Jump to content

When Opportunity Knocks

   (11 reviews)

Jett Anderson and Kyle Benton are starting to build a relationship. Life decides to throw in some speed bumps and hazards to make navigating the road not so easy. 

Add in some unexpected family dynamics and soon enough things get challenging. 

Can they work it out?

Copyright © 2021 kbois; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (34 members)

  • Action Packed 29
  • Addictive/Pacing 28
  • Characters 34
  • Chills 9
  • Cliffhanger 26
  • Compelling 9
  • Feel-Good 7
  • Humor 7
  • Smoldering 18
  • Tearjerker 18
  • Unique 24
  • World Building 13

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Cane23

· Edited by Cane23

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Amazing love and friendship story, fulfilled with mystery, crime, unexpected twists, dark family history, witty humor and some wonderful dogs! 🙂

Jett, police officer in K-9 unite, specialized in chasing down a suspect with the help of his dog Bruce, meets Kyle, veterinarian and emotions sparkle. But dark events from the past threaten, not only their happiness but their lives as well. What is the role of Jett’s neighbor Kim, are the biological parents the real one or the real one parents are those who raised and supported us, can the traumas and bruises from youth be overcome, can the ghosts from the past be defeated and does love always wins…those are some of the questions you will get answers reading this story.

@kbois is fantastic author. She keeps you occupied and focused on the story so much that you cannot stop reading till the end.

Response from the author:

Thanks Cane! It's been a while since I've visited these two guys. It's always nice getting such great feedback. 

Bruce-- he's as badass as they come. He's the hero of the story. 

  • Love 3
Link to review
raven1

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Recipe for a great story:

One snarky, irreverent author, one unbeatable beta, one wickedly wonderful editor.  Add a two hunky professionals, one iron lady, one pack for playful and heroic canines, two loving families, a skeleton in the closet, a prankster, a nerd and to balance the sweetness a whole lot of socio/psychotic evil.  Mix until you have the texture of a Gordian Knot.  The result is When Opportunity Knocks a story that is a wicked and wickedly funny romantic mystery filled with adventure and danger.  kbois and her fellow miscreants make an unbeatable writing team.  This is a wonderfully written, balanced and compelling story that will bring you great fun and intrigue.  To misquote Michael Jackson, 'Read It, Just Read It'. 

PS. Even the comments are great. If you don't believe me, just check out the nine other 5 star reviews. 

 

Response from the author:

Thanks raven!  I'm glad you liked the story. It was difficult to write at times, but we'll worth it!

  • Love 3
Link to review
Ullyssess

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

A beautiful story. It begins quietly, while you get to know the main characters. But soon the story gets more depth, more meat on the bone. The plot twists turn the story into a rollercoaster of emotions and suspense. 
In addition, the writing is very lively, you can identify with each of the characters and it does not get boring, on the contrary.

Response from the author:

Thank you so much! I'm really glad you enjoyed the story. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to review
84Mags

· Edited by 84Mags

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

The story starts out deceptively simple and with a calm sense of watching two people fall in love. Just like the first part of a roller coaster ride where you are staying upright and enjoying the view. It’s not hard to fall for Jett, Kyle and their adorable doggies. But watch out as the ride ratchets up and the twists and turns start! The plot is as unique as it is genius. You won’t be disappointed!  
 

Response from the author:

It does start out pretty tame doesn't it? 

Thanks for your review. It's pretty spot on!

  • Like 1
  • Love 5
Link to review
Onim

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

This is definitely worth a double read, great plot twists and turns, just the right amount of humor, some tragic moments (eliciting anger and tears), a fair amount of steamy Kyle/Jett sex (beautifully done), cute scene-stealing scenes by the pups, and an ending that was like leaning over a cliff with no railing!!! A must read...TWICE!

Response from the author:

Thank you Onim!

I think the dogs stole the show, more often than not!

I really appreciate the great review.

  • Love 7
Link to review
Mrsgnomie

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

One of Kbois best stories to date and that’s saying a lot, I really love her stories. But this one has everything, love, hot guys, cute dogs, drama, suspense, good pacing, and great detail. 

Response from the author:

And a great editor! friends GIF

  • Love 7
Link to review
Modified Cub

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

A truly enjoyable story from start to finish! There are memorable characters and a unique plot to keep you on the edge of your seat throughout. I would enthusiastically encourage you to dive in to this heartwarming tale!

Response from the author:

Thank Cub! I really appreciate you reading and commenting!

  • Like 1
  • Love 6
Link to review
chris191070

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

A truly wonderful story from @kbois.

We have the central characters of Jett and Kyle who are trying to build a relationship.

But nothing is very that simple in a @kbois story. This thriller has more twists and turns than you could imagine, there are some emotional scenes, mysteries and funny moments within the story. 

Truly recommend as a great read.

Response from the author:

Thanks Chris!

It was fun to write (most of the time) and let me stretch a bit as a writer. 

  • Love 7
Link to review
Danilo Syrtis

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

if you like thrillers, you will like this story : there are emotional roller coasters, mysteries about one of the main characters' background and a race against time to save some of them !

@kboisgive us one of her best writing for this gay story and i'm sure you won't stop reading before reaching the last chapter !

Response from the author:

Thanks for being my beta and for having fun with the ER names!😘

(Did you find them all yet? 🤭)

  • Like 1
  • Love 8
Link to review
Mawgrim

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

A memorable story with more twists and turns than a rollercoaster. Romance, family drama, cute dogs, loathsome villains; it has everything to keep you thinking, 'just one more chapter tonight.' 

Response from the author:

I do love a good roller coaster ride! 

Thanks for reading and commenting!

  • Like 1
  • Love 7
Link to review
mrbossmant

   7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

10/10 would read again.


This story has it all, a great cast of characters, an interesting story line and plot with lots of twists and turns along the way and some cute and fluffy k9 friends what more could someone ask for.

Well worth a read.

Response from the author:

Thanks for taking the time to read and for a great review!

  • Like 2
  • Love 6
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..