Jump to content

Dustin's World 7. W.A.R.

   (2 reviews)
Genres: General Fiction
Sub-genres: Drama

One last journey to the outskirts of nowhere.

 

Dustin Smith isn't looking for love.  He feels trapped in the black hole that is life in the Valley.  Will he find light in the darkness, or will the darkness consume him?

This story is not so much "part 7" of WAR as it is a sequel to WAR.  You don't need to have read the previous works in the WAR series to enjoy this story, but it will help.
 
This story contains adult language and situations, and is for mature audiences only.
Copyright © 2018 jkwsquirrel; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (3 members)

  • Action Packed 3
  • Addictive/Pacing 3
  • Characters 3
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 2
  • Compelling 0
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 1
  • Tearjerker 3
  • Unique 2
  • World Building 2

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Jdonley75

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Full disclosure: I have not read the previous sections of this series.

 

That aside, this story is able to stand alone on its own merits.  The author did a wonderful job expressing all of the individual characters' motivations and kept just enough back to keep you invested in wanting to read the next chapter.  While maintaining continuity with his previous works, his ability to insert the past into the present made it easy to identify and learn about the shared past of all the characters.

 

It is a wonderful and remarkable story on how, even in the darkest hour, there is always hope that there will be a better day coming.  And in that, the author kept Dustin's plight realistic as to how far he has to fall before he finds the faith in himself and in his friends to rise up.

 

A wonderful tale and while the author may be done with this series, I hope he has other stories in mind for the future.

  • Love 2
Link to review
Former Member

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

A grand conclusion to an epic tale.

 

All the threads we were following in the earlier books in the W.A.R. series have been woven together in the the final book that we needed to read. We get to catch up on many characters from throughout the series with a few surprises and even more sad but predictable outcomes. Like the best stories, unfortunately, this story leaves you wanting more – and the author has been pretty emphatic that this is his final story here on GA.

  • Love 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..