” As I talked to them, they grinned, and added new ideas. They got the idea of role playing quickly. They also had plenty of ideas of what to do to our victims. To their credit, they didn’t get mean.

I surprised them when I gave them white bathrobes to serve as an Arabic dishdasha and fashioned the traditional ghutra headdress with red towels and a black band to hold them in place. We would surprise our role players, and my two minions were cuter than usual. I, too, got into the act by putting on a robe and, being a royal, my headdress was purple.

They followed me into the dungeon where I had the supplies we were going to use: towels, oils, warm water and a few other goodies. We talked through our plans and I promised my minions that when we were done, we would have a little time together in the sauna. When we had our plans finalized, I sent my two minions to gather our first victim.

 

Barry and Larry opened the door to the room where our victims were staying. Larry said, “The Sultan is ready to see you now. I advise you to be polite.” He pointed at Jeff and said, “You, come with us now.”

Jeff stood, looking a little bewildered, rose and left the room. Barry closed the doors and Barry and Larry each took him by one arm and led him to the dungeon. They sat him on a bench and put his hands over his head and chained him up.

I stood in front of him and said, “Don’t be afraid young sailor. You are not in the hands of pirates or bandits. You will not be harmed.”

Jeff asked nervously, “UMM, why am I here?”

“I must decide. I may ransom you back to the British at Alexandria or, you may elect to join us. Before we decide, we would like to show you our hospitality. I understand that with some Christians, it is a custom to wash the feet of their friends. I believe we will start there.”

Jeff eyes registered surprise when I produced a pan of warm water and began by washing his feet very gently and then drying them with a towel. Then I applied warmed Hawaiian Tropic oil to his feet and gently massaged them. Jeff practically purred with contentment and his Speedos began to bulge.

When I was done, I blotted any excess oil from his feet with a towel and said, “Now we must ritually cleanse you before we can go any further.”

We stood Jeff up and removed his Speedos, so he was standing with the chains holding his hands above his head. The three of us used sponges with warm water and washed his from the neck down. Then we dried him with towels. Then the fun part began.

The three of us began to rub the warmed oil all over him and the quivered with pleasure. He was fully erect and a big dollop of pre-cum was on the tip of his cock. We took our time with the oil massaging it in and no spot was left untouched. Barry oiled his cock and balls while I oiled his cute ass. He gasped and a time or two as we hit sensitive areas, but his eyes were closed and moaning with pleasure.

Once we had oiled him up and had him near quivering in delight, we blotted his skin with a towel where there was excess.

I rubbed his chest and nipples and said, “There are things good Muslim men are forbidden to do, and it is only allowed with an infidel. You are a beautiful young man and I would have you in my harem where we could enjoy many forbidden pleasures. I will not force you to join. It is your decision.”

I allowed my hand to go lower onto his abs. With the other, I began to rub his ass and Jeff was obviously in a state. I gently rubbed his balls, and played with his ass and he gasped for breath.

Jeff said in a breathy voice, “You may have me my Sultan.”

I said, “Good. Good. Now you are one of mine and shall know my love and loyalty.”

I continued to bring him closer and closer until he was hurting to cum. He moaned and sighed, and I noticed several drops of pre-cum on the floor under him.

When I judged the time was right, Barry went down on him as I kissed him. Jeff came so hard I thought he’d pulled a muscle or something.

Jeff joined us in the dungeon to work on the next victim who happened to be Kevin. Kevin was already hard when he entered the room. The chains and faux torchlight already had him going. With four of us working on him, he didn’t last very long and came like a fire hydrant when Larry went down on him. He, too, joined us making the process of the dungeon go faster.

Next came Bart, and he really got off on it. I had to be careful not to make him cum too fast. When he joined my harem, I did the honors and gave him a trembling, powerful orgasm.

Kevin was next, and we gave him the full treatment.

Finally, it was Matthew's turn and I think being the center of attention is what got him the hottest. As a nerd, but an adorable one, he had never been in the middle of this much attention. When Barry finished him he all but exploded.

Matthew said, “Chance would love this.”

I said, “Knowing what Tony’s group is up too, he might want to wait for another night. Now my harem, everybody had fun?”

The consensus was yes. There were tips for next time. We toweled off and put what little we were wearing back on. Most of the group headed back upstairs to the party room. Barry and Larry stayed behind to clean up.

We did put things up and made a pile for laundry but the three of us headed to the sauna where my minions got their rewards. The three of us piled in and slipped out of our Speedos and were wearing nothing but a towel.

We flipped a coin and Barry went first, and I gave him a hot oil rub down. As I worked his back, I said, “The time you’ve spent and Gunny Ander’s Gym has been well spent. You are shaping up nicely Little Bear.”

He sighed and said, “This is heaven. I’ve had a thing about saunas since I saw a porn tape called the Steam Room.”

I said, “Saunas and steam baths aren’t the same thing.”

Barry answered, “I think I’d like any place with hot naked guys in it.”

Larry laughed and said, “Me too. Just watching this is giving me a boner.”

Barry said, “Wait till your turn. It’s spectacular. The stories about Tim’s magic hands are all true.”

I worked my way down Barry’s legs, and they had definitely tightened up. The real improvement was only evident when he turned over on his back. Much of the baby fat around his middle and legs had melted away replaced by stronger stuff. His dick was standing up and reached his “outie” navel.

Larry said, “You’re looking good.”

Barry gave a breathy, “Thanks” as I worked around his chest and arms.

As I worked beside him, Barry grabbed my cock and massaged it from quarter to half-mast. When I stood over him to get his to belly and, the prize was in reach, he raised his head and got a good taste.

Larry said, “He’s…”

I said, “Opps. Sorry, Barry.”

His only reply was a thumbs-up.

Everyone has their erogenous zones and I discover Larry’s when I got to his legs. He was already well turned on. When I got to his thighs, he writhed in pleasure. I think he was actually purring when I massaged his feet.

Larry seemed to be getting more and more excited as I worked on Barry. Finally, he said, “Barry, How would you like for me to finish you?”

Barry grinned up at him and said, “It getting about that time.”

Larry went down on Barry and after all the festivities; he got off like a Roman candle. He lay there panting and said, “Damn Larry, you’re good at that.”

He blushed and said, “I freak myself out sometimes at how much I like it. It’s a rush to make a friend feel good like that.”

Barry sat up and hugged Larry.

Larry looked a little confused and asked, “What?”

Barry said, “You called me a friend. I like that… a lot. If Tim doesn’t mind, I’ll show you how much.”

I said, “Sounds like Larry is in for a real treat.”

I gave Larry the hot oil rub down and, Larry found out how gifted Barry really was.

 

Barry and Larry headed back upstairs and to bed. I went out to see how Chris’s group was faring and ran into Jo-Jo heading inside. He looked very drowsy.

I whispered, “You tired?”

He nodded and said, “I’m never up this late, and I’ve never smoked grass that good.”

I opened my arms and said, “Come here buddy.”

I collected Jo-Jo in my arms, and he put his head on my shoulder. I think he was asleep by the time I made it to the stairs. I took him upstairs, put him on my bed and pulled the sheets over him. Frank’s cat must have approved of Jo-Jo. He rolled up in a ball beside Jo-Jo head on the pillow. Once I had Jo-Jo settled, I walked down to the party room. Tony’s group was mixed with a few of mine. They were all yawning, so I herded them off to their rooms and opened up a couple of empty rooms for our guests. Matthew’s bunch took up two rooms and I corralled Kelly who was softly snoring on the couch and parked him in my room by Jo-Jo.

He looked at me and said, “This is your room.”

I said, “I’m going to the hospital and see how Aaron and Adam are doing. I’ll be back early in the morning, and we might go out on the lake, weather permitting. Did you have fun?”

Kelly said, “You know I’m shy, and you threw me in the deep end.”

I grinned and said, “Yes I did. You needed it.”

He protested, “I’ve never really been with anyone with Jo-Jo, and tonight I made out with Jeb, Lance, Tyler and Steven.”

“Do you regret it?”

He grinned sheepishly and said, “Only the blue balls.”

“You didn’t…”

“I wanted to but…”

“You love Jo-Jo.”

He nodded.

“I don’t blame you. Jo-Jo is a rare one.”

Kelly said, “I wouldn’t want to do anything to hurt him.”

I reached down, stroked Jo-Jo’s hair, gave Frank’s kitten a pat and said, “I can understand why. He is precious and, so are you.”

Kelly looked surprised and said, “Me?”

I said, “Yes. You are. Have you got a minute? I’ll tell you why I threw you in the deep water.”

Kelly followed me down to the big glass room. It was dark, and we sat on the sofa overlooking the lake with the muted sounds of crickets and frogs in the background.

Kelly sighed and said, “I think I know. You wanted me to connect with guys my age.”

“That’s only part of it Kelly. You and Jo-Jo complement each other. He needs a big brother, and you need to mature some. You have known for a while you’re gay haven’t you?”

He nodded.

“You’ve been hiding inside yourself and missing out on the learning and growing that relationships provide. When Jo-Jo popped out of those stalls and offered you a BJ while you were rubbing one out, you were starving to connect with someone, weren’t you?”

Kelly said, “I haven’t talked about it but when I was in sixth grade, a cousin and I used to do stuff. There came a day when he didn’t want to anymore but, I did. I wasn’t sure exactly what it was, but boys made me hard. I wanted to but then came seventh grade, and I found out why nobody wants to be a queer in junior high.”

I asked, “Do you think that was Jo-Jo’s first time?”

Kelly chuckled and said, “No. He’s a horny little pup. He’s told me about some of his friends, and I don’t begrudge him and Adam or Tommy getting together.”

I said, “So you are setting yourself to a higher standard?”

He was quiet for a moment and said, “I know I’m older than Jo-Jo. If we were twenty-six and twenty-two, no one would bat an eye. We’re twelve and sixteen, and I have to be cautious not to hurt him.”

I said, “Good. That’s why I didn’t pound you when I caught you two. I could tell that Jo-Jo and you are crazy about each other. Of the guys you made out with tonight, which one was the hottest?”

Kelly said, “That easy. Jeb. We had to stop, or we would have both cum. Lance was lots of fun, and Tyler wanted to. I would have never guessed that Steven was gay. I’ve known him a long time, and we get along really well. ”

I said, “Three of those guys have boyfriends and one of them insisted he play the games. It’s for fun and you guys to get to know each other. You got to make out with four exceptional guys tonight.”

“It was a lot of fun. Are all your parties this hot?”

I grinned and said, “With this crowd, if we were shelling peas somebody would get off. You know I like you and Jo-Jo, and I’m trying to protect you both?”

Kelly leaned against me and said, “Don’t think that we haven’t noticed.”

I put my arm around Kelly and said, “Of the two of you, I think it’s you who needs the most protection.”

He looked surprised and said, “Why me?”

I chuckled and said, “Being gay is still a little terrifying to you, isn’t it.”

He nodded sadly, and I said, “That fear goes with feeling alone. Here, with me and my guys, you don’t have to feel so alone Kelly. I don’t expect you to be the life of the party overnight but, this is a place with the right people where you can grow up a little.”

Kelly didn’t exactly answer. He just hugged me harder.

I said, “I know you are by yourself a lot with your Mom’s 14on/14off schedule. If you want, you are welcome to stay with us some. Of course Jo-Jo is welcome too.”

Kelly shook with sobs. I pulled him into my lap and hugged him, and he put his head on my shoulder. It wasn’t long before his breaths became regular, and I felt him relax.

Holding him in my lap, I was astonished by how light he really was. He was all skin, bone and muscle with nothing in the way of padding. I doubted if he was a hundred twenty pounds soaking wet. Kelly was tall, very thin and under the right conditions, had plenty of room to grow. I picked him up easily, carried him back to my room and gently parked him beside Jo-Jo.”

Jeb saw us in the hall, followed and asked quietly, “Is he all right?”

I said, “They’re not used to being up this late.”

Jeb followed me out into the hall and said, “You are leaving them in your bed?”

“Yeah, I’m going to catch up with Frank at the hospital, but I’ll be back early in the morning. How do you like them?”

Jeb smiled and said, “Everybody loves Jo-Jo. He’s a force of nature like a cute tornado. I can tell Kelly is really shy but, I like him.”

I said, “Kelly is about where you were when you joined our merry band.”

Jeb asked sadly, “That bad?”

“Very few friends, his single Mom works offshore, so she is 14on/14off, and he loves Jo-Jo.”

Jeb said, “Is there anything I can do to help?”

“He likes you Jeb. Be his friend: that’ll go a long way, and I think you’ll get a lot out of it.”

Jeb nodded and said, “I can do that. By the way, we heard about the game you ran. Can I join your harem?”

“Next time Jeb, if Lee will allow it.”

“Are you kidding? He wants to join too.”

 

I found Tony in his room and told him of my plans to catch up with Frank. After a quick shower and change, I stopped in the office off the kitchen. I paged Randy, and he was at the hospital with Frank and the Pate boys. Mrs. Pate was in critical condition. Much to both of our surprise, Judge Vinson was also there. Her niece was critically injured in what the news was already calling the Parsonage Massacre. I told Randy that we still had a room at the Hampton Inn, and I would be over as soon as possible to get everybody settled in for the night.

I did a run through the house and almost everyone was in bed. Chris’s group had come in and had gotten settled. As Cole was gone, Larry was staying with Toby and Barry. Brandon and James were already asleep. Bart, Matthew, Chance and Eric were all piled into an empty room down the hall from the party room. I caught up with Chris who was chatting with Scott and Tyler and let him know that I was going to catch up with Frank. By the time I rolled out of the driveway it was a little before 2am.

As I drove into the county towards Rivervine and DeKalb, the news on the radio at two am was grim.

In our top story of the hour: eight people are dead in Lakewood, including the gunman, when a preacher opened fire at his parsonage after he was confronted by his deacons over financial and sexual improprieties. One of the dead was a Sheriff’s Deputy who was about to arrest Nobles. Nobels was shot through the eye by a local father after taking a Lakeview youth hostage. We will have more on this story as it develops. Lakeview police Commissioner Dodd said, “Don’t mess with our kids in Lakeview. If we don’t get you, the parents will”.

I shook my head and drove the Toyota through the clear starry night. On the way into town, I looked around to see anything was open late night for food. There was an IHOP just down the way from the Hampton Inn.

I made a quick stop by the Hampton Inn and found the key card still opened the door, and the room had been cleaned up since we had left. I went by the office and extended our stay, so we would have it until Monday.

I arrived at the hospital about three o’clock and entered through the Emergency Room. The deputy sheriff on duty in the ER was expecting me. He handed me a visitor badge and gave me directions up to the critical care waiting room on the third floor.

When I arrived, the critical care unit waiting room was crowded. The room was full of angry, grieving and tired people. They all looked dreadful, and Frank and Randy were no different. They had dark circles under their eyes and looked exhausted. They were all packed on a couch: Adam was asleep in Randy’s lap with Tommy and Alan on either side. Frank was in the middle with his arm around Aaron and Cole was on the end. They were all sleeping or close to it.

Before I could approach them, Judge Vinson blindsided me with an enthusiastic hug I wasn’t expecting and said, “Thank you, Tim. If that bastard had gotten any further, there is no doubt in my mind there would have been more bloodshed.”

When I turned, she looked much older than she had when I had met her for lunch. Her face was lined with grief and her eyes were red and puffy.

I said, “I had no choice Mam. After everything that lunatic had done, there was no trusting him to keep his word.”

She said, “I’ve been watching your family over there, and I am impressed. I understand better what you said earlier today about how the kids take care of each other. Can you handle two more?”

“Aaron and Adam? I have quite a herd, but it’s a good herd. Most of my kids know them and like them. I’d be honored to take care of them.”

Judge Vinson said, “Then I grant you temporary custody, at least until we can untangle this mess. This is a nightmare. That maniac killed my son-in-law and may have made my grandchildren orphans. I’ve talked to Commissioner Dodd and Sheriff Hollingsworth— you had twenty minutes to rescue Aaron and you and your boys pulled it off. I’m very impressed with you Mr. Shepherd. I daresay your father would be very proud.”

Others in the room had become aware of the conversation and there was some poking and pointing as people woke up and overheard the Judge.

A little girl got up and pulled on my sleeve and asked, “Sir, did you kill the man who hurt my daddy?”

I knelt on one knee and said, “Yes I did. I couldn’t take the chance that he would hurt anybody else.”

The little girl hugged me and said, “You’re a hero.”

I hugged her back awkwardly and said, “Killing people doesn’t make you a hero. It had to be done. I didn’t want to do it but, he had a gun on that blond boy on the couch over there. I wasn’t going to let him hurt anybody else.”

An old man sitting nearby said, “Son, you saved us all a lot of angst. Had he been caught, there would have been a trial. He might have gotten off as a lunatic, as he most certainly was. He might have been sent to prison or death row for many years. By sending him off, you did us a great kindness. We have nothing to cope with but the grief and recovery.”

Mrs. Jackson, a science teacher I had in junior high, said, “Timmy, we know you. Most of us knew your parents. You didn’t shoot that nutcase because you wanted to. You shot him because it was the right thing to do. There’s no doubt in my mind that you stopped more bloodshed.”

Randy appeared and said, “Dr. Roberts has my pager number. Let’s get everybody to the hotel where we can get some sleep.”

I made my way over to Frank, and we collected the kids. We filed out of the Critical Care waiting room and made our way downstairs. I asked if anyone was hungry, but Frank just shook his head. Randy drove the van and I followed in my car to the Hampton Inn.

We got into the room and everyone was exhausted. I grabbed Frank into a hug, and he leaned against me.

He spoke into my ear, “This was an epic crap-fest.”

“I’m sorry. I couldn’t do this with the press, police, sheriff department and Feds all over the place.”

Frank said, “I’ve got to lie down. This was exhausting, and you need to have a word with Aaron and Adam. Their mother… will probably never wake up. Dr. Roberts told me that if she does live, she’ll probably be in a permanent vegetative state. He’s told the boys but wasn’t as frank about it with them.”

I said, “I love you so much. You showed me that I fell for the right guy the way you stepped up tonight… or this morning.”

Frank got right in my ear and said, “Once I asked if you thought we should have kids, and I love them. You make an excellent Dad. Now… maybe we should stop at thirty?”

I had to laugh or kiss him, so I opted to kiss him. Frank wandered into one of the suites and collapsed on the bed. Randy went in the other room and I found myself on the big couch with Aaron, Adam, Cole, Alan and Tommy.

I said, “Please forgive me guys. I’m too tired to be completely rational. Judge Vinson was in the waiting room, and she gave me temporary custody of Arron and Adam.”

For the first time in a while, the boys all seemed to relax and Alan said, “Yes!”

“I know you’re all tired and need to get some sleep. All of you guys except Aaron and Adam, hit the racks. We need to have a word.”

After a hug, the boys retreated to bed. Alan and Tommy went off to the suite where Randy had fled and Cole joined Frank.

I said, “Come here you two.” They came to me and I pulled them into a hug and kissed them both on the head.

I sat back down on the couch with Adam under one arm and Aaron under the other and said, “No one has asked you two what you want. If you have a relative or grandparents you would rather live with, we’ll sort that out when we have a chance to clear away the debris as the judge said. I know this was the worst night of your lives, and you have to be panicking inside but, I promise, you will be all right.”

Adam said, “I know we will. Alan and Cole told us how you are, and I know how you treated me and Tommy when we first met.”

I said, “You’ll be my youngest Adam. I know you’re just twelve. Think you can stand all the hugs and attention you’ll get?”

He giggled as I hugged him and said, “I’ll try really hard.”

“Then off to bed with you.” I had to grin as he did so with enthusiasm.

When Adam closed the door to their bedroom, Aaron asked quietly, “Adam mentioned that you got Andrew’s tapes and pictures before the cops. You’ve seen them?”

“Yes. I did. I saw nothing shocking on them.”

Aaron said, “Are you sure you really want me?”

I pulled a surprised Aaron into my lap, so I could speak quietly to him in his ear. “I’m gay Aaron. So are you. So are most of my kids. I know what you are going through. I know that in those pictures you were high as a kite and were being directed to do that stuff. I won’t hold it against you.”

Aaron sighed and said, “I never could have told my father I was gay.”

“I’m pretty sure he had some idea. I’ll bet he was always after you about your long hair and wanted you to play sports.”

He twitched and said, “How did you know that?”

“I cheated. I heard it from Adam. You see, I won’t push you like that. I won’t let you be a screw-up. I’ll expect you to apply yourself in school and work but, I will respect you enough to let you be yourself. You already know I’ll protect you, and you are welcome to join my family.”

Aaron relaxed and put his head on my chest and asked, “Did you hook Adam up with Alan Porter?”

I said, “I introduced them. The rest was up to them. Alan is actually my cousin, and they are awfully cute together.”

He chuckled and said, “Have you got a cousin for me?”

“Maybe. I’m related to half a county about an hour north of here but, do you know Scott Dodd?”

Aaron said, “Yeah but, aren’t he and JJ a couple?”

“They were until JJ got a good look at Steven Sanders.”

Aaron said, “Ouch! Poor Scott. He’s not the hottest guy around but, he’s really nice.”

“Have you seen him lately? He’s been working out at Anders Gym. All the guys are getting fit and even Barry is losing his baby fat.”

“Barry? Adam told me that a lot of our friends are staying with you.”

I said, “Some of them just stay with us as their folks work odd hours or are out of town. Others are friends that visit frequently.” I started with Toby and Brandon and watched as his eyes widened.

When I finished Aaron asked, “That’s quite the collection. Are you sure you can handle that many?”

“It works very well so far. There’s a lot of teamwork and the guys do a good job of taking care of each other. Andrew did a really shitty thing to you. He put you in a terrible position by taking pictures and video of boys having sex with powerful men. That’s why I got rid of those pictures and videos. You know Andrew and that crazy preacher were in it together?”

I clearly surprised him with that, and he said, “Really?”

“This is how it worked. He gave those sermons that scared you, and you went to him right?”

Aaron nodded and said, “He told us that many young boys did it but, we were expected to marry and have children at some point and leave childish things behind. It’s like he was giving us permission, and he insisted that we confess.”

I said, “Then, he let Andrew know which boys he could get to. Most, not all, of the guys that you met tonight, had crossed paths with Andrew at some point.”

He said, “I didn’t know Andrew was with so many guys.”

“Some of them didn’t have anything to do with him but, anybody giving away coke and blowjobs…”

Aaron nodded and said, “Yeah. I’m sure he was really popular. Hey, listen.”

I could hear a rapid thumping and moaning coming from the room Tommy, Alan and Adam had vanished into with Randy.

I grinned and said, “It sounds like Adam is having a good time.”

Aaron nodded and smiled a real smile for the first time in a while. It gave his face an angelic quality that I found very appealing.

He said, “Thank you, Tim. Thank you for saving me and killing that bastard. Thank you for keeping me and Adam out of Andrew’s circus. Thank you for taking us in.”

I tightened my arms about him gently and said, “It’s my pleasure Aaron. I could wish that it was under less dramatic and dire circumstances but, welcome to the family.”

Aaron grinned and stood up. He pulled off his shirt, shorts and underwear in a couple of quick moves and stood before me in naked perfection, his hard cock was throbbing.

He said, “I’ve wanted you for a long time. I’ve seen you around the park, but you never seemed to notice me. To the victor go the spoils.”

“I noticed you too. You’re a real beauty Aaron but, I would be the king of all assholes if I had sex with you after all that’s happened to you on the very same night.”

He grinned and said, “That’s what Frank told me you would say but, I need it Tim. I need to feel it, to have something to hang on to.”

I raised an eyebrow and said, “Frank told you how to talk me into it?”

“We talked a lot tonight. Frank and I have got a lot in common. We’re both smart asses, both grew up emotionally disconnected from our families, and we both have screwed around a lot. I probably shouldn’t tell you this, but before you were together, Frank, Chris and I used to do stuff.”

I stood, took off my shirt, grinned and said, “I know.”

Aaron said, “How?”

I took off my jeans but left my boxers on and said, “I used to hang out in that park. I’ve seen you guys around too much for it to just be coincidence.”

When he did, I sat back down and invited Aaron, clad in bikini briefs, back into my lap. The feel of his skin against mine was intoxicating.

“Arron, Andrew did a terrible thing getting you boys started with anal so young. I know you want it. A lot of the guys want it. I won’t until we’re all tested and know that we will not be giving each other that damned disease. I really do care about you. ”

Aaron said, “You want too. You’re hard.”

“Of course I’m hard. You’re beautiful, sitting in my lap and want me to fuck you. I want to but...”

Aaron silenced my objections with a kiss that lingered.

Thankfully, he went to sleep before he could talk me into it.

div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo">
 
Copyright © 2019 jamessavik; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
  • Love 4
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..