Jump to content
    JamesSavik
  • Author
  • 32,216 Words
  • 1,361 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Company - 15. A Saturday in the Country

p style="text-align:center;"> saturday-in-the-country.png

 

junior-n-smiley.jpg

Junior & Smiley

i.

My dream took me back to last winter. I was still recovering from the grief, coming to grips with my inheritance and what it all meant. It wasn’t just the nice stack I had anticipated. It was a vast fortune and an even bigger responsibility. That wealth could do great things but, I had to be smart and diligent to make that happen. I could still play and have fun but, there was no way I would let myself blow it. There was a lot to learn but, Dad had it all set up and running like a machine. I didn’t have to figure out everything at once.

I saw some psychobabblers on a talk show talk about the stages of grief: denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance. I couldn’t deny that my immediate family was gone, had no one to be angry at or make a deal with, and went right to depression. It wasn’t a horrible depression; I just didn’t feel very sociable. I call it my I just want to be left alone phase. I was sorting things out in my way in my own time, putting old video game machines back together, and traveling a little to take classes for certifications.

One cold Saturday morning, I went deer hunting alone in the La Salle National Forest at my favorite place by the waterfall. There were no deer, but about ten that morning, the weather took a turn for the worse. It began to sleet. At that altitude, those roads would quickly become a dangerous mess.

Rather than go back through the big hills and steep grades of La Salle, I went down the other side into a valley where the weather turned into just a miserable cold rain. I stopped at a deserted rest area about ten minutes on the Northside of La Salle, where I looked at the map, had a snack, and considered my options.

A pair of teens pulling a large deer on a travois appeared out of the woods and took shelter from the rain under a covered picnic table. I noticed that they both carried lever-action Winchester rifles slung over their shoulders and were both soaked.

I got out of my truck, introduced myself, and said, “It looks like you had better luck than I did.”

The older of the two boys said, “I’m Francois, and this is my brother Joseph. I’m not sure that taking this buck was good luck in this rain. We’ve got a long way to drag him.”

They were both friendly, cute, and had thick Cajun accents. We talked for a few minutes, and we struck a bargain: I’d drive them home with their prize for lunch.

On foot, it was a couple of miles. As the road ran around the rocky valley and up the ridge, it was closer to eight or nine.

Their community was like nothing I had ever seen before. The houses were old but lovingly maintained and built of a mixture of stone and split logs. The road wasn’t bad, but there were old parts that were brick and had to be almost a century old. It was a bit like time traveling to the last century.

Their house was a rambling two-story on a small farm with a barn behind it surrounded by fenced-in vegetable plots. I wasn’t sure what I was looking at. There were rows and rows of very mature grapevines. An old Chevy truck and a tractor sat inside the open barn door.

When I pulled up, I was introduced to three more Boudreaux brothers: Remy, the oldest, Andrea, and Beau. As I would discover later, there were two more: one much younger and another that had left the farm for greener pastures. Remy was delighted to get the deer. He had a big pot of chicken and sausage gumbo and cornbread ready that had the entire house smelling delicious.

We hit it off. After having lunch, the boys dressed the deer and put it in the smokehouse. Remy offered Francois a drink for bringing home the buck and me for getting them home out of the rain.

I was shocked to discover that it was exquisite cognac distilled and aged locally. The community grew several varieties of grapes, which did well in the volcanic soil of the ridge. They bottled several good table wines and distilled a little cognac every year. We ended up getting a little drunk and smoking some of their homegrown weed. A good time was had by all.

Meeting the Boudreaux boys was a turning point for me. I instantly hit it off with Remy and Francois, and Andre and Beau were good company. I ended up staying the night and left the next afternoon reluctantly. Some new friends were just what I needed to break the funk I had fallen into.

The dream took a highly erotic turn— the first time Remy and I were together later that spring. I dreamed I was receiving one of Frank’s five-star blow jobs.

More asleep than awake, I got into it. At first, I stayed still and let him do the work in the pre-dawn darkness, with the silence only broken by my partner’s labored breathing. He went slowly up and down on my cock.

Soon, he had me in the zone. I pulled my partner into a sixty-nine. I could instantly tell it wasn’t Frank, but we were both so into it, there was no turning back.

Our moments came within seconds of each other. My partner gifted me with a powerful orgasm. It wasn’t Frank, but it was delightful. When my mystery boy’s head came up, I kissed Tracy in the moonlight.

He whispered, “Rusty is sleeping with Angel, Rory is with Randy, and the door is locked. We’re alone.

I pulled him close, put my arms around him, and asked, “Was it as good as you hoped?”

“Better. I’m sorry I had to get you this way, but

I’m going to spank you in the morning.”

“I know. I just had to have you.”

He moved to leave, but I held him close and said, “Stay and keep me warm for a while.

Tracy was delighted and performed the function brilliantly. He curled up under my arm, a soft and warm presence.

 

ii.

When I woke, I was vaguely aware of the shower running. Tracy was absent, so I rolled over and went back to sleep for a little while.

The next thing I knew, I woke to puppy breath. Joey and his pup were there, the pup licking my face and Joey laughing. This morning, he was wearing board shorts and a tank top.

I grabbed Joey and pulled him onto the bed into a hug, and said, “How are my two pups this morning?”

Joey, laughing and wiggling in my grasp, said, “Aunt Jean and Aunt Louise are downstairs making a few thousand pancakes and sausage.”

“Then I’d better get a shower and come down before they’re all gone.”

“Eat first,” Joey advised. “Let the water heater recover.”

“Good plan.”

I got up, put on some board shorts and a t-shirt, and followed Joey and his puppy downstairs for breakfast.

“Joey, have you named your pup yet?”

“I’m still thinking about it. I want to get to know him a little better before I name him. He’s smart. He lets me know when he needs to go out.”

The pup waddled beside us, looking up at us as we spoke.

He knows we’re talking about him.”

The pup responded by sticking his tongue out and then smiling at me.

I reached down and gave the smiling pooch a good scratch behind the ears and said, “That’s the difference between dogs and cats: they both know when we’re talking about them. Cats just don’t care.”

I noticed the smells of breakfast cooking as we went downstairs: coffee, sausage, and bacon made my mouth water. When we got down to the oversized family room, some of our guys were scattered around the family room.

When I got into the kitchen, my Aunt Jean was directing Roderick, Barry, Brandon, Adam, and Aaron on the finer points of flipping pancakes and frying bacon and sausage on the two big Viking stoves in the kitchen.

My Aunt Louise, somewhere near ninety, was perched on a stool watching the proceedings with a bemused expression. She noted my arrival and said, “Lordy Timmy. The good book says be fruitful and multiply, but this is fast work even for a Shepherd.”

I hugged her and said, “They aren’t all mine but, we do have a history of large families.”

Aunt Jean hugged me and said, “Oh, trust me. They’re yours. We’ve been here since seven, and we’ve talked to some of them— especially these little charmers. Thanks for bringing Karl and helping me reconnect with Monica. She called yesterday afternoon, and we talked for over an hour. She is coming for our July the fourth celebration.”

“I’m glad I could help, and thanks for breakfast.”

Aunt Louise said, “Oh, nonsense. The boys are doing the work, and we’ve enjoyed meeting them.”

Brandon said, “Karl rode with Lee to the grocery store in Ashford to get what we need for lunch. Lee and Roderick sat down and made a list.”

I sighed and said, “I’m glad they did. It was that or get in the freezers, and that would put a dent in our supplies for the Fourth.”

Aunt Jean said, “Plan on us adding some things for the grill and smoker. We’re going to serve the next bunch in a few minutes. Then we’ll feed the next batch in about twenty minutes. A bunch of boys are playing outside. Why don’t you go see if any are still in bed upstairs?”

“OK, I’ll make the rounds upstairs. Joey, go give the guys outside a heads-up.”

I went back upstairs and went room by room.

Doug Mitchel and Little David Bridges were awake and had showered but were enjoying each other’s nakedness. News of breakfast motivated them to hurry up. Kelly was up, but Robbie and Mihn were still sleeping. I let them be for a bit and checked on the room I’d left Angel and Tracy.

Tracy was still asleep, but Angel was already up and gone. This allowed me to have a moment with him, so I closed and locked the door. I sat on the bed beside him and gently rubbed his shoulders. He sighed and stirred, causing the sheet to slide down and reveal his cute bare bottom.

I said, “Time for breakfast, sleepyhead.”

He asked, “Tim?”

“I’ll go find Angel if you’re disappointed.”

He turned toward me, gave me the cutest smile, and said, “Thank you for last night. It felt so good with you holding me.”

I picked the naked cutie up, cradling him in my arms, kissed his forehead, and said, “It felt good holding you. It was the other thing that could have caused a lot of trouble. Are you ready for your spanking?

Tracy’s fair skin flushed, he sighed, and said, “OK.”

I put him down on the bed, took my shirt off, and dropped my board shorts. Tracy’s eyes widened and might have even drooled a little. I was still wearing the red Speedos that drove Frank crazy. I sat on the edge of the bed and put Tracy over my knee.

The spanking he got was not at all what he was expecting. I soon had his hormones lit up like a Christmas tree. He was flushed, breathing rapidly, and his cock was hard as a nail.

I stopped spanking him, pulled him into my lap, wrapped him in a hug, and said, “Now, what did we learn?”

Tracy rooted his cute behind in my crotch and said, “Be naughty because your spankings are wonderful. Fuck me with your big dick, Tim. Please?

“You just turned thirteen. Where did you learn about that?”

Tracy said, “I’d rather not talk about it.”

After this morning, don’t you think I should know?

Tracy’s hand went to explore my cock, and I said, “If you want that again, you’ve got to tell.

“My Mom’s old boyfriend. He was gross but, he always had beer and weed, and he told me my ass was way better than her pussy. He did stuff to Billy and Robbie too. Robbie hated him and hid from him. He would get me and Billy really high, and he would do stuff. It helped that he had a tiny dick for a grown man.”

I said, “How did it happen?”

Tracy said, “You probably don’t know how we ended up with Ritchie. It hasn’t come up. It’s a long story, so I’ll give you the short version. This past spring, my dad finally figured out Mom was on drugs. He had proof thanks to an OD, and all the money was gone, so he dumped her. She was supposed to be taking care of the three of us. Instead, she got drunk, high, and stayed passed out most of the time. Her boyfriend liked fucking us more than her. He got us drunk, high, showed us porn and did sex stuff to us and took pictures.”

I hugged him close and said, “Jesus, Tracy. I’m sorry. I didn’t know.”

Tracy shrugged and said, “We preferred not to tell anybody, me and Billy both like dick and pot, so it evened out. My Dad is an engineer who has his own small company. They’re called wildcatters. They work in South America and are all gone for months. Our three Dads are the whole company. It’s supposed to make a lot of money, but it’s taking a lot longer than they thought. One by one, our mom split or got kicked out, in my mom’s case. They recruited Ritchie to take care of us. He’s great. He’s more like a big brother to us than an uncle. He’s trying hard but, he could barely take care of himself.”

I asked, “Do Ritchie or your dad know that guy was doing stuff to you?”

He leaned into my chest and said, “Our Dads hardly know us anymore. They haven’t been around for more than a couple of weeks at a time since we were little. Ritchie suspects. He even asked me about it, but I played dumb.

I said, “Tracy, I don’t need sex from you to love you. I love all three of you. You, Billy, and Robbie are adorable.”

Tracy squeezed my cock and said, “With you, it’s not like Daryl. You’re hot, sex is fun, and I like you.”

I chuckled and said, “You know this is dangerous, and it has to stay between us?”

Tracy nodded with enthusiasm.

“There is one other thing: besides for Sean, I’ll be your only adult. Do you promise?”

Tracy said, “Heck yeah. I never really liked Daryl but, what about Ritchie?”

“You do stuff with Ritchie?”

Tracy said, “He’s like you. He won’t let us, but we wake him up with a BJ now and then. He’s sweet, we love him, and he needs it. It always puts him in a good mood.”

I hugged him and said, “I can understand that. A good blow job will get you up on the right side of the bed every time. That’s between you and Ritchie. He looks like I expect you will be grown up so, hes pretty cute.

Tracy grinned and said, “Yeah. He’s not as big as you, but it gets hard, and he cums like a horse.”

“That’s understandable. You do good work. Let’s get breakfast.

Tracy beamed, hugged me, and said, “I love you. Please hug me every day?

I said, “Count on it. I hug all my boys every day; they just aren’t usually this intimate. Now, as cute as you are, you should still get dressed for breakfast. Wait a while after breakfast and bring Billy and Robbie to the master bedroom for a shower. It’s the best shower in the house.”

Tracy asked, “It is?”

I hugged and kissed a giggling Tracy’s ear and said, “Yeah. It’ll have us in it.”

 

iii.

After rousting Billy, Charlie, Mihn, and Robbie with big hugs, we made our way down the hall, checking all the rooms. Of Frank’s guys, only Marcus and Brian were still around but, they were puttering around chatting before breakfast. Frank was already down and hanging out with Ray and Juan. It was fantastic to see Ray and Frank acting like brothers after the long, strange trip they had both been on to get there. Johnny Quest was on the television but, I don’t think anyone was watching it.

Some boys had already eaten and were outside playing or in the pool. I had breakfast with the second to the last group of twelve served. Something about Arrowhead had changed for me. Breakfast tasted as good as it used to. The place was alive again.

I met with all the team leaders to ensure everything was well and see how everything went the night before. Randy and Danny had made all the arrangements. We were riding back at three-thirty and would be at the Game Zone at four-thirty. Power was off in Lakeview but, the backup generator at my house had kicked in. Backup power at Game Zone and Dockside Park would keep our freezers and security systems active.

I told the guys that I intended to use the day having short interviews with as many people as I could manage upstairs, like we did the first time we came to Arrowhead. I told Ritchie he would be first, so he stayed. Once everyone else was clear, I asked him to bring his overnight bag.

He looked a question at me, and I said, “The master bath has the best shower in the place.”

On the way back upstairs to the master bedroom, I made a few whispered arrangements that were agreed to with smiles and winks. When I arrived, I moved a little furniture around and had a love seat and comfy chair set up.

Frank arrived first. He looked over the little interview area and said, “What are you up to?’

“I’m going to camp out up here and talk to as many of the guys as I can, like I did the first time we came up here.”

Frank grinned and said, “Do I get to play?”

“Of course. Ritchie is first, and it’s time we gave him a hearty welcome. Afterward, we’re going to take a shower with his three boys and a few others I’ve invited up to be their big brothers. How were the fun and games last night?”

Frank chuckled and said, “Big Ted is most appropriately named, and Brian was a lot of fun. Everybody had a blast, but we need to start earlier next time.”

I wrapped Frank in a hug and said, “Lesson learned. Did you get a taste of Big Ted?”

Frank laughed and said, “Oh my Goodness! Can you believe he’s with Rodney? As big as he is, you would think he would be rough, but he’s a teddy bear.”

I said, “That’s what I like about him. He’s very protective of our boys, but he’s very gentle with them too. He’s a natural for our security team.

Frank continued, “Big Ted was my alternate. I wanted to play in the 2nd round, so I let him lead. He put me blindfolded in one of the rooms, and a few minutes later, he parked someone beside me. I could tell it wasn’t a big person, but when we made out, oh my.”

I laughed and asked, “Was it, Brian or Marcus?”

Frank said, “I didn’t know until the reveal. How can a little guy like Brian be hung like that? I think I understand why Lance is so happy.”

“Lucky Lance. How was Brian? He’s sure a sweet little guy.

Frank snorted and said, “Sweet yes but, little? Nope. We ran out of time. I know he stayed with Marcus and Aaron last night, and they slept a little late this morning.”

There was a knock on the door. Frank grinned and said, “I believe our first victim has arrived.”

Frank opened the door for Ritchie to enter. He was wearing tennis shorts, a t-shirt, and flip-flops. Ritchie looked a lot like I imagined Tracy would grow up— tall, slight, honey-blond hair with the same bright blue eyes. He came in looking a little nervous, suspiciously hiding his crotch behind his overnight bag. Frank closed the door, and I heard the snick of the lock.

I said, “Welcome, Ritchie. We’ve been too busy for Frank and me to welcome you properly to our group.”

Frank put his arms around Ritchie from behind and kissed his neck. I hugged him and said, “I’m so glad we have you with us. You were always my favorite sales guy from Big-Box.”

Frank added, “The cutest by far.”

Ritchie closed his eyes and said, “You weren’t kidding when I asked you out.”

“Frank and I share everything.”

Ritchie dropped his overnight bag as Frank’s hand found his erection. I kissed him and he moaned in ecstasy. Poor Ritchie didn’t stand a chance with Frank and me double-teaming him. He needed it. After months occupied with taking care of his nephews, Ritchie had been cooped up. We cured that.

After a fast and furious bout of good, stress-relieving sex, the three of us put our clothes back on, or at least back in order, and sat on the love seat with Ritchie in the middle basking in Frank and my affection.

Ritchie said, “That was fun.”

Frank said, “We’ll do it again soon but, this is where things get serious.”

I said, “Ritchie, I have to tell you that I woke up with Tracy blowing me this morning.”

Ritchie blushed and facepalmed.

Frank said, “Oh, don’t be embarrassed, Ritchie. It’s not the first time that’s happened. Some of our youngest boys are the most aggressive cock-hounds.”

With boys his age, their hormones are driving.”

Ritchie said, “I’m sorry, Tim. Tracy and Billy have both done that to me. I’d be mad if they weren’t so good at it.”

I said, “You’ve got nothing to be sorry about. You’re right. Tracy is good at it.”

Frank said, “We’ve had the same problem with some other boys. They get a huge crush on Tim or me and want it. One of the boys came up with the idea he calls ‘the loophole’: if they blow you off while you’re asleep, you can’t be blamed for it. They get it out of their system, and it seems to calm them down.”

“They’ve done it to you too, Frank?”, I asked.

He laughed and said, “Of course. Barry is my little brother, after all. Ask Tony and Chris. Not Randy, though. Rory won’t put up with it. We’ve all got fans. They love us dearly, and that’s how gay boys show it. Hets would never understand, but we do. Remember when you were their age? Who did you have a crush on? Rock stars or actors or something.”

You’re right. I had a huge crush on Johnny Crawford when I was little.”

Frank nodded and said, “Oh, the Rifleman’s son, Mark. You’ve always had good taste.”

“Danny Partridge was my first redheaded crush.”

Frank smacked me as Ritchie protested, “That’s true about crushes, but I would have never done that.”

I said, “An adult didn’t sexually abuse you. That breaks down barriers, giving them the idea that its OK. I was able to use the situation to get Tracy talking. Does the name Daryl ring a bell?”

Ritchie’s face went pale, and he said, “That’s the guy who was fooling around with my brother Don’s ex-wife. He scammed her out of thousands of dollars for crack.” His face turned red with rage, and he growled, “He was doing the boys too?”

I nodded and said, “If you know who this bastard is, well give karma a helping hand to land on him with both feet.”

He looked at me and then Frank and said, “What do you have in mind?”

“Just a moment.”

I ran downstairs and retrieved Randy and Danny. I sat on the foot of the bed, Randy took the chair, and Danny the spot beside Ritchie I had vacated.

Danny put his arm around Ritchie and said, “Tim had a word with us about this matter.”

Randy said, “Cops hate guys like this. You can bet the ranch this wasn’t an isolated incident. He knew exactly what he was doing. This kind of creep is doing this to other kids. We will surveil him and see what he’s up to. We’re both good at this. Tracy mentioned he took pictures. I want to figure out his routines, and there will probably be other victims. Once we know that, we can discretely let Sheriff Hollingsworth take over and put this mutt in the pound.”

Ritchie said, “I want to keep my boys out of it. They’re in a good place now and, they don’t need this.”

Danny said, “We can probably manage that. Working with Randy, I’ll get inside his place and locate where he keeps his pictures. I’ll take any pictures of your boys, and we’ll dispose of them. We’ll do our best to keep them out of it, but they need to sit with Doctor Patrick. All the other boys who have seen him like him.”

Ritchie looked skeptical and said, “How would you get in and out of his place?”

Randy said, “We easily do it when we figure out his routine. When Daryl goes out, we tail him, and Danny goes inside. He was trained to be a spook. He has all sorts of interesting tricks and toys that make him highly effective for work like this.”

I said, “This guy needs to be caught. We’re talking about little kids. There’s no excuse at all for that. I’d like to call him out with pistols at dawn, but that’s just not done anymore.”

Danny said, “Things might be a lot more civilized if we could. Short of that, I’m sure we can get Daryl to dig his hole and walk into it.He turned to Ritchie and added,” we’re going to handle this. It might take a week or two depending on how careful or sloppy he is, but we’ll get him.”

Ritchie said, “His last name is Brewster. He works in the mills, lives on the far outskirts of DeKalb, and drives an old Cutlass. I’ve seen him cruising the old mall.”

Danny said, “See? That’s what I need to get started with his name, where he works, where he lives, what he drives, and something about his habits.”

Randy said, “When we cops are looking for a perp, we often have a lot less to go on. May we have a quiet word with Phillip?”

I pondered the question for a moment and said, “Yes. Just go easy. Robbie MacDonald may be a better source. Now, I need a shower. Send us the big brothers first, and then send in our first bunch of little bros.”

As soon as Randy and Danny headed out, Ritchie said, “I’m sorry, I can’t take a shower with Billy and Tracy. Not now. It wouldn’t be a problem with Robbie, but those two are just too... aggressive.”

“That’s cool. I understand. Try it later after we’ve distracted them with other boys.”

Ritchie stood to leave, and so did Frank. I looked pleadingly at Frank, and he grinned maliciously, “I’ve already showered. We’ll get it done at the house sometime. Besides, it’ll be less crowded.”

I sighed as my backup deserted me.

A few minutes later, there was a knock on the door, and I said, “Come in.”

Brian, Kevin, and Marcus arrived. They had all been in the pool and were looking delicious wearing Speedo with a towel over their shoulders.

Brian said, “Danny said you wanted to see us.”

I said, “Thanks for coming, guys. We’ve got some new boys, and I’d like you to be their big brothers. “

Kevin asked, “Which ones?”

“Ritchie’s kids.”

Marcus said, “I want Robbie. He’s a sweet little guy.”

Kevin said, “Those kids are little horn-dogs.”

I grinned and said, “What a coincidence. So are you three. I’ll be honest with you. They will want to do stuff and, by all accounts, they’re good at it. I know they’re young, but they had an older guy mess with them. They like older boys, and we’ve got to distract them from the grownups.”

Brain asked, “Andrew?”

“No. It was some creep in DeKalb. Tracy’s Mom had a drug habit. Her dealer got them high and messed with them while she was strung out.”

Marcus shook his head and said, “I haven’t been there exactly but, I’ve been in that zip code. I’ll help but, what about sex?”

I said, “They’ll want to. I want you to teach them they arent just little cum-dumpsters. Be considerate. They’re sweet kids. Treat them right, and they’ll love you.”

Kevin said, “I kind of like Tracy. He’s a cutie.”

Brian asked, “What do we have to do?”

Kevin said, “At first, when there wasn’t a whole legion of us, one of the adults would be assigned as a big brother. Tim was mine. He spent time with me, paid attention to me, and listened to me whine. He taught me that I wasn’t a complete fuck-up. It was good for me. He even introduced me to Roderick.”

Brian said, “We would do that anyway but, I get it— this jumpstarts the process.”

I said, “Kevin, I’ve showered with you. Do what I did. The rest of you watch what he does, and you’ll get the idea.”

Brian said, “I’ve never taken a shower with you. I’ll get a boner.”

I said, “You’re about to, and you won’t be the only one.”

Kevin said, “Trust me, you’ll love it.”

A few minutes later, there was a knock on the door. Marcus was closest and opened it.

Tracy entered first, followed by Billy and Robbie. They were all carrying their backpacks with their clothes.

Billy asked, “Uhm, we’re not in trouble, are we?”

I smiled at Billy, pulled him into a hug, and the rest followed. I gave Tracy a wink and said, “No. How could I get mad at you three cuties? Before we had so many people, we assigned big brothers to new guys. That’s someone who has been with us for a while and knows how things work. It’s someone you can talk to, spend time with, and be a big brother.”

Kevin said, “When I first arrived, my big brother was Tim. He taught me how to drive, and we had some cool conversations. Tracy, I think Tim had me in mind for you.”

Marcus said, “I’d like to be your big brother, Robbie.”

Brian said, “Billy, it looks like you’re stuck with me.”

Robbie was the first to react; he went to Marcus, hugged him, and said, “I’ve liked you since we first met.”

Billy smiled at Brian and said, “I trust Tim. He always seems to know what he’s doing.”

Tracy hugged Kevin, looked at me, and said, “I’ve always wanted a big brother, and this one is hot! Thank you, Tim!”

Brian put his arms around Billy and said, “You’ve still got bed-head, and I want to wash the chlorine off. What do you say we take a shower?”

The three younger boys all thought that was an excellent idea. The older boys were just wearing Speedo, and they just slipped out of theirs. Ritchie’s boys were right behind them. It took me a little longer, and I was last in.

We turned on the four shower heads. Everyone watched as Kevin began, slowly and with great tenderness, washing Tracy all over with the liquid shower soap and shampoo I’d stashed in the bathroom. Brian and Marcus caught on quickly and began washing Billy and Robbie.

Ritchie’s boys were in heaven as they were centers of attention from the older boys. They made little sounds of pleasure as the older boys washed them in their most intimate palaces, caressing and hugging them as they worked.

Then it was time for the younger boys to wash their big brothers. I had chosen Kevin, Brian, and Marcus with malice and forethought. They were three well-hung, horny boys who I was sure would treat the younger boys right.

I shut off my shower and started drying off.

Brian asked, “Are you leaving us?”

“Yeah. It looks like y’all have the right idea. I’ll be outside when you are done.”

Once outside, I closed the door, pulled some fresh clothes out of my bag, and got dressed. Over the next fifteen minutes, I heard a few suspicious noises and some laughter coming from the showers.

Tracy and Kevin came out smiling with towels around their waists and started getting dressed. Next was Brian and Billy. They, too, looked pleased. Finally, it was Marcus and Robbie.

Robbie bounded toward me. I just had time to grab my towel before a fresh, but wet boy wearing nothing, but a towel and a big smile hopped in my lap, wiggling with excitement.

I hugged Robbie and said, “I take it you like your big brother?”

Robbie said, “Un-huh!” Then he whispered in my ear, “Marcus made me squirt. I thought I was going to pee, but it felt so good. Now I know why Tracy and Billy like it so much.”

I said, “Did you thank him?”

“Yeah, I made him squirt too. Marcus had a lot, and it tastes good too.”

Marcus sat beside me and said, “Thanks for thinking of me, Tim. I love this little guy.”

Brian put his arm around Billy and said, “This one is pretty wonderful, too.”

Kevin put his arms around a giggling Tracy and said, “I think I might drag Tracy back in there.”

I said, “You big brothers have three of our cutest and sweetest boys. I charge you to listen to them, protect them, teach them, and most importantly, love them. They will teach you more than you teach them, but you won’t see that for a while. Now: get dressed and go play. I’ve got more people to see.”

When the boys filed out, I asked Brian for a private word. The rest of the boys headed downstairs. I hugged Brian, and he said, “Thanks, Tim. I wouldn’t have considered Billy to be a pal, but he’s great.”

I had Brian accompany me to the sofa and said, “Billy is a puberty prodigy and started early. He’s just going on twelve.”

Brian asked, “Really?”

“Kids mature at different rates. Physically, Ritchie’s boys look like they are a couple of years ahead of their peers but are still kids emotionally. Keep that in mind and play gently with them. I’m curious about something: I’ve heard that Billy’s skills rival Barry’s. You’ve had both. How do they stack up?”

Brian grinned and said, “Like the Beatles and the Stones: they’re both great. There is just a difference in style. Are you going to make Lance a big brother?”

“Yeah. I thought he would be good for the Chang twins.”

Brian grinned and said, “Perfect choice. The twins are playing on their keyboards, and he’s singing with them. You should go downstairs and check it out.”

“Lance can sing?”

“Yeah. He’s got a great voice. Lance, Kevin and Alan, and Michael Porter were in a band for a while until the Harrison’s moved away. Lance and the Chang twins are in concert on the back porch.”

I wrapped Brian up in a big hug and said, “I’m sorry I haven’t had the time for you that you deserve.

Brian put his index finger over my lips and said, “Lance has been taking good care of me. Im finally healed up.”

“You know, I’ve been assigning big brothers. I think I’d like the job.”

He shook his head and said, “No, silly.”

“No?”

I’ve got plenty of brothers. You’re my dad, and I know I can count on you not to get mean drunk and hit me. That’s what I’ve wanted my whole life.

I hugged Brian and said, You’ve got it. I need to take a little trip tomorrow afternoon. How about we use it for your first driving lesson?”

Brian gave me a huge smile and said, “You’re on. I’m already a pretty good driver, but I hear you go to fascinating places.

 

iv.

When I went down, I heard them before I saw them. One of the twins had his keyboard set up as an organ, the other as a piano. It was clear that they were both accomplished players.

Bring me my bow of burning gold!
Bring me my arrows of desire!
Bring me my spear: O clouds unfold!
Bring me my Chariot of Fire!

I will not cease from mental fight
Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand
Till we have built Jerusalem
In England's green and pleasant land[1]

I exited the kitchen to the screened-in back porch during the last few bars of the song. Cole, Toby, JJ, Alan, and Steven were clapping.

Outside, Ray and his teammates were throwing a football around while the morning was warming up quickly. I said, “That sounded awesome. I knew Mihn and Sang could play, but I didn’t know you could sing, Lance.”

He blushed and said, “Kevin and I were in a garage band until most of it moved away.”

Alan said, “I can play bass, and Mike plays drums. All we need is a lead guitar.”

Lance said, “I can play guitar, but Kevin is better.” He put one arm around Sang and the other around Mihn and said, “If these two pros don’t mind playing with amateurs like us.”

Mihn said, “Of course not. It’ll be fun.”

Sang said, “We’ve got a lot of sheet music in our stuff. We can get started sorting it out when we get back.”

I said, “Lance, I’d like to see you upstairs, the last room on the left. Give me a few minutes and come up. Mihn, Sang: wait fifteen minutes and follow. I see you all still need a shower, so bring your overnight bags. That room has the best shower in the place.”

As I passed one of the upstairs bedrooms, I heard a snippet of conversation on the way back upstairs. A young voice said, “I’m afraid we’ll get caught. I don’t want to mess this up for my brother and me.” That had to be Gene’s little brother, Scottie.

A slightly older voice said, “That’s what’s so cool about Tim. He understands we’re horny.” That had to be Little Dave’s buddy Todd, the horn dog.

Scottie said, “I want to, but I’m scared I’ll mess up.”

I stepped into the room and closed the door, surprising Todd and Scottie. They were nude except for towels around their waists, damp from the showers, and both were... quite aroused.

Scottie immediately said, “We weren’t doing anything!”

“I know. I heard. You aren’t in any trouble and, you won’t be for that, Scottie. Come here.”

I sat on the edge of the bed. Scottie came to me and sat on my knee. I wrapped him in a big hug and said, “Having a little fun with a friend isn’t going to mess up anything for you, Scottie. I know you like it— we all do. It’s OK. Remember how we met?”

Scottie sighed, leaned into me, and said, “My head knows that but, I’m still nervous. I’ve seen how queer kids get treated at my school.”

“I know. It sucks, and we will protect you from that as best we can. I’m sorry I startled you, but I wanted you to know that you won’t be in any trouble if you have fun with your pals. Come here, Todd.”

Todd sat on my other knee, and I put my other arm around him. I asked, “What did you two cuties have in mind?”

Scottie blushed and said, “We had a shower and…”

I asked gently, “You like what you saw?”

Scotty nodded enthusiastically.

“Todd, what do you think of Scottie?”

“He’s a real cutie. I’d like to make him feel good.”

I said, “Yeah, I agree. Hes a cute one.” I gave Scottie a peck on the cheek. I sniffed his hair and said, “He even smells good.” Scottie laughed and smiled broadly.

Todd whined, “Tim, I wanted to kiss him.”

I said, “What do you think, Scottie? You want to kiss Todd?”

Scottie nodded enthusiastically.

“Well, why don’t you two stand up and do what you both want to do?”

Todd stood and reached out a hand to Scottie, helping him up. The two towel-clad teens stepped into each other’s arms and kissed.

They stood there kissing for a few moments, and then I stood and put my arms around them and gave them both a peck on the cheek.

“You won’t get in trouble for this. We must be discrete, but we understand, so don’t worry about it. It looks like you two are getting the idea. I only have one more suggestion.”

Todd kissed Scottie’s neck and chest, causing him to answer breathlessly, “What?”

I deftly yanked both of their towels and said, “You won’t need these. Take your time and enjoy. Todd, we’ll talk later.” Then I slipped out into the hall, locked the door behind me, and headed for the master bedroom.

Lance was waiting for me in the master bedroom, lounging barefoot on the love seat, looking very sexy shirtless in red sun britches.

“Hi, Tim. You wanted to see me?”

I sat beside him on the love seat, put an arm around him, and asked, “What do you think of Sang and Mihn?”

“They are two very talented boys, and they’re… beautiful and sweet. I like them a lot.”

I said, “You sounded good with them. Do you remember when you first arrived, you chose Chris to be your big brother?”

He nodded, read my intentions, and said, “You want me to be Sang and Mihn’s big brother?”

“That’s what I’m thinking. They need a mentor, and I think you are the right guy for the job.”

Lance looked at me and said, “Are you sure, Tim? I mean, I’ve had jerk-off fantasies about twins.”

I grinned and said, “Hasn’t everybody? They’ve probably had jerk-off fantasies about a hottie like you too. Mihn told me last night that they do everything together. Sounds like a win-win situation to me.”

Lance said, “Seriously?”

“In a few minutes, they’re going to arrive ready for a shower. I will tell them what a big brother is and suggest you. Then you’re going to take a shower with them. Remember how I washed you? Do that for them.”

He looked a little stunned and asked, “What about Brian?”

I said, “About twenty minutes ago, he became Billy Barn’s big brother. He suggested you would be right for the Chang twins. Besides, judging by the wood you are sporting, you like the idea.”

Lance asked, “They’re so little. How old are they?”

Almost thirteen, so you’re only three years older.”

Lance laughed and said, “They’ve already made a very polite pass at me.”

“What did you say?”

“Probably.”

I chucked and said, “Remember: it’s not all about sex. Chris has been a good friend to you ever since.”

He nodded and said, “Yes, he has. I’ll let them take the lead on anything physical. I need a favor.”

“I wouldn’t even think of asking you if I thought you were the wrong guy for this. What do you need?”

Lance looked at me and said, “Give Brian some attention. He may look happy, and he is for the most part but, I’m there when he has nightmares.

“I’m taking him and Grant for a driving lesson tomorrow, and we’re going to Acadia Ridge. If I’m not mistaken, I probably need to take you and Kevin out for another ride soon.”

He grinned and said, “I look forward to it.”

“The drive or the twins?”

“Both.”

A few minutes later, there was a polite knock on the door. Mihn and Sang arrived and were delighted with the idea of Lance as their big brother. They both required some attention. Mindful of what Mihn had told me the night before, I picked them up, one at a time, held them and told them how impressed I was with their talent.

I could tell that Mihn enjoyed it. Sang was surprised at first but, he too basked in the affection.

The twins found the idea of taking a shower with Lance quite appealing. I had a good laugh as Mihn took one of Lance’s hands, and Sang took the other, and they led him into the showers.

 

v.

I decided to take a break. I put on a fresh Speedo under my board shorts if I chose to get in the pool and wandered around visiting for a bit.

Lee, his younger brother Jason and Little Karl had returned with our lunch. He had something like forty pounds of ground chuck, numerous hot dogs, buns, frozen French fries, condiments, and was putting it away in the kitchen.

Roderick, Tony, Aaron, Adam, Marcus, and James were scurrying around the kitchen, preparing to get lunch underway.

Lee saw me and grinned at the frantic activity. Roderick turned, saw me, and said, “How soon do you want lunch?”

“Let’s do it like we did breakfast and feed them a dozen at a time. That way, it’s all hot off the grill.”

Roderick said, “Good plan. This kitchen kicks ass. I love the grill and the smoker. We’ll have a great Fourth, and I’m sure we can feed the whole county. If we do it that way, we can feed the first group at eleven and then the other groups about every twenty minutes.”

“You’re our most experienced restaurateur. It sounds like you’ve got it covered.”

I ran into Jeff Blake and Tyler Reynolds coming in from the pool. They were a bit pink around the edges. I invited them upstairs, applied aloe vera to their neck and shoulders, and asked the Speedo-clad pair if they were having fun.

Tyler fanned himself and said, “Last night was so hot, I’m still sweating. I drew Rich Kelly, Bobby Knight, and Karl Carter.”

Jeff said, “I drew Robbie MacDonald, Sean Yelverton, and Randy Carlson. They were all fun, but I liked Sean best. All three are hot, and Sean and Randy are sweet.”

“I agree. Randy and Sean are both something special. Tyler, what did you think of Rich?”

Tyler said, “At first, he was stiff like he was nervous but, he warmed up fast. Bobby was lots of fun, and Karl was a little firecracker. We had on blindfolds and, he was so little, I figured out who he was. He’s so quiet, you wouldn’t think he’s funny, but he has a way of dropping one-liners that had us rolling.”

I said, “Karl is my cousin, and he’s a lot like I was at his age. He must have liked y’all to open up like that. Why don’t you work at Game Zone?”

Jeff said, “I want to but, my dad doesn’t like bars and pool halls. He’s added arcades to his shit list. He heard you on the news, and I think he might change his mind.”

Tyler added, “My Mom is close to the Blake’s. Since dad left, she often follows Jeff’s dad’s advice on things. I asked him if I could talk to you about working on your team that takes care of Dockside Park, and he said yes.”

“Did either of you meet Philip?”

Jeff said, “Tall, tan, and dreamy? Yeah. He’s outside throwing the football around with the jocks.”

I grinned and said, “He runs the Dockside Park crew. Get your overnight bags and come back here. I’ll be right back. I’m going to arrange a shower interview for you.” Tyler and Jeff raised their eyebrows, grinned, and hurried off to get their stuff. I went searching for Philip.

As I was heading downstairs, I heard the flush of one of the toilets, and Barry came out wearing nothing but a red Speedo, flip-flops, and a grin. He gave me a look and motioned for me to join him in the bathroom.

I slipped in and closed the door, and said, “What’s up?”

Barry looked pensive and said, “You need to pay some attention to Toby and Brandon. This trip has been a lot of fun but, they’re feeling lost in the shuffle.”

“I know. I’ve got so many new kids who need attention, I haven’t had a chance to tell you four. I’m going to take you with us to Florida this week.”

Barry’s eyes widened, and he jumped in my arms. I held him and quietly said, “I take it to you like that idea?”

“Yeah. Going to Biloxi was spectacular. Are we going to the beach?”

I got a good, solid grip on Barry and said, “The hotel we’re staying at is on the beach. We’ve got a suite of adjoining rooms with balconies overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. Red Team will be tied up most of the day, but the place is a resort with many kids there. We’ll be back in the mid-afternoon and will want to play too.”

“I like this,” Barry said, resting his head on my shoulder. “Who did you make out with last night?”

“I was with Mihn the first round. We just talked, pretty much like this. Next was Kelly, and then most of my team went to sleep. Who was lucky enough to draw you, Little Bear?”

“I was with Sean, the new Robbie, and Matty. They were all fun, but Robbie is hot. Sean is sweet, and Matty is funny. I was hoping for Gene. There’s something I like about him.”

I chuckled and said, “Gene is a stud— I can understand how he would make you hornier than usual Little Bear. Would you like to give him a personal welcome?”

Barry said, “You don’t have to make him….

“I wouldn’t have to make him Barry. Gene loves BJs, but, he’s only had them from a couple of kids. He wants to broaden his horizons, and I can’t imagine anyone giving him a better one.”

He squirmed and said, “Put me down. This is turning me on, and I don’t want to go off half cocked.”

I put Barry down and said, “Here’s my plan….

I found Philip playing football with our collection of jocks. He and Gene were on opposite teams, so I asked the pair of them to take a break. I couldn’t help but notice Ray had a good arm as Stacey Frazier ran and caught a long fly pattern.

“Philip, there are a couple of boys that are interested in working for you on the Blue Team. You may have met Jeff and Tyler.”

Philip nodded and said, “Yeah. They asked me about it, but they aren’t sixteen yet.”

“Tyler is, and Jeff isn’t far. I thought interviewing them would be good for your professional development. You’re pretty sweaty, so grab your bag.”

Philip looked confused, so I said, “Get your overnight bag. This interview will be in the shower, where a couple of adorable guys will try to convince you they are right for the job.”

He got a big grin and headed off to get his overnight bag.

Gene was laughing so, I put my arm over his sweaty shoulder said, “Get yours too, stud. I want to make sure you get a nice, warm welcome.” He, too, went down the hall to retrieve his overnight bag.

Both quickly returned, and we headed upstairs.

I reintroduced Philip to Tyler and Jeff, and they went into the master bath for a shower.

Gene watched the proceedings with rapt fascination. Once Philip disappeared into the shower of the master bath, I said, “Gene, let’s go across the hall.”

He followed me into the bedroom occupied by David and Doug the night before. I wasn’t surprised to find that they had made up the bed and straightened up.

Gene followed me in and said, “I need a shower.”

I wrinkled my nose and said, “Yes, you do. When you are done, someone will be waiting for you who wants to welcome you to our team.”

Before I could leave, Gene dropped his shorts. Standing in front of me, naked, erect, cock glistening with pre-cum he asked imploringly, “Please stay. I want you.”

He tried to kneel in front of me, but I grabbed his hands and pulled him up.

One of the boys has a little crush on you. This will be good for both of you. I guarantee you’ll love it.”

He looked at me imploringly and said, “I want you.”

I kissed his forehead and said, “I’m going to take care of you, Scotty, and your mom. I’m going to treat you as my own.”

He shivered in my arms and said, “That’s why I like you so much. You don’t make anybody do anything.”

“Take a quick shower; then I will give you your first lesson.”

Gene quickly turned and went into the bathroom. As soon as the shower came on, I went to the closet, where Barry was sitting in a chair, giggling.

I hugged him and said, “Don’t laugh at him, Little Bear. You’re a big ole horn doggy, too.”

He stood up and said quietly, “So, are you going to teach him?”

I said, “Yes, and you’re going to help. You’ve already volunteered. Now, here’s my alternate plan….

Barry listened intently, smiled, and said, “I like this plan. I like it a lot.” By the time the water turned off, he was adding suggestions.

Gene came out of the shower with a towel around his waist, looking quite eager. He asked, “Hi Barry. What are you doing here?”

Barry grinned and said, “I’m Tim’s willing accomplice.”

I said, “Gene, would you be ready to play college ball this fall?”

Gene shook his head and said, “No way. I’ve still got a lot to learn. I’m glad it’s Barry. This summer has been good to him.”

I put my hand on Barry’s shoulder affectionately and said, “Yeah, Little Bear here is a real cutie. Love is a lot like football, Gene. You need to play in your league before you move up, so you won’t get hurt.”

After a bit of coaching about being considerate and going slow to enjoy it, I was sure Gene and Barry were off on the right foot and withdrew.

 

vi.

Downstairs, the kitchen was in quite a state as Roderick and his helpers prepared. They were already roasting ears of corn and had a big pot of baked beans on the stove.

I noticed Billy Johnson had made himself helpful working with Roderick, Aaron, James, and the others. Life had handed Billy a very loaded hand. His mother had the bad luck to get raped. She had Billy anyway and, the boy had turned out to be a tall, handsome, good-natured light-skinned black boy.

His good cards were, he was a Johnson. That family loved all their kids, and he had a 1st cousin who was more like a brother. Kerry was just a few days younger than Billy, and the pair were usually inseparable. The bad cards were all the left-over crap about being black, still swirling around the bowl in the South like a turd that just won’t flush.

Billy was preparing corn for the grill. He shucked a couple of dozen ears, laid them out on a cookie sheet, gave them a sweep with a brush with melted butter, a pinch of garlic powder, and then rotated them to get both sides.

I approached, mindful to stay out of the way, and said, “Thanks for pitching in, Billy.”

He looked up and said, “I love grilled corn, and it doesn’t get any fresher.”

I asked, “Where’s Kerry? You two are usually joined at the hip.”

Billy grinned and said, “He’s grounded. His Mom found his Penthouse stash. Kerry is a real intellectual. He reads the forum letters more than he looks at the pictures.”

I chuckled and said, “Of course, you would never read them.”

He winked back and said, “Never isn’t so accurate. They’re… educational.

Of course. We are going to have a lot going on here and, I think, we need someone up here on site, and I had you and Kerry in mind to help out.”

He said, “I know about the fourth. What else is going on?”

“In addition to the Fourth festivities, there’s a pool here now, and the families are welcome to come here, relax and let the kids play. There will be deliveries, and I just need someone to be here. Are you and Kerry up for the job of the caretaker?”

He said, “We’ll both still have chores at home, but we can work it out.”

“Good. Let’s sit down after lunch, and I’ll let you know what we’ll be doing to ramp up for the Fourth.”

 

vii.

I went outside and found Ray and his teammates had moved to the pool. No one was out on the big green behind the house, so; I decided to walk down to the grotto. As I looked in that general direction, I saw some movement in the woods in the forest grove around the creek, but I couldn’t tell who or what it was.

We had arrived so late and expected to head home first thing, and I didn’t think we would have a chance to check it out. David had cut some brush and put in a concrete walk to make the grotto more accessible.

I stepped onto the concrete path and into the deep, cool shade thrown by the oaks that towered over the stream. The musical splatter and gurgle of the waterfall were audible under the green canopy. A squirrel chattered at me for invading his haven.

The old path crossed the creek, but the new approach did not. It was a more leisurely walk but curved through some big trees. The workers had cut right through a nasty hedge of blackberry, but you had to get very close before you could see anything but the small waterfall.

The first clue that I wasn’t alone was a yip from Joey’s puppy. As I got closer, I heard young voices talking. The grotto projected everything they were saying like a bullhorn.

I heard Brandon say, “He took us here at night and lit candles. The crystals in the rock made the light sparkle and dance. He would have taken us here if we had time, but, this trip was supposed to be a quick overnighter.”

Joey asked, “What did you do here?”

Toby said, “We talked mostly. Tim or one of the others would ask a question, and we would all answer and take a drink of wine. It was fun, and it helped us get to know each other.”

A voice I didn’t immediately recognize asked, “Did you get drunk?”

Brandon said, “Just a little buzzed. We didn’t drink a lot. Back then, he kept weed away from us until he found out we all smoked.”

Toby explained, “We split a bottle seven ways, so nobody got sloshed. It’s like Tim said last night. He’s teaching us to party a little for fun, but not to get smashed out of our minds like Andrew.”

Another voice said, “I know it sounds warped but, I miss Andrew. He would get me so high and then show me porn. Then he would suck me off fast, and then, he would wait a little while and suck me off again slow.”

Toby said, “Doug, you’ve always got a boner. Talking about Andrew is giving me one too.”

Brandon said, “Me too. He knew how to make it good but, did you know, he was videotaping it?”

A voice I think was Jacob Porter said, “Oh shit! He videotaped himself eating my ass?”

Doug said, “That’s so creepy. Why?”

Brandon said, “Andrew was a pimp of sorts. He would get you hooked on getting high and having sex with him. Then he would see how far you would go. If you fell for his game completely, he would hook you up with big shots and get it on tape. He intended to shake them down, but it all fell apart before he got around to it.”

Another voice I didn’t immediately recognize said, “We’re all way better off with Tim. What he offered us all last night is spectacular.”

Brandon said, “You’re right about Tim. He has enough clout to keep us out of Andrew’s mess. All you have to do is talk to the shrinks, and no cops will come knocking on your door.”

Travis said, “Andrew offered me a thousand dollars to hook up with some old guy in a hotel. I told him I’d think about it, and then he was on the news getting busted.”

Toby said, “Andrew was in cahoots with that crazy preacher. He would get kids scared with those fire and brimstone sermons, and they would talk to him. Then he would tell them it’s OK for kids to do it but, you had to quit when you get older. Then he told Andrew the kids who were into it.”

Doug said, “That’s just so shitty. We were just a bunch of dumb horny kids that liked catching a buzz and getting a blow job.”

Toby laughed and said, “That was the right cheese for these mice.”

The group laughed, and Brandon said, “Andrew caught all of us with that cheese but, we’ve got Tim now, and he’s way better.”

Doug said, “You and Brandon know him best. You ever get any of Tim?”

Toby replied, “He knows he turns us on. He won’t just do it but, he’ll let you get away with stuff, teach you stuff, and hook you up.”

Cole said, “What is it we call Gunny Anders when he teaches us martial arts? Tim is like a sensei. What you got from Andrew was gone as soon as you slept it off. What you get from Tim lasts.”

Travis said, “Damn, now I’ve got a boner just thinking about Tim.”

Joey said, “You aren’t the only one with a crush on Tim. I sure have one.”

Brandon asked, “What happened to you, Joey? I asked Tim, but he wouldn’t say anything other than it was bad.”

Joey replied, “My Mom is a bad drunk. She lost her job and stayed drunk all the time. I had to take care of myself and her. Last spring, some old guy at City Park offered me money to let him suck my dick. It creeped me out at first, but he offered more. I’d never even cum before, and this dude was giving me fifty dollars just to suck my dick. That’s how I’ve been getting money to eat and stuff for the last year. Anyway, Tim caught me blowing one of my regulars.”

Travis asked, “What did he do?”

Joey laughed and said, “Tim made him guy blow me. Later, my mom got a DUI, and Tim told the judge that he wanted me. I lost it when he said so. Nobody has ever wanted me before. At first, I thought he wanted me for, you know. I didn’t have a problem with that. Instead, he’s fed me, put me in decent clothes, and acts like the Dad I’ve always wanted.”

Brandon said, “Tim is good like that. Many people are fake, but he wouldn’t even know how to be that way. I’m glad you’re with us, Joey. You are like a different person now.”

Toby said, “Yeah, someone I like.”

Joey said, “I’m glad you don’t mind having another little brother. I’m sorry I was such a prick last year.”

Toby said, “It sounds like you had a lot going on and, you’re not much younger than me.

Joey groaned, “I’m going to be a seventh-grader again.”

Doug said, “I can’t help you with that but, I’ve got a couple of good joints, a boner, and I’m not afraid to use them. Does anybody want to play?”

There was laughter, and Toby said, “Fire it up, Doug. I’m glad you are with us, too.”

Brandon said, “It’s not like you could hide one of your boners in that Speedo Doug. Let me hit that joint, and I’ll go make sure no one is going to surprise us.”

There was a cough, and Brandon said, “That tastes good. I’ll be back in a minute.”

With Brandon coming, I made myself scarce by slipping in behind the big clump of thorny blackberry bushes. This sounded too good to miss.

From my concealed spot behind the blackberry hedge, I could see Brandon’s flip-flop-clad feet go up the trail and then back. He returned, and the festivities began.

It was easy to hear and tell precisely what was happening. It sounded like they were having a blast. I was so proud: my boys’ first orgy. Well, according to Tommy Holloway, probably not the first, just the first one they arranged. They were having fun.

Although I wanted to talk to them, this was their time. I quietly retreated and headed back toward the pool.

 

viii.

I walked to the pool house and entered the men’s side. There were plenty of kids in the pool, and there were a bunch of them skinny-dipping, as I saw a few bare bottoms as I approached. I went through the restroom on the men’s side and into the locker room. I took off my board shorts, shirt, and flip-flops and left them in an empty locker.

There was a difference between this pool house and the one back at Dockside Park. This one was arranged differently, so a sauna would fit in. It shared space in the back of the locker room with the showers partitioned by a tile divider. It was a different model from the one at home, sporting a control pad on the front. I noticed it was on and set low. I knocked and looked inside. It was empty and looked very familiar: a heater with a pile of rocks and an upper and lower row of benches.

I heard someone enter the restroom, and Todd Brent entered the locker room with a towel around his waist.

“Hi, Todd. I was just about to check out the sauna. Care to join me?”

That was a dumb question. He brightened and said, “Sure. I’d love to.”

I grabbed a towel, slipped out of my Speedo, tossed it in the locker, and put the towel around my waist. I held the door open and followed him in.

I sat beside him and asked, “Are you still afraid I might do something to you?”

He blushed and said, “I wish. I got raised hearing preachers and warnings about stranger danger. My Mom is religious nutty. Not spiritual-religious, but religious to look good to the neighbors. Since I met you and some guys I can trust, I’ve kind of let my hair down.”

I chuckled and said, “I’ve noticed. You’re becoming a real horn dog. I’ve also noticed you have been with some of our younger members. I don’t blame you. They’re cute, and they like you. Do you like younger boys? You wouldn’t be the only one in our group, and the young’uns aren’t complaining.”

Todd looked ashamed and tongue-tied. I put an arm around him and said, “It’s OK. If they are into it, I don’t have a problem with it. You might have noticed I hooked David up with my cousin Karl because I knew he would treat him like a little brother.”

Todd said, “I’m… a little intimidated by guys my age and older.”

“Todd, you don’t have to be hung like David or look like Aaron to be sexy. You’re a good-looking boy, and you’re packing respectable meat. The younger guys sure noticed and, when you gave me that kiss when we first met, I wanted to drag you off myself. I’m pretty sure some of our boys your age would be interested.”

Todd looked down and said, “It’s not that. I’ve got a little problem. I get so worked up when I do get to have sex, I cum too fast. With younger guys, it doesn’t matter so much but, when I’m with guys my age, they notice, and it’s a little embarrassing.”

“It’s a really common problem, Todd. You can talk to the shrinks about it or, I can try to help.”

He asked meekly, “Really? How?”

“First, the new guys in our group get a big brother. I claim you and David. You two are mine, mine, mine!”

Todd grinned and said, “I’d like that.”

I said, “Good.” I put my arm around him and asked. “When do you turn sixteen?”

“November 21st.”

“This is a touchy question but, how often do you jack off?”

Todd said, “Believe it or not, hardly ever. Mom doesn’t give us much privacy. She took the doors to our bedrooms off. That’s why I’m always looking to sneak off.”

“Jerking off is how most boys learn some measure of control. I’m guessing you go to Big Sandy Baptist?”

He said, “Yeah. That crazy preacher got my mom all wound up. I avoided him like herpes.

“How did you and David hook up?”

We’ve known each other since we were little. Dave has always liked to show off his big cock. One night we camped out in his yard in a tent. We wrestled, got hard, and dared each other to suck our cocks. We’ve been doing it ever since.”

I hear you have a younger brother, Karl’s age.”

Todd said, “Stevie? Hes my half-brother, so we don’t look much alike. He has been around the Game Zone, so; you’ll recognize him when you see him. His buddy Mark Polk is staying with us. His father got badly hurt in an accident and is in the hospital for a while. Those two are like bunnies and do it several times a day.

I noticed Todd got animated when he mentioned Mark. I filed that away and said, “They are probably just having fun. Many boys their age like to take a walk on the wild side.”

Todd said, “I know. I’m afraid those two are going to get caught, and Mom will freak out. You could have picked any of the guys for a little brother. I’m grateful but, why me?”

I said, “I like you. You’re cute, sweet, and good-hearted. You’re a horn-dog but, that’s OK. You just need a little coaching to be a real stud. Your mother might be right with Jesus, but her method of raising boys went out a hundred years ago. Boys you and your brother’s age need privacy. Jerking off is part of the sexual learning experience. I think not doing it is why you’ve got a hair-trigger. I don’t think it’s anything serious that a daily jerk-off session wouldn’t cure.”

Todd answered, “Really?”

“I think so. Many boys can’t sleep until they rub one out. Try it and see if it doesn’t improve over the next couple of weeks. Take a little break at Game Zone if you can’t at home. I know the boys like what you are packing but, cut back for a little while. Learn some control; you’ll last longer and enjoy it more.”

Todd hugged me, and I held him. We sat for a moment in companionable silence, and he asked, “Can we do it sometime?

Yes. It will be awhile, but we will. I love all my boys, but there’s something special about you. You are old enough to get a learner’s permit. How would you like for me to teach you how to drive?”

Todd twitched as he had sat on a tack. He hugged me with all his strength and, I think, may have sobbed. That was the moment Todd became one of my very own without reservation or regret.

 

ix.

We took a quick shower to get the sweat from the sauna off. Todd got dressed and, after a hug, headed toward the house to see if lunch was about ready.

I put my clothes back on to catch Toby and Brandon’s group before they came back for lunch. Just as I was pulling on my shirt, someone entered the bathroom. The sounds of making out followed some whispering.

Curious, I went through the restroom door and found a Matthew Stevens and Mike Bowers making out.

I smiled and said, “Are you glad you came, Mike?”

He laughed and said, “Oh God, yes.”

“Matthew, this is Mike Bowers. Mike, this is Matthew Stevens. I’m glad to see you two discovered each other. If you follow me, I’ll show you a more comfortable spot.”

I guided the two young men to the sauna and said, “Now, you two are going to have a great time.”

Kissing Mike’s neck, Matthew muttered, “Uh-huh.”

I grinned and said, “You two crazy kids take it easy and enjoy yourselves. Remember, they’re going to start serving lunch soon.”

I closed the door, shook my head, and headed back toward the grotto.

Another couple that seemed to form over our getaway to Arrowhead was Danny Miloy and Chip Daniels. I wouldn’t have bet on that happening. They seemed like an odd couple but, sometimes differences make for good chemistry. There they were, sitting at one of the picnic tables, holding hands. I stopped and asked, “Are you guys glad you came?”

Chip blushed and said, “I wish you had been around when I was a kid.”

Danny said, “Me too. Most of them haven’t figured out yet how lucky they are yet.”

“Some of them have,” Chip said. “I’ve talked to a few of them. I won’t use any of it but, they know.”

“Thank you for your discretion, Chip. There are some great stories here, but these boys don’t need the publicity that would go with it.”

Chip said, “There may be a way to do some stories without burning anybody. I write for a few gay publications in Atlanta under a pen name. I could do the stories and give them assumed names.”

I said, “Let’s think it through carefully. Why would we want to run these stories?”

Danny said, “Gay kids are often victimized and discriminated against. They don’t speak up because they don’t want to out themselves. Real stories raise awareness of the problems they face.”

Chip added, “Another excellent reason why I’d like to run the stories is the example you set. There are many very successful gay people in business and the professions. The way you step up to help your boys should challenge others.”

I said, “Not everyone is suited for doing this. There’s the matter of resources, temperament, and temptation. Don’t think I haven’t been tempted to turn caveman and drag a few of these cuties off.”

Both chuckled, and Danny said, “Oh, please. With this crowd, I’m surprised a mob of them haven’t dragged you off.”

“I’ve tried spanking them, but they like it too much. You’ve both given me good reasons. Would it be presumptuous if I asked to have a look at them before you published?”

Chip said, “A purist might question my journalistic integrity but, I don’t have a problem with it. You’re their protector, so looking out for them is reflexive for you.” He stood and said, “Danny, I think our burgers are about ready.”

Danny stood and spoke quietly in my ear, “You might want to have a word with your cousin Jason. I caught him fucking the new kid Rich who was blowing his little brother Michael. They were being safe.”

I nodded, and Danny and Chip went off to eat lunch holding hands. Well, at least Rich has good taste.

x.

I thought they would be done when I returned to the grotto. I was wrong. The little horn dogs were stark naked, playing sex games of all things. They even had blindfolds from the games we played the night before.

Brandon and Toby seemed to be the masters of ceremonies for Joey, Matty, Jacob Porter, Tommy Holloway, Doug Mitchel, and Travis Meadows. They seemed to be pairing up the blindfolded naked boys, letting them make out for a few minutes and then guess who they were with.

Toby spotted me, and I put my finger over my lips. As all the players had blindfolds on and were busy, he poked Brandon, put his finger over his lips, and pointed at me. The pair approached, and we stepped back out of the grotto to talk out of earshot of the others.

When the two very naked Rankin boys approached, I said, “It sure looks like y’all are having fun.”

Toby said, “You want to play? They’ll love it.”

Brandon said, “Yeah! They’ll be surprised if we pair them up with you. The only catch is you have to play naked.”

I put my arms around them and said, “I’ve been meaning to catch up with you two. I’m taking you both and Cole and Barry with us to Pensacola Tuesday. We’re staying at a nice resort on the beach.”

Their eyes widened, and Toby said, “You’re taking us to Florida?”

“Yep. It’s a nice resort where you guys can play while we work. I’ll play but, I’ve got to keep my Speedo on.”

They looked at each other, grinned, and Brandon said, “OK. You can keep your nut slingshot. Is there any way we could bring Joey and Matty?”

I’d love to, but their custody isn’t nailed down yet. It will have to be next time. I am glad you guys are getting along so well.”

“Joey is nothing like he was last year,” Toby said with a big grin. “He’s a lot of fun, and Matty is nice.”

I hugged Toby and Brandon and said, “I knew you guys would get along. Now, I suggest you tell our victims they have a mystery guest. Bring them out here one at a time, and one of you fill in. Bring Cole first, so I can give him the news.”

They agreed, went back to the group, and I slipped out of my board shorts and shirt and hung them on a blackberry bush. A few minutes later, Toby led Cole to me, and I wrapped him up in a hug.

 

Cole

Cole ran his hand over my chest, whispered, “You aren’t a mystery. Nobody has pecs like you, Tim.”

“Disappointed?”

His hands explored me, and he said, “A little. You are only mostly naked.”

“I wanted to tell you that I’m taking you, Toby, Brandon, and Barry with us to Pensacola Tuesday.”

Cole hugged me fiercely and said, “That’ll be great. I expect it’ll be hot in Florida in all sorts of ways.” He put arms around my neck and spoke in my ear, “Tim, I want to fuck someone. With my beer can dick, I can’t fuck any of the younger guys. Could you hook me up with someone?”

I immediately thought of Rich and his propensity for liking it bareback. “I’m sure I can.

A fourteen, soon to be fifteen-year-old, had no business at all with a dangerous weapon like Cole’s cock. It was only modest in length but, it was bigger around than a beer can. He really couldn’t use it on another kid, but he could plow Rich into nirvana with it. He had been fooling around for about an hour and was mostly sated.

Cole chuckled and said, “Be warned: Doug and his buddy Travis are crushing on you hard. They miss Andrew physically but are glad to be done with his weirdness and manipulation and see you as a big upgrade.”

I asked, “Do you know about their history?”

He said, “A little. Doug is Judge Mitchel’s grandson, and they adopted Travis. I know Doug has physical problems Travis helps him with. They’re an odd pairing but very tight. Doug has a lot of attitude but, Travis is sweet. If you’re around them much, you’ll figure out Doug is the alpha dog in their pack despite the age difference. I’m getting hungry, so I’ll cut this short.”

“Good plan. I’m beginning to smell the food.”

After one last hug, I led Cole back to the edge of the grotto.

 

Joey

Brandon led Joey to me with his pup right on their heels and retreated as soon as he delivered his charge. I wrapped my arms around him and kissed the top of his head.

He whispered, “Timmy?”

“You’ve got on a blindfold. I could be a big ole bear that wants to eat you up.”

Joey chuckled and said, “That sounds like fun.”

I patted his bare bottom and said, “You figured out a name for your pup yet?”

Joey put his arms around me and said, “I think we should call him Smiley. You’re supposed to be naked to play this game, you know.”

“That sounds like a good name for him. He seems like a happy little guy.”

He asked carefully, “You aren’t mad because we….

“No. I’m glad to see you getting along and having fun with your brothers.”

Joey said, “Brothers. I like the sound of that. You were right about Toby and Brandon. They’ve been great to me, and so has everybody else. Coming to live with you has been a dream come true.

“Then I’ve got some news you should find even more awesome. If you decide to go to the Academy this fall, you won’t have to be a seventh-grader again. You’ll have to catch up. There’ll be more work….

Joey jumped into my arms, wrapped me up with his arms and legs, squeezed me with all his might, and kissed my cheek. I stroked his hair, hugged him back, and said, “I thought you might like that.”

“I’ve been dreading being a seventh-grader again…” Abruptly, his train of thought came to a complete derailment. He shivered and said, “Oh, Tim… this feels so good.”

“I’d say all of you seems pretty happy.”

He whispered, “I’ve been fooling around with the guys for an hour. I was horny to start with, and….” He whimpered and said, “Oh God, you feel so good.”

“I’m just giving my horny little buddy a hug.”

Joey shivered and said, “Some hug. This might get messy.”

“That’s what towels are for.”

Joey quivered, and his voice cracked when he said, “Fair warning. You’re going to need one soon.”

After cleaning up, Joey laughed that musical laugh of his and said, “I’m getting the idea you like me. I want more of your hugs.”

 

Jacob

Toby led Jacob out and retreated.

I embraced him, and he sighed. He ran his hands over my arms and said, “That’s got to be you, Tim.”

“You’re blindfolded. I might be a big old bear about to lick you in naughty places.”

He chuckled, leaned against me, and said, “Feel free! Is that story true?”

“Yeah. The bear licked me in the face first, but, I was sitting up. The other guys were lying on their stomachs and had a sunblock on their behinds that must have smelled good to the bear.”

“They’re so lucky. I’m sure it was scary with a bear doing it, but it feels spectacular. Andrew would do that for me but, no one else will.” Jacob took a mischievous tone and said, “So… I’m wearing a blindfold and, I can’t be sure who I’m with, does that mean... maybe you’ll let me get away with a little more?” Jacob's hands massaged my cock inside my Speedos.

“Maybe", I replied as my traitorous cock hardened. "Just don't on bear-lingus."

Jacob chuckled as his hands explored me intimately and said, “This trip has been a blast. I’ve lot's of new friends who are almost as horny as me... and holy crap! You're huge."

“It's your fault for waking him up. The idea is to surround you with safe kids your own age to figure it out with. I know you guys got used to having Andrew around, and many boys your age crush on older guys. I’m not going to try to replace Andrew, but you should easily find some buds around your age to have fun with.”

Jacob said, I talked to our cousins. We wonder why you’re so cagy about doing stuff with us. You look great, and we would all be OK with it. We’re all curious about it.”

“Have you ever heard of one of your older cousins named Beau?”

Thankfully, Jacob stopped his exploration and shook his head.

He was around when I was younger than you are now. He was all Porter horny, handsome, and hung. The problem with Beau was he was in his late twenties, and he drank too much. He gave me and some other cousins my age some good homegrown moonshine and then blow jobs when I was eleven or twelve. It was like my first one, and of course, I loved it. The problem was: He was doing it to practically all the boys-some who didn’t want to.”

I liked it. It felt great, and he was fun. I used to look for excuses to hang out with Beau. One day, he had been drinking. I thought it was just more fun, and it was at first. He got me high, ate my ass turned me over... well, he fucked me. It hurt like a bitch, and I even bled a little. Since that happened, I’ve had a phobia about anyone fucking me. I never trusted Beau again after that. I wasn’t the only one he did it to. What he was doing to the boys got out, and the families asked him to leave the Valley and not come back. I don’t ever want to be that guy.”

We’re alike, Jacob. An adult gave us a taste for the hobby, but, it’s dangerous now. I don’t want you to have to go looking to pricks like Andrew or Beau to scratch that itch. Ideally, you can find a boy around your age. I haven’t done stuff with the cousins. Not because they aren’t special to me, but because they are.

Jacob said, “I don’t think anyone would ever mistake you for a Beau or an Andrew. That hug of yours yesterday made me feel… like I was special or something.”

I rubbed noses with him and said, “You are special. All my boys are in some way.

“I’m not special,” Jacob complained sullenly. “I’m not talented like Michael or good-looking like Alan.

You aren’t being fair to yourself by comparing yourself to a sixteen or fifteen-year-old. However, for a thirteen-year-old, you’re a cutie. I can’t help but have a few favorites”, and I hugged Jacob, “or the Holloway brothers. I’m delighted to see you and Tommy hitting it off.”

Jacob blushed and grinned sheepishly. “I like Tommy a lot. We’ve been friends for years. Now we’re even friendlier. Thanks, Tim.

“You’re welcome. Getting hungry?”

He nodded, and I started to guide him back to the grotto.

Before we got back, he said, “You should tell our cousins about Beau. They’ll understand.”

Matty

Brandon led Matty out next. He looked a little nervous as Brandon whispered something to him, returned to the grotto.

Blindfolded and naked, Matty jumped when I put my hand on his shoulder.

Matty reached out to me and put a hand on my right pec. Once he found me, his hands explored me… intimately. He got hold of my arm and said, “Tim?”

I said, “No. I’m a big hairy bear here to eat cute boys.” I licked his shoulder and said, “Grrr, yummy boy.”

Matty giggled, drew close to me, and put his arms around me.

I hugged him back and asked, “Are you enjoying our getaway?”

Matty gushed, “This has been so much fun. I never thought I would see Robbie again, and we ended up in the same group last night.”

“The new boy from DeKalb?”

Matty said, “Yeah. Jacob (Cole) and I met Robbie at a ratty old park by the river in DeKalb. The three of us spent a few nights in a hotel. I like him a lot. I like you a lot, too. I can talk to you about stuff, and you don’t act like it’s all gross. Can I ask you something?”

Sure, Matty.”

“I like you, and I love my friends here. Can I stay?”

“I have to be honest with you, Matty. I’ll try to make that happen, but, it all depends on your grandfather. You, Joey, and Billy are so much fun to have around; it would be a shame to break you up.”

Matty was quiet for a moment and said, “I liked you from the first time we met. You didn’t tell me I was going to be staying with you. You invited me. Just now, you told me the truth when many adults would have just told me what they thought I wanted to hear. You don't treat me like a dumb kid. The way you are, the way you treat me and the other boys, I want you to be my Daddy.”

I dropped to a knee and hugged him. I could understand why Jacob Cole had fallen for the little guy. Matty was sweet enough to give you diabetes.

 

Tommy

Toby led Tommy Holloway out of the grotto. They were both laughing about something. Toby stopped and said, “This is where I stop, Tommy. I’ll see you in a few minutes.”

As Toby retreated, I circled behind Tommy and put my arms around him.

He said, “Tim!”

“No, I’m a big old bear, and I’m going to eat you up.”

He leaned back against me and said, “Without steak sauce? Nah.”

“You’ve got a point. Are you enjoying our getaway?”

Tommy leaned back into me like a recliner, sighed, and said, “This is comfortable. This trip has been a blast: skinny-dipping with your cousins, getting to know Jacob a lot better, and the games last night were fun. I got paired up with Juan, Leo, and your cousin Jason. After playing with these guys, I’m pooped.”

I said, “You can recharge soon. After we’re done here, Roderick will have some lunch ready for us.”

“I’m recharging right here.”

 

Doug

Brandon led Doug along the path, whispered something in his ear that made Doug smile, and began to retreat.

I stopped him with a wave and whispered in his ear, “Want to help?”

He smiled, nodded, and took station close by.

I approached Doug from behind. I put my arms around him. He ran his hands over my arms, sighed, and relaxed into me.

“Nobody else has arms like yours, Tim.”

“I might be a big old bear here to eat you up.”

Doug massaged my Speedo and said, “This game is supposed to be played naked.”

“Sorry about that, Doug. Did you have fun last night?

“Oh God, yes! David is spectacular. I’ve always liked him. He’s just such... a boy. I never thought he would like to... you know.”

“Many boys like to... you know. I’ll bet since you’ve been with us, you’ve met a lot of them that you would never have guessed they liked to... you know.”

He laughed softly and said, “True enough. Well, my friendship with David went to a new level last night. Thank you.”

I kissed his cheek and said, “I’m glad, and you’re welcome. What did Brandon say to you?”

Doug groped my growing hardness and said, “He said if you like me, you could make me forget all about Andrew.”

I kissed his cheek again and said, “I do really like you but, I hope, I’m nothing at all like Andrew. I can’t just do it with you younger guys, no matter how cute you are.”

With his hand caressing my cock, he said, “This is a huge improvement over Andrew.”

I held him and said, “While I can’t do stuff with you, I can hook you up like I did last night. How do you like Brandon?”

I’ve always liked him. Brandon was hot to start with, and this summer has been great for him. He’s taller, tan, and growing pecs. He could be a model.

Brandon said, “Thanks, Doug. You’re looking pretty good, too.”

Doug said, “Brandon? I didn’t know you were still here.”

I said, “He’s volunteered...”

Brandon went down on Doug’s cock, causing him to shudder, and I said, “...to welcome you to our team.”

I held Doug as Brandon sucked his cock and made him squirm with ecstasy.

Unfortunately, as much fun as it would be, I can’t. I’ll make sure you have the chance to have fun with your friends, be safe, and spoil you a little along the way. Cool?”

Doug’s voice cracked as he said, “Oh God, yes!

Doug was horny, and he didn’t last long. He grabbed Brandon’s head as I continued to hold him as his orgasm took him. As soon as Brandon was done, Doug immediately dropped to his knees and returned to favor.

A happy team is a winning team.

 

Travis

Toby led a naked, nervous, blindfolded Travis out to the sheltered grove. I signaled for Toby to stay with us. Toby was all in, so he winked and nodded.

Travis was small for fifteen. I thought he was just thirteen or fourteen when I first saw him. He was slightly taller than Doug, and his pale porcelain skin contrasted with his shoulder-length jet black hair. He wasn’t particularly athletic, but there was no flab on him. He had very little body hair except for a small patch above his cock.

I slipped behind him and gently wrapped my arms around him, and said, “I’m a big hungry bear looking for tasty boy morsels in the woods. Yum.”

He laughed, relaxed, and said, “Tim?”

“Yeah. I haven’t had a chance to get to know you well yet, but, I like what Doug had to say about you last night.”

Travis leaned against me and said, “When Judge Mitchel adopted me, I didn’t know what to think but, Doug and I hit it off from the start.”

I stroked his hair and said, “Doug says you were with him day and night while he was in casts and helped him with everything. You are an exceptional sort, Travis. I want you on our team.”

“Doug told me you offered us both spots at the Game Zone. I look forward to it. I want to ask you something, but...”

“Think that through, Travis. You’re naked in the woods, blindfolded, with a friendly bear hugging you. What could be embarrassing?”

Travis said, “Point taken. There’s something that turns me on that I think you can help me with. I mean, I know you’re not like Andrew... Oh balls, I’m screwing this up.”

I squeezed Travis gently and said, “Go ahead and spit it out. Unless you’re a lot further out there than I thought, it’s probably not the kinkiest thing I’ve heard today.”

Travis said in a rush, “I like black guys.”

Toby’s eyes widened at Travis’s admission, and I raised a finger. Toby gave me a look and pointed back to the grotto. I nodded, and he retreated. Toby would know, but, he would never say a word.

I purposely yawned and said, “And?

Travis blushed at what he obviously thought was an awkward admission and sputtered, “Well, you know. It’s the South.”

I gently tightened my hug and said, “I know. Many people don’t like gay guys either. We, of all people, should understand stupid prejudice. I like some black guys too. Some of my favorite ones are in our group.”

Travis asked, “Could you, you know, hook me up with one?”

I put my right hand over his heart and asked, “are you thinking with this...” I moved my left hand down and gently tickled his balls, “or this,” causing him to twitch and giggle. I put the hand back over his heart and said, “This thinks pretty good.” I tickled his balls again, causing him to squirm, and said, “This works OK for its designed function but, it doesn’t think very well.”

Laughing, Travis said, “Both, I guess. I was eleven when my folks went to prison. I was placed in a foster home with four other boys. There was a black kid there named Samson. He was thirteen. He was bigger and older than the rest of us, but he was nice. We shared a room, and one night after lights out, I was crying. He came over and sat on my bed. He hugged me, told me I was a cute little pup, everything was going to be all right, he was going to take care of me, and he kissed me right on the nose. Every night he would come over, hold me, and talk to me. I loved him a lot. When I had a wet dream and didn’t know what it was, he told me it was cool, and I’d become a little man. He taught me how to jerk off and gave me my first blow job. We did a lot of that together. Then I got adopted and never saw him again.”

I said, “What you fell in love with wasn’t a black guy. What you fell in love with was a loving boy who just happened to be black. He taught you to be loving by example and, you shared that with Doug, didn’t you?”

Travis nodded.

I turned him around, kissed Travis on the nose, and said, “You’re a cute little pup; everything will be all right, and I’m going to take care of you. I can’t promise, but I’ll try to find Samson for you. He sounds like someone I’d like to have on our team.”

Travis put his arms around me and hugged me.

I stroked his hair and said, “I’m going to meet with Billy Johnson after lunch. I’ll introduce you. The rest is up to you two. Remember: Billy is a nice, good-looking boy but, don’t expect him to be anyone but Billy. Knowing him, that should do just fine. OK?”

Travis said, “Thank you, Tim.”

“Billy should be thanking me for introducing him to such a hottie.”

 

xi.

The boys from the grotto put their clothes back on and, we headed back to the house for lunch. After a short wait, we were able to fix our plates and have a seat at the big table on the sun porch. In addition to the boys from the grotto, Lee, Jeb, David, Little Karl, and several of my cousins had gathered for this sitting.

Lunch was amazing. We had grilled burgers with cheese, bacon, and all the fixings: garden fresh tomatoes, sweet onions, homemade pickles, and, grilled Jalapeño peppers. The sides were just as good: fries, grilled corn on the cob, and baked beans. There was even lemon icebox pie. Roderick and his grill crew guys were just plain showing off.

When we were done, Lee said, “I intend to take the family over to our place for a little visit. Want to go?”

“I have to meet with Billy for a few minutes, but that shouldn’t take long. Sure. Billy, let’s get that done right quick, so we won’t keep them waiting.” I gave Travis a wink.

Lee said, “A few people going are eating at the next seating, so it’ll be another thirty minutes or so.”

After lunch, Billy followed me to the room I had set aside as an office on the first floor near the kitchen. We had a seat, and I said, “Over the next few weeks, there will be a string of deliveries here, and I need for someone to be here between ten and two. Then when hunting season rolls around, I thought it would be good to have a host on hand to ensure everything squared away between hunts. I thought that this would be a good experience for you and Kerry because of something I have planned for a few years down the road.”

He asked, “What do you have in mind?”

“There isn’t a decent hotel on this stretch of highway - certainly none anyone would want to take their family to. I figure if I build a decent mid-range hotel, we’ll get a lot of tired interstate travelers and truckers. There will be other stuff going on but, if you have some experience hosting guests here and take a few courses in hotel and restaurant management, you could be the general manager and have some of our other cousins working with you.”

Billy grinned and said, “That sounds interesting. What brand hotel are you thinking of?”

“Something like a Quality Inn: not expensive but, not a dive either. We may decide to go retro and do something like an old-fashioned motor court where we have a bunch of cabins. They have gone out of style, but many people still like them, even if just for nostalgia’s sake. That’s in the future. What we’re most concerned about now is making our July fourth festivities a hit. Youll have some help too.”

Billy said, “I will?”

“There will be some back and forth between Lakeview and here and, Im going to assign one of the boys to help you out. He’s a nice kid and pretty cute too.”

Billy’s eyebrows went up in surprise, and he asked, “Tim, are you hooking me up?”

“Only if you are into it. I think Travis is nice enough to see one of my cousins.”

There was a knock on the door, and Travis entered just in time.

“Billy, this is Travis. He will be helping us get ready for our Independence Day celebration, so you’ll be seeing him a couple of times a week from now until the party starts. I do hope you will enjoy working together.

I showed Billy the calendar, a list of phone numbers, chores that needed to be done, and a list of expected deliveries. He agreed to be at Arrowhead Lodge from ten until two every weekday until the Fourth. When I mentioned the weekly salary, Billy was all in.

 

xii.

I had thirty minutes, and I spotted Zeke Smith and Charlie Scott parked on the couch in the living room watching a baseball game. They were a cute pair. They even had a similar look: long and lean with long hair and rangy, coltish features. The difference was Charlie was blond, and Zeke had brown, sun-bleached hair.

I approached them and said, “Next commercial break, join me in the master bedroom.”

Zeke stood up and said, “It’s just the Braves. We can watch them lose any time.”

“Give me a minute before you come up. If I surprise anyone in the room, better, its just me and not three people.”

Zeke and Charlie gave me their silly stoner grins, nodded, and stayed put.

When I arrived upstairs, the door to the master bedroom was open, and it was empty. That wasn’t a given with this crowd. I had noted several of the doors on this floor were closed, so; someone was getting lucky, just not here.

A few minutes later, Zeke and Charlie arrived, almost prancing like a pair of happy puppies. I had them follow me out on the small balcony off the master bedroom. The three of us sat on the porch swing, with me in the middle.

Charlie said, “Last night was a trip.

“I take it you guys are having fun?”

Charlie grinned sheepishly and said, “I had my doubts about the blindfold thing, but, wow!

Zeke said, “I was with Joey Porter and Chance Stevens. They were both primo.

I put my arms around them and said, “I’m glad things are going well. I haven’t had much time to get to know you two but, I feel like I know you already.

Charlie said, “Being skaters, stoners, and gay, we’re not the most popular people in town.

“You’re my kind of people. I wasn’t a skater but, I checked the stoner and gay boxes. Besides, you’re both cute. Are you two a couple?

They both blushed, and Zeke said, “I’ve never really thought about it that way.”

Charlie said, “Best friends for sure.”

Zeke sighed and said, “We were each other’s only friend until someone cool caught us smoking out behind his arcade and hired us. Now, things are looking up.

I smirked and said, “As a stoner myself, I know your secret. That’s why I hired you.”

Charlie said, “What secret? Once you know the gay and stoner part, there aren’t anymore.

I said, “It’s more about stoners in general. I know you’re both painfully shy, sensitive, and you only really feel normal when you’re high. You feel like yesterday you were watching cartoons in your underwear on Saturday mornings, and now you’re supposed to get a job and figure out the future. Life is very complicated, and staying stoned is our way of hiding out from it for a little while. Oh, and how good a blow job is when you’re high and listening to the right music.

Zeke said, “I still like to watch Saturday morning cartoons in my underwear.

Charlie said, “Well, they did say Tim could read minds.”

I chuckled and said, No mind-reading was necessary. I’ve been there and done that. I want to make a deal with you two.”

Charlie brushed back his hair and looked at Zeke, raising an eyebrow. Zeke said, “Dude, you’re like the Boss. We do what you say.”

“Not this. This is a suggestion between friends, not a boss to workers. I’ll tell you what you get first. If you do as I ask, I’ll buy you a nice used truck to share, pick up your insurance, and I’ll drive you two around in the country to practice. It’ll be fun. “

Charlie said, “Holy... What do you want from us?”

I said, “What I want is simple and easy. I want you not to buy any weed and stay straight while working. After work and weekends, you can come to the house and smoke out discretely. You’re welcome to pick out a room to stay over whenever you want. The idea is to be straight, but you can party when appropriate. It’ll keep you away from the buying/selling side, where most people get busted. This will protect you from the law and help you manage life better. High is cool but, high all the time gets to be a lot of trouble, and you two are getting to the age where that’s almost inevitable.”

Charlie and Zeke listened to my proposal in stunned silence for a moment.

Zeke said, “We don’t have to quit, just get high when it’s appropriate? That’s all we have to do?”

I said, “That’s the idea. Not too long ago, Kevin and Lance were all day, everyday smokers. They were just bored. Now, they just smoke out at night before bed and, sometimes, they don’t smoke at all. They’re too busy.

Charlie asked, “If we don’t buy weed...”

That’s not a problem. I’ve got nice, safe, quiet connections. Do this, and I guarantee good things will happen for you beyond just getting a vehicle. You’ve already got numerous new friends. Working and doing well will help with your folks. So... what do you say?

Charlie and Zeke had a complete conversation with their eyes in seconds. Zeke said, “You’re on.”

 

xiii.

On the way downstairs, I ran into Lee’s younger brother, Jason.

Jason was sixteen. Two years younger than Lee, Jason looked like his older brother but had a lighter build. He was shirtless, wearing faded cut-off blue jean shorts and a battered pair of sneakers.

He met me with a grin and said, “Lee sent me over to pick you up. They won’t be ready for you for another few minutes at the house. They’re already over there getting ready. Could I speak to you for a few minutes?”

Of course, Jason. We’ll head in the direction of your house, but take our time.”

Jason led me outside to the six-wheeled ATV I had given them for work and fun. It was a four-seater with plenty of ground clearance. I immediately noticed a decal on the back of a big brown catfish.

I chuckled and asked, “A friend of yours?”

Jason said, “We call it the Mud Cat. It’s a lot of fun. You wouldn’t believe the mud we’ve had it in. Michael and Keith drove through the outskirts of the swamp and came back so covered with mud; I had to hose them down in the yard.”

The ATV was clean and shiny, so obviously, his younger brothers weren’t the only thing that had been hosed down.

I got in the passenger seat, Jason fired it up, and we took off on a trail from Arrowhead to the Henderson house at a sedate pace. It wasn’t as bumpy as I thought. Jason did not go to his house but detoured South over a mile and finally went up a hill that provided an excellent overview of Arrowhead Lodge, Lake Arrowhead, surrounding swamp, and the ridgeline to the south enclosed the valley.

Jason parked the buggy. We got out to have a better look at the panorama from under the shade of a giant oak that had been merely huge during the Civil War. I was surprised that there was a split log bench under the tree. Jason and I sat on the bench, taking in the scenery. I could tell he was a little nervous.

Jason sighed and said, “It’s not hard to love this place but, I envy Lee getting a chance to get a good look at what lies beyond the ridge.”

I said, “You’ll get your chance when you graduate. By that time, our telecom company will be up and running, and I will have things happening right here so you guys will have more choices.”

Jason looked perplexed and asked, “More choices?”

“My Dad’s choice was to join the Marines. Uncle Karl joined the Army. Practically all the men in the last few generations of our family have joined the military. That’s not a bad choice. A term in the armed forces helps many young people grow up and get their act together. I want you guys to have more choices like college or a decent job. The lack of choices is why so much of rural America is dying on the vine.”

Jason said, “Yeah, it sucks that so many of our kin have to move off to get work. I’m excited about what I heard you say last night. After I graduate, can I come down and work with you guys?”

“Youre more than welcome but, by then, you’ll have more choices. When we have our July 4th celebration, I will be talking to the heads of the families about planning for some more things we can do moving forward.”

Jason stood and pulled a Secrets box out of his pocket and said, “Would you like a taste of our homegrown?”

I smiled and said, “Sure.”

He had a joint rolled and fired it up, and we passed it until it was gone.

I put my arm around Jason and asked, “Meet anyone interesting?”

They’re all cool but, I got along with several. Last night I got paired with a kid named Tommy, then another Tommy who was a little older, and today I met Rich. I’d sure like to hang out with them more.”

Tommy and his brother Larry like to fish and hunt, and I’m pretty sure we’ll be seeing more of Rich.

Jason grinned and said, “Cool. Rich told me how good you were. That blindfold thing reminds me of a game we play.

“Really? How does it work?”

Jason’s eyes twinkled with mischief, and he said, “It’s a secret. It’s a lot of fun, but you’ll have to play to be in on it. Maybe we’ll show you over the fourth. Come on. They should be ready now.

We got back in the ATV and went the rest of the way to the Henderson house.

Jason parked the ATV in front of the barn. My Henderson, Porter and Johnson cousins from the night before were all waiting.

Lee’s younger brothers Jason, Michael, and Keith wanted to show off what they had accomplished with their new equipment. I followed them around the property, where numerous stumps were gone, as was a boulder that had bedeviled their cornfield for as long as anyone could remember. The place looked fantastic.

We went inside and visited for a while. Someone had made a chocolate sheet cake with pecans. It was still warm, and there was homemade ice cream. Their goodies were delicious.

When we all got settled in the living room, Lee said, “Jacob told Jason and me about Beau Porter and, we’ve heard a lot about that creep Andrew who seduced many of the kids from Lakeview. We are all sure you aren’t anything like either one.”

Alan looked to his eldest brother Michael asked, “Who was Beau Porter?”

Michael Porter shrugged and said, “I’ve never heard of him.”

Jacob said, “Beau Porter was one of our cousins who was in his mid-twenties when Jake, Dylan, and Tim were younger than us. He got them all drunk and high and introduced them to the Hobby when they were just eleven or twelve. He got in trouble because he fucked some boys too young who didn’t want to. The family didn’t call the law. They asked him to leave.

Michael looked at his youngest brother suspiciously and asked, “How did you know about him?”

I said, “I told him when we talked earlier. I know you guys have had to wonder why I haven’t

Lee said, “I was warned about Beau by some of our older cousins. Last I heard, he lived in Ashford. I think we all understand why you haven’t done anything with us despite all of us giving you clues; it would be fine.

I said, “I’ve tried to be different from guys like Andrew or Beau. It’s not that you guys aren’t special to me. I just don’t want to be like the predators I encountered growing up. I did try to hook you up.

Billy Johnson said, “You did a fine job of it.

Everybody in the room began clapping, and I said, “It wasn’t hard to get you guys laid. I’m pretty sure a lot of my guys will want to come back regularly.”

Jason said, “That’ll work just fine.”

Little Karl said, “It has been great getting to hang out with our cousins. I wouldn’t mind living up here.

Keith and Michael Henderson exchanged high-5s with Little Karl, and Jason put his arm around him. The trip had been good for him.

I said, “One thing I have noticed is it’s getting pretty hot. What do you guys think about heading back to the lodge for a swim?”

I looked around the room, and there were plenty of nods.

Lee loaded the cousins up the Mud Cat, and after two trips, Jason and I were the only two left. Lee offered to come back for us, but it wasn’t so far. Jason and I decided to walk back. Lee rumbled off in the six-wheeled ATV with his little brothers.

It was just a little fifteen-minute hike, but it was sweltering hot, and the humidity had set in with a vengeance. Jason was his usual laconic self. We moved along in companionable silence, but I could tell Jason had something on his mind.

He finally said, “I don’t think Uncle Fred is doing so well.”

“He is in his late sixties, and he gets up and runs the farm all day. He pushes himself hard. Do you know what he is having done in Memphis?”

Jason said, “He didn’t tell us. I overheard him tell Roy it was a cardiac catheterization. I’m not sure what that is, but anything to do with the heart is scary.”

“If I remember correctly, it is a diagnostic procedure where they send a tiny probe into the heart to see if all is well. One of my high school team coaches had one because he had chest pains. They did some additional work on him, and he’s still coaching.”

Jason asked hopefully, “So he’ll be all right?”

I understood Jason’s anxiety. He and his brothers had lost both of their parents in an auto accident when the youngest had been a toddler. Fred Henderson had taken them in and raised them as his own.

“I can’t say for sure, but probably. Anyone who can run a farm must be strong and healthy, but his age is pushing it. I can tell you one thing for sure.”

Jason asked, “What is that?”

I put my arm around him and said, “You and your brothers have nothing to worry about. I’m not going anywhere anytime soon.

When we finally arrived at Arrowhead Lodge, we did some serious skinny dipping in the new pool. It was in the heat of the day, and our busses would soon be coming for us about three-thirty. It soon grew into almost everyone and allowed me to arrange several chats.

 

xiv.

I invited Ray, Walt, and Juan into the sauna for our chat. We sat down wrapped in towels, and I asked how they were doing, and they all started bawling with laughter.

“That good?”

Juan answered, “Better. I’ve never had so many friends. I love it here!”

“Everybody is so friendly,” Walt gushed.

I said, Things are going to get better and better for all three of you.”

Walt asked, “Are you going to teach us how to drive?”

“Of course. It’s a lot of fun to drive around out in the country and explore. I’ve got to go out of town this week, but I’ll be back Friday.”

Ray asked, “What about the Judge?”

“Well see her Tuesday morning. She’s a friendly Judge, so it’s just a formality. They checked us out thoroughly and have seen that we are taking good care of you. So… who did you guys get paired up with last night?

The three blushed furiously, and Ray answered, “I got paired up with Alan, Joey, and Lance. It was awesome.”

Walt replied, “I was paired with Jo-Jo, Travis, and Rocky. I had no complaints.”

Juan said with a sly grin, “I was paired with Adam, Rodney, and Tommy H. I thought they were all timid, but I was wrong.”

“I take it you all had fun.”

That started them on a giggling jag, and getting anything else out of them was futile. My rescues were three happy boys. Silly but happy.

xv.

After a quick rinse in the shower, I headed back inside to meet Ray’s teammates in the master bedroom. It was the largest group so far.

Leo Lewis, Mike Sims, Stacy Frasier, Rocky Anderson, Gene Watts, and Big Ted Jorgensen filled the room. They were in high spirits and had a good time.

When we all got settled, I said, “I’ve already met with Ray, so he’s not missing. Have you been having a good time?”

All of them started smiling, nodding, and blushing.

“Good. Monday, you gentlemen will start your conditioning program at Ander’s Gym and get a few hours of work a day at the Game Zone. When football starts in earnest in late July or August, you’ll be ready. I know the season will keep you busy, but you’ll have a spot when it’s done.”

Stacy Frasier asked, “We’re going to be sore and tired. I’ve heard that you give great massages. Can we get in on that?”

“I have to be out of town from Tuesday to late Friday. Ander’s gym has a big whirlpool and a steam room. Make use of them. They’ll help. There are others I’ve taught, but they’re going with me. We’ll see when we get back. Is there anything else we need to discuss?

Leo Lewis asked, “Could I have a private word with you?”

Stacy Frasier said, “I want one too.”

I stood, walked to the sliding door to the balcony, and said, “OK, Leo, you’re first. The rest of you who want a word, wait here.”

Leo followed me out onto the balcony. We sat on the swing, and Leo nervously asked, “I… like Toby, but he’s really into Cole….

I grinned and said, “It’s not like they are married.

Leo said, “I don’t want to start trouble or anything.

Let me have a word with the players. I know Toby likes you.”

“He does?”

“You’ve got art in common, and that’s a good place to start. I know Cole won’t begrudge Toby a buddy. Be patient, and let’s talk later, OK?”

Leo rose and said, “Thanks for everything. This trip has been a lot of fun.”

It has been good to get out of town and have some fun. Send Stacy out.”

Leo departed, and Stacy arrived on the balcony and sat beside me.

Stacy had a runner’s build: tall, thin, and rangy like Kelly but much more solid. He had dark blond hair summer sun had lightened. Stacy wore a serious demeanor. I could tell something was bugging him.

“Hi, Stacy. What’s on your mind?”

“I’m… feeling a little weird about last night. I got paired up with Matthew Stevens, Doug Mitchel, and Robbie Roberts.

I grinned and said, “That should have been a blast.”

Stacy sighed and said, “It was. We had blindfolds, and I didn’t know who I was with until after. Matthew is hung like a horse, and Doug is hot. After those two, I was so horny I was hurting. I didn’t know it was Robbie. He felt me up and went down on me. I nutted hard and, he swallowed.

It was the luck of the draw Stacy. I noticed that Ritchie’s kids were sexually aggressive the first day I met them. A molester in Dekalb that messed with them. Robbie wouldn’t have done that if he didn’t want to. You’ve got nothing to be ashamed of.”

Stacy raised his shirt to show off the circus tent he was pitching and said, “The thing is, it was one of the best blow jobs I’ve ever had. Just thinking about it makes me hard.”

“Think it through, Stacy: you had just been with Matthew and Doug. By the time you and Robbie got together, you were about to explode. Joey’s puppy could have licked your goods and set you off.

Stacy grinned and said, “You’re probably right. I hadn’t thought of it that way. You see, when I was eight, there was an older boy in my neighborhood who I thought was cool. He would pay attention to me, play with me and be my friend, but only if I would suck him off. At first, it was fun. Then I figured out he was using me and stopped being his toy. When I found out it was Robbie last night, it made me feel like I was acting like him.

I put my arm around Stacy and said, “You aren’t like him at all. It bothered you even though Robbie volunteered, and you enjoyed it. I know Ritchie’s boys. They like older guys with big cocks, and he enjoyed it as much as you did.

Stacy said, “I didn’t think mine was that big for a sixteen-year-old.”

Judging from that circus tent you have pitched, it’s respectable. From Robbie’s perspective, it’s huge. I thought you were a sophomore.”

“My birthday is in late August, so my mom waited a year before she let me start school. I’m a little older than most of the guys in my class. It’s very cool being the only one with a driver’s license. How am I supposed to face Robbie after last night?”

That’s the easy part. Robbie is a sweet little guy. Thank him. Hug him, talk to him and play with him. Don’t be surprised if he wants to blow you again. What you do is between you and Robbie. Remember what I said last night?”

Stacy nodded and said, “Be respectful and responsible… kind, gentle, and treat them like they’re special.”

Good. You were listening. The younger boys are attracted to you bigger boys for all sorts of reasons. That can be bad, but it can be a good thing if you don’t use him as a little cum dumpster as some guys would. Many people would be horrified that I’m treating this like I am. Robbie is a little kid, but he has the call of the wild if you know what I mean.”

Grinning, Stacy said, “Yeah. Me too.

I asked, “What happens when you forbid kids from having sex?”

He said, “We screw around anyway.”

“Exactly. That puts sweet little Robbie in all sorts of danger from people who would exploit him, expose him to AIDS or other STDs. Within our group, he gets to play, and we can protect him. I’d much rather he play with you than the creep that was messing with them where they used to live.”

Stacy was quiet and thoughtful, so I asked, “I don’t know anything about you or your family. Do you have any siblings?”

He replied, “I’ve got an older sister, but she lives in Orlando with her husband. It’s just my mom and me. She divorced my dad when I was little.

I said, “It’s just a thought, but it might do you good to have a little brother to hang out and play with. It would sure do Robbie some good. Gene knows them well.

Stacy chuckled and said, “I’ve always wanted one. I just don’t want to be like… him.”

“Then don’t be. Remember what he did that bugged you, and don’t do it. Don’t make your friendship conditional on what he can do for you. If you do have sex, don’t be selfish and be discrete.

“Thanks, Tim. I think I’d like a buddy, and I’m pretty sure I know what not to do.”

When he stood, I followed him inside and said, “It’s too hot to stay out there for long.”

Stacy departed and left me with Rocky.

He grinned at me and said, “Thank you so much for bringing me. This trip has been so much fun.”

I asked, “Are you and Aaron a couple now?”

He blushed and said, “Not yet. I like him, but I was a virgin yesterday. Last night I got to know Aaron a lot better and Brandon, Travis, and Walt.

I said, “That had to be an experience.”

He nodded, smiled, and said, “It was a great one.

Rocky surprised me by giving me a big hug and landing on my lap. He gave me a peck on the cheek and said quietly in my ear, “Brandon told me everybody hits on you. I figured I’d go ahead and try it. Maybe get some pointers.”

“Go lock the door, take your shirt off and come back.”

Rocky looked surprised, but he did as I asked. As he did, I picked up a bottle of aloe vera off the floor by the couch.

He came back nervous, shaking a little, and had an obvious erection. I sat him on my knee and applied aloe vera to his pink shoulders. I made sure the application was good for him and gave his neck and shoulder a gentle rubdown.

When I was done, I said, “Lesson number one, Rocky: it’s about love, not just hormones. You can show people you like affection in all sorts of ways besides just sex. Oh sure, there’s a lot to be said for wet sloppy sex, but the fulfilling part is the intimacy.”

Rocky sat in my lap in my arms, relaxed. He sat quietly for a couple of minutes and said, “I’m sure glad Aaron encouraged me to ask you to take me on this trip. I needed this. Please keep teaching me.”

I kissed his cheek and said, “I will. Learn the lessons well, and they’ll save you a lot of bruised feelings down the road. Sex is a powerful thing. The need and want of it can cause the little head to do your thinking and cause trouble. You need experience, but keep in mind youre a beginner at this game, there’s no rulebook, and some people play rough.

xvi.

My next group was Mike and Rusty Bowers and their cousin Eddie Turner. They invaded the master bedroom with attack hugs, and we ended up in a lump on the couch. With Mike under one arm and Rusty and Eddie under the other, I said, “I take it you guys are having fun?”

Mike said, “I remember this place. I haven’t been here since I was little and it’s different now. I’d come up here and play with the other kids while my dad hunted with his friends.

I gave Mike a little squeeze and said, “I’m pretty sure we met here way back when. It was the job of boys of a certain age to look after the younger kids. I think you got stung by a yellow jacket.”

Mike looked surprised and said, “That was you?”

“Yep.”

Mike said with a grin, “I think it upset you more than it did me.”

You were such a cute little guy. I hated to see you cry.”

Mike said, “Rusty, Eddie, take notes. When I got stung by that yellow jacket, Tim cried too. That’s the kind of guy he is.”

Eddie asked, “How long ago was that?”

“Let’s see. My Grandfather Karl died ten years ago, and the hunting trips up here weren’t as frequent afterward. I think I was eight or nine when it happened, so Mike was four or five maybe.”

Rusty shook his head, “That was way before my time. The games last night were heavenly. Thank you for that, Tim.”

I said, “Rusty was in my group. He got paired up with Angel and Rory. How did you guys do?”

Eddie replied,” I’ve got no complaints. I got paired up with Bart, Marcus, and your cousin Michael Henderson.”

“That was an interesting mix. How did it go?

Eddie blushed crimson, and he replied, “Bart is charming, Marcus is funny, and Michael is like Tim at our age. It was great getting to know them all better.

Mike said, “I was with Ray, Kevin, and Joey. Even better, today, I was reintroduced to Matthew Stevens. He graduated last year, so I knew him from school. We hit it off well.”

Rusty said, “Boy, did they ever. They kept disappearing all day.”

Mike replied, “Like you and Larry?”

Rusty smugly replied, “Touché, bro.”

I said, “Believe it or not, the point wasn’t to get you guys laid. That was… a happy side effect. I wanted you to get to know the guys, widen your circle of friends and maybe meet someone like Matthew or Larry.

Eddie chimed in, “Jeb is going to be my big brother, and your cousin Michael is yummy.”

Jeb will be good for you. I’m surprised at Michael. He’s so shy. Have you gotten more than two words out of him?”

Eddie quipped, “Oh sure. I got him to say harder, faster and on the head.’

I laughed at the thought of my sweet little shy fourteen-year-old cousin Michael turning horn dog. If Eddie and Michael enjoyed each other, good for them.

I hugged Eddie and said, “He’s downstairs, tiger. Why don’t you go and see what else you can get him to say.

xvii.

After Mikie, Rusty, and Eddie departed, I went into the master bath to take a leak. I didn’t shove the bathroom door completely shut. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Jacob Porter sneak into the room and hide in the closet.

Bobby and Tommy Knight were next, and Jacob had a crush on them.

Humm, what to do? I could bust him and give him the boot, but maybe this could be a teachable moment.

I left the bathroom and headed out of the room. I intercepted Tommy and Bobby on their way. They followed me into an empty room on the second floor, where we had a huddle.

I said, “One of my little cousins has a crush on you two.

Bobby smiled and said, “Don’t tell me, let me guess.

Tommy said, “Jacob Porter.”

I nodded.

Tommy Knight said, “Hes a cute little guy and a sweet kid. We just felt a little weird about….

“I understand. The thing is, Andrew got him used to regular sex, and he still wants it. It was a shitty thing to do, and I’m glad karma caught up with Andrew. The thing is, I saw him sneak into the master bedroom, and he’s hiding in the closet.”

Bobby chuckled and said, “Horny little guy, isn’t he?

I rolled my eyes and said, You have no idea. At least he has good taste. Do you know about the way we assign big brothers to our younger members?

Both twins nodded, and Tommy said, “You want us to be his big brother?”

Big brothers are usually one-on-one. His new best buddy is Tommy Hollingsworth.

The twins exchanged looks and mischievous grins. Tommy said, “How do you want to handle it?”

“Here’s what I have in mind. He’s going to have to wait because he was being sneaky….

I returned to the master bedroom and settled on the couch. I got comfortable by kicking off my flip-flops and taking off my shirt. Out of the corner of my eye, the door to the closet was in the same position, so Jacob was still there.

As planned, two minutes later, Bobby entered the room, and Tommy followed, surreptitiously looking back down the hall. Tommy came into the room, closed and locked the door.

The twins grinned at each other, stripped to their skimpy bulging Speedos, and tackled me on the king-sized bed.

I chuckled and said, “So that’s how it is. We’re wrestling. Give me a sec to get dressed for it.

Bobby pulled my board shorts off with his teeth.

The three of us wrestled on the bed. It was not fair. Wrestling the two of them was distracting. It was sexier than sport, but I could tell they were really into it. We rolled around playing, laughing, and grinding until we were out of breath and collapsed in a lump. I figured out some things about the Knight twins that they didn’t advertise.

Bobby and Tommy were very tactile. They didn’t just like touch, attention, and affection, they craved it.

The Knight twins were a lot stronger than they looked. They had been born up North, where wrestling was a big sport. Their muscles were defined, and their skin was a warm golden tan—a perfect look for lifeguards.

I asked, “Did you just want to play, or was there anything you wanted to talk about?”

Tommy said, “We started wrestling in eight and under. It was fun, and we were pretty good at it. When we got to the twelve-and-under division, one of our friends had an older brother in the fourteen-and-under class. We started hanging out with them.

“Gordy and his brother Paul had the basement in their parents’ home. They had a little gym, and their bedrooms were down there. On weekends, they had a bunch of friends over we would put the mat down and wrestle.

Bobby took over the narrative, “Gordy’s older brother Paul was cool to us, and he was a top wrestler. He would coach us on holds, reversals, and stuff our coaches hadn’t taught us yet. Paul had friends over too. Most of them in fourteen and under. We would get together, eat pizza, watch sports or movies, and wrestle in the basement on the weekends. It was fun, and we spent many a snowy weekend there.

Bobby got on his knees on the bed and gave me a challenging shove. Tommy retreated to the couch. Battle was joined.

Bobby was going for it. He made an honest to goodness try to pin me, but I was too strong for him and had the advantage of martial arts training that taught me how to grapple effectively.

We circled and tried to grapple but were both able to slip a serious hold.

He made a lunge, and I could hook both his arms and use my strength to pin him to the mattress. I noticed that he got a charge out of it when I pinned him. When we broke, his Speedo was bulging more than usual.

His next fall, we ended up face to face grinding our Speedo-clad crotches together, and he moaned in appreciation.

I kissed his cheek and said, “Me too.

Bobby’s eyes glazed, and Tommy said, “We had to move away, and we tried but could never find anyone down here that likes... wrestling as we do. We missed it a lot and, looking, got us in trouble. People at school don’t call us fags to our face, but we know they talk.

I said, “You aren’t the only ones that like wrestling, although strictly speaking, this isn’t Greco-Roman style. I’ve got a room in the basement I could clear, and we could put a mat down and set it up for fun.”

Bobby shook as he ground his cock against mine and said, “There are guys in our group that like wrestling?”

“The way you do it, they probably all will.”

Tommy tagged his brother and hopped on my back. Bobby scampered out of the improvised ring.

Tommy wasn’t quite as strong as Bobby, and I gave him a little too much room. He surprised me with his speed. I was able to reverse his move and pin him. I felt him harden against me.

We broke and went again. Tommy went low, and I was able to catch him off balance. I saved him a tumble off the bed and pulled him into my lap. Rather than continue the match, Tommy sat still in my lap, leaned against my chest, and rested his head on my shoulder.

I asked, “Are you tired?”

Bobby joined us on the bed and put an arm around me. I put an arm around him and had the Knight twins quite tame.

Tommy said, No. I’m just enjoying this.

“Me too,” Bobby added.

I gave them both a gentle squeeze and said, “So, do you two volunteer to start our basement wrestling club?”

Tommy said, “Sure. It’ll be fun.”

I chuckled and said, “It’ll be messy the way you do it.”

Tommy kissed my one cheek, and Bobby kissed the other. Tommy wheedled, “You’ll participate too, I hope?”

“Of course. There’s a little something you can help me with. Tommy Hollingsworth and Jacob Porter need big brothers.

Tommy giggled and said, “Now there are two cuties. I want Tommy.

Bobby said, “Jacob is pretty cool. How does it work?

I explained, and the twins agreed. Bobby asked the question, “What about sex?

“It’s not illegal for you if you want to, and they’re both pretty cute. Just remember what I said last night. Please don’t use them. Love them. They’ll be your buddies, not sex toys. OK?

Bobby said, “That’s cool. It’ll be fun for all of us, I think.

The three of us hugged with genuine affection, and after putting their board shorts back on, the twins departed.

After the Knight twins closed the door behind them, I approached the closet and opened the door. Jacob was sitting there wide-eyed in nothing but a Speedo, a boner, and a big wet spot.

I leaned over, picked up my horny little cousin, and held him gently.

“Did you hear anything you liked, Jacob?”

Jacob gushed, Bobby is going to be my big brother, and he thinks I’m pretty cool. Did you know I was there all along?

“I saw you scoot into the closet when I was in the bathroom. That was sneaky.

Jacob blushed and said, “I’m sorry. It seems like most of the time, my little head is doing my thinking.”

“I’ve noticed that about you. It’s not at all uncommon at your age, so don’t stress about it. You’ll grow out of it.

I sat on the bed and lay down with Jacob on my chest. He put his head on my shoulder and said, “I like this.”

“I do too. Do you think you’ll like wrestling?”

“Yeah. It’ll be fun.”

I rolled him over, tickled him, and blew a noisy raspberry on his giggling belly button. We just played for a few minutes, and Jacob ended up in my lap.

Jacob needed attention. At his age and experience, he was a little bundle of hormones. He had learned the worst kind of lessons for a boy coming of age in the eighties from Andrew. I would surround him with safe playmates because it only took one mistake. He certainly wasn’t the only one.

 

xviii.

I asked Jacob to summon Angel Denardo, and of course, Jacob had no problem seeking out the handsome teen.

Angel arrived and appeared a little nervous. He had the kind of looks that blew right past handsome and went right to stunning. While he favored his cousin Tony, Angel was taller and not filled out yet. His skin was smooth with little hair and seemed to glow. He possessed a powerful personal charisma.

He sat beside me on the couch and said, “I appreciate everything you’ve done for Tony and my aunt. And me. And my friends.

I put my arm around him and said, Tony and Marie are family, and Joey and Rusty love you.

Angel said with a grin, “So that’s how I ended up with Rusty last night.”

“Yup. Joey told me Rusty has a crush on you.”

He grinned, shook his head, and then his eyes widened. “You’re a romantic.

“Guilty as charged. What are your dreams, Angel?

Angel said, “I don’t know. I just lost my parents, and I’m still… just numb. Lately, I’ve been freaking out trying to figure things out.

“I lost my older brother, mother, and father to cancer, so I know where you are. I can tell you can’t drink it away; sex is just a distraction and staying high doesn’t work. I tried all those methods and just wasted time. Family is the cure. Join us, and new dreams will come. That is what this is all about, Angel. Everyone here has been beaten up by life. Through the love and caring of family, we can live again. It’s the difference between surviving and thriving.

Angel hugged me hard. I held him as he gathered himself and said, “I was wrong. This is the dream I was afraid to name.”

“In the dark place you have been, fear is the natural reaction.

Angel said, “Getting laid with a couple of cuties sure didn’t hurt.”

Knowing those two, I was afraid they might eat you up.”

Angel brought his friends in, and we spent a few minutes getting to know each other.

Gary Jones was a longtime friend of Angel and neighbor whose parents had been killed. He was physically similar to Angel, but he was brown-haired and fair-skinned. Gary was still coping with his loss, but he was having a great day.

Adrian Moss was a year younger than Angel and the best friend of my cousin Michael Porter. They were acquaintances since elementary school and had become reacquainted at one of Andrew’s parties. Adrian and Michael were, to all appearances, a pair of best friends. What they did in private was nobody’s business but their own.

Seth Wilder was a shy fourteen-year-old until someone brought him to one of Andrew’s parties. Like many of the boys Andrew had seduced, he had learned many of the wrong lessons. His build and manner reminded me of Larry without muscles. I had noticed him having a friendly conversation with Robbie MacDonald.

They were all upbeat and had enjoyed the trip. Getting to know them well promised to be interesting.

 

xix.

At a quarter to three, I got a warning from Danny that our buses were expected in about thirty minutes. Everyone scrambled to get their bags packed.

Chris entered the master bedroom with a thunderous expression as I was packing, followed by Robbie MacDonald and Matty Lamb.

He said, “These two need a little counseling about using rubbers.”

Chris hugged Matty and Robbie, kissed them both on the forehead, and said, “We have that rule for a reason. We love you and don’t want you to get sick. You two don’t have your test results back yet.”

Matty looked like he was going to cry, and Robbie was downcast.

Chris looked at me, winked, and said, “I will leave these two to for you to sort out, Tim.”

He left the room, and two blushing boys stood in front of me.

I smiled and said, “Come here and tell me what happened.”

Matty and Robbie relaxed, and we all piled onto the couch.

Matty said, “Chris caught me fucking Robbie bareback in the pool house after the big naked swim.”

Robbie sighed and said, “We just got the urge. We had done it before at a hotel with that Cole guy.

“Yeah, a bunch of times,” Matty added helpfully.

I was a little surprised at the idea of Matty topping an older boy, but Robbie was pretty, and Matty was sweet, charming, and, hung respectably for a boy his age. They could easily both be models.

I chuckled and said, “At least you both have good taste. This isn’t too bad, guys, but I wish you had waited to get your tests back.

Matty whined, “I’m sorry. I like Robbie.”

Robbie responded to that with a smile and peck on Matty’s cheek.

I put my arms around the two boys and said, “I like both of you. Now, I take it Chris interrupted something, and you didn’t get a chance to finish?

Matty nodded eagerly.

I rummaged in my overnight bag and pulled out a lubricated condom.

I handed it to Matty and said, “I want you to finish but use this. A lot of people say it’s not the same with a condom. Truthfully, it is different, but there are pros and cons.”

Both boys looked on with rapt fascination.

I explained, “The one big difference you’ll first notice is you’ll last longer. The second big difference is you can cum inside him with no worries.

Matty asked, “You mean it’s, OK?”

“Yes, it’s OK for you to like Robbie. It’s even OK for you to love him. To really love him, you must protect him too. Now, you two need a shower.

Matty said, “I’ve never used one of those things.”

“I can show you how it works, stud,” Robbie purred as he led Matty away.

Whoever would have guessed that sweet little Matty was a top?

 

xx.

I took my overnight bag and headed downstairs. I was surprised to see a few of my other cousins had arrived.

Kerry Johnson, a big blond sixteen-year-old, and Wade and Eric Porter, a thirteen- and fourteen-year-old, were chatting with the younger Henderson boys and Alan and Jacob Porter. I was greeted with fist-bumps and bro hugs by my straight-ish cousins.

It was easy to tell Wade and Eric were Porters with dark hair and olive skin. Kerry was built like a cross between the Johnsons and his mother Evelyn, a Johansen before marriage. He was a tall, muscular, horny farm boy who, in the immortal words of Foghorn Leghorn, is a nice boy but about as sharp as a bag of wet mice. He was the oldest of three siblings; the rest were little cuties in elementary school and kindergarten.

While I had a quiet word with Chris about the drama with Matty and Robbie MacDonald, I overheard Kerry ask Jason Henderson if I knew about the knothole.

Jason responded with an elbow and an angry whisper, that’s our secret, dumbass.

I remembered Jason’s vague reference to a secret game the boys played and put two and two together. One very old-fashioned way many country boys engaged in the hobby was using a knothole, or a country version of a glory hole.

Frank, Chris, and Tony discussed the upcoming Fourth of July festivities with Lee and Jason Henderson and the Porter twins. I told them that we had the lodge from Wednesday, July 2nd until the following Monday, July the 7th; we would have to keep the Game Zone and Dockside Park running, so we would have more than just a weekend.

As we were discussing matters, Kerry and Jacob approached. Once the conversation with Frank, Chris, and Tony wound down, Kerry asked, “Tim, I haven’t seen the place since the renovation. Could I have a look around?”

I introduced Kerry, “This is my cousin Kerry Johnson. He missed our festivities last night. Sure, go have a look and be sure to talk to Billy.”

Kerry gave me a fist bump, and he followed Jacob Porter inside. I had no doubt what Jacob wanted, and Kerry would be happy to let him have it.

The next knot of people, Lance, Kevin, the Chang twins, Michael and Alan Porter and Adrian Moss, were talking music and songs they wanted to cover. The door to the house opened, and Robbie MacDonald and Matty Lamb came outside with their overnight bags and wet hair. I was astonished when Matty winked at me.

We still had a little less than thirty minutes. I told Frank I would make a walk-through to ensure we had everybody and watch for anyone else going inside. I passed Roderick and James on the first floor, and I asked them to give the word for anyone I missed talking with to ride back on my bus. Marcus and Robbie Roberts followed and got their required hugs. The first floor was clear.

On the way up the stairs, I ran into Todd Brent, Gene, and Scotty Watts and got big smiles and hugs from them. It was clear that they had a great time. The second floor was clear.

The bedrooms and bathrooms were empty. Now, where might two hormonal teen boys disappear too?

I tabled the question of Jacob and Kerry for the moment and decided to check on the state of the kitchen. Knowing Roderick, it would be spotless, and it was.

Now that the swarm had departed, I got a good look at it. The kitchen makeover had been a big success. David Bridges said he had a guy who specialized in renovating kitchens, and he had done a real number on this one.

It was very different from the last time we had been here. Old linoleum countertops were replaced with slate. The cabinets were all new, and the old cast iron skillets hung from a new rack. The old refrigerator was replaced with a new and larger model. A dishwasher squatted in a wooden cabinet with a microwave oven on top. This kitchen had gone from the forties to the eighties in one giant leap. The old sink was replaced by a new stainless-steel double sink that matched the refrigerator and dishwasher.

The modernization extended into the laundry room and pantry. The pantry was equipped with new shelves and an upright freezer. The laundry room sported a new washer, dryer, shelves, and folding table. It was there I heard Jacob and Kerry in the office. They were getting a little noisy in their exuberance and it sounded like they were having a blast. I got a can of Mountain Dew out of the refrigerator, popped the top, and waited for the boys’ tryst to run its course.

I didn’t have to wait long. Kerry’s loudness indicated he was done. No more than two minutes later, Jacob got noisy. Moments later, the two boys came out of the office jelly-legged, flush-faced, giddy, and a little sweaty.

So, what do you think of the renovation Kerry?” I asked with a grin.

The look on Kerry’s face was priceless. His face shined with a guilty blush indicating he was busted, and he knew it. He stuttered, “Uhhh, it’s nice. It’s like a different place. Aunt Mattie said she would kill for a kitchen like this.

I don’t think she will have to go to such drastic action.

Jacob saw that I had a Mountain Dew, took one from the refrigerator, and said, I’m going to head out. See you, Kerry.”

I grinned at Kerry and said, “Come here you big rascal.”

Kerry grinned, and I hugged him and whispered, “Jacob must have been good. You shook the whole kitchen.”

He chuckled and said, Sorry I was grounded and couldn’t come last night. I like girls, but they just don’t give head as good as boys.

“That’s how the hobby works, Kerry. Play your cards right with Jacob, and you’ll have a fishing and hunting buddy with benefits.

Kerry’s blush deepened, and he smiled, “He likes to do it and, he’s great at it. A good blow job is as intoxicating as a shot of moonshine.

“Just be sweet to him; he’s a little young. Face to face, it’s not like the knothole where you can zip up and walk away.

Kerry’s eyebrows shot up, and he asked nervously, “You know about that?”

Kerry, I know about knotholes in general, not the knothole. It’s not shocking and, it’s nothing new. Country boys have been using knotholes to get off since before our grandparents’ time.”

Kerry looked relieved and said, “It’s our secret. Don’t let anyone think I talked.”

I said, “No problem. I need a little help between now and the fourth. I need someone to be here between ten and two every day to receive deliveries and do a few chores before our big get-together on the fourth. Between you and Billy, you think we can get that done?

Kerry nodded eagerly and said, “Hang out here every day for a week and change? No problem.”

I gave him a pat on the rump and said, “Good. Let Billy know you are in on it. There will be a nice little paycheck, and the lodge will need keepers when hunting season starts in the fall.

Kerry hugged me and said, “Thanks, Tim. You’re always good to us.”

It’s easy to be good to my cousins. Talk to Billy. He’ll know details, and I think you’ll both have fun.”

 

xxi.

As soon as I went outside, Danny and Randy intercepted me. We stepped aside and had a quiet huddle.

Danny said quietly, “I talked to Robbie MacDonald. He knows all about Daryl Brewster. He gave us something that can make this go quickly.

Randy growled, “Some of the addicts in that trailer park are renting their kids to that bastard. It’s a weekend, so he has several of them at his house.

I shook my head in a vain attempt to get that level of depravity out of my head without barfing. After seeing just how broken addiction can make people, it shouldn’t shock me, but it still did. Ray, Walt, and Juan were in much the same situation.

Chip talked to the news desk at the paper this morning. There was a meth bust in the trailer parks in Dekalb early this morning,” Danny said. “He doesn’t know details. The phones worked for a while, and now there’s a fast busy in town.”

I speculated, “The battery backups keeping the phone system going probably gave up.

We heard the busses, and Randy said, “The guys you haven’t spoken to yet will be on the second bus. What are we doing when we get back?”

I shrugged. “It depends on the power. If it’s back, we’ll open the Game Zone and the park. There will be a lot of people that need to cool off. Thankfully, the house has a generator, so it never lost power.

The first of the two buses came down the circular drive, and the second pulled up. It was time to go home. I hustled aboard the second bus and saw Mr. Jenkins in the driver’s seat.

I said, “I thought you wouldn’t be available.”

He grinned and said, “You guys were courteous enough to delay your return until I’d had enough rest.

I stood aside and let the boys board and asked, “Have you heard about the power situation?”

Jenkins replied, “I’ve been following it on the radio. The power in the affected areas started coming back on about a half-hour ago. Some places are still out. There’s equipment that will have to be manually reset. The power company’s long day isn’t over yet.”

“Thanks. We needed to know.”

Jenkins nodded, and I moved to get a seat. I parked myself behind Aaron, Rocky, and Adam. Aaron and Rocky were discretely holding hands. Adam saw I was close and came back to sit beside me. He was a little pink around the edges, but not too bad.

Adam said, “This was so much fun! I hope we come back soon.”

We will, and we will be spending more time. Did you make some new friends?”

Adam gushed, “Lots of them! Michael and Keith (Henderson) were so nice. So were Wade and Eric Porter.”

Aaron spoke up and said, “I had a blast too. Your cousins were all nice but getting to know some of our guys better was good for us. Brian and Marcus were fun to hang out with last night, and Rocky here was nice enough to put aloe vera on mine and Adam’s sunburn. I can’t wait to come back.

Rocky winked at me and said, “Your barbecues are not to be missed.”

We chatted for a few minutes as the buses got underway. I was impressed by Rocky. He and Aaron were an item, but he was being good to Adam too. His stock was going up with me.

A few seats back were the Jackson brothers. I moved close to them, and Marcus, James, and Robbie invaded my lap. Roderick thought that was hilarious. James gave Robbie a little squeeze and complained quietly, “I want a little brother too.”

“I’ll see what I can do. Can you share Robbie with Marcus for a while?”

Robbie hugged James and said, “That’ll work. What are we going to do when we get home?”

Open up the Game Zone and the Park. The power should be back on.

Roderick said, “I talked to Ritchie at lunch. The three of us are going to help them move.”

“I appreciate that. I have a feeling I’m going to be busy when we get home.”

Bart and Sean looked happy but tired when I sat beside them and asked, “Is all going well?”

Sean rolled his eyes and said, “Too well. We stayed up too late, had fun all day, and I still need to go by my house in DeKalb. Who knew having fun could be so exhausting?”

We’re thinking of driving over for a load of stuff for Sean when we get back,” Bart said with a yawn. “Don’t be surprised if we have a nap before we get back.”

I grinned and said, “Having a little privacy for a while never hurt.”

Bart blushed and said, “Thanks for everything, Tim.”

“Yes, thanks, Tim,” Sean added with a smile.

You are both quite welcome.

I sat and talked with JJ, Steven, Cory, and Scott for some time. The boys were having a good time, and it had nothing to do with the trip. They were old friends enjoying each other’s company, talking about cute guys at the Game Zone, and plotting mischief.

Rodney Carlton was sitting by himself, lost in thought. When I approached, he looked up with a smile and said, “Thanks for taking me with you. This trip has been a lot of fun. I needed it.”

I sat beside him, put my arm around him, and said, “It was good to have you with us. I was hoping last night wouldn’t be too shocking to you.”

He grinned and said, “No. I needed it. My family is very anti-gay. Being with guys like me and not feeling like a freak was priceless.”

“I’m glad you are feeling more comfortable.

Rodney asked, “Could I have a big brother?”

“Do you have one in mind?”

“I hung out with Frank most of the morning, and we hit it off. I think we’re a lot alike, except Frank isn’t shy like I am.”

“It’s fine by me.”

I sat beside Frank, across from Chris and Tony, and asked, “So, how was your day.”

Tony chuckled, and Chris rolled his eyes.

Frank said, “It was a lot of fun. Lunch was awesome, but I have one complaint.”

“You do?”

“My day was fine, but you weren’t in it as much as I would have liked.”

“I know. It has been busy with the boys and my cousins. It’s not over yet.”

Chris said, “I bet they do it in the office.”

“No,” Tony quipped. “They’ll barricade themselves in the locker room.”

Desperate to change the subject I said, “Were flying to Pensacola Tuesday afternoon. That will be a lot less hectic than this trip.”

Tony said, “I like hectic. This trip was good to get to know the boys. Getting to spend time with Angel was great.”

Chris asked, “Are you going to assign us any little brothers?”

“I have assigned several this trip. You want one?”

Chris said, “I like Robbie MacDonald. We talked this afternoon, and I think he needs someone he’s not crushing on to talk to.”

“That sounds good to me. Frank, do you want one?”

He smiled and said, “Rodney and I became pals this morning. He’s a nice one.

“How about you Tony?

Tony considered carefully and said, “Gene is cool. We hung out for a while this afternoon. His little brother Scotty is a sweet kid too.

I nodded and looked outside when we passed Tony’s Tacos. People were gassing up at their pumps, so it was apparent they had power. I pointed and said, “That’s a good sign. We should have power back on when we get home.”

Tony looked longingly at our favorite taco stop and said, “Great. Now I’ve got a craving.”

Why don’t the three of you take your little brothers for tacos later.”

Frank nodded in agreement and said, “I can’t look at that place without thinking of Junior.”

I said, Speaking of Junior, I wonder how he’s going to react to meeting Joey’s pup.”

Frank said, “I doubt Junior will be amused, but we sure will.”

 

xxii.

Traffic was light, and we made good time. The two buses rolled into the Game Zone parking lot ten minutes after four.

As soon as I got off the bus, I could tell the power was back on. The compressors for the Game Zone and Ander's Gym were running, as were the air conditioners for nearby houses.

The boys debouched the buses and began sorting themselves out. Danny took one of the vans full of Phillip's guys plus a few kids going to the house to open the pool and skate park for the remainder of the afternoon. At Phillip's request, they would stay open until dark today.

Mikie, Rusty, and Eddie departed for their home. Chip Daniels was right behind them, exiting the parking lot.

Within an organized but chaotic ten minutes, everyone was on their way to where they needed to be.

The Game Zone night crew went inside to get the place open for business. The rest of the boys either went to my house or their own homes.

I busied myself getting the Game Zone machines back on. A generator backed up our coolers and freezers but, everything else had been dead overnight. Most stuff came back on, but a few of the games were stubborn. It took Ritchie, Matthew, and my efforts to get everything running again.

We opened our doors a little before four-thirty. Soon, a small crowd of kids had the machines making all manner of racket.

At a quarter to five, my pager went crazy with pages that had backed up while their system was down. I went to the office to catch up.

As soon as I picked up the phone, I found out the small phone system in the Game Zone was down. It just needed to be switched on, and it came right back on. I should have installed a UPS for the phone system, but I missed a few steps while I was in the hospital.

When I got back to my office, the phone had a dial tone, and I called the house.

Sharon Watts answered and said all was well. The power never went off thanks to the generator in the basement. So, our boys were already arriving home, including Joey's pup, who introduced himself to Frank's kitten. According to Sharon, the two beasts were now playing and having fun.

There was a knock on the door, and Todd entered the office, followed by two hot, sweaty younger boys I recognized as regular patrons. They did not look happy.

Todd said, "Tim, this is my brother Stevie and his best friend Mark."

Stevie was tall for his age and lean like Todd but had a lighter complexion than his half-brother. Mark Polk was a small, compact-built boy who carried himself with great precision. Although he was small, I noticed that he was practically all muscle. They were both dressed in shorts, t-shirts, and sneakers for the heat.

"Stevie, Mark: I’ve seen you both around. It's nice to meet you."

Stevie looked concerned and said, "It’s good to meet you, Mr. Shepherd. Mom disappeared last night."

"When is the last time you saw her?"

"Last night. She left in her car and wasn’t back by after twelve when we went to bed."

I asked, "Does she ever visit friends or relatives?"

Todd said, "No. She is from Maryland, so her relatives aren’t close, and our fathers are both on the East coast. They kind of hate each other."

Stevie said, "The power hasn't come back in our house yet and we both need a shower. We’ve been cutting yards all day."

I could tell they were all concerned and said reassuringly, "Todd, why don't we take a ride to your house? I'll get the lights on and see if we can find her."

"Thanks, Tim," Todd said.

I excused myself and went up front to let Roderick and Ritchie know I would be out of the building.

I intercepted Todd and asked, "Did you talk to her this morning?"

"No. Stevie answered the phone and left her a note."

"I've got a bad feeling about this. I'll bet Stevie and Mark are hungry. Let's set them up with some food, and the two of us will go over to your house and try to figure out what's going on."

Todd nodded.

Stevie and Mark were hungry, so I had Roderick throw a burger on for them, and Todd and I went to my truck. I opened the toolbox and got a Maglite and my toolbelt. Then, we drove to Todd's house with him providing directions. It was close, and just a block off Jasper.

We parked in the empty driveway leaving room for Mrs. Brent's Buick should she return. The house was older and needed some work. At least a new roof, a paint job, and some wood in the facia needed replacement.

When Todd got out, he picked up the Saturday paper off the curb and said, "Something must be wrong. She never misses her paper."

I looked up at the power lines and saw where they made entry to the house in the back yard. I found they went to the meter and down a conduit into the basement by following the wires. I looked around and didn't see any access to the basement behind the house.

I asked, "Todd, how do you get in the basement?"

"Mom forbid us to ever go down there. There's a door in the kitchen that leads to stairs going down. She keeps it locked."

"I think she’ll forgive us if we get the power back on."

Todd led me into the house and the dark kitchen, but I had my Maglite. The kitchen was neat and clean like it had been cleaned up for the night.

As I looked around the kitchen, I spotted the basement door. There was a portable phone with a stubby antenna mounted on the wall. Mounted on the wall beside the telephone was a phone caddy with hooks for keys, and a notepad with numerous phone numbers. The phone was dead as it needed for the power to be on to operate.

I read Stevies note from the pad: “Toad called at eight. They will be back late this afternoon. -SB”

Todd chuckled and said, “Stevie has called me that since he was little.”

“Any idea which one of these is for the basement?”

He reached over and pulled a ring off the phone caddy and sorted through the various keys. Finding one he said, “This should be it.”

It was. The indicated key opened the basement door on the first try. The door opened into a pitch-black basement. I used the mag-lite, went downstairs, and found the breaker box. After quickly figuring out the breaker box, I flipped the master switch, and the power came back on.

When I returned to the kitchen, the lights were on, and the microwave clock’s display was flashing. Todd was turning off lights in the family room off the kitchen and I followed him as he made a circuit through the house and upstairs to his room. At the end of the hall on the second floor were the boys rooms. As Todd had described them, they had no doors.

He looked toward his window and said, “Tim, a cop just pulled up out front.”

I sighed and said, “We had better go see what he has to say.”

I followed Todd as he bounced down the stairs two at a time and opened the front door. Detective Lee Yarborough was coming to the front door as Todd met him.

The Detective said, “Good to see you, Mr. Shepherd. You must be Todd.

Todd said, “Yes sir.”

We’ve been trying to get in touch with someone here all day.

Todd said, “I was out of town, and we just got the power back on. What’s happened to Mom?”

I’ve got bad news and good news for you. Last night when the power went out, your mother was on her way home from Super-K. She got t-boned by a drunk redneck in a truck. She’s got broken bones and a concussion. We got her to the emergency room at County. She will recover but will be laid up for some time as she recovers.

Yarborough turned to me and said, “Todd’s mother was concerned about Todd, Stevie, and Mark’s well-being while she is in the hospital. Dr. Roberts and one of her nurses recommended the boys stay with you, at least for the time being, and she asked if you would mind?

“No problem detective. Todd works at Game Zone and the other two are frequent flyers. We’ll be glad to have them.”

The Detective said, “I often deliver bad news, but at least this one will have a happy ending. It’s too late to go see her tonight. If all is well, I’ve got chores to do.”

Todd said, “Thank you, Detective. I was worried sick when Stevie said she didn’t come home last night.”

Yarborough replied, “This weekend has been messed up. We’ve had a lot of old people with heatstroke and your mom isn’t the only victim of traffic lights being out. Good evening, folks.”

The Detective got back in his cruiser and went on to his appointed rounds.

We returned to Game Zone, picked up Stevie and Mark, and took them to their house to pack and get a shower. They weren’t thrilled that their mom was hurt, but they were excited at the prospect of staying with the Game Zone crew for a while. I promised to take them to see their mother after church tomorrow.

Stevie and Mark were Little Carl’s age and would start seventh grade in late August. They were a little shy at first but picked up on Todd’s familiarity with me. They showered and ran around in their tightie-whities as they packed a few things. Before we left Todd locked up their house.

 

xxiii.

I took Todd, Stevie, and Mark to the house where our musician’s proto band was gathered in the garage working on the old Fats Domino standard “Ain’t That a Shame. Their interpretation of the song owed more to Cheap Trick than the classic version. The addition of the Chang brother’s keyboards made for an interesting sound. Kevin, Lance, Alan and Michael Porter, and the Chang twins had assembled their gear, and it was impressive. They weren’t bad, but the band was a work in progress.

They took a break and greeted Todd, Stevie, and Mark. They all knew them from school or the Game Zone and were glad to see them.

Stevie and Mark were delighted to meet the Chang twins who were in their same general age group. Mark was delighted when Danny came downstairs and greeted him by picking him up much like I pick up Toby.

I told the band, “I will be installing the sound system for the amphitheater next door. Get a few songs down and you can do a sound check on some real gear.”

Kevin asked, “You know how to run a sound system?”

I chuckled and said, “I made my beer money in college as a roadie for bands setting up their gear and tearing it down after a show. You’ve got some good stuff. That’s a Strat you are playing, and your Fender amp isn’t bad. I might have a look inside to make sure all the tubes are still good. Where did you get it?”

“They were my uncle’s”, Kevin sighed. He taught me to play when I was little, but he had a bad heart. He left them to me.”

I said, The amphitheater is going to have a kick-ass sound system. You guys get it together, I can hook you up to a nice amp and a big stack of JBL concert speakers.

That got the band a little excited and Alan said, “What should we learn?”

“That’s up to you. I suggest some songs from the Cars’ first album. They’ve all got keyboard parts.

Danny had something else on his mind and took me aside as the new kids chatted up the band.

We went outside the garage, and he said, “I talked Sheriff Hollingsworth. As we were expecting, they busted the Southern Gardens Trailer Park at about one this morning. They arrested around a dozen meth heads, but a few of the kids they were expecting weren’t there. Want to guess where they are?”

“I’ll bet they’re with that Daryl creep.”

“That was what I was thinking. I didn’t drop any of our hold cards, but I told Hollingsworth we would ask around and see what we could find out.”

I approved of the way Danny was thinking. In a Marine unit, the Commanding Officer would decide what intelligence would be shared, with whom and when, so he left it up to me.

“Good. Once we have the Brent boys and Mark settled, I’ll call him and tell him what we’ve found out from the DeKalb boys. I think I’ll have a word with Phillip and see if he knows the guy.”

Danny gestured up toward the kitchen with his thumb and said, Phillip’s crew shut things down in the park at dark and are having a late supper. Go talk to him. I’ll show the new kids the gym and bring them up in a few minutes.

“Thanks, Danny.”

While Danny provided a good distraction for Todd, Stevie, and Mark, I went upstairs and found Phillip and his Blue team finishing up supper.

“Phillip, I need a word with you in my office.”

He looked concerned so I added, “It’s cool.”

Phillip joined me in the office and before I could ask, he said, “I talked to Robbie Mac. You want to know about Daryl Brewster.”

“Yeah, he sounds pretty slimy from what I’ve heard so far.”

Phillip snorted in disgust and said, “Robbie and I are too old for him. If you are ten to twelve and go to the park or the mall, he’ll have a run at you.”

“That bad?”

Phillip grinned and said, “I’m surprised he’s never been busted.

“His luck is running out. There was a meth bust at the trailer park and a few of Robbie’s younger pals are missing. We expect they’re at Brewster’s house.”

He looked appalled and said, “How can a perve like Brewster get away with stuff like that for so long? He hit on me at the old mall at least six years ago.

“He picks his victims carefully. The parents are druggies, and most boys don’t want the embarrassment of complaining.

Looking earnest, Phillip said,DeKalb isn’t that big a town. I’ll bet if he gets popped, there will be a lot of people who will want to remonstrate with him.”

I raised my eyebrows and said, “Remonstrate?”

Phillip grinned and said, “It sounds better than kick his ass.”

Getting Todd, Stevie and Mark settled was easy. When Billy, Robbie, and Tracy found out they would be staying with us, they insisted that they be just across the hall.

Ray and Juan were close and helped welcome the newcomers, so I made my way down to the office to make some calls.

I was able to catch David Bridges at home. He was pleased that Todd and Stevie would be around. Little David was at home with Karl. He promised to fill him in.

My next call was to Sheriff Hollingsworth. I told him what we knew and suspected about Daryl Brewster, and it had been going on for years.

Hollingsworth listened and asked, “How solid is this?”

“I’ve talked to five victims. One of them mentioned that he usually always has some drugs around. That might help.

“Any of them be willing to go on the record?”

I considered my answer carefully and said, “One, maybe two. Some of them are elementary school young. The two I’m thinking of are too old for him to be interested in anymore at the ripe old ages of fourteen and seventeen.”

Hollingsworth sighed and said, “I’ve got a detective shield in my desk if you ever want it. Here’s what I’m going to do. I’m going to roll a car by Brewster’s place and ask him if any of the kids are there. Our Detectives are sharp. We can work it from there. How about I page you in the morning and let you know how this goes?

“Thanks, Sheriff.

 

xxiv.

As I approached the kitchen, Sharon Watts and Marie Denardo were in fine spirits. They had just finished cleaning up the kitchen for the night and the dishwasher was running. They were having iced tea and chatting. Junior and Smiley were curled up in a lump under the kitchen table.

Sharon saw me enter and said, “Hi Tim. Care for a glass of tea?”

“Please!”

She poured me a glass as I regarded the two critters under the table sound asleep in a pile of golden fur.

Marie said, “Those two played from the time Joey brought the pup home.”

“I’m glad they get along. Cats and dogs usually don’t mix.”

Sharon said, “Unless they want to play. Those two wore each other out. How did the retreat go?

It was a lot of fun. The boys wore me out.

Marie asked, “Tony mentioned he was taking his little brother to supper. How does that work?”

“When we have new kids, once we get to know them, we either assign or they older boy might volunteer to be a big brother. Tony requested Gene.”

Sharon said, “I’ve wanted Gene to have someone like that for a while.”

“I try to spend as much time with all of them as I can, but it’s getting to be quite a hoard. The big brothers are boys who have been with us for a while understand what we’re doing and know the rules. This is part of the dynamic I want to create for them. There’s always someone there for them to talk or play with.

Sharon asked with a sly grin, “Are we sure we want a garage band?”

“Have you heard the Chang twins playing? The other guys are decent but those two are special.

“They found the baby grand”, Marie said. Mihn and Sang can really play.”

“I don’t expect them to go on tour anytime soon. If they’re learning teamwork and having fun, Im all for it.”

Smiley the pup waddled out from under the table, whined, and pointed his nose at the patio door.

I excused myself and let the pup out on the patio. He went into the grass, took a leak, and came back inside. Joey said he was a smart pup.

The sleepy little pooch waddled into the den where Joey and Matty were sacked out on the couch. Smiley went to Joey’s side and lay down beside his feet.

I decided to let sleeping pups lie.

I went back upstairs to see Brandon, Barry, and Cole. They had heard the news and were already making the new kids feel welcome. Little David Bridges and Karl had reappeared to support their friends. They were still stunned, but they were surrounded by friends. This was how it was supposed to work, but where was Mark?

I asked Stevie, “Where’s Mark?”

Stevie said, “He saw your gym. I’m pretty sure he’s down there.”

Billy added, “Mark is like that. If there’s a gym, he’s in it.”

Stevie looked a question at Billy who shrugged and said, “Stevie wants to ask you about some stuff.

Stevie blushed and I said, “That’s cool. Did you fill him in on the big stuff?”

“I told him about what you talked about last night”, Billy replied.

I patted Billy’s shoulder and said, “Follow me, Stevie. I’m sure you have a few questions.”

He followed me down the hall and around past my room. I pointed it out and had him follow me out into the sunroom. It was dark, but outside the lights of Dockside Park were on and lights from houses across the bay. I sat on the big, plush sofa and asked, “What’s on your mind, Stevie?”

Stevie looked around at the park, the lake, and the new recreation center next door at St Luke’s. He sat beside me and said, “I’ve never been anywhere like this.” After gathering his thoughts, he said, “everybody says you’re cool and good to talk to. Billy says you’re gay, but you don’t do it with kids.”

“That’s true. I let you figure that out with your buds.

He looked confused and asked, “You you don’t care if we’re queer?

No. If you are, given what’s going on, gay kids need someone looking out for them. Besides, at your age, it isn’t set in stone that you are gay. You are going through puberty, and you feel like youre horny all the time, right?”

Even in the semi-dark I could see Stevie grin, and say, “It seems like I’ve got a constant boner.

“At your age, you are mostly around other boys who are horny too. Most boys give it a try, even if they won’t admit it. Lots of boys like it, at least for a while. Just because you like boys now doesn’t necessarily mean you are gay. You might get a little older and decide you like girls better, both, or guys. Even if you do like guys, it’s not the end of the world.

Stevie said thoughtfully, “No one has ever explained it to me like that.”

I know you have heard a lot of negative stuff about being gay given that crazy preacher at Big Sandy Baptist. You aren’t evil or perverted. You’re just an ordinary boy with hormones, and a cute one to boot.

Stevie liked that. He sprawled into my lap and hugged me. I hugged him back and stroked his hair out of his eyes. He was a cute boy with a light sprinkling of freckles, with sun-bleached hair, and he glowed with a tan from being in the sun.

He settled into my lap and whispered conspiratorially, “Do you think I’m cute?’

I whispered back, “I enjoyed seeing you and Mark running around in your tightie-whities.

Stevie giggled and whispered, You like?

I gave him a pat and said, “What’s not to like? Tomorrow when we’re in DeKalb to see your mom, we’ll stop by the mall and see how cute you are in boxers.

He giggled and said, “Todd was right. I am going to like you. Have you got a cute big brother for me like Billy and Tracy?

“I’ve been thinking about that, and I think have just the right choice for you.”

Stevie said, “Billy and Tracy are sure happy about theirs.

“It’s not just for sex. Your big brother will be someone you can talk to and will be a good friend to you. The sex is just a fringe benefit. If you’ll wait here, I’ll go get him.

“Who is it? I know most of the boys who work at Game Zone.”

I grinned and said, “That will be my surprise.”

I left Stevie in the sunroom and walked around to Toby and Cole’s room. It was empty but I knew where he was this time of night. Toby was in his studio shirtless in gym shorts making sketches of his latest adventures at Arrowhead.

Toby looked up with a smile. After he showed off a few of his sketches, I hugged him and asked, “Toby, how would you like to be a big brother?”

He squeaked, “Me?”

“Yes, you. You’ve been with us from the beginning. You would make a great big brother to a cute, horny younger boy.”

Toby said, “I’ve always been the youngest. Well, not the youngest, but I’ve never thought of myself like that. Do you think I’d be good at it?”

I said, “Since you’ve been here Toby, you’ve grown more than any of the other boys. You have come a long way, and I’ve got no doubt you will be a great big brother.”

He beamed with pride and said, “If you think so. Tell me about him.

Stevie is Todd’s little brother. He’ll be a seventh-grader this year and will be working with us. He’s twelve now, thirteen soon so you’re a year and a change older than him. He’s cute as a button, and I’m sure you’ve seen him around. If you are up to it, he’s waiting in the sunroom.”

Toby asked, “I heard his mom got hurt in a car wreck and Todd, Stevie, and Mark will be staying with us for a while.”

“That’s right.”

He grinned and said, “They’re cool. Have you picked someone for Mark?”

I shrugged and said, “I don’t know him very well. Any suggestions?”

He looked thoughtful and said, “I know Mark from Ander’s Gym. He’s got a speech problem, so he doesn’t talk much. I know he likes Danny, Jeb and I’m pretty sure he likes your cousin Lee.”

I thought about it. I wanted the younger guys to connect with kids closer to their age and I thought of Larry, at least as a gym buddy.

Toby stood, hugged me, and said, “This is cool. I didn’t think of myself as big brother material, but I’ve wanted one. Thanks.”

“Come on. He’s waiting.”

Toby proved to be an inspired choice, and the pair hit it off. They were cute chatting on the couch with their bare feet dangling. Toby suggested a swim before bed and the two boys scooted off to Toby’s room to change.

I slipped into my room and dressed for a workout. It was only a little before nine. On the way downstairs, I ran into Frank, Rodney, Chris, and Robbie Mac headed upstairs with bags from the mall.

Frank greeted me with a kiss. He put his arm around a smiling Rodney and said, “We took our little bros to DeKalb, ate at the Café Creole, and did a little shopping.”

Chris hugged Robbie and said, “Shopping for our little bros is fun.

Frank added, “They’re both so cute, anything we put on them in looks good.”

The comment made Rodney and Robbie blush, but they were all smiles. It would be interesting to see how Frank and Chris had dressed Robbie and Rodney. Frank was right about how cute they were.

In the kitchen, Scotty was riding Tony piggyback and Gene was carrying a couple of shopping bags. It was much the same scene. Gene and Scotty were obviously having a great time and Tony had a huge grin on his face.

Our musicians were still at work in the garage but unplugged working on songs.

When I walked around to the gym, Danny, Mark, and Larry were working out hard and were sweating. I joined them. It was the first time I’d worked out with Danny. It was clear he knew his way around gyms and was impressive in a muscle shirt.

It was tiny little Mark that shocked all of us.

After standing up after a long bout with the bench press, I saw Mark doing chin-ups seemingly effortlessly. Ray, Todd, and Gene joined us as Larry did a set. All while, Mark was pumping chin-ups. As the other boys came and went from the bench press, I counted seventy-five.

Every possible muscle on Mark was standing up. A sheen of sweat covered him, and a couple of drops hit the floor. I noticed Danny has seen it too. One by one, the other boys noticed, and I counted.

One hundred. One-oh-one. One-oh-two... Mark was a machine. Soon everyone gathered was watching in amazement. Mark’s power to weight ratio was exceptional. He obviously had a background in gymnastics.

When I got to one hundred seventy, he nonchalantly dropped from the bar, landed on his toes, and wiped the sweat from his brow.

I started clapping followed by Danny and all the rest of the boys.

Mark blushed and looked mystified at the attention.

Danny asked, “How many was that?”

He replied quietly with a slight stutter, “J..j..just t..t..two hundred.”

I said in astonishment, “Just two hundred? That’s amazing Mark. Pound for pound, you are the strongest one of us.

Ray said, “Mark, you are obviously something special.”

Mark looked… confused and stammered, “R..r..really?”

Danny said, “We’ll show you. Everybody max out your chin-ups. I’ll start.

He grabbed the bar and started strong but faded around seventy-five and dropped off at one hundred and seven.

I had just finished a few sets on the bench press and only got eighty-eight.

Ray just managed fifty, Gene forty-five and, Larry got sixty-six.

As everybody was catching their breath Danny said, “This is an outstanding group. We’re all very fit and you just smoked us all.”

Ray and Larry got in a dispute over which one would be Mark’s big brother. I settled it by telling him they would have to share.

Mark had earned our respect. He was one of us now. Anyone that might give him any lip over his stutter would regret it.

 

  1. Jerusalem by Emerson, Lake and Palmer, 1973. The song was based on a poem by William Blake and put to music as a hymn by Hubert Parry in the early 19th century and is an unofficial anthem for England. It was popularized internationally as a single by ELP.

div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo">

 

Copyright © 2019 jamessavik; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
  • Love 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Great story. Just discovered this a few days ago. Spent every free minute these past few days reading this story. Absolutely love it. Looking forward to the next chapter.😊

  • Like 3
Link to comment

This is a terrific story. The number of characters so far would beg for a list with name, age, chapter introduced, and short snippet about each person.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, soundtechmc said:

This is a terrific story. The number of characters so far would beg for a list with name, age, chapter introduced, and short snippet about each person.

Yes- it's a challenge. I've been using a spreadsheet and will at some point add a dramatis persona page.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..