Jump to content
    Krista
  • Author
  • 838 Words
  • 7,918 Views
  • 40 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Standing In Shadows - 38. Epilogue

SIS Epilogue

Our fun was short lived. After Mom went to work Dad ran into Amber’s Mom at the bank. Being a progressive parent, she let it slip that Amber was up at a cabin staying with some friends. Dad easily linked her to Jenny and Katy. So when Dad’s voice growled on the other side of the door my eyes shot open and I heard Clinton groan when I pulled away from him to sit up in bed. I knew the sound of his pounding fist all too well by now.

“Clinton,” I whispered, shaking him. “Hide!”

“Don’t bother Corey I know he’s in there with you,” Dad said and I heard the doorknob turn, but the door stayed shut. He was hesitating, scared to see what was on the other side of the door.

“I’m sorry,” I said blushing, “we’re mostly decent.”

“Says you,” Clinton said and I looked down and saw his morning wood straining against his boxer briefs.

“Get your asses covered,” Dad barked and knowing we only had a few moments until he barged in anyway I stood and looked around for my shorts. Then I swore remembering they were still down in the dining room where we played strip poker. Thinking about Dad quietly inspecting the cabin and finding the vodka bottles and our clothes scattered around made me grimace as I unzipped my bag. I nearly squeaked when I saw the condoms and shoved the box deeper inside before grabbing a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. When I looked up and saw Clinton lay back down I shook my head.

“What the fuck are you doing?” I whispered glancing over my shoulder to the door.

“I’m dead anyway might as well do it happily,” he answered and I laughed. Hearing me laugh Dad threw the door open and stormed inside.

“Clinton, get you some clothes on,” Dad ordered, turning to me.

“Dad,” I said, “I’m sorry.”

“The hell you’re sorry,” Dad hissed, “couldn’t break just one of our rules you had to check them off one by one.”

“Did you expect anything different out of Andy?” I asked hoping Andy would forgive me for throwing him under the bus.

“Andy!” Dad bellowed, “you should see this place.”

“It can’t be that bad, we all went to bed after…” I started then coughed reaching up and scratching the back of my head. “After a game.”

“Of strip poker,” Dad hissed. “Imagine my surprise when I step through the front door, a door you dumbasses left completely unlocked to find Andy bare assed on the couch.”

“I remember putting his shorts back on him,” I countered shying away from the look on his face.

“Well obviously they didn’t stay that way,” he said every word sounding like it came from the depths of his throat.

“Riley Corey Wells get your butt down here now!” Mom yelled from the bottom of the stairs and I gulped looking at Dad.

“Yes sir, I went by and got her too,” Dad said, crossing his arms. “I knew she’d want to see this.”

“Damn,” I hissed and Clinton did get out of bed and shyly dressed while Dad turned and looked out into the hallway.

When we both were dressed he led us out of the bedroom. As we started down the stairs I saw Mom standing at the bottom, the name tag still on her shirt. Her arms were crossed and when she saw me I offered her a small smile and when her lips turned white I looked away, knowing she was about to explode. It was rare for her to do so, but hopefully she would save it for the car ride home. Looking away though, I saw Amber and everyone lined up around the back of the couch all staring up at me. Andy was wearing my shorts from last night and looked like he wanted to disappear. Keith was standing beside him trying to keep from laughing. Amber and Bryan looked completely trashed and hung over. Katy looked scared to death and Cameron was holding her, not taking his eyes off Dad. Jenny inched towards me, but then looked at Mom and stopped, her face flushed. The living room and kitchen was completely messed up and I glanced behind me to Clinton who was also taking in the state of the cabin.

“I got my second wind,” Andy said elbowing Keith when he snickered, “so Amber, Keith, Jenny, and Bryan stayed up all night with me.”

“Not another word, until everything is cleaned up and spotless,” Mom ordered and despite the embarrassment of having my parents barging in on me I bit back a smile. I couldn’t help thinking that after we all got out of trouble, probably when school started back. We could look back on this night and laugh. Though when I would look back and remember, what I will hold on to is how I told a guy I loved him and he said it too.

Copyright © 2014 Krista; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 37
  • Love 6
  • Haha 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



On 06/05/2016 06:42 PM, FlowersBite said:

Great story!

Hi!

 

Thanks for reading. I'm so glad you enjoyed this story. It was a project that took me a long time to write, so you definitely caught it when it was complete. (I feel sorry for those that had to endure 4 years of my delays to read the entire piece).

 

This story is about friendship.. those side characters, I think are the reason I enjoyed the story as the author of it. Andy, Keith, Jenny.. we would all do well with friends like those.

 

Cory is also a sweetheart, his characters was a nice study. I'm sorry I just now noticed the reviews!

 

I'm sorry about the ticks in chapter 5.. lol. A lot of people felt itchy as they read that scene.

 

The father 'is' a favorite character of mine. I like that he was so negative, pushy, borderline abusive. It made the story and Cory's growth all the more fulfilling. :D Or at least I hoped so.

 

Thanks for taking the time to read the story. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. :D

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 6/5/2016 at 4:42 AM, FlowersBite said:

Great story!

 

I'm so glad you enjoyed it! :D

  • Like 1
Link to comment

another great story!! It was hard to stop reading when I had to go to work or go to bed.

it would be nice to knowhow things turned out for everyone down the road a yr and more 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I'm greatfull that you shared this story. A wobderous read! Feel like I'm floating in clouds at the culmination :wub:

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Congratulations, very :great: story. I'm already following the Best Year and I read the force of natureza, and now on my vacations I decided to read all your stories. I really liked Corey, he was a sweetheart. I almost wished for a more hea ending, but thats because I am a hopeless romantic, I guess the idea of ending the story in the "begining" off their relationship is kind of cool, leaves all the possibilities open. Good work (now let's check another of your stories😀)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 6/5/2017 at 9:40 AM, MX380MAGNUM said:

another great story!! It was hard to stop reading when I had to go to work or go to bed.

it would be nice to knowhow things turned out for everyone down the road a yr and more 

 

Thanks for enjoying the story! :D I think the worst for them is over... they handled the worst from Cj - outing them to everyone. All the friends knew, and Dad stepped up to the plate and defended Corey. So I think there would only be minor bumps in the road for them as they went along and got into college and such. :D 

 

On 6/22/2017 at 5:06 PM, bundu_st said:

I'm greatfull that you shared this story. A wobderous read! Feel like I'm floating in clouds at the culmination :wub:

 

Aww thank you for reading! I'm glad you enjoyed the story. It is still one of my favorites as the writer. :)

 

8 hours ago, sweetlion86 said:

Congratulations, very :great: story. I'm already following the Best Year and I read the force of natureza, and now on my vacations I decided to read all your stories. I really liked Corey, he was a sweetheart. I almost wished for a more hea ending, but thats because I am a hopeless romantic, I guess the idea of ending the story in the "begining" off their relationship is kind of cool, leaves all the possibilities open. Good work (now let's check another of your stories😀)

 

Oh goodness. Be kind if you read Something Unexpected and Good Guys Finish Last.. lol.. they were my first stories, I wrote them whilst still in high school and they're rough.. rough.. rough.. I wanted to keep them available for reading just because they were the two stories that got me started. I hope I've grown considerably since those two stories came about, but I'm not completely ashamed of them either. lol. I'm glad you like my writing and enjoy reading my stories. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
10 minutes ago, Krista said:

Oh goodness. Be kind if you read Something Unexpected and Good Guys Finish Last.. lol.. they were my first stories, I wrote them whilst still in high school and they're rough.. rough.. rough.. I wanted to keep them available for reading just because they were the two stories that got me started. I hope I've grown considerably since those two stories came about, but I'm not completely ashamed of them either. lol. I'm glad you like my writing and enjoy reading my stories. 

Don't worry I will be kind😀

But you can always edital them again if you are not happy with the final work😜😜

Just so you know, I am in the Christian story now, and really liking it so far😊 that should keep me for some days, but I am still one of those damn readers that will come with a torch and pitchfork if you take too much time until the next Best Year chapter😂😂😂 

Edited by sweetlion86
  • Like 1
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, sweetlion86 said:

Don't worry I will be kind😀

But you can always edital them again if you are not happy with the final work😜😜

Just so you know, I am in the Christian story now, and really liking it so far😊 that should keep me for some days, but I am still one of those damn readers that will come with a torch and pitchfork if you take too much time until the next Best Year chapter😂😂😂 

 

Ah, I like Christian. :D I wrote it around the same time as Corey's story. (I had a thing for C names back then, I think... mercy) so it isn't too bad.

 

As far as SU and GGFL they would need more than a heavy editing, they could do with a complete re-write.. lol.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 6/5/2016 at 4:42 AM, FlowersBite said:

Great story!

 

Thank you for reading. I'm glad you enjoyed the story. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I read this story from beginning to end . And I loved it. I think its my new favorite.  I think there should be a sequel. But that's just my opinion. Krista I've read a couple of your stories and they've all been good. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 7/1/2017 at 1:28 AM, Crazyd1965 said:

I read this story from beginning to end . And I loved it. I think its my new favorite.  I think there should be a sequel. But that's just my opinion. Krista I've read a couple of your stories and they've all been good. 

 

Aww, I'm glad you enjoyed this story and my writing. (Not to show too much favoritism, but Standing in Shadows is my favorite story that I have written as well). I'll always have a soft spot for Corey and Jenny, those characters really pushed the writing of the story for me. The Father character as well, for different reasons. This story actually began as a Hetero story a long long time ago, back in High School, when creative writing was something I was really into, but didn't know how to do it. Starting from scratch and making it a different story at the right time, I feel made the idea/backbone of the story better.

 

Mind you, as a hetero story where the main character was a girl, it would have been a lot different... maybe I will write it one day just to see how different it would be. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Corey has come such a long way on his journey of self acceptance and love. You wrote him so beautifully and authentically ❤️

  • Love 2
Link to comment
On 11/7/2020 at 8:13 AM, crystalline said:

Corey has come such a long way on his journey of self acceptance and love. You wrote him so beautifully and authentically ❤️

 

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed this story. :D 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Wonderful story.   I think I would have liked a less stressful  ending,   without one more go-around with Amber and Dad screwing up the boys finding peace for one happy weekend.   But that's life, and you don't always get what you want 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..