Jump to content

Good Guys Don't Date Bad Boys

   (13 reviews)
Genres: Comedy, Romance
GGDDBB cover 1.jpg

Jonathan Hamilton transfers to Sunny Hill starting junior year to run away from his past and keep promises on which to build an uneventful, safe future. The biggest promise he makes to himself is to stay clear forever, by all means necessary, of straight bad boys and their unhealthy appeal.

But promises are only made to be broken, Jonathan discovers the truth of the old adage, as junior year barely starts, and he has a run-in with the ridiculously attractive Maddox Kingsley, the resident BMOC, and carrier of the frightful nickname of ‘Mad Dawg’. (Full description inside.)

Copyright © 2021 Laura S. Fox; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (45 members)

  • Action Packed 19
  • Addictive/Pacing 38
  • Characters 44
  • Chills 9
  • Cliffhanger 22
  • Compelling 21
  • Feel-Good 29
  • Humor 32
  • Smoldering 24
  • Tearjerker 10
  • Unique 16
  • World Building 15

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Alan2

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

I came across this story by Laura for quite some time and I'd be honest to say that the title was not quite enticing. I would say I am more into fantasy and I compare most stories to A Good Servant which is one of my best stories ever.

But wow, from people I would have strangled to those that would not stop make me giggle, this was quite a journey.

I definitely recommend it if you are into sexy bad boys.

Response from the author:

Wow, someone remembers A Good Servant... gosh, it feels like such a long time ago. Thank you for giving my romantic comedy a chance. I seem to have trouble sticking to one sub-genre, as I like all sorts of books.

Link to review
Cane23

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

@Laura S. Fox mixed best elements from some of the world-famous classics – “Pride and prejudice” by Jane Austen and comedy of errors by Shakespeare, incorporating them in romantic, gay, coming of age drama. The result is this amazing, entertaining, funny story. Who are the bad boys and who the good ones really are? @Laura S. Fox is building her characters so patiently and systematically that, chapter by chapter you discover something new about them and some of them even becoming the protagonists in new story eventually. As all stories by @Laura S. Fox this is crazy, enjoyable ride from the beginning till the end.

Response from the author:

That was such a nice review... I hope to keep you all entertained!

  • Love 2
Link to review
gothishin

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

No doubt a must read for the ones looking for a good story with a main couple with a lot of chemistry

Response from the author:

Thank you so much for your review! And you posted it on July 7... I have no idea how I missed it and didn't respond to it. So sorry about that!

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to review
Mancunian

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

There is nothing that I, or anyone, can add to the amazing reviews of this amazingly intense, funny, sad, upbeat, downbeat, intriguing and brilliantly written story and yes all of those words are a fitting description. Except that is to say, read it, enjoy it wish there was more of it. This is definitely a recommended read.

Response from the author:

Thank you very much for your lovely review! I'm so happy that you enjoyed it!

  • Like 1
  • Love 5
Link to review
Jeff Burton

· Edited by Jeff Burton

   7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

Where the hell do I begin, seriously?  This story pushes all the right buttons in all the right order, the characters the plot, it's all simply amazing. And it has a follow up story of sorts that's in progress what could be better?  Laura, seriously if I could channel a few fractions of your talent into my own writing it still wouldn't be as good as yours.

Response from the author:

Thank you so much for your review, Jeff! I feel honored by your praise!

  • Like 3
  • Love 7
Link to review
Daddydavek

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

Clue:   The butler didn't do it.

Jonathan:  Smart, good looking, rich, gay, and worried what other people think.

Maddox:   Smart, good looking, built, straight--in the past.

Rusty:  Smart, good looking, built, weird, sex crazy hetero, musically talented.

Ray:  Straight, loyal, and reliable.

The rest of the cast is also interesting.  Laura has written a college romance with a bit of suspense and edginess.  I recommend it!

 

Response from the author:

You got me at 'the butler didn't do it'. But yes, I guess it was some kind of whodunnit, too. Thank you for the fun review!

  • Love 6
  • Haha 2
Link to review
raven1

   7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

To say the least, I love this story filled with bad boys, fake boys, good guys and one hilariously kinky cute guy.  Throw in a scandal rag, a laid back college, some evil villains, family problems and some very hot scenes all well written.  The story is a fun filled comedy of errors that will keep you laughing.  Don't skip reading the comments, because they add even more laughs.  It has a happy ending which Laura promised and delivered.  The sequel is already in the works for one of the most endearing and fun character in the story.  Don't wait to read this story that will brighten your life as you read it.  

Response from the author:

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate and review my story! And yes, you're completely right! The comment section is really awesome, with so many witty people pitching in!

  • Love 7
Link to review
J.El

   7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

The characters were well written. The plot provided insight into the perspective of young college age students as they captained the challenges of life.

Excellent and realistic rollercoaster story.

Response from the author:

Thank you for posting a review! Rollercoaster is a good way of putting in, and I'm glad you were here for the ride!

  • Like 2
  • Love 5
Link to review
Doha

   9 of 9 members found this review helpful 9 / 9 members

Good Guys Don't Date Bad Boys, is a college-based romance that will have you rolling with laughter, biting your finger nails as you watch things fall apart, but ultimately give the satisfaction of seeing things come together as they ought to. 

As we are drawn into the lives and minds of the characters, we feel as though we are part of the unfolding drama and we live every part of it alongside Maddox, Jonathan and their crazy, loveable friends.  

The story flows beautifully, the author's skillfull writing ensuring that we are engaged in every 1 of the 47 chapters. 

A wonderful read. Enjoy it. 😉 

Response from the author:

Thank you so much! It was such a nice fun trip with all of you by my side!

  • Like 1
  • Love 6
Link to review
ejcajun

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

Awesome story ! Can’t wait to see the next.  

Response from the author:

Thank you for reviewing my story!

  • Like 3
  • Love 6
Link to review
Joie J.

· Edited by Joie J.

   8 of 8 members found this review helpful 8 / 8 members

This is a perfect story for the binge readers of youthful comedy dramas.

GGDDBB is a love story evolving between two campus boys that also gives you a pleasurable glimpse of campus life, lets you taste the flavors of epic friendships, some gossip drama, some family drama and mature humor 'causing you fits of laughter in almost every other stanzas. You name it and you'll get it all here.

Happy Reading. 

Response from the author:

Thank you, JJ :) I'm happy you found your way to GA! And I've read each of your comments with gusto, and laughed my a** off at every gif!

  • Like 2
  • Love 8
Link to review
dachcr

   9 of 9 members found this review helpful 9 / 9 members

Excellent story - love the characters and the honesty around them.

Response from the author:

Thanks a lot for posting a review! Much appreciated!

  • Like 4
  • Love 4
Link to review
Gary L

   9 of 9 members found this review helpful 9 / 9 members

From beginning to end this is a really great book.  Hugely funny, sexy and sassy.  Not all is sweetness and light, dark themes enter and the dangers of internet gossip and worse appear.  
 

And then there are the characters, a great ensemble, really well-depicted by the author.  
 

If you haven’t read it yet: START NOW!

Response from the author:

Thank you so much, Gary! For the review and all your comments on the chapters, of course!

  • Like 2
  • Love 7
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..