Jump to content
    JamesSavik
  • Author
  • 24,551 Words
  • 1,878 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Company - 9. Evil's Long Shadow

p style="text-align:center;"> shooter.jpg

I didn’t really go to sleep. I just cuddled with Frank until the clock radio read twenty minutes to six. I got up, put on some running shorts and shoes and went down to the kitchen dodging Frank’s kitten was awake, hungry and trying to wrap himself around my feet.

I ran into Randy and Lee in the kitchen. Coffee was on and Lee was awake and unbelievably chipper for this early in the morning. Come to think of it, so was Randy.

Lee said, “I could really get used to sleeping past five.”

I think I said something really articulate like ugh-mumble-growl.

Randy laughed and said, “Rough morning?”

I nodded. Speech wasn’t working so well for me.

Randy disappeared into his apartment and came back with two little white pills and a small glass of some of Frank’s pineapple juice. He handed them to me and said, “Here. Take this.”

I mumbled, “What is it.”

Randy said, “It’s the cop and firefighter’s best friend: the wonder drug called Ritalin. It’ll take a while for it to kick in, but you’ll live.”

I took it and said, “Thanks. If you are cooking breakfast Lee, you’ll become Frank’s new best friend.”

He said, “Sure. At home, we trade up the cooking chores, so nobody gets stuck with it all the time. I’ve got biscuits in the oven, and I’m heating up some sausage. I’ll scramble some eggs for the rest when the start showing up.”

Randy got up and said, “I think I’m going to see about Rory.” He got up and went into his apartment.

I stood and hugged Lee and asked, “Are you glad you came?”

He said, “Oh God yes. When I get together with my cousins, it’s for fun, you know? It was different with Jeb. There was a lot more feeling in it. He kissed me like he meant it.”

I said, “Jeb’s a special guy. He turns sixteen in July, so he’s younger than you might think. After last night, he might be a little sore. If he is, give him a couple of Tylenol and sit in one of the hot tubs with him a while.”

Lee said, “There’s more than one?”

“Sure. There’s a big one out by the pool and a smaller one in the gym. The smaller one runs a little hotter and its jets are stronger. Try that one. I’m going to try to wake up some more. I’ll be back in a bit.”

I went down the stairs into the gym and did a little warm up routine with stretching and weights. The sleepy, fuzziness began to wear off and went out the garage and started jogging the trail to the park. I began feeling stronger as I ran.

Dockside Park was a modestly busy for early on a Saturday morning. There were several boats already out, but I didn’t see many people around. Way out a big houseboat called the Party Barge sat at anchor in deep water. It was rented out for parties and overnight excursions. I had been to a few of those but found parties I couldn’t easily leave gave me claustrophobia.

I jogged the traffic loop around the docks and then headed back toward the gate. As I passed the restroom, I saw no signs of anyone inside. I went on to the open gate and turned around. When I made the turn around the big oak, I had a different angle and could see a bike tire poking out from behind the edge of the building. I walked over to have a look and recognized it the bike I had seen Brian Bullard riding the day before.

I stopped, got a drink of water and listened but heard nothing from inside. I opened the outer door quietly and stepped into the vestibule. Once again, I heard nothing and stepped inside. I looked around and saw feet in the stall and heard a quiet snore.

I said, “Brian, is that you?”

He didn’t answer, so I walked over to the stall and found him sitting on top of the commode lid asleep. I opened the stall door and knelt in front of him and said, “Hey Brian, are you OK?”

He raised his head and his left eye was bruised and swollen. Someone had kicked his ass.

Brian said in a thick voice, “No I’m not OK. I snuck out last night to party with one of my friends and my Dad caught us. Dad kicked my ass and then kicked me out.” He started sobbing and said, “He told me to catch AIDS and die.”

I put my arms around Brian, held him while he regained his composure and said, “I know you are hurt, and it looks bad now Brian but, it’s going to be all right. I’ll help, and you’re going to be OK.”

It was my first close look at Brian and was really stunned at just how striking this curly blond kid with ice blue eyes and a tan. Even banged up he was a very good-looking boy. He was small framed with delicate features. His looks made my protective instincts kick into high gear.

I said, “Can you walk?”

“Help me up. I got stiff sitting on that hard seat.”

I helped him get up, and he leaned against me. He dropped his shorts and boxers to his ankles revealing his astonishing cock and said, “You help me, and I’ll do anything for you. I’m sixteen so I’m legal.”

The contrast between his body size and his eight-inch cock made it look huge. I said, “Holy crap Brian! How does a little guy like you have enough blood to have a monster hard on and stay conscious at the same time?”

He said, “I come from a long line of huge pricks. At least I've quit acting like one all the time.” Then he slipped his hand past my waistband and grabbed my hardening cock with one hand and started playing with my balls with the other.

“I’ll help Brian. Sex isn’t necessary.”

He grinned and said, “That’s what Barry said about you. He said he had to catch you asleep to give you the blow job you deserved for saving his life. You have to know that if you said fuck, every kid in this park would bend over for you. ”

I chuckled and said, “That’s why I have to use my powers for good or some dumb shit like Spider-Man would say. Seriously Brian, trust me, I’m going to help you. Save it until you are healed up, the two of us can get lost together somewhere nice for a while. I can already tell that I’m going to get attached to you.”

Brian leaned into me and whispered, “Then I will belong to you. I’ll do anything you want.”

I hugged Brian and said, “I can be a selfish horn dog as much as the next guy but, I won’t take advantage of you in this situation. You’re hurt in all sorts of ways, and I’d never feel right about it.”

He sighed and said, “You are a Boy Scout, aren’t you.”

I chuckled and said, “No. I never did that. The Scouts didn’t like gay kids and I did. Tell me what you need from me Brian.”

Brian said, “I want you.”

I said, “Beyond sex Brian. What do you want?”

“Please don’t make me say it.”

“You’ve got to say it Brian or I won’t be sure that I’ll be giving you what you need.”

I held him close but gently. I could tell he was sore in places and the last thing I want to do was hurt him again. He was silent for a few moments, and he said with the hitch of a sob in his voice, “I want a man who’ll love me for who I am and won’t hurt me.”

I asked, “Do you want a Daddy or a lover Brian? It’s hard to be both but, you seem to need both.”

Brian considered the question and said, “What’s the difference?”

“If you want a Daddy, you have to submit to my authority. I promise to be gentle, fair, guide you in the right direction and always look out for you. You’ll have brothers. I’m already the Daddy to a number of boys whose fathers are gone, too busy, have rejected them or are just plain indifferent. I love them all dearly.”

Brian said, “I’d like that. I’ve never had brothers, but I’ve always wanted one.”

“How would eighteen or so grab you?”

“That… sounds incredible. Barry and Brandon?”

I said, “Among others. So, what’s it going to be Brian?”

He said, “I might need you to be both for me, at least for a while. I need someone I can hold on to.”

“Say the words Brian.”

“I submit to you.”

I kissed his forehead and said, “You are mine now. You submitted to me, and I’ll take care of you. I won’t hit you, I’ll put you first and won’t be selfish. Now, we have to do this right. That means taking some steps that you won’t like and may frighten you. I have a lot of influence, and I’m confident that I can bring you through this. If we skip it, things could get out of our control.”

He sighed and said, “Cops?”

“That’s the good part. We have a friendly cop, and I am having lunch with the police chief and the mayor later today. If we go through channels, we can push it through quickly. You’ll be sleeping in your own room in my house tonight.”

Brian said, “There’s a joker in the deck. Our preacher might get involved in this.”

“Who is he?”

“His name is Jeremiah Noble of the Big Sandy Road Baptist Church. He’s a piece of work. He came from Kansas to replace our old pastor a couple of years ago and every Sunday its sodomite this and abomination that. He sounds like the creepy preacher from the movie Poltergeist. Since he came he’s run off half the church.”

“Oh shit. He’s one of those.”

Brain said, “Yeah. If he gets me, I’m off to pray away the gay summer camp.”

“Then we’ll have to make sure that doesn’t happen. Do you know where I live? It’s in walking distance. Are you up to a short bike ride?”

Brian said, “I can make it but, I won’t like it much.”

We moved back to the house, so he could sit down with Randy and write up a report.

Hearing Brian talk about Pastor Jeremiah Noble to Randy, I began to have my suspicions about the guy. I had heard and seen the horror shows that super-homophobic preachers could create. Half the time they were closet child molesters and the other half they were sadists.

I was concerned enough to call Bob Fuller at the Red Diamond Agency to have a background check done on him. There was something about the way Brian had described him that gave me a funny feeling. Bob let me know that our candidate for a second security position, Danny Miloy, would arrive on Sunday.

After getting the paperwork done, Randy took Brian to County General to check on his injuries. I didn’t like the way he was favoring his left side and was pretty sure he had injured ribs.

Before Brian left, everyone who was awake had hugged him and wished him well.

 

With Randy out of play, it fell on me to pick up the ball and run with it. After breakfast, I told all the guys to dress normally and bring their suits in hanging bags and dress shoes. We were all going to have an appointment with a hair stylist I knew in Rivervine and then do some shopping at the excellent mall over there and then have lunch at Café Creole.

This sparked rebellion in Alan and Barry wasn’t thrilled about it either. I told them that this wasn’t a barber, and they wouldn’t be scalped. The lady who would be doing their hair was a stylist. She would discuss the best way to style their hair and just trim it up. They were dubious, but I promised to go first, and they relented.

 

As the guys finished breakfast and prepared for our morning errands, I slipped out to the boat house and found the key missing from its usual spot and the door locked from the inside. I used the key on the ring to let myself in and found Kelly and Jo-Jo in the upstairs room. This time it was Kelly sound asleep. Jo-Jo pointed down, and we went downstairs, so we wouldn’t disturb Kelly’s nap.

Jo-Jo was all smiles this morning as he plopped himself in my lap, but I noticed some fresh scrapes, bruises and the distinct tattoo of pine bark on his forearm that hadn’t been there the day before. I asked him quietly, “Are you all right?”

He said, “I’m fine, and you’ve got a new boat. You’ve got to take us out.”

I said, “Done deal. I’m taking her out tomorrow morning. If you and Kelly show up, I’ll be glad to take you guys out. What happened to you? You look like you lost a fight with a pine tree.”

He said, “That’s pretty much what happened. Yesterday Kelly and I were fooling around on the trails. Well, not fooling around, just hanging out together. I ran over a pine cone and busted up. It looks worse than it was, but Kelly took me to his house to clean me up and do a little first aid. His Mom was there. I think she fell in love with me harder than Kelly. She cleaned me up, fed us lunch, kept us until my Dad came home from work and drove me home. She hit it off really well with my Dad.”

“That’s great Jo-Jo. What does your Dad do?”

“He’s the boss of the air traffic controllers at Preston Field in Rivervine. He has to be there at like insane o’clock in the morning which is why I’m always up so early. Anyway, Kelly’s Mom was delighted to see Kelly with any friends. He’s been like a loner and… I think she knows we’re more than just pals.”

I said, “It wouldn’t surprise me. I’ve been told that mothers just seem to know somehow. Many gay teens in the closet are terrified at getting close to other people, especially guys. They want to avoid being outed as being gay, and many of them really haven’t sorted out how they feel. While Kelly looks big and impressive at sixteen, emotionally, he’s probably a few years behind. He hasn’t dated, and you were his first so you two aren’t as odd a couple as most people would think.”

Jo-Jo said with enthusiasm, “Dad likes Kelly and says he likes the idea of me having a big brother to look after me when he’s at work and school is out. Better yet, Dad likes Kelly’s Mom. She’s making him supper tonight.”

“I’m glad things are working out for you two. Look, I’m going to have to go. You give Kelly a big hug and tell him I’ll try not to miss you guys tomorrow. You guys got lunch?”

Jo-Jo said, “Yeah. Kelly’s Mom is off until tomorrow. Would you believe she works offshore?”

“Really?”

“She’s a rig boss.”

“Damn Jo-Jo. Don’t piss her off.”

Jo-Jo giggled and said, “I’m too cute for people to stay mad at me for long.”

I said, “The powers of cuteness are pretty cool, and you’ve got them in spades.”

 

 

I made it back to the house in time for the migration and grabbed my shaving kit and the hanging bag for my suit. Frank had to remind me about dress shoes. I drove RedTeam1 and Frank drove the new van, and we headed off to Rivervine.

It felt odd that Tony and Chris weren’t with us. They had their mission, and I wondered exactly what we were going to get with Marie Ramano. Drug rehabs had a poor track record but the one she had gone to was much better than average. If she could carry the load of cooking and housekeeping for the 1st floor, she would make our lives a lot easier. If she went off with the first truck driver she could find, then the sooner, the better. It was a gamble but if we won that bet, the payoff would be well worth it.

Our first stop was the brand new Hampton Inn by the mall. We needed a staging area, and it was well-placed to serve that roll. After convincing the desk clerk that yes, I really did want to check in at a little before nine in the morning. He obliged and rented me a suite on the first floor.

He wasn’t quite sure what to think about the hoard of boys and young men descending on the place with suits in hanging bags, dress shoes and overnight bags but, we were doing exactly what we had told him we were going to do. After getting everything stashed away, I handed one of the card keys to Frank, and we proceeded to the mall.

Frank, Lee and Jeb were on a mission to get Lee a suit and some clothes that gave him a few more options than cut off blue jeans.

The rest of the mob arrived at Stacy’s Style at 9:00am. True to my word, I was first in the chair. Stacy was a tall, leggy brunette in her early thirties that I suspect made more than a few Bi men think twice. She explained to the group that she was not a barber. She was a stylist. Her job wasn’t to cut hair. Her job was to give you the style that best suited you.

I had gotten away from the longer hair that I had worn in college and my style was easy, quick and functional. She simply trimmed it where it was getting too long, and I was done. As she was working on me, three more of her stylists arrived and chairs opened up. Steven, Cory and Kevin stepped up, and we were off to the races.

When I was done, Barry volunteered and Stacy said, “Hello gorgeous. I’d kill for your natural curls.” After a quick conference, she went to work on Barry as Steven and Cory were done. Their hair was short, neat and perfect.

I said, “OK you two: I’ve got a mission for you. Take this and go to the video store in the mall. I know you guys like sci-fi, so I want you to get Dune director’s cut and then be picky but find us some other stuff to watch: Conan the Barbarian, Terminator, you know— cool stuff.”

Steven liked this mission. He took the bills and went off with Cory to pillage the video store.

Kevin was done and JJ took his place in the chair. Kevin’s mission: record store. I needed a copy of Pink Floyd’s Animals and my copy of the Wall was worn and scratched.

We were almost done when Frank arrived with Jeb and Lee. Only Alan was left, and the rest were returning with baggage from their missions. Jeb’s hair was easy. Lee took a little longer because his was country boy long.

Finally, there was Alan. He got in Stacy’s chair and looked more like he was at the dentist than a hair stylist. Stacy recognized Metal Boy’s phobia and talked him through it. He figured out that he wasn’t going to be sheered, he went with it and good old Stacy had him looking like a rock star in no time. By the time she was done with Alan, it was almost ten-fifteen, and we were still on schedule.

Only a few people were still out on missions and Frank stayed to collect them. I took the bulk of the crew back to the hotel where we could get ready.

I had not seen the guys in their new suits. Watching them get ready, it was quite the transformation. Everyone looked sharp. Frank had expertly chosen the suits not just for style and fit but also for their cut.

Lee was transformed from the boy we had picked up in blue jean shorts the night before. In khaki pants with a white button down Polo shirt, red tie and a blue blazer, he would fit into any frat house.

The transformations were just as profound on some others: Steven and Cory were completely unrecognizable compared to the first night I’d seen them. Lance was good-looking any time but dressed up, he was stunning. Rory was cute but, dressed up he was downright dangerous. I had to restrain myself from dragging Frank off like a cave man.

Toby, Brandon, Cole and Barry were all so cute it was ridiculous.

When everyone was fairly settled, Tony and Chris arrived with Marie Ramano. Her first look at the boys was in their suits. Tony and Chris put on their suits and Marie fussed over them and then went into the other room and put on her dress clothes.

There were a number of menus from local restaurants in the suite and there was one from Café Creole. I went over it with the boys and let them get an idea what they wanted. Po Boys were a popular choice; the place had daily specials and the best gumbo in at least a hundred miles. Of course when all else fails, their steaks are always a winner.

Randy was the last to arrive and quickly got in his suit and called me outside.

When we stepped outside to have a word, he had on his cop face. He said, “Brian has a minor concussion, two cracked ribs and blood in his urine, so he’s staying in the hospital for at least the afternoon. I wanted to give his father the same deal that we gave Rory’s Dad, but the DA wants to file charges. He beat Brian up too bad and too often for us to just look the other way.”

I said, “I was afraid of that. What are the chances of letting him plea down in exchange for giving up custody?”

Randy looked like he smelled something foul and said, “He loses custody any way this goes. Dr. Roberts’s exam shows signs of abuse that goes back for years. Now that it is documented that he has been beating on the kid, his medical record is highly suspect. My instincts say let this creep fry.”

“I’m not thrilled but, it is going to have to play out. It will all come down to the Judge.”

Randy grinned and said, “Judge Susan Vinson will be joining the Mayor and Chief Dodd at our luncheon so, be charming. Oh, and expect Matthews, Stone and McCormick— Cole, Kevin and Lance’s father’s respectively. This is quite a crap shoot you are making.”

I said, “When you have intelligence, you get an idea about the odds. Matthews will be thrilled that Cole is happy and safe after his close call. Stone and McCormick will be thrilled that Kevin and Lance have jobs and aren’t getting high all day. Sanders and Roberts will be thrilled that Steven and Cory aren’t out partying all night. The Chief and the Mayor will be thrilled that Scott and JJ aren’t completely unsupervised for most of the week and when I tell them my plans going forward, I think we’ll actually have allies.”

Randy asked, “So, what are your plans?”

“You know about the Red Team and Game Zone. That’s enough to get started with. Have you heard of the Academy?”

Randy said, “The elite prep school?”

I said, “That’s the one. They were considering shutting down. I bought in and am now on their board. I put enough money into it to put all of our kids in it when school starts back up.”

Randy whistled and said, “That must have cost a mint.”

“It wasn’t cheap but, that’s my ace in the hole. Any parent worth a single damn would sell a kidney to get their kid a diploma from the Academy. From there almost any college will take them in a second. I’m also funding some improvements to the two big parks in Lakeview that will make them safer. I’m offering the guys an E-ticket ride none of them will want to miss.”

Randy said, “Nor will their parents. Boss, I’ve got to ask, how many more are you bringing along for the ride? I know there will be Roderick, Brian and the cute little couple I’ve seen on the security cams hanging out in the boat house. Then there are your relations in the Valley and whatever develops on Acadia Ridge. Are you a big enough prince to hold this kingdom you are building together?”

“Asking that question means you are the right man for your job Randy. I think I am. Monetarily, it’s not even a dent. I’m just not sure when I’m supposed to sleep. I’m going to have a pull a Reagan and delegate a lot. I’m pretty sure I’ve got the right Lieutenants and Captains in mind for the Valley, but I’m going to have to spend more time on Acadia Ridge to figure that one out.”

Randy grinned and said, “It’s not boring, and it’s been a lot of fun so far.”

I said, “I’ll try to keep it interesting— just not too interesting.”

 

I went back inside and said, “Who here knows Brian Bullard?”

Barry, Brandon, Kevin and Lance raised their hands. Toby and Cole said they knew him but not well.

“He got beaten up and kicked out by his father last night because he got caught having sex with another boy. I’m not sure who he was with but, his Dad went off on him, and he’s in the hospital getting checked out. I don’t want him there by himself. Do I have any volunteers to hang out with him?”

My boys made me proud when the whole room volunteered.

I called the boys who said they knew him into the other room of the suite and said, “I don’t know Brian very well. Could you tell me more about him?”

They all looked at each other and Kevin said, “Well… uh, I’m not trying to be mean but, he’s sort of an asshole.”

I said, “Yesterday I spoke to him about the way he talked to the other kids. That’s the way his father talked to him. Brian’s father has been beating him too.”

Lance said, “Shit. If you had asked me about him before I knew that, I would have told you he’s a jerk but, I think I know why he is like that now.”

Brandon said, “Brian really likes sex but, he’s so abrasive, he wasn’t getting much of it. He’s cute, and you’ll be shocked if you see what he’s packing. With his looks, if he gets past that mouth of his, he’ll be really popular.”

I asked, “Does anyone know what he’s interested in?”

Barry said, “I know he fishes a lot, and I’ve been in his room a few times. He’s got a model of the space shuttle and a big poster of the constellations on his wall.”

Kevin said, “Yeah, if you get up early, you’ll see him fishing a lot. He tries to play sports but, he’s not big enough for football or basketball. He plays baseball, and he’s pretty good at it.”

I said, “OK. Thanks, guys. You all look good well-dressed. You behave at lunch today and when we get home, I have some surprises for you. Barry, Brandon, give me a minute with Kevin and Lance, OK?”

Brandon said, “Sure Tim.” Then he leaned toward me and whispered in my ear, “I’ve got a surprise or two for you for Kevin and Lance’s homework. They should both get an A.”

When they had departed the room, Lance and Kevin looked at each other and I knew they had something to say. I said, “Come on guys. Spit it out.”

Kevin said, “Tim, I’m not certain if I like Brian Bullard.”

“Brian has just gone through a life-changing event. He’s feeling— well put yourself in his shoes. How would you feel if your Dad had just kicked your ass, put you in the hospital and thrown you out? He’s not going to be the same angry, arrogant Brian that you know. He’s scared shitless and going to remember the people that rally to him now forever. You guys have an opportunity to make a friend for life.”

Lance said, “I much prefer being ignored to beaten up. Besides, Brian is cute. I volunteer.”

Kevin said, “You like him?”

Lance said, “Maybe. He has rough edges, but Tim managed to house break us. What would you have thought of the chances for that a few weeks ago?”

Kevin chuckled and said, “Fair point. OK. I’m in.”

I said, “Thank you guys. Brandon told me you both got an A+ on your homework, so I’m very pleased with you. Your next driving lesson, I guarantee you’re going to love it.”

Lance and Kevin both blushed at the mention of the homework I had given them. I couldn’t wait until they found out Roderick was just down the hall from them.

 

I went back into the main room and just mingled a bit. Tony’s Mom Marie was getting to know the guys and appeared to be having a great time. Tony and Chris buttonholed me into another conference in the adjoining suite.

As soon as we were in the room, they both embraced me.

Tony said, “Thanks for giving me my Mom back. I can’t tell you what that means to me.”

“And me”, Chris added. “Tony has been through a lot. He still has nightmares but, he’s better now. We’re both better now thanks to you. We love you a lot.”

I said, “I love you guys a lot too. You’re both a lot of fun but, I see the way you are with the younger guys too. I appreciate that. This is what I had in mind when I asked you to be family, and you are keeping up your end. Tonight we celebrate. Listen guys. While I’ve got you here, I’ve got a surprise for you. I was going to wait until later, but you’ve got your Mom, and you’ll need it.”

I reached into the pocket of my suit and pulled out an envelope with the bank's letterhead on it. I flipped through and pulled out the smaller envelopes marked Tony, Marie and Chris. I handed the first two to Tony and then the third to Chris.

They took their envelopes and opened it up to find a passbook and a debit card.

Chris said, “Is this what I think it is?”

I said, “I have set up bank accounts for you. The passbook has the info you’ll need to access the accounts. The card is a debit card. You can use it like a credit card, but it comes out of your checking account. I put the maximum I could under IRS rules, so you won’t be taxed on it, but you got five thousand in checking and eighty-five hundred in savings. Monday you’ll need to go by the bank in Lakeview and ask for Tiffany. She’ll take you through the last few bits like signature cards.”

Tony said, “Jesus Tim! I never know what’s next with you.”

I said, “Tony, I told you I would be the Father you should have had. Part of that is teaching you about how to handle banks and money. Later this summer with Red Team, you’ll both have ample opportunity to add to it.”

Chris said, “Tim, this is unreal. I never expected this.”

“You’ve both earned it.”

Tony said, “How?”

“By choosing to be a part of my family, you’ve helped me in more ways than you know. Now, let’s find Marie. Her package is somewhat different as she has her account for household expenses and groceries. I’m sincerely anticipating to see what an Italian Mom can come up with for Sunday dinner.”

 

Marie was stunned when she received her passbook and said, “But Mr. Shepherd, you haven’t even interviewed me!”

I said, “I’ve talked to your counselors and Tony and I think you are a good bet. Look around you Marie. Almost everyone in this room has been orphaned, neglected, ignored, abandoned or rejected. The rest I just supervise while their parents are away. I believe in recycling. No one is junk and I think we could benefit from a ladies touch.”

Marie asked, “What specifically will my duties be?”

I said, “Meals are the biggie. Frank and I are out of our depth at feeding this many boys. I’d like to have breakfast at seven, lunch at noon and dinner at six-thirty or seven. Housekeeping will be only for the first floor. The second floor is guys only. Everyone is responsible for their room and laundry. You will have the housekeeper’s suite on the first floor. It’s a nice big room but sparsely furnished. If you see that you need anything to make you more comfortable, we’ll take care of it. I like to cook too so, you’ll have a few meals off.”

“Marie, there are two crash and burn offenses that I simply won’t tolerate. You will keep up with your probation and I don’t want anything that even looks like drugs near my boys. I highly encourage you to find a nice twelve-step meeting in our area but, that’s up to you. Other than that, we’ll get along just fine.”

She smiled and said, “I can live with that. I was never a drunk but, I’m not taking any chances with that either. Paul used drugs to control me. I did not see it coming and don’t want any part of that anymore. You are giving me a second chance at a good life and taking care of Tony better than his father ever did. I’m grateful, and I won’t let you down.”

I asked, “What do you think of the boys?”

She grinned and said, “I’m sure they don’t always look like this but, they’ve all been very nice. It might take me a while to get used to the names.”

I said, “That will come with time. I doubt the boys have even seen the formal dining room. It’s big enough for the whole hoard.”

Marie said, “I can’t wait to see the place. Tony says he got lost in there a few times.”

“It is big. This mob doesn’t even fill it up. After our luncheon, Tony is going to drive you around to do a little shopping for yourself and groceries I suppose.”

Marie chuckled and said, “Good thing it’s a big truck.”

 

 

Toby saw me and beckoned me into the other suite I had been using for confidential conversations. I followed him in and closed the door behind him.

He reached into his suit pocket and showed me the gift certificate to the art store in Lakeview called the Pallet and said, “Look what I found in the worktable of my studio this morning. I wonder how it could have gotten there.”

I said, “Don’t wonder too hard son. You know I’m fully behind your art.”

Toby came close to me, put his arms around me and said, “I like the sound of that.”

“That I support your art?”

He said, “No. You called me son. Don’t think that I’ve been completely unaffected by Sam’s death. I’ve had my moments over it but knowing that you were there has made all the difference.”

I said, “Stick your head out the door and ask Brandon to join us.”

Toby said, “Could it wait? I need a little time with my Daddy.”

I looked at my watch and said, “Time is tight, but we’ve got a few minutes. What’s on your mind?”

Toby said, “This is a little embarrassing to ask but, would you teach Cole how to fuck me without killing me?”

“We get our test results Tuesday Toby. After that, I’ll teach you. I thought you and Andrew…”

Toby said, “That’s where Brandon and I got to like it but, he wasn’t much of a challenge. Cole is a bigger and much harder challenge if you get my drift.”

I said, “I missed my wake-up call from Barry and Cole yesterday, so I’m not certain how big a challenge Cole will be for you.”

Toby said, “He’s shorter than you, but he’s really thick. You could fuck me a lot easier than Cole. He’s gotten so much bigger since we broke up its unreal.”

“That can happen really fast at your age.”

Toby said, “I wish.”

“It’ll happen. You turn fourteen in less than a month. I’d say it was due any time now.”

 

 

The time finally wound down, and we boarded the vans to go. I picked the Creole Café with malice and forethought. Unlike the rest of the Rivervine that had grown up around the mall on the highway at the outskirts of town, it was downtown close to the hospital, courthouse, city hall and other organs of the county seat. Although the café was open for lunch on Saturdays, it was always a light crowd, and I had reserved the meeting room.

The Minnehana River ran right through the middle of town and was quite scenic. The river was cut deep into its banks. Those banks were covered in a unique variety of Trumpet vine which blazed with reddish orange blossoms in the summer and gave the small city its name.

We arrived, entered the restaurant and the staff guided us to the meeting room. It was set with six long tables. I expected it would be more than enough to accommodate the group I expected. The wait staff served us water as we waited for our guests to arrive.

The head waiter asked if we wanted any appetizers while we waited, and I ordered a dozen raw oysters on the half shell. Frank looked at me like I had lost my mind. When I told him their reputed powers, he resolved to try them.

The first platter was delivered to the spot where I was sitting by Frank and I did the ritual of dousing the oyster in lemon juice and horseradish and swallowing it. Frank tried one and decided they weren’t bad. Before long the whole group was having a few or at least trying them.

The first members of our guests to arrive were Doctors Roberts and Patrick and Ms. Sanders. They were astonished to find Cory and Steven not only extremely well-dressed but acting civilized or, at least as civilized as anyone who had just swallowed three raw oysters whole.

Ms. Sanders sat at the “adult” table and said, “How on earth did you manage that? I can’t take him anywhere and his hair is perfect!”

I said, “Most of the time when you hear about peer pressure and teens, it has negative connotations. I learned from my father that the Marine Corp uses peer pressure at the small unit level to push its members to perform at their best. When applied correctly, that positive peer pressure makes the members of the team want to perform at their best.”

Doctor Roberts said, “If I didn’t see it, I wouldn’t believe it. How on earth did you get Cory in a suit?”

Frank fielded this one and said, “Getting several kids into suits is a lot easier than getting just one into a suit. When they are all doing it, they don’t fight it, and they see the payoff of how good they look and how people treat them when they are well-dressed.”

Mayor Renner, Chief Dodd and an elderly woman who the Chief introduced as Judge Vinson arrived. On seeing JJ, the Mayor said, “Oh my God, JJ! You look great.”

JJ blushed and said, “Thanks Mom.”

The Chief said, “Scott, I want to get a picture of you. You’ve never looked better.”

The next person through the door was Gunny Anders who I introduced: “This is retired Gunnery Sergeant Anders. I have retained him to give the boys a couple of hours of gym time every weekday. How are they coming Sarge?”

Anders grinned and said, “We won’t be storming any beaches anytime soon, but they’re all in at least decent shape, and they work hard at it.”

Chief Dodd said, “Sergeant Anders trains our police in unarmed combat. Are you teaching them martial arts?”

Anders said, “One step at a time Chief. First we get them into shape. Then we’ll work on making them a nasty handful to try to snatch once when they are ready.”

David Bridges and Doctor Chang arrived almost simultaneously, and I said, “This is David Bridges of Bridges Construction. He’s a contractor I’ve used for a number of my projects. This is Doctor Chang. He’s my personal physician. I had him look over Cole and Barry after the incident and, had him give everyone a general physical, so we would know that Gunny Anders wouldn’t kill them, and they are fit to work.”

Greetings were exchanged as David Bridges and Doctor Chang joined us at the adult table.

Doctor Chang handed me a note that read, all the tests were negative.

I said, “Thank you, Doctor. Do you think we could arrange physicals for our new arrivals early next week?”

Chang said, “It will be no problem. Healthy boys make my job easy.”

The next group to arrive was Mr. Stone, McCormick and Matthews. They were similarly astonished to find their boys all ship shape.

Mr. Stone approached Kevin, looked him in the eyes and said, “Kevin, Lance: you look great. Thank you for looking after them Mr. Shepherd. How on earth did you…”

Gunny Anders said, “There’s an old poem by Kipling with a line that reads a man in khaki kit who could handle men a bit. The Shepherd line has been doing that for decades and Little Shep here inherited the gene from his Dad. He’s a leader. People want to follow him because somehow they just know they can trust him. When I heard that Tim had iced that Dalton creep, I wasn’t a bit surprised. Sorry, he had to do it but, Shepherds have been getting young men out of worse jams than that since way before my time.”

Mr. Matthews asked, “It was you who saved Cole and Barry?”

Chief Dodd said, “It was him but, he preferred not to take any credit for it. He told me that he was taught that gentlemen of honor are expected to do the right thing. Please do not spread this around but, Tim handed us several high-profile arrests of people that had been abusing kids, saved the two boys Dalton was assaulting, and the three boys Dalton was holding. Not to mention the Sheriff’s deputy who was extorting sex from numerous teenagers. The kids know he’s looking out for them and will tell him things they would never tell a cop. In fact, I have Officer Carlson working with Mr. Shepherd looking out for these kids and developing the information they are giving him.”

Randy spoke up and said, “We have developed a program for them to keep them out of trouble and danger. They are supervised at all times, and will soon be working.”

Stone grinned and said, “Kevin, you’ve got a job?”

Kevin said, “Yes sir. The building should be ready for us to start soon.”

David Bridges spoke up and said, “I just wanted to inform you that once the paint is dry, you can start moving in. The Game Zone is ready for you.”

McCormick said, “Lance, I’m proud of you, son. This is great. You know I have to travel so much but to see you surrounded by good people and working, I’m astonished.”

Stone said, “Kevin, all I was waiting for to let you start the process to get your license was for you to show some responsibility. I think it’s time.”

I said, “Finally, I have become a member of the Academy’s Board of Directors. All the boys who want to will have an opportunity to go there this fall.”

There was stunned silence and Mr. McCormick said, “I thought the Academy was really hard. Lance has been a good student but, he’s on the average side. Can they make it?”

“One of the myths about the Academy is that it’s super-hard. That’s really not the case. Students are challenged but, the difference in the Academy and public schools is that each student’s curricula is individually designed for the student. The student to pupil ratio is much better than any other school you’ll find outside another private school in a big city and the staff is highly professional. They can deal with students from exceptional, average to even special needs. In the Academy, we can keep a lid on bullying and harassment and a lot of the associated mess public schools can’t or won’t address. The Academy can even accelerate graduation if the student is up to the workload. Jeb Somerset is set to graduate this December at sixteen. It’s all up to the student.”

Mayor Renner said, “I had thought about sending JJ to the Academy, but I wasn’t sure he could get in and make it once he was there. This is wonderful news.”

Mr. Stone said, “Kevin getting into and getting a diploma from the Academy? I think I just walked through the looking glass.”

I looked over and saw Matthews his arms around Toby and Cole having a quiet conversation. This luncheon was off to a huge success. With the parents pleased and the boys absolutely glowing, the waiters took our orders. I had a bowl of seafood gumbo and a fried shrimp po boy.

As things were going in the right direction, I asked Dr. Roberts, “How is Brian doing?’

He sighed and said, “Physically, he’s doing well, but he’s down. No kid can go through what he has been through unscathed emotionally. I had Doctor Patrick talk to him, and he wants to start seeing him for a while.”

Judge Vinson heard this and said, “I understand you found him early this morning and Officer Carlson brought him in and filed the report?”

“Yes you honor. I jog the park at sunrise and a little after dark to make sure the gates are open and closed on time. We’re paying much closer attention to it since the incident. After lunch, I’ll be talking to the Chief and the Mayor about further actions we can take to make Dockside Park safer.”

The Judge looked at me with trained eyes that could read people and then grinned. “Mr. Shepherd, I’ve heard some incredible things about you, and it’s clear to me that you care deeply about these kids and their safety. I have an order in my purse that will grant you custody of Brian Bullard pending his father’s trial. Are you sure you want to take on a boy who is going to have problems? It’s not like he’s a puppy.”

I smiled back at her and said, “Actually your Honor, that’s a good analogy for what it will be like. All a puppy wants to do is play and that’s a good thing. It’s how he learns. He needs supervision to keep him from playing with dangerous things like snakes and alligators; he needs a safe place to play and other pups to play with. There’s a method to my madness. I’ve modeled this little menagerie on my extended family. There are peers, older cousins and uncles that are always around. Most of the guys have been exploited or abused in some way. Many of them are victims of Andrew Lawrence, and we’re only just starting to sort that mess out. I am hoping that I can work something out with Doctor Patrick to have him see us all about various issues.”

The Judge asked, “Are you included in that?”

“Yes Mam. I am. I’m responsible for a great deal and a sanity check won’t hurt at all.”

The Judge pulled some papers out of her purse. She signed it and handed me a carbon copy. She said, “Mr. Shepherd, I see many cases that are the results of parents that just do not care and don’t or won’t make any effort. I wish whatever bug you have were catching. We would all be a lot better off and, my job would be a lot easier.”

“Thank you your honor. We’ll take good care of Brian. Some of our boys already know him, so he’s not a stranger.”

Doctor Patrick said, “I’ll be willing to work with you. If you like, we could set up an interview room at your house and regular hours to see the boys.”

Thinking of just the room for the job on the 1st floor of the west wing that wouldn’t take much modification I said, “That would work just fine Doc. I’ve got plenty of space and the guys would probably be more at ease there.”

Our servers began bringing pitchers of iced tea, bowls of gumbo and salads. We got down to the serious business of having lunch.

 

 

After lunch, we had a break and the Mr. Stone and McCormick indicated that they wanted to see me. I followed them out to where there was outdoor seating. It was empty because of the heat. McCormick lit a smoke and Stone said, “What you’ve done for our boys puts us in your debt.”

I said, “Nonsense. Kevin and Lance are great guys. You don’t know how much help they’ve been keeping the younger kids in line.”

McCormick said, “We could both wrap up our projects by the end of the summer if we didn’t have to keep coming back to town every weekend. If you don’t mind keeping them that is.”

I said, “Mind keeping Kevin and Lance? What are you, kidding? Not at all. They both told me that they had always wished they had brothers. You’ve seen them. They’re thriving. I know you were both really concerned because they were smoking a lot of grass. That was more a symptom of boredom than anything else.”

Stone asked, “They’ve quit?”

I said, “I haven’t seen them obviously high since the day after the incident and that shook everybody up. Instead of having too much time on their hands, they’re busy, and they’ve got friends. Maybe they haven’t quit forever, but it’s not an everyday thing anymore.”

Stone grinned and sighed. “I’m glad to hear that.”

McCormick nodded his head and said, “Yeah. Me too. We both smoked some grass in our time but came to the conclusion that it was more trouble than it was worth. My worry with Lance is AIDS. He’s a really good-looking kid, and I’m pretty sure he could tom-cat around if he felt like it. That’s really dangerous these days.”

I said, “Last week I took everybody to Dr. Chang and had them tested and counseled to protect themselves from the virus. He just let me know that everybody in that group tested negative. None of them are stupid. I’m trying to show them that monogamous couples are definitely in style.”

Stone said, “May I call you Tim?”

“Sure.”

Mr. Stone said, “I’m Kevin senior and everybody calls Gerald here Mack. You are way better at this than either of us. Kevin ever hit on you?”

I chuckled and said, “They both have. I told them I was flattered but, Frank wouldn’t like it.”

McCormick laughed and said, “Y’all like an old married couple already?”

I said, “It’s not so bad.”

Kevin senior said, “Mack could you give me a minute with Tim here and send Kevin out?”

“Sure thing. I’m going to order a Hurricane. You want one?”

Big Kevin said, “Love one, but I'll have to pass. I’m driving.”

When Mack left, Kevin senior said, “Tim, I’m about to come out to my son. Do you think he’ll freak out?”

I said, “I’m pretty sure your issues are more about distance than sexuality.”

Kevin came outside, and his father patted a chair to come over. Kevin slipped out of his suit jacket and laid it over the arm of the chair and sat beside his Dad.

Mr. Stone said, “Kevin, you know I was a Navy Sea Bee during the Vietnam War.”

Kevin nodded.

“There’s a lot more to that story than you’ve heard. I was based at Subic Bay in the Philippines, and it was the custom there to pay a local teen to do your housekeeping and basically be your girl. I was married and didn’t want that and asked if I could have a houseboy instead. What I didn’t know was they were just fine renting out their boy teens too. They sent me a cute little thirteen-year-old who did the laundry, cleaned up the house and was an excellent worker. I didn’t expect him to hop into bed with me once the lights were out.”

“I hurt his feelings by rejecting him, and he started to cry thinking that he had displeased me. I was nineteen, from the south and hadn’t really figured out my sexuality past a circle jerk and a sloppy blowjob when I was sixteen. I thought I would treat him like a little brother, but we ended up having sex. Not just a little but, I feel in love with him. I was already married to your mom. I wasn’t sure what to do. As soon as he turned eighteen I brought him over, hired him and sponsored him for citizenship.”

Little Kevin said, “Uncle Karl De Silva. Yeah. I know.”

“You know?”

Little Kevin said, “Back when Mom was all crazy accusing you of having other women, I saw the way you and Karl looked at each other. Oh, I was outside way after curfew once and saw you and Karl one night when he dropped you off.”

Kevin senior said, “Well I’ll be damned. Why didn’t you ever say anything?”

Little Kevin grinned and said, “It was yours to tell Dad. I think it means something good that you were finally cool enough with me to tell me.”

Kevin senior said, “Look, now that you're on the right track and I don't have to come home every weekend, would you mind if I finish my project in Baton Rouge?”

Little Kevin said, “Not at all. We’re opening the arcade as soon as late this week.”

 

 

Just as we were heading back inside, Marion Sanders appeared. She, too, wanted a word.

“May I call you Tim?”

“Sure.”

“How did you meet Steven?”

“He and Cory were drinking a bottle of Mad Dog in the park with some of their friends. One of their friends told me they both needed to be looked after.”

She sighed and said, “Thank you. I’m just not sure what to do with him. He’s a good boy, but he’s at that age where he needs a strong male influence.””

I said, “He was pretty drunk and asked me to be his daddy. That’s a huge issue for him.”

She nodded and said, “I know. It’s an ugly story, and I don’t know if telling him would be worse than not telling him.”

“Maybe Dr. Patrick can help us with that. He’s going to find out sooner or later. It’s probably better we prepare him for it than let it hit him out of the blue.”

She looked haunted and said, “When we were both nineteen, Steven’s father was caught in a car with a fourteen-year-old boy while I was pregnant. We never married and last I heard he was in prison in Florida.”

I said, “It doesn’t get much uglier.”

“Now you know why I haven’t told him. My friends told me to lie about it. Tell him that his father was dead and to make up a story but, that just felt wrong.”

I said, “I suggest you talk to Doctor Patrick and see what advice he can give you to best to handle this. I think it would be a lot better for Steven if he gets the truth in a controlled manner than to have him dig it up on his own.”

She said, “That makes a lot of sense.”

I said, “We need to help Steven deal with this. His daddy issue is making him vulnerable to the worst sort of abuse. If I hadn’t found him the other night, he could have wandered into real trouble.”

 

 

When I returned to my place a slice of key lime pie was waiting for me. Frank said, “Better take care of that. Toby and JJ have been casting longing glances at it.”

Mayor Curry asked, “What were the improvements you had in mind for Dockside Park?”

I said, “David, you might want to pay attention to this.”

I had some plans rolled up and opened them up on one of the empty tables. The Mayor, David Bridges and the Chief crowded around.

“This is what I have in mind for Dockside Park. We landscape the undergrowth, thin out the trees, add a pavilion, some covered picnic tables and some stationary grills for cook outs. The idea is to make it visible and attractive to crowds, so people with bad intentions can’t pull something like Dalton tried out of sight.”

Mayor Curry said, “I like it. The landscaping and facilities cost won’t be huge and using private funds, we can make it happen quickly. Mr. Bridges, I know you can handle the construction. Do you have anyone in mind for the landscaping?”

David said, “This sounds like a job for Les Burns. He’ll have to pick up a few extra people, but he’s equipped to get started on the trees and the undergrowth immediately.”

I said, “I want to put a path down where the bike path runs from my backyard to the back door of the St. Luke’s Community center.”

David asked, “Are you sure you want that traffic through your yard?”

“We’ll put up signs that it is private property, and we’ve got security cameras covering it. If there’s a problem, it’ll be on video. I haven’t done anything with City Park yet. I’ll have to study it, but it’ll probably be very similar.”

The Mayor said, “I don’t see any problems expediting the permits. I’ll have them cut Monday and you can get started as soon as you are ready.”

I said, “If there’s nothing further, I think the natives are getting restless.”

Chief Dodd said, “Are the funeral arrangements For Sam Rankin in the paper correct?”

“Yes Chief. There will be a service at St. Luke’s at one on Tuesday, and he’ll be buried at the Biloxi National Cemetery in Mississippi Wednesday.”

I asked, “Doctor Roberts, how soon can you release Brian?”

He replied, “It’s just cautionary, and I want him to stay quiet with those ribs for a few days. I’ll have a prescription waiting with him, and you can get him at four. Getting him settled is probably better for him than sitting around the hospital.”

We said our goodbyes and began loading up. I caught up with David Bridges before he could get away. I asked him to meet at the Hampton Inn as I wanted to introduce him to his new nephews.

 

 

I made a beeline for the Hampton and got inside and out of our suits as soon as possible. Looking good is one thing. Summer heat in the South is quite another.

Chris and Tony took Marie off to do some shopping, Randy took Rory, Lance and Kevin by the hospital and then home and Frank took everyone but Toby and Brandon home in the new van. Before Frank left, I told him that I was going to wait to pick up Brian and would be home sometime after four.

Before David arrived I asked Toby and Brandon what they thought of him.

Toby said, “I’d have to see him without that suit on, but he looks pretty good.”

Brandon said, “I saw him after gym one day in jeans and a sweaty t-shirt. He’s a hunk.”

I said, “Well, he is coming here to change out of that suit. He’s married with twins on the way and I want to float the idea of keeping your house and leasing it to David and his wife. That way it can continue to make money for you.”

Brandon asked, “Uhh Tim, what are the chances of…”

I said, “Pretty good if you are in your boxers and Toby is shirtless when he gets here. You guys play the part of adoring nephews. I’ll step out to get some cokes when he gets here. Now you two, go in to one of the rooms and come when I call.”

 

David arrived at the door with a hanging bag and an overnight bag. I answered the door shirtless and said, “Hi Dave. Come on in.”

He entered the suite closing the door and I gave him a big hug. That was a little mean on my part. I knew he would bone up a little seeing me shirtless and there was no hiding his awakened monster cock in the khaki pants he was wearing.

David came in and collapsed on the sofa. He said, “There ought to be a law against suits on Saturday’s when the temperature is over ninety.” He slipped out of his tie, took off his coat and kicked off his dress shoes.

I said, “Sorry about that Dave. Thanks for coming. This was an important meeting for our cause, and it went exceptionally well.”

David said, “It did go well. The Mayor and that Judge were eating out of your hands.” He dropped his dress pants and began unbuttoning his shirt.

I said, “They are good to have in our camp."

When David had his shirt off and was sitting on the couch with a half-hardon in his boxers, I said, "Toby, Brandon are you done?”

They came in from the side suite, Brandon in his red boxers and Toby shirtless in gym shorts.

I said, “Toby, Brandon: I want you to meet one of my oldest friends. This is David Bridges. He’s as good a friend as you could ask for, and I hope you’ll be pals.”

Toby and Brandon sat on the couch on opposite sides of David. Toby said, “When Tim says something like that I’ve learned to listen to him. It's a pleasure to meet you Dave.”

Brandon said, “I’ve been watching your guys at the Game Zone, and you’ve done an impressive job on that old building in a short time.”

David said, “You boys have my condolences on the loss of your father, but I know Tim will make a great Dad. I wasn’t really expecting him to make me an uncle so soon.”

I said, “The reason I asked you to join us is that we have to decide what to do with Sam’s house. It’s just across the bay from my house, and it’s very nice. We were thinking of maybe leasing it to you. You’ll have plenty of room, and you’ll be close.”

David said, “If it would be OK with you boys, it would be ideal for me and Betty. The Doc says we’re having twin boys.”

Brandon said, “It’ll be fine on one condition.”

Dave said, “What is that?”

Toby gave Dave his cutest look and said, “Brandon and I have never had an Uncle before. Would you like the job?”

Dave reached out, hugged the two boys close to him and said, “I’d love it!”

Toby scooted into Dave’s lap and said, “Deal!”

From the surprised look on Dave's face, I could tell where Toby's hand had gone.

I stood up and slipped on a shirt and said, “I've got to go out for about an hour. Anyone want me to bring back a coke?”

Dave looked at me with an elevated eyebrow and said, “Sure.”

I winked back at him as Toby and Brandon both nodded slyly. I got in the van and drove around exploring Rivervine for a little while, stopped at a convenience store and was actually back in forty minutes. I had three cokes, a mountain dew for myself and some ice from a machine.

When I got back to the room, I entered quietly and put the cokes and ice in the mini-fridge, poured my mountain dew and sat in one of the comfortable chairs. I must have dozed off because when I woke up, a half hour had passed, the ice in my drink was half gone and David was sucking my cock like a champion.

The sight of the boy/man I had always worshiped pulling my shorts down to lick my balls set my hormones ablaze. Dave had rarely given me head but when he did, he got caught up in the heat of the moment. I call it the call of the wild when you let go and let the fire of passion burn. Dave let it go and was soon rewarded, and he caught every drop.

I said, “Thank you, Dave. That was different for you.”

He grinned sheepishly and said, “The real reason I was shy about giving head is that I lose it a little. It’s like I like it too much.”

“That’s OK Dave. We’ve got you a safe place to get your wild on. No one will know, you’ve always had me, and now you’ve got two dedicated fishing buddies.”

David looked more relaxed than I’d seen him in years. He grinned and said, “How did you know?”

“Our history. I was three years younger when we first got together, and I noticed you notice young cuties. I’m their Dad now, and they like big manly men. I knew you guys would hit it off, and you would be gentle with them.”

David said, “God Tim, I love them. You’re OK with it?”

“I wouldn’t have set it up if I wasn’t. It’ll always be discrete with absolutely no chance of getting caught. I know Toby and Brandon are attracted to men, and you feel the call of the wild. Connecting you and Toby and Brandon protects all three of you: you from being outed or hooking up with the wrong sort of man.”

He looked and me and said, “Thank you, Tim, for the house and this. I love you.”

“I love you too big guy. It’ll be damned good to have you close. I’m sure with all the projects we have going forward; we’ll find all sorts of excuses to burn the midnight oil sweating over details and each other.”

Dave chuckled, “This will be a lot of fun. I hate it but, I’ve got to go.”

I stood to give him a hug, but again he surprised me with a kiss instead. There was fire and passion in that kiss and I began to wonder if Dave’s call of the wild might be slipping the leash. We made plans to show Betty the house and introduce her to her new nephews after church Sunday. Reluctantly, Dave took his coke and hit the road.

I went into the room where Toby and Brandon were dozing naked under a sheet. I locked the door and joined them. I set the clock by the bed for three-thirty. For the first time ever, they were too exhausted to jump my bones. We just lay there together and enjoyed a nap.

 

 

The alarm went off all too soon but Toby and Brandon woke up smiling. We wrestled a bit and I ended up with Toby under one arm and Brandon on the other.

I said, “We need to get rolling soon, but we’ve got a few minutes. What did you think about your Uncle Dave?”

Toby gasped and Brandon said, “He’s got the biggest cock I’ve ever even heard of.”

I chuckled and said, “Other than that?”

Toby said, “He was really sweet. I thought a guy that big and muscular would be rough, but he was gentle as a kitten.”

“He must like you.”

Brandon said, “Thanks Tim. Dave is outstanding. It’ll be really cool to have an Uncle.”

I said, “There are two things I wanted to tell you. At the luncheon Dr. Chang told me that all of our test results came back clean.”

Brandon and Toby both hugged me tight.

“The second thing is that, if you want to, I’ll fly us down to Biloxi to see Sam’s Graveside service, we’ll stay overnight and fly back the next morning.”

Toby asked, “Could we…”?

I said, “Of course we can bring Cole and Barry. Wasn’t that one of your wishes?”

Toby said, “Yeah, but I was thinking maybe we could bring Uncle Dave too.”

“We’ll check with him and see tomorrow. We’ll show him and his wife your house tomorrow. You’ll have to charm Betty but when you two put your mind to it, I think you could charm a wooden post.”

Brandon said, “That would be really cool. I just wish it was for something besides Sam’s funeral.”

“Me too. There will be other trips, of course. We’ll be going up to the Valley and Dave is working on that too. I know you guys need to do this. Biloxi is a nice place. We’ll get a really nice hotel and there are plenty of good restaurants. We’ll have fun.”

Toby leaned over, kissed my cheek and put his head on my shoulder. Brandon did the same and I said, “I love my two fine sons.”

Brandon said, “You love everybody Tim.”

“Yeah, but you two know you’re special. Sam and you chose me and that means a lot. Now, let’s enjoy each other’s company for a little while longer, then get dressed and pick up your new brother at the hospital.”

 

 

We arrived at the hospital a little before four. I was guided upstairs where Dr. Roberts was just finishing up discharging Brian. Toby and Brandon elected to wait downstairs, so we wouldn’t have to worry with the hospital visitor rules.

I said, “Hi Doctor Roberts, do you have any instructions for me?”

He said, “Just keep him still and quiet for a few days and give him one or two of these for pain every few hours. They will make him a little sleepy, so they’ll help keep him from getting too active.”

He handed me a little prescription bottle with tiny white pills. I read Demerol on the label. Brian was going to loopy and droopy for a while.

I went into the room and Brian and Lance were chatting happily. I said, “Anybody here ready to go home?”

I noticed that Brian looked really stoned. He said, “Hell yeah. Come here a minute.”

I came close and leaned over to hear Brian whisper, “Did you send Lance to stay with me or does he really like me?”

I whispered back, “He volunteered, and I think he likes you.”

Brian looked thoughtful and whispered, “But I owe you. Is it OK?”

“Of course it is. I’m a Boy Scout, remember?” Wary of his ribs, I put my hands on his shoulders.

Brian grinned and said, “You’ve done everything you said you would. I’m liking you already.”

An orderly arrived with a wheelchair to take Brian downstairs. Lance went with Brian and I went to collect Toby and Brandon and get the van.

I met them at the curb, and we helped Brian aboard. Lance sat next to him and buckled his safety belts. I looked in the rearview as we pulled away and saw Lance with his arm around Brian.

I took the road back to Lakeview, but I wanted to quickly drop by Kitty’s Smokehouse before she closed up at four-thirty.

 

 

I stopped in at Aunt Kitty’s and ordered another five pounds of her pulled pork and some smoked bacon and sausage. Kitty was delighted to see me. She threw in some of her new sausage dogs for us to try. I mentioned that I was thinking about a snack bar with some of her barbecue for the Game Zone and told her that we would talk more about that later. She thanked me for getting the boys out of jail. She refused payment for the barbecue. I asked if Lil James and Marcus and if they could come over to go fishing. Kitty said Marcus was with his cousins, but Lil James was at the house next door. He could go, but I had to promise to take him to church with us.

When I put the barbecue in the van, Lance and Brian were sound asleep but Toby and Brandon were missing. It had clouded up and gotten really humid as one of our afternoon thunderstorms was brewing. I slipped off my shirt and went to find Toby and Brandon, but I had a pretty good idea where they were.

I went to the door of the house were Lil James and Marcus lived. The inner door was open but the screen door closed. I checked the screen door. It wasn’t latched, I heard the voices I expected inside and smelled weed.

I quietly went inside and closed and latched the screen door behind me. I could hear them talking in the den, so I went through the kitchen. I could see the reflection of the three of them sitting on the couch passing the joint and talking in the glass on the front of the oven.

I couldn’t hear everything they were saying. Just snatches like Lil James telling Toby and Brandon he had seen Roderick suck my dick, and he wished he had someone. I disliked hearing that he knew about me and Roderick but, I knew Toby and Brandon would make him a happy boy. They were trying to be quiet, and I could see in the reflection the three of them were sitting close together talking very quietly and finished the joint. The three of them got up, and Lil James walked to the front door, closed and latched it.

Then all three headed back to Lil Jame's bedroom where he closed the door and I heard it latch from the inside. This was too good an opportunity to miss. I could hear whispering, groaning, moaning and bed springs squeaking. This went on for a few minutes and then the intensity picked up. I distinctly heard Toby warn that he was going to cum. I stepped across the hall and grabbed a towel from the bathroom and returned to hear Brandon and Lil James finish noisily.

Lil James said, “We had better hurry. Tim will be looking for us. I’ll get us a towel.”

He opened the door covered in spunk and I handed him the towel grinning. His eyes got big as saucers and I thought the poor boy would faint. I said, “Busted.”

Lil James said, “Awe, man.”

I said, “Get that spunk off you and give me a hug. Then we’ll talk about consequences.”

He asked as he toweled the spunk off himself, “Consequences?”

“Yeah. Pack a bag with some clothes to go fishing and church. Aunt Kitty gave you permission to come over and spend the night. Did Toby and Brandon treat you right?”

Now smiling, Lil James said, “Oh God yes. That was great.”

I said, “Toby, Brandon; get dressed and head to the van. I’ll help James here pack, and we’ll be a long shortly.”

They both got dressed and headed out while James put some clothes in a gym bag. As they headed out the front door I told them, “Give us a few minutes. We’ll be right there.”

I went back to James room. He was already packed, but he was only in boxers. I sat down on his bed and he closed his bedroom door and locked it. He sat down beside me and I asked, “What’s on your mind James?”

James said, “Tim, do you like boys?”

I tried not to sigh and said, “You know about gay people James?”

James said, “Yeah. I’m pretty sure I am, but I like boys too.”

I grinned at James and said, “That’s because you are a boy. That’s perfectly normal. There’s a difference between gay people and men that like boys. It’s hard to explain because gay people and men that like boys do a lot of the same stuff sexually. With men fixated on boys, that’s all they want. They usually aren’t interested in adults, and they can get pretty manipulative and coercive about how they get boys. Some of them like little boys and that’s really wrong. Others like younger or older teens.”

James said, “I know all about men that like boys.”

I said, “No kidding. Roderick told me about your Uncle James. The reason I’m not helping him with his legal problems is he’s just damned lucky he doesn’t have a lot more of them. What he’s done to you three boys was bad wrong.”

Lil James said, “Uncle James wasn’t so bad. He took us in and took care of us when nobody else wanted us.”

I asked, “I don’t know all the details of that, but Roderick told me about the rent you three boys had to pay. If that wasn't bad enough, he had you selling weed.”

Lil James said, “He’s not our real daddy or uncle. The three of us are half white and our real Mama’s family didn’t want us after she died. James knew the family and offered to take us in. Aunt Kitty doesn’t know that Uncle James likes boys and taught us all how to please a man. He wanted us to get with you, so he could blacknail you, but we wouldn’t do it because we really like you.”

I said, “The word is blackmail, and I love you too. You boys were in a tough spot but, you’ve got me now. You won’t have to do that anymore.”

Lil James said, “I know you and Roderick do it. I want to do it with you too.”

I said, “I know you do. This spring when we went camping, I knew whose hand it was playing with me.”

Lil James said, “Then you got up and went to the bathroom, did you know it was me on the other side of that glory hole?”

“I thought it was Roderick.”

He grinned and said, “I wore his shoes.”

“You tricky boy!” I grabbed James, tickled him, wrestled him to the bed and blew a raspberry on his belly. I couldn’t help but notice the circus tent he had pitched in his boxers.

I said, “You are packing a monster in your boxers for your age if your dick can double for Roderick.” He grinned and giggled.

“So you blew me and I blew you back thinking you were Roderick. I hope you enjoyed it. You were pretty good.”

James said, “It was great. I wish it lasted longer.”

“Think I’ll call you juicy James. You came like a fire hose.”

We wrestled a little more and this time I was lying on my back and James with his knees on my shoulders like a wrestling pin with his crotch inches from my face.

“You asked if I liked boys. The answer is not like your Uncle James. I love you and your brothers. I want you to be family but, sex isn’t required. That’s better don’t you think?”

James said, “You’re not fat and smelly like Uncle James. I want to do it with you.”

I said, “There’s more to the difference than good hygiene James. At some point, if you want to, we will get together and suck each other dry. That’d be lots of fun with a stud like you. You will never, ever have to. Get it?”

James said, “I understand, and I want to. Why can’t we…”

“People are waiting for us, and you just had a dose of Brandon and Toby. How would you like to work at the arcade we are setting up in town.”?

He twitched like he had touched a live wire and said, “Do you really mean it?”

“I do. I’m adding a snack bar with your Aunt’s barbecue and snacks. Think you would like to run it with Roderick? It would mean staying at my place during the week…”

It was a while before I got anything coherent out of James, but his answer was yes. He was even more pleased when I told him I’d stop calling him “Little” James.

 

 

We got back in the van, everyone was very drowsy or asleep and the barbecue smelled delicious. Fifteen minutes later we were pulling into my driveway, and it was raining hard. Damn.

I had Brandon, Toby and James take the barbecue up to the kitchen. With Lance watching out for tripping hazards, I carried a sleeping Brian upstairs. James followed Toby and Brandon upstairs, and I figured they would entertain each other.

There was a huge pile of boxes stacked in the garage. The Electronics store had delivered the first of the entertainment centers, and we could get to work on that.

Lance asked that I put Brian in the room he was sharing with Kevin because we were quite certain that Kevin would be moving in with Roderick as soon as they could manage it. As soon as I had Brian settled, Lance put on some shorts, and lay down beside him.

I said, “He’s probably just going to sleep for a while.”

Lance said, “I don’t want him to wake up by himself.”

I hugged him and said, “You are as sweet as you are handsome Lance. Thanks for looking after him. Either Frank or I will check on you in a little while.” I mentally noted where the first entertainment center would go.

 

 

I checked on the progress of getting Marie moved into the room on the first floor. Tony and Chris had helped her get what little stuff she had and the bit she got while shopping.

“Hi Marie. Are you getting settled in?”

She said, “This place is huge and beautiful. I can see the lake though my window. I love it!”

I said, “I know it's chaos today getting moved in, so I brought in some barbecue. Did you hit the market?”

Tony said, “Boy did she ever. It took me and Chris a half hour hiking things up to the pantry.”

“I guess now isn’t the best time to show you the dumbwaiter.”

Tony said, “I’m the dumbwaiter.”

“Come on, I’ll show all three of you at once. It stops in the back of the back of the pantry on the first floor and across the hall from Jeb and Lee’s room on the second floor. It’s in a little closet on the garage, so it’s hard to spot.”

I showed them where it came out in the much replenished pantry. Then I showed them the little room in the garage to access the dumbwaiter.

Marie went back upstairs to continue her work, with Tony and Chris’s assistance we moved an easy chair, an end table and a lamp in that we had raided from empty rooms on the first floor.

Then the three of us started putting the entertainment centers together. I moved one up to the room Lance and Brian were staying in. Brian was awake and he and Lance were glad to have cable TV. I gave Brian another one of his pills and he and Lance settled in to watch MTV.

The next one went in Marie’s room. She was astonished and thanked me profusely.

I kept wondering where everyone was until I was in the kitchen. I heard what sounded like most of the guys watching movies in the TV room on the 1st floor.

I put the third entertainment center in Lee and Jeb’s room but, with those two, I doubted they would need it much. They seemed to entertain each other.

The last entertainment center I kept the TV and VCR out and put the stereo in Alan’s room with an older turntable I had.

I put the TV and VCR in one of the small emergency bedrooms in the basement.

I made a quick run to the grocery store for a few dozen buns and some chips. I stopped at the liquor store and bought some wine: Sangria, Chianti and Marsala. I stashed the Sangria in the mini-fridge in the gym and put the rest of the wine in the pantry for cooking. I took the last two bottles of sangria in the pantry upstairs to the mini-fridge in the party room.

We had supper after the movie most of the crowd was watching ended. We had barbecue sandwiches on buns and Aunt Kitty’s new sausage dogs.

While I was in the kitchen directing the chaos, the phone rang, and I ran to the office to catch it. It was David Bridges. His wife was intrigued and wanted to see Sam’s house, so we decided to meet up after church and show them the house.

As soon as I put the phone down, it rang again, and it was Matthew. He told me about his disastrous liaison with Brian and asked if I knew what had happened to him. I told him that Brian’s Dad had beaten him up and thrown him out. He was here and I had custody of him. Matthew was greatly relieved, and I told him that his little brother was supposed to come over Sunday afternoon for me to trouble shoot his electrical problems in his Camaro. Come with them and he could see Brian. Oh, and be sure to bring Bart. I have a dungeon to show them.

Matthew asked if he could come and see Brian, so we decided to meet me in the park just after dark.

Roderick and Kevin came into the office while I was there both looking pleased. Kevin said, “You were right about that surprise. When we found Roderick here waiting for us, I remembered what you said.”

“I assume you two want a room together?”

Roderick grinned and Kevin blushed.

“Come on and let’s pick out a room for you.”

We picked one on the second floor near Alan. Kevin went for his stuff leaving me with Roderick. “You know James is here, right?”

He chuckled and said, “Yeah. How bad did he hump your leg?”

“He told me a lot more than you have. He said your Uncle James took you three in and taught you to please him. Don’t look ashamed. You’ve got no reason for it. What matters is the three of you have me in your corner now, and you will land on your feet. From now on, the only man you’ll ever please are ones you just want to.”

Roderick engulfed me in a huge hug and whispered in my ear, “Did you let James have some?”

“Not today but, remember our camping trip back in April and that glory hole in the bathroom? He came in there wearing your shoes.”

Roderick bawled with laughter and I said, “You know we’re going to have to stop calling him Little James.”

 

 

I got hold of Alan, and he followed me up to his room. On the way I said, “I noticed your phobia of barbers and I wanted to reward you for being brave and facing it.”

He opened the door, saw the stereo and leaped into my arms.

I carried him into the room and sat on the bed. Alan said, “I’ve always wanted a component system of my own.”

“A TV and VCR go with it. The electronics store was out of stuff, but they’ll have the rest of the order this week. Now Metal Boy— you can bring my albums in here and decide what tracks you want to use on your show.”

Alan said, “I’ve been thinking about that. It’s just an hour show and I think I should focus on one group like Led Zeppelin, Rush or Black Sabbath.”

“It’s your show. That sounds like a good idea. Have you thought about a name for it?”

Alan said, “How about the Game Zone Power Hour.”

I said, “That sounds like a winner cuz. Who do you want to go with first?”

Alan said, “It has to be Led Zeppelin.”

I asked, “Are you happy Alan? You’re the only one in a room by yourself.”

Alan said, “Close the door, and I’ll show you just how happy I am. Staying with you is way better than the Mouseketeering I would have been doing at Disney world.”

 

 

My next stop was with the boys in the TV room. Frank, Jeb, Lee, Randy, Rory, Scott, Cory, JJ and Steven were all piled on the couches watching the director’s cut of Dune.

Randy paused the movie and said, “Hey Tim, what’s up?”

I pulled up Steven, sat down and pulled him into my lap and said, “I wanted to have a word on tonight’s festivities. Since we have Marie we can’t be quite as freewheeling as we were. There are some new things we are going to do. I’m telling Marie that we have lights out at ten. What that really means is we all move upstairs. Is everyone OK with that?”

Randy asked, “Are Rory and me in on that?”

I said, “No. You have all the security gear in your office and we both know a lot of your job truly starts at lights out. What I want is for Marie to get in the habit of going to bed at ten. ”

“What we’re going to do tonight is at ten we’ll all go upstairs and change into Speedo. Then we’ll spend a little time in the party room. Then we'll break up into groups and have fun.”

 

 

I put on some shoes and put my keys in my pocket. It was time for me to check the park gate. I went down through the gym and ran into Brian and Lance in the hot tub there with Lee and Jeb. I spoke to them, and they were all looking pretty buzzed. Lee had brought some of his homegrown, and they had enjoyed some upstairs.

After hugging everybody, turning on the sauna on low and whispering in Jeb’s ear that extra strength Tylenol was his friend, I went out the garage to start my run. Just the feel of the evening warned me of mosquitoes, so I grabbed a little spray can, applied some and put it in my pocket. Then I began to run.

The rain had cooled things off considerably. The brutal heat of the day had moderated after the rain, and the evening was quite pleasant. I made my way to the docks and all the cars and trucks bearing trailers were all gone.

I did not spot Matthew. As I made my way up the drive past the picnic tables, I did spot a group of three kids who looked familiar from Andrew’s Red Book sitting on one of the tables passing a bottle around. I could tell they were watching me as I jogged toward them and gave them a wave as I passed.

Andrew’s red book was about a year behind. If the boys were who I thought they were, and I’d seen plenty of pictures of them, they were Jeff Blake, Larry Holloway and Tyler Reynolds. Jeff was a tall, thin boy of fifteen with a dark complexion and jet black hair. Larry was a strawberry blond, short and muscular fourteen who looked a bit like he had been spending some gym time this summer. Tyler was both the smallest and oldest of the group at sixteen. He had pale delicate features capped off by dark auburn hair. All three were wearing nothing but running shorts and sneakers.

It took me a few minutes to get to the gate, but it was indeed closed, so I turned back. As I jogged into the big turn I noticed that there were bikes behind the bathroom and one of them was Jo-Jo’s. I passed the bathroom and continued down to where the three guys were sitting. I noticed them swatting and cursing the little blood suckers. When I approached and offered them some mosquito repellant, they were all smiles and a little drunk.

One of them said, “Thanks. I was afraid they were going to carry us off.”

I said, “No problem Tyler.”

He looked confused and said, “How did you know my name?”

I said, “I know Jeff and Larry too.” I had all three of their attention now. “You guys know Toby and Brandon?”

Jeff said, “Sure. I've known them for a while. I haven’t seen them since their father was killed.”

I said, “I’m their guardian, and they live with me now. When Andrew was busted Brandon knew where he hid his Red Book and some other stuff you guys might have found… embarrassing. We wanted to keep as many kids names out of it as much as we could. The cops know who Andrew was messing with you but not that he was renting you out. We made a deal with them. If you guys talk to a counselor, they’ll let you stay out of it. Otherwise, in a couple of months, some detectives might come hunt you down.”

Tyler said, “I want to stay as far away from that train wreck as I can. Did you get the tapes?”

I said, “We got the worst of them, but there were just too many. Look: the cops see you guys as victims in this. They don’t need you as a witness or anything. They’ve got enough to put Andrew away forever. They just want you to see a counselor, have a head check and be on your way. We’re going to make it easy for you. The Shrink is going to set up at my house one day a week, probably Friday afternoon. Talk to him and you are in the clear. Would you mind spreading the word?”

Jeff said, “Thank God. I’ve been waiting for the other shoe to drop since he got busted. If my parents were to find out, they would have me in a military school so fast…”

Larry said, “Umm, yummy… an all-boys school.”

Tyler chuckled and said, “An all-boys school is just the place to kick that nasty cocksucking hobby.”

I laughed and said, “Yeah, that never made much sense to me either. Look, have you seen my friend Matthew? He was supposed to be here.”

They laughed and eyed each other. Tyler said, “You mean tall, dark and nerdy? You passed him when you jogged by the restroom. He’s in there with a couple of friends. Rumor has it he’s hung like a tank.”

I said, “He is. If you can get past his awkwardness and get his shirt off, Matthew is hot and really a sweet guy.”

They looked at me in shock and said, “You like Matthew?”

I grinned and said, “He’s nineteen and just now figuring things out. Sure, he’s awkward, but have you ever seen him with his shirt off?”

Jeff said, “He’s figuring it out with a couple of kids I don’t know— one tall, one short and both cute.”

I said, “Come on. Get a look at a really impressive cock.”

All three got up and Tyler said, “I’d rather see yours.”

Larry said, “Me too.”

I said, “Then we had better get out of the open.”

As we walked I said, “There’s going to be some construction here very soon that will screw things up for a few days. If you guys would like, you are welcome to use my pool.”

Jeff said, “Where do you live?”

I pointed at the trail to my house and said, “Right down the trail. You can’t miss it.”

Larry said, “You live in that big ass house?”

“I own it.”

Tyler said, “Young, rich and hot: please tell me you’re single.”

“Sorry Tyler. You are a cutie but, remember the red head in the Nissan that used to cruise here? We’re together now.”

Tyler said, “You think I’m hot?”

I chuckled and said, “Andrew didn’t waste his coke on homely kids. All three of you are hot enough to make me wish I were younger and single.”

Jeff said, “I like older guys.”

Larry said, “Yeah, me too. Give me half a chance, and I’ll show you how much.”

Rather than go inside the restroom, we went around behind it. I could tell by the voices it was Matthew, Kelly and Jo-Jo. It didn’t sound like they were doing anything but Tyler, Jeff and Larry were sure ready to. They were all boned up and so horny they were shaking.

I put my finger to my lips to indicate quiet and pulled Tyler to me in an embrace. He ground his crotch in into my own and I whispered into his ear, “What do you want Tyler?”

Tyler said, “I want your cock.” He slipped his hand down my shorts and grasped the object of his desire. It rewarded his attention with a growing erection.

I said, “Is that all?”

He wasn’t expecting that and looked puzzled.

“You’re beautiful Tyler. You should want more for yourself. Wouldn’t you like someone who gives instead of just takes? You deserve someone who will make love to you, not just fuck you in the dark and pretend they don’t know you tomorrow.”

Tyler’s eyes got moist, he hung his head and he said, “I don’t deserve it. I’m just a whore.”

I put my hand under his chin and made him look up at me. “That’s what Andrew taught you, so he could use and control you. Let me teach you something better. Your first lesson begins right now.”

I kissed Tyler passionately, and he melted into my arms. I held him gently and spoke softly to him, “You are a prize Tyler: You are a gem worth having.”

We ground together kissing, crotch to crotch until Tyler couldn’t take it anymore. He disengaged, pulled his hard cock out his shorts and shot a wad that smacked the side of the building. I held him steady as his knees were weak.

I spoke gently and softly in his ear, “The only thing you are guilty of is being a horny teenager and the whole male half of the rest of the planet is right there with you. If I didn’t have Frank, I’d take you home myself.”

Jeff and Larry looked on grinning.

 

I said, “Jeff?”

He came to me and I wrapped him in a hug and whispered to him, “What do you want?”

Jeff stooped and put his head on my shoulder. He was a tall youth that was yet to fill out like a proud yearling colt. He said, “I prefer not to be afraid anymore. I’m afraid of everything. AIDS, my parents finding out I’m queer, people beating me up, all my friends bailing on me and going to hell. I could probably think of a dozen more if you gave me time.”

I said, “I can help with some of that. I have a doctor that we can send you to check you out and tell you how to avoid the AIDS virus. The rest of it, you can talk to me, Father Ashley or Doctor Patrick. The important thing for you to know is that you don’t have to be alone with what you’re feeling. It’s going to be OK.”

Jeff said, “I heard you look out for us. Is it true?”

“I try, but I can’t be everywhere at once.”

“Why?”

I sighed and said, “Because not so very long ago, it was me who was alone with all those fears. It doesn’t have to be that way.”

Jeff chuckled and said, “I thought you were a myth like the Loch Ness monster, but you’re real and even hotter than they say.”

“You aren’t so bad yourself. That’s not a couple of rolls of quarters in my pocket.”

Jeff laughed and said, “Me too. My little friend likes you a lot.”

I asked, “What does the big head think?”

He sighed and said, “After Andrew, it’s hard to trust but, you are different.”

I said, “God I hope so. You feel better?”

“Yeah. I do. I like this. I’d like to do a lot more of this with you. It feels so good with you holding me.”

“I’d like that too, and there will be a better time for it. I promise.”

Jeff ground his crotch into mine, gave me a kiss and said, “I’m going to hold you to that.”

 

When my moment with Jeff passed, Larry came to me like a happy puppy. I couldn’t help but grin as he wrapped his arms around me and a very hard lump came into contact with my crotch.

I said, “Hi Larry. What can I do for you?”

Larry said, “I lost my Dad about a year ago, and I miss doing guy stuff with him like hunting and fishing. Do you like that? Could you take me with you?”

“I just got a bass boat and was planning to set some trot lines out early in the morning and I could use a hand. I’ve got a hunting lodge about an hour north of town where I can hunt dove, quail and deer.”

Larry even wiggled like a happy puppy. He put his hand on my arm and said, “You have to work out to be that cut.”

I chuckled and said, “Yeah, I’ve got a gym in my basement. Have I got a new workout, hunting and fishing buddy?”

“Hell yeah! With benefits if you know what I mean.”

I said, “If you run that’ll make it just about perfect.”

Larry said, “I’m trying, but I fade fast after about a mile.”

“You’ll get better. It just takes time. I can see you’ve already been putting in some gym time, and you feel solid as a little boulder.”

Larry beamed and said, “Thanks. Sure I’m a jock— it is fun and like being physical. I like the looks I get when I take my shirt off.”

“Yeah, I know what you mean. We’re going to have a lot of fun together Larry. I can tell we’re kindred spirits. I’ll have to get permission from your Mom to take you hunting.”

Larry said, “She’ll like you. Hell, she’ll probably make a play for you.”

“I hope you won’t get mad if I pass on your Mom.”

Larry chuckled, “I wish she would date someone cool like you.”

I heard the bathroom door open and close and heard Tyler and Jeff talking inside and realized that we were alone. Larry figured it out and said, “We either need to stop or just go ahead and do it.”

“There are pros and cons either way, but I think you’ll like meeting the guys inside.”

Larry ground our crotches together and said, “I like the guy I met out here.”

“Yeah, so do I. It’s not just that you’re hot. We’ve got so much in common. I can see us being good friends.”

Sounding a little disappointed, Larry said, “Just friends?”

I kissed that little spot just behind his left ear that always does the trick and said, “More than friends, but that’s what it will have to look like.”

I hugged him close and said, “You deserve better Larry. I know many older guys just want to get off, but I’m not like that. If we were to get together, it’ll be somewhere better than this place and more than just a quickie.”

I couldn’t resist hugging my new puppy and stroking his hair. He leaned into me and whispered, “I think I’ll fall in love with you.”

“I’m sure I love you Larry. You are me about eight years ago— all boner, muscles and hormones. See. I know you already.”

“Please don’t make fun of me.”

“I’m not Larry. Of all the guys I know, I think we’re the most alike. I lost both of my parents a few years ago, and we were close. I’m not sure how our relationship will develop but, I promise you three things: I’ll never be mean, I’ll never intentionally hurt you, and I’ll always look out for you. Is that a good place to start?”

Larry didn’t say a word. He hugged me and I stroked his hair. Then he giggled and said, “Listen.”

I could hear happy noises coming from inside the building.

I said, “It sounds like Tyler and Jeff like Matthew.”

Larry said, “It sounds like they like him a lot.”

“Want to crash the party?”

Larry said, “Not really. I’d rather hang out with you. It may seem a little weird, but it’s something my dad used to do before he got to sick— would you mind picking me up?”

“I’d be honored to.”

Larry wasn’t too big for it, but he was heavier than Toby. I hugged him, and he wrapped his legs around my waist, arms around my shoulders and rested his head on my shoulder. He sighed with contentment and I felt him relax. I also felt him harden against me and was a little impressed.

I said softly to him, “You were daddy’s boy Larry. He was a good daddy, and he loved you and treated you right. Since he’s been gone, you’ve been searching for someone to fill that empty place in your heart, and you’ve been used and abused by the people you thought might be right.”

Larry asked, “Are you the right one?”

“I will try to be. I won’t use you. I won’t intentionally hurt you. I’ll try to give you the attention you need and, introduce you or, reintroduce you to some people that will make good friends for you.”

“You are the right one”, Larry said confidently.

“How do you know?”, I asked, genuinely interested.

“Andrew promised dope or money. That stuff is fun, but you promise things of the heart. I may be young but, I know the difference. Besides, I know it’s not just about sex with you. You could have had Tyler or Jeff and I know they are hotter than me, and you haven’t commented about my throbbing boner.”

I said, “Are you sure you’re just a little jock? You are too smart for that by half.”

Larry chuckled and said, “Shush. Don’t let my secret out. Being around Andrew was educational in many ways. I learned a lot from him about what to look for in people, and more importantly, what to look out for. This feels so good. I’ve really missed it.”

“I enjoy it too Larry. Even with that impressive boner against my belly.”

I stood holding him for some minutes until the festivities inside wound down.

 

 

Jo-Jo was the first ones to come outside. He grinned and said quietly, “Awe, that’s cool of you Tim.”

Hearing Jo-Jo’s voice startled Larry, and he disengaged and jumped down looking frightened.

Jo-Jo said, “It’s cool Larry. I’m glad you met Tim. I wish I had thought to introduce you. He’ll be good for you.”

Sounding panicked Larry said, “You won’t tell Tommy, will you?”

Jo-Jo said, “Tim might need an update. Tommy is Larry’s little brother and one of my friends. Larry, what happens in the park stays in the park. None of us will out you.”

Larry asked, “You’re…”

Jo-Jo laughed and said, “Gayer than Liberace.”

Larry said, “But you spend the night with Tommy all the time.”

Jo-Jo winked and said, “They say in the movies gentlemen don’t kiss and tell. Larry, I know you’ve got a strong sibling rivalry going with Tommy but, this isn’t something he can burn you with. Tim will be good for both of you.”

Kelly emerged from the restroom, hugged Jo-Jo and said, “Tim is a great guy. He looks out for the younger kids, and he sure helped me get my head on right.”

I said, “Tomorrow morning early I want to go out and set some trot lines. Anybody interested?”

Larry shifted mental gears and said, “Sure!”

Kelly said, “We were going to ask if we could spend the night in the boat house. My Mom and Jo-Jo’s Dad are, uh… having a night together before she goes back out Monday.”

“You guys are welcome, but it’s time you met everybody. We’re having a little party later. It’ll do you all some good to meet other kids like you, so you won’t feel so alone.”

We stood around for a few minutes waiting but Tyler, Jeff and Matthew were still inside. I told Jo-Jo and Kelly to head on to the boat house, and they got on their bikes and headed off.

Larry asked, “Do you want to go inside?”

I grinned and said, “I like the guy I’m with.”

We went around behind the building and just talked and hung out for a few minutes when I heard voices from up the road past the giant old Oak tree. We couldn’t see who it was, but they were noisy and sounded fairly young. We stayed put in the shadows behind the building and could see two kids on bikes.

Larry looked like he had seen a ghost and pulled further back into the shadows. The two kids didn’t bother to hide their bikes. They just leaned them against the building and went inside.

I asked quietly, “What spooked you Larry?”

“That’s my little brother Tommy and his friend Adam. They are supposed to be spending the night at my house.”

I said, “You know what you found out from Jo-Jo. He’s just out here doing what you were doing. Do Jeff or Tyler know them?”

Larry said, “Maybe from seeing them around.”

“I think you are about to discover something about your little brother. How you proceed will either make you closer or you could hurt him badly. What you decide, remember that he’s your brother, and you have to live with him.”

Larry nodded, and I pointed at the crack in the wall. His eyes widened when he looked closely in the dark and could see a faint light through the crack. He looked through and said nothing. As he watched he adjusted himself. Finally, he stood with a tent in his shorts and he said, “I never knew watching could be such a turn on. That Matthew guy is hung like a horse.”

I leaned over to take a look and saw all five of the boys were nude. Matthew was the center of attention, and he was holding Tyler and kissing him. Tommy was sucking Matthew’s dick and Adam and Jeff seemed to be worshiping the big, sweet awkward teen. It was pretty hot to watch. I was glad for Matthew. It had to be better than circle jerks with his D&D group.

I stood, leaned against the building and let Larry look and watched him get more and more aroused. His left hand rose to my crotch and his right hand went inside his shorts. I reached over and ran my hand down his back. He started to jerk off, but I stopped him and whispered, “Don’t waste it.”

He pulled away from the crack and I said, “I take it that you are pretty worked up?”

Larry fumbled with my shorts and said, ”Please? I’ll do anything you want.”

I said in his ear, “If you promise to be cool with your little brother. I want two fishing buddies and I think the two of you will be lots of fun.”

He said, “Deal.”

“Take off your shorts Larry.”

He slipped out of his shorts. I picked him up and he got the idea. He wrapped his legs around me and sighed.

I said, “Comfortable?”

He said, “You feel fantastic.” His cock got very hard against my abs.

“So do you.” I linked my hands under his behind and pulled him closer and up forcing his hard cock across my abs. Then I lowered him back to where he was. I did this a few times and felt his excitement build. His legs tightened around me, and he began a slow grind which soon began to quicken.

He began to breathe faster and pick up his pace. His cock was now slick with pre-cum, and he was getting into it. Larry began to shake, twitch and moan a little, and then he said, “Let me down, I’m going to cum.”

“Stay put, it’ll be better.”

He continued to buck and shake, then he gasped, and I felt warm wetness on my abs, and quite a lot of it. I continued to hold him as his orgasm shook him. With one finger, I got a drop as Larry watched with fascination as I tasted it.

I said, “Tastes a little nutty.”

Larry laughed and said, “That was great. It feels even better now.”

“You’re still hard. Want to go for two?”

“We want to avoid missing the end of festivities inside.”

I let him down and we both did a lot of cleaning up.

He pulled his shorts up as I steadied him and said, “Feel better?”

He grinned and said, “You know how it is when you need to cum so bad it hurts?”

“Blue balls?”

He chuckled and nodded. Then he said, “I had sort of already decided to be cool with Tommy but…”

“You needed that. Let’s see how things are going inside.”

We took a peek and decided things were moving right along. Matthew was showing signs he was about ready, so we quietly moved into the vestibule where we could hear the groaning and moaning from the orgy inside.

Larry and I waited quietly listening for a couple of minutes and heard Matthew finish. I counted to ten in my head and walked in with Larry right behind me.

It was my first time to see Tommy up close. He was a smaller version of his brother with redder hair, and he was milking every drop out of Matthew. Adam Pate was a long-haired platinum blond cutie who was working on Jeff’s cock.

Both were startled at my appearance but when Tommy saw Larry, I thought the poor little guy was going to have a heart attack. Much to Larry’s credit he went to his little brother and spoke softly to him, and he relaxed.

I said, “Matthew, I see you’ve gotten over that shyness problem.”

He laughed and said, “You were right. All I had to do was to not be afraid of people and I’ve met some hot ones.”

Tyler said, “Thank you Tim. I would have never guessed that Matthew was such a stud until I saw him… shirtless.”

I walked over to the toilet and pulled several bits of toilet paper and handed it to the guys to get the spunk off of faces, hands, hair and everywhere else it had gotten.

Adam was talking to Jeff and Tommy was speaking to his brother. It looked like Tyler and Matthew had bonded. Jeff finished the conversation with Adam.

Adam, naked as a jaybird came over to me and asked, “Did you really do something to keep us out of Andrew’s mess?”

I said, “Yes. You and your brother Aaron but, you’ll have to talk to a shrink and then they’ll leave you alone.”

Adam hugged me and said, “You don’t know how much we had been dreading that getting out. Where my parents go to church, we’ve got a real bible thumping gay hater.”

I asked, “Jerimiah Nobles?”

Adam nodded.

“I’ve heard that about him.”

Adam said, “None of us kids like him. We have a youth church with our youth minister while the adults go to his sermons.”

I said, “Let’s talk more about him later. He sounds fascinating… like what makes buzzards puke.”

Adam grinned and said, “My bother Aaron is really going to like you. He’s a legendary smart ass. He gets in trouble for it all the time. That’s why he’s not out tonight.”

Matthew, Kyle, Jeff and Larry were ready to move out but Adam and Tommy, both naked, wanted to talk so I said, “You guys catch up with Jo Jo and Kelly at the boat house. We’ll be right along.”

Tommy said, “Are you going to start taking me and Larry hunting and fishing again?”

“Fishing, yes. Hunting, your Mom will have to OK that but, sure.”

I noticed that both of them had boners and asked, “Did no one take care of you?”

They both looked mystified.

I said, “You are both hard. After all you guys did, no one got you off?”

Adam said, “No. I like older guys and they don’t usually do anything back.”

“I’m going to have to have a word with Matthew about that.”

Tommy said, “When we got here, they were almost done. I got Matt to cum the third time.”

Adam, not to be outdone, said, “I got Jeff. He’s really cute. I’d like to get you too.”

Tommy said, “Me too. Larry told me that you’re really nice. We both have been missing doing guy stuff since Dad got sick.”

Adam said, “Me and Aaron both owe you one for keeping us out of Andrew’s mess.”

“You guys are really cute but, I can’t. You’re both way too young. ”

Tommy said, “We won’t talk. I love big cock.”

I said, “Really, I’d like to but how old are you guys?”

Tommy said, “We’re both sixteen.”

I sighed and said, “No you’re not. If either one of you is over twelve, I’ll blow you myself.”

Adam laughed and Tommy said, “We’re both thirteen.”

“Crap. I walked into that one.” I pulled a coin out and said, “Call it Tommy.”

Tommy looked confused and said, “Call what?”

“Which one of you I’m going to blow first.”

Adam said, “Nobody does that for us. We’re little. We aren’t hot.”

I said, “Well they should. You’re both cuter than a basket full of puppies. Come here you two.”

I brought the two cute naked kids in, hugged them both and kissed them on their foreheads.

Tommy said, “You are both the oddest and nicest grown up I’ve ever met. I don’t understand. We both really want to suck you dry but, you would rather do us?”

I said, “I understand why you are attracted to older guys and why you’ll never get the psychological pay off from it that you need. Tommy, you lost your father. Adam, I’m guessing that you and your Dad aren’t close?”

Adam said, “You could say that. He criticizes everything about Aaron and me from our long hair to being too girly.”

“This is a trick your brain is playing on you. You know how little boys follow bigger boys around and imitate and irritate them?”

Both of the boys nodded as being little brothers, they were both familiar with the antics of little brothers.

“It’s hard wired into boys psychology that they need older males acceptance and approval to feel good about yourselves. It’s not really about big brothers or big kids; it is mostly about fathers. You need that acceptance, affection and approval and your hormones are all mixed up in there. That’s why you are attracted to older guys and why they take what you give them and give you nothing in return. Given time this will do a number on your self-esteem. You’ll start thinking that you don’t deserve love and affection but you do. You are both really cute, sweet kids. I won’t take from you. There are too many others who will. I’ll love you in other ways, give you the affection and attention you are craving and look after you. That OK with you?”

Adam hugged me and Tommy joined in. I hugged them back, kissed them both on the forehead.

Tommy said, “I think I understand. You really are looking out for us but, I still want to blow you sometime.” Adam nodded in agreement.

I chuckled and said, “You two are a whole lot closer to getting it than the guys that were inconsiderate enough fuck and duck and leave you boys with blue balls… except for Larry. He wasn’t here.”

Tommy asked, “Do you like Larry?”

“I like both of you. Larry and I talked and we three have got a lot more in common than just being jocks that like to hunt and fish. I know about your loss. I lost both of my parents very close together a couple of years ago. I wouldn’t even try to replace your Dad but, I’ll be happy to have a couple more hunting and fishing buddies.”

Tommy said, “Larry and I don’t get along so well.”

“That’s probably going to change. You both know more about each other than you did. I am going to make sure that you and Larry get the right kind of attention and affection and, I’m going to introduce you to my boys. I have a cousin that I think will just love to meet Adam.”

Adam’s eyes widened and somehow I just knew that Alan would enjoy meeting him. Their contrasts would make them a really cute couple.

Tommy asked, “Have you got a cousin for me?”

“Maybe not a cousin but, as cute as you two are, I might just keep you and Larry for myself.”

 

I jogged and Tommy and Adam rode their bikes back to the house. We stopped at the boat house and I Larry, Kyle, Jeff, Matthew, Kelly and Jo Jo were inside talking.

I said, “Matthew, may I have a word?’

We walked out onto the dock and I said, “I’m glad to see that you are coming out of your shell. I know you are inexperienced. Would you like a little feedback?”

“Yes Tim. That would be very cool.”

I said, “The last couple of nights, you’ve been with younger guys and some responsibility attaches to that. Your concern for Brian is good. The way you are treating Kyle and Jeff is good. However, you should go back inside and at least hug Tommy and Adam.”

Matthew said, “Damn. I should have thought of that myself.”

“The young ones like Tommy and Adam, it’s really easy to use them. They want to be with the big boys and, they want to please you. Too many guys will just zip up and go afterwards and that hurts them. They get the message that they just aren’t worth any consideration and those two little guys are as sweet as they are cute.”

Matt said, “I sort of feel a little guilty being with someone that’s younger than my little brother’s boyfriend.”

“I won’t scold you about that. Those two are quite willing and you were a virgin just a few days ago. You are still learning and playing a little catch up and, these boys aren’t complaining. Just be gentle and considerate with them and they’ll love you for it. Now come give me a hug big guy. Those boys are just lucky they got there first.”

Matt gave me a big hug and said, “For a little guy, Tommy is really good.”

I said, “If you want some more of that, just be sweet to him. He’ll love you for it and, you seem to be getting along really well with Kyle. Come on, I want to show you something.”

Matt followed me into the garage and down into the basement I stepped into the dungeon and turned on the floor lights with the bulbs that simulate torch light. When he stepped in he said, “Oh wow, this is awesome. Bart will take one look at this and nut all over himself.”

“I do hope he lasts a little longer than that. I want you and Bart in my little dungeon where your Senior Sex Instructor will torment you both with extreme ecstasy.”

Matt knelt and said, “You are our king after all.”

“Can you stay the night?”

“Yes my liege, but I’ll have to call Chase. Maybe I can get Bart over.”

“Good. We’re having a little party at ten and, it will be the sort you will need to sleep off.”

I put my hand out and said, “Rise Sir Matthew of Longcock. Your liege is pleased.”

I pulled him to his feet, hugged him and said, “When we go back to the others, just give Tommy a hug and thank him. He and Larry are two kids I like a lot.”

Matthew grinned back at me and said, “Thank you Tim but, you like everybody.”

“Usually, I do but not everybody. Anyone that would do harm to any of my boys, I’ll have his head on a pole.”

“Coming from anyone else, I would assume that was just talk”, Matthew observed. “But you’ve done it.”

“No king is worth a damn if he doesn’t love his subjects.”

 

 

I collected the group from the boathouse. I was pleased to see that Jeff had his arm around Adam and Matthew hugged Tommy and spoke to him and Larry.

As the procession passed through the gym Larry arrived at my side and said, “You did say you had a gym.”

“So, when are we going to schedule our work out time?”

Larry asked, “Morning, afternoon or night?”

“We’ll figure it out.”

When we arrived in the kitchen, it was spotless and smelled of Pine sol. Marie actually had the skillets and pans out lined up for breakfast. I heard the guys in the TV room and led the pack in.

I didn’t have to make introductions. They knew each other for the most part. I did have to introduce Matthew and Kelly who blushed at all the attention.

Tony told me that his Mom had been busy all day and had already retired for the night.

Frank noticed the shy Kelly and Matthew blushing and came over and gave them both one of his hugs. He had them enchanted from the start.

I noticed Alan was missing but I had a good idea where he was. As everyone else mingled, I led Adam upstairs and said, “Alan is my cousin. He’s really cute but he’s a little shy. I hope you two will hit it off.”

Adam said, “I’m pretty sure I know who you are talking about. He is cute. I just never dreamed he would be interested.”

We arrived at Alan’s room to find his door open. He was sitting on his bed shirtless, wearing red speedos in anticipation of upcoming festivities and had several Led Zeppelin albums in front of him. Black Dog was playing on the stereo. He had a notebook in his lap where he had tracks listed and their run time. I was impressed. Metalboy was doing his homework.

I said, “Hey Alan. Have you met Adam?”

Alan turned around to look and both of his eyebrows went up in surprise. He said, “Adam’s my neighbor. We’ve known each other since we were little. What’s up Adam?”

Adam blushed and said, “Tim here wanted to introduce us.”

Alan’s speedos began to bulge and I said, “I’ve got a few chores to do before the evening festivities. I do hope you’ll entertain our guest. I’ll come back by when we’re ready to start and, I’ll be sure to knock. Please lend him some speedos for the party.”

I left the room and closed the door behind me and heard muffled laughter.

 

 

I had been putting off calling Bill Fuller of the Red Diamond Agency back. I went down to the office, parked my butt in my favorite chair and dialed his number.

A very official sounding voice answered, “Red Diamond Watch Desk. This is Simmons, how may I help you.”

“This is Tim Shepherd checking on a requested background check.”

Simmons said, “Mr. Shepherd, please authenticate: November Golf.”

The day was still Saturday so my reply to his challenge was: “Delta Whiskey” which meant I know the code and no one has a gun on me.

Simmons said, “Thank you Mr. Shepherd. The Chief left a message for you. We did a background check on Jerimiah Nobles and he is a non-person. The social security number he is using belongs to a baby that died in 1946 in Nebraska. We think we know who he is but we’re not sure. We have a man in route to you who will attend the morning service and attempt to get his photo and prints if he’s lucky. If it’s who we think it is, he’s a nasty grifter who cons his way into a church, runs off all but the most fanatical members, gets them whole hog into some kind of project and then empties the church bank account and leaves town. Oklahoma and Kansas have warrants out for him and the Feds want him for interstate flight to avoid prosecution.”

I said, “Something about that guy set off alarm bells when I heard people talking about him. He didn’t sound like any of the good and kindly ministers I’ve ever met.”

Simmons said, “Watch out for this guy. He shot a man getting away from his last gig in Lawrence Kansas. Seems he left a teen aged girl pregnant there and the father took exception to the good reverends actions. The victim lived but one of the warrants is for attempted murder.”

I asked, “What is this mutt’s real name?”

“We don’t know. They are both John Doe warrants but we have pictures and prints of him in two churches and possibly a third. He has changed his MO. He’s stayed at Big Sandy Baptist twice as long as he’s been anywhere else.”

I said, “That’s easy to figure. That’s not the richest side of town or the biggest church. It’s just taken longer to make his scam worthwhile. Thank you Mr. Simmons. I’ll let my local contacts know that they need to look at Jerimiah Nobles very closely.”

Simmons said, “Be careful with that. In his past two gigs, he cultivated contacts inside the local police and sheriff’s departments. They think he rabbited when people started asking questions. Another trademark: he takes Mondays off and, that’s always when he splits town.”

As soon as I hung up the phone, I called Chief Dodd and relayed the information. I also told him about the Simmon’s warning. Dodd said, “Well, I knew there had to be a use for all the Feds we have running around town. If they’ve got a warrant for him, it will suit me just fine to let them handle it. I’ll give my Bureau contact a heads up. Let me know what your man turns up tomorrow.”

 

I went by Brian and Lance’s room and found them watching television. They looked like a pair of especially lazy cats lounging on the bed. Lance was softly snoring.

“How are you doing Brian?”

Brian said, “I think it might be time for another pill. I’m feeling sore again.”

“Before we do that, Matthew came by for a visit. Are you up to seeing him?”

Brian said, “Sure.”

I knelt down beside the bed and gave Brian a very gentle hug and said, “I wanted to do that so I wouldn’t embarrass you in front of your friends.”

Brian hugged me back and said, “Thank you Tim. This has gone from one of the worst days of my life to one of the best thanks to you. Everybody here has been great.”

I asked, “Do you have your driver’s license?”

He said, “I’ve got a learner’s permit. I’ve heard about your driving lessons. I can’t wait.”

“Let’s get you well so I can take you out in the country and have some fun.”

I brought Matthew upstairs, gave Brian one of his pills and left them alone to visit. Then I did a little accounting in my head and came up with the only people missing.

I went by Kevin and Roderick’s room and found them asleep in each other’s arms. I stifled an urge to jump in with them and left without disturbing them.

When I went by Brandon and Barry’s room I found Barry and James asleep but Brandon was wide awake. We left the two sleepers in peace and Brandon followed me out of the room wearing his red Joe Boxers.

I said, “I’ve got a few chores to do for before our festivities. Could you lend a hand?”

Brandon said, “Sure.” He was delighted anytime he could get one on one time with me. He followed me down to the kitchen where I got a couple of Tupperware bowls and then headed for the basement.

I went to the room where we had our goodies stashed and retrieved some weed which I stashed in the Tupperware. When I pulled out one of the bricks of coke, Brandon looked absolutely hypnotized. I took a knife and cut a slit in the plastic cover and scraped a small amount out onto a mirror.

Brandon asked, “Are we going to…”

I said, “Yes. I’ve had very little sleep and we’re going to be up a while. You’ve been a very good boy and you’re about to be rewarded.”

Now Brandon wiggled like an excited puppy. I closed and locked up the room where we had all of our goodies stashed away and he followed me into the bedroom I had prepared with the TV and VCR. I sat down at the table and loaded us a couple of bong hits. While he was bubbling away, I used a razor blade and chopped up the coke into fine powder.

Brandon asked, “What are these rooms for?”

I said, “Dad was paranoid about tornadoes. There is steel and three feet of concrete above us. The house could be completely blown away and we would be just fine down here. At some point, I’ll show you guys the escape tubes from the top floor.”

Brandon said, “It’s nice down here. Not what I expected for a basement.”

“Tornadoes weren’t the only thing Dad was paranoid about. It’s a fallout shelter too. We could live down here for months if nukes started going off unless one landed right on top of us. That’s at least one advantage to living way the hell out in the sticks. We have to be careful with this coke. It’s uncut so we can’t just snort if down like the stuff we’re used to.”

Brandon said, “I’ve had it like that before. A couple of little lines will do the trick.”

I said, “There’s a quid pro quo Brandon. You need to tell me what it is you are holding back about your time with Andrew. You know something I need to know to protect you. I can feel it.”

Brandon sighed and said, “It’s on the tapes. Andrew pimped us out to VIPs and got the encounters on tape. I know a few of them by name: Senator Tull, Judge Hardin and Representatives Dillon and Conway.”

“Holy Shit Brandon. If Andrew was blackmailing those guys, no wonder he thought he was invincible.”

Brandon said, “It’s why we were so reluctant to talk about it. Toby and I actually liked Tull and Dillon— especially Tull. They’re like really sweet old grand pa’s that like boy jizz. Hardin likes to spank boys and I can take it or leave it— mostly leave it unless the daddy is hot like you. Conway is a sadist and I want nothing at all to do with him. There were others but those are the ones I knew.”

I said, “I looked at the tapes. I saw two more Senators and another five members of congress. It’s interesting that there were no state level politicians. It was classic. Almost something like what spies do called honey traps: there were cameras in hotel rooms and it looked like a professionally done job.”

Brandon replied thoughtfully, “Nobody said Andrew wasn’t smart but, I’m absolutely sure he wasn’t blackmailing those guys yet. I think he had something bigger in mind and was waiting for all the chess pieces to get in position. I don’t know what it was but, I’m sure it was important.”

I said, “When powerful people like this get blackmailed, really bad things can happen to witnesses. That’s why I had to keep pushing you on this Brandon. I’m sorry but I had to know.”

Brandon stood from his chair came around the table and sat in my lap. I loaded a prime looking bud in the bong, sprinkled it with coke and handed it to him. He started it and handed it to me. I finished it and felt myself get a little energized. I handed him the straw and he hit the two little lines I had prepared then I hit my two lines.

Immediately I could tell that was the best coke I’d ever even had. All the fatigue I had been fighting was gone and I felt like my batteries were fully charged again. I wrapped my arms around Brandon and said, “Fell OK?”

Brandon said, “The coke is great but, I feel like a jackass. I keep testing you and you just keep passing.”

I said, “Frankly, with your history I expected you would test me harder. You’ve been around some pretty shitty adults. Now you’ve got decent one and you’re not sure how to act.”

“You’ve got a harem to choose from. What makes me so special?”

“Lance and Brian are beautiful, Toby is super talented but you have a rare mix of good looks and smarts Brandon. That’s only going to get stronger as you grow up. You need never fear your place with me.”

“Uncle Dave said you were really cute when you were our age. He said he would hold you in his lap like this for hours.”

“My older brother passed away after a long battle with leukemia and I guess I sort of gave him that job emotionally. David is a really rare, really sweet person.”

Brandon said, “I know. I thought he might be rough but he wasn't.”

I asked, “What do you think of the kids that came to visit tonight?”

Brandon laughed and said, “I know all of them but didn’t know all of them were gay or bi. I know you will love Larry and Tommy. Jeff will be interesting and Kyle will try to sleep with everybody in the house. Jo Jo and Adam are really cute and I want a taste of Kelly. I’m not sure how you got Matthew out of his shell but props on that one. Be very careful with Adam and Aaron. Their parents are religious nuts.”

“I haven’t met Aaron yet but I have heard about their pastor. Adam and Brian say he’s a hateful nutcase. A lot of people have left that church because of him. What was it with Andrew and brothers?”

Brandon shifted in my lap and said, “A lot of the men he was pimping for had fantasies about being with brothers. If you look in the red book, you’ll see several pairs of brothers and Andrew really wanted twins. You remember the twins Tommy and Bobby?”

“Yeah.”

“He wanted them bad and they told him to fuck off. They never liked him.”

“Good for them. Ready to scoot?”

Brandon said, “I want to see the dungeon Kevin told me about. I never figured you for kinky.”

“There’s an old joke that goes kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken.”

Brandon chuckled and said, “So you just use a feather.”

“I’m not really that into it. Some of our friends are. It can be fun and they know they can trust me to tie them up and not really hurt them. Come on. I’ll show you.”

Brandon followed me down the hall to my dungeon. I turned on the faux torchlight and he walked around and inspected it. He came to the shackles on the wall and asked, “What are these for?”

“It’s easier and a lot more fun to just show you.”

Brandon was always up for some fun. Ten minutes later he was panting when I unsnapped the manacles and freed him.

I pulled him into a hug and asked, “What did you think?”

He grinned and said, “Daddy is very sweet but naughty and, I love it! I’m ready to play this game anytime.”

I said, “This was just a taste of what it’s like. I could make it last for hours.”

Brandon gushed, “It’s a little scary but it’s super-hot.”

“That’s how it works. Needless to say, you never want to let someone chain you up that you don’t totally trust.”

Brandon hugged me and said, “You are the only one I’d even consider it with.”

“Come on. Let’s get back upstairs.”

Brandon turned to head back the way we came and I said, “No, I’ll show you a secret route up. It is how you can get down here in case there’s a tornado.”

Brandon asked, “Is this what that big metal thing is in the closet in the back of our room?”

“Yeah. This is how it works.” I led him to a door that opened onto a spiral staircase that went up. It lit up with red lights as soon as the door was opened.

“Whoa, this is cool”, Brandon exclaimed. “A secret passage.”

I followed Brandon up and we passed the foundation and the big metal cap that was meant to seal the tube. Brandon looked at it and accessed what it was for immediately. He said, “This is meant to seal the basement from fallout isn’t it?”

“In the event of World War III, close and dog this hatch.”

Brandon shook his head and climbed further up. It was three stories and it seemed a long way. We finally exited out the closet in Brandon and Barry’s room where Barry and James were still snoozing.

I whispered to Brandon, “I should have guessed that those two would have become pals.”

Brandon chuckled and said, “James is cool. Everybody likes him so far.”

 

I took my Tupperware around to the party room and stashed it away. The only thing I could think of that I had left undone was to warm up the sauna. I ran downstairs and turned it on its lowest setting.

I came back upstairs and sat down with the crowd in the TV room and was glad to see everyone getting along so well. Conan the Barbarian was playing. Everyone had seen it of course. The fun part was watching it with friends and making fun of Ahar-nold’s accent.

At just about twenty minutes after nine, Randy’s pager went off. He scowled at the offending pager’s display, muttered something rude about Saturday nights, hopped up and went to the nearest phone in my office. Randy returned quickly, almost pale and indicated I should come with him.

I got up and followed him into my office. Randy punched the button to turn on the speaker phone and said, “This is a conference call. I’ve got Tim Shepherd here and Chief Dobbs, Sheriff Hollingsworth and Special Agent Brenner of the FBI on the line.”

Chief Dobbs said, “Tim, earlier this evening you called me with some serious concerns about Reverend Jerimiah Nobles. Could you repeat the jist of that conversation for the other officers on the line?”

I said, “Well, my kids are friends with some of the kids that go to his church. Some of the things they said about him rang alarm bells in my mind. I called Red Diamond Security, that’s the company that handles security matters for me, to do a background check on the guy. They got nothing on him and they found out he was using a bogus social security number. They dug a little deeper and they found that his description matches a particularly nasty grifter that shows up when a church is in need of a pastor. If he gets the job he preaches fire and brimstone, hardcore bible believing stuff that runs off all but the most faithful and then sets them to a big project. When enough money has accumulated, he vanishes and so does the money. He said this guy’s got John Doe warrants and the Feds want him for Interstate Flight.”

Sheriff Hollingsworth growled, “Jesus wept. You weren’t the only one that smelled a rat. One of my deputies is a deacon at that church and he has been talking to me about missing money and rumors about affairs with under aged girls. Harry had papers drawn up. They have a deacons meeting every Saturday night. They were going to confront him with what they had, fire him and arrest him.”

Dodd said, “About thirty minutes ago we had reports of gunfire from the parsonage. I sent a car out and we’ve got six dead and another eight injured. Whoever this mutt is killed Deputy Harry Kirk, several of his fellow deacons and took off.”

Hollingsworth said, “We’re mobilizing a huge man hunt for this guy— the highway patrol, surrounding counties, roadblocks at key points, the whole nine yards. Nobles is in a Blue four door 85 Buick plate number Tango Sierra Bravo 756.”

Agent Brenner spoke up and said, “All my guys are available to you Sheriff. Anything you need, just ask.”

I asked, “Do we know who the dead are?”

Sheriff Hollingsworth said, “In addition to my officer, Isiah Jones, Simon Jones, Aaron Pate, Kelly Kirby and George Denardo. We’re pretty sure some of the injured aren’t going to make it.”

I said, “I think one of Aaron Pate’s kids is in the other room watching movies with my kids.”

Dodd asked, “Do we know where the other Pate kid is?”

I said, “His brother said he was home grounded.”

Randy asked, “What do you need me to do Chief?”

Dodd said, “Me and the Sheriff will be in route to the scene as soon as we get off the phone. Randy, you and Tim collect the other Pate kid. Their mother is on the way to the hospital and she’s in bad shape. Get them over to the hospital.”

div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo">
 
Copyright © 2019 jamessavik; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Sad 6
  • Angry 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I personally think anyone who teaches hate in the name of a god is a gifter, and this one is one of the most evil of them.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..