Jump to content

Retaliation 5. W.A.R.

   (1 review)
Genres: General Fiction
Sub-genres: Drama

Just as Billy Roberts is beginning to think he might be able to begin revealing his true self to those closest to him, he is finding out that those closest to him have secrets of their own. His parents are growing further apart as his father's health is failing and his mother is falling under the spell of a charismatic homophobe.  His boyfriend is hiding something that could destroy someone's life.  His best friend is being driven over the edge by his abusive family. And through it all, Billy is being bullied by someone he once considered a friend.  Welcome to W.A.R..

While it would be helpful to read the first four parts of W.A.R. to fully enjoy this portion of the story, this book can be enjoyed on its own.
 
This story contains scenes and descriptions of violence, both physical and sexual in nature, which may be disturbing for some readers.  If you are sensitive to these topics, please use your discretion as to whether you wish to read the story.  Be aware that there are very intense scenes in this story and it is not for all readers.
Copyright © 2017 jkwsquirrel; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (3 members)

  • Action Packed 3
  • Addictive/Pacing 3
  • Characters 3
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 1
  • Compelling 0
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 1
  • Tearjerker 3
  • Unique 2
  • World Building 1

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

William King

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

In the fifth book of this series the author treats us to the continuing saga of Billy, Brett, and Dustin. We follow their sometimes violent, sometimes catastrophic, confrontations, reconciliations, and chaotic journey towards adulthood. It is nothing but real and totally believable.

The story is crafted with such care and skill that the twists, turns, and revelations will nearly always catch you out and take you by surprise. The characterisation is superb and extends beyond the three principle roles, to include well drawn secondary personalities in Billy's mum and dad, Bretts mother, and Joey McKenzie. Even the cameo appearances of Justin's family, Joey's father Jack and Pastor Carl show real people. Maybe that is why these books have such an avid fan base and following.

It was a thoroughly enjoyable read and I, like a number of other people, look forward to the sixth and final book. I should add, with a mixture of eagerness to see how it all works out, and sadness that it will finally come to an end. What better recommendation is there for reading these books?
 

  • Like 3
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..