Jump to content

Be The Father Of This Child!

   (9 reviews)
Genres: Comedy, Romance

Jett Huntsman has his business straight, which is to scare schmucks into paying back what’s due. And yeah, he’s making shit tons of money while at it. Mostly because he’s good at it. Not that he brags.

What he’s not good at, though, is how to deal with seeing a crying baby left in front of his house with the self-explanatory message: “Assume responsibility, asshole!”

Jett has no time to think things through. He has schmucks to shake for money. So his kid, if that’s his kid, will have to come with him.

(Full summary inside.)

(Disclaimer: No babies were made to cry during the writing of this story. Also, this is not intended as a parenting guide. Seriously.)
Copyright © 2019 Laura S. Fox; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (27 members)

  • Action Packed 14
  • Addictive/Pacing 24
  • Characters 27
  • Chills 3
  • Cliffhanger 15
  • Compelling 6
  • Feel-Good 9
  • Humor 8
  • Smoldering 9
  • Tearjerker 8
  • Unique 15
  • World Building 7

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

gothishin

  

I'm thankful for get to know this story and these characters. It was a beuatiful journey

Response from the author:

Thank you! I'm glad that you're going through my stories, one at a time :)

  • Love 1
Link to review
J.El

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Fantastic story addressing rejection and trauma experienced early in teen development, which can affect behavioral developments of the adult. Theo/April/Wednesday feeling rejection from his father immediately after his mother’s death and from Jett after their summer encounter. Jett feeling rejection from his mother’s death, his father’s absence, and Theo’s “disappearance”. 

April using multiple identities and Jett’s anger management issues stemming from trauma and traveling their path due to the consequences of their trauma was a great ride. Although childhood trauma experienced by gay men and women is an unfortunate common occurrence, the method in which the story navigates the journey was realistic.

Sometimes, it takes an event like the disappearance of a true love or the unexpected birth of a child to force someone to address their trauma and come to terms with their true desires. Jett knew deep down that April was Theo, but he could not bring himself to deal with that reality despite struggling with Carina’s insight into whether he was simply using April as a doppelgänger of Theo. Childhood trauma can be a powerful resistance force even if reality is right in front of your face, literally.

Response from the author:

Thank you so much for your review! It's so interesting and also rewarding to see what readers take from the stories I put together, and I'm also deeply touched by the profound understanding shown, like in your words here. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to review
pickuptoy

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

I did enjoy the story. I liked when April was raising Jay. And miss Jay in the last 3 or 4 chapters of the story. Would have liked to have known what happened to Carina after 5 years. Is she still living with April and Jett, or has she met someone and living with him or her? If so is she close by or how are they sharing Jay's living arrangement. But all in all pretty good story.

Response from the author:

Thank you for posting a review on my story! Carina got married and she's raising Jay, but Jett and April are part of his life, and they live very close! (like neighbors).

  • Like 2
Link to review
Michael Petroski

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Really enjoyed spending time with the guys!  Hope at some future time,  there might be  a sequel to enjoy as well.  Thank you for a great story!

Response from the author:

Thank you for your kind review!

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to review
Jjeffalch

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

A wonderful, lighthearted tale, with engrossing characters who grow on you so quickly that you get wrapped in their doings and emotions before you realize it. I looked forward to every new chapter, and now I'll be at a loss. Really well done!

Response from the author:

Thank you for taking the time to rate and review! I really appreciate it!

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to review
Proverbo

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

A riveting tale of growing up - eventually - and finding your truth, even if it does mean having to take the extra scenic route. As always, a reliably entertaining read. Highly recommended.

Response from the author:

Thanks a lot for your review! I'm glad you didn't mind the extra scenic route!

  • Love 4
Link to review
dachcr

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Excellent story - the development of the characters are outstanding,

Response from the author:

Sometimes I do live through my characters, so that's great praise and I thank you for it!

  • Love 4
Link to review
Txfilm41

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Great story and I enjoyed every chapter.  Thanks for sharing your most creative talents.

Response from the author:

And I want to thank you for leaving a review to my story!

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to review
pvtguy

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

A story of two people who have lived very different lives - brought together by a shady situation - surprised by a baby on the doorstep - who actually knew each other seven ears prior - but fall in love under the craziest of circumstances!  A good read!

Response from the author:

Ha-ha-ha, that was an awesome summary of the entire story! Thank you for leaving this review!

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..