Jump to content
    lilansui
    • Author
  • 4,853 Words
  • 558 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Blades of Ashes - 4. Chapter 4

4

“Sir,” Azula said, facing the magistrate of the Naga Port Town. “I’m here to report a series of thefts.”

“Yes, you’ve already said that,” the magistrate said, his attention on the bowl of grapes on the desk before him. He sorted them out, one by one, removing skins and piling them on a small saucer.

Azula frowned at the habit.

Who peeled grapes?

The magistrate’s office was a hall with six other desks arranged around the room. Six officers sat at their desks, each one busy. Not with matters of the magistrate’s office. Oh no, that would be too much to ask of this lot.

One read a book, laughing as he ate peanuts from a bowl on his desk. Another was busy assembling a miniature boat on his desk. Azula would have admired his concentration in a different setting. Three were sleeping. The last one watched him while he chewed on a stick.

Azula returned his gaze to the rotund man sitting behind the official magistrate’s desk. The magistrate’s face was round and soft, like a fresh bun from the oven. His hair was receding leaving him with an impressive bald spot at the top of his head. His dark brown hair was still held in a ponytail.

The magistrate’s uniform was a rich purple tunic and a matching jacket decorated with gray embroidery on the sleeves and the collars. A medal of his office was pinned to the lapel of the embroidered jacket.

Azula could not see more of the magistrate because he sat behind his mammoth desk. He looked overly fascinated with the grapes he was peeling.

“Sir,” Azula said.

“Consider the problem reported,” the Magistrate said, picking up the saucer filled with peeled grapes.

Azula winced when he started eating them in a handful. Grape juice trailed down between the magistrate’s fingers and he wondered how this man kept his office.

The magistrate smiled wide at Azula.

“We’ll do our best to catch the thief.”

“Don’t you want to know what is stolen?’ Azula asked, a frown creasing his forehead.

Azula looked back at the open doors of the magistrate’s office. Four soldiers guarded the entrance. They each held a spear and wore a sword, ready to defend their magistrate’s office at any sign of trouble.

“What is stolen?” the Magistrate asked, though he was not interested. He ate another handful of grapes and looked at Azula with a bored expression.

Azula cursed Draeya General under his breath for the hundredth time. Thirty minutes ago, when he and Sennin finished eating, they got up to leave the table. Azula wanted to return to the ship to start preparations for unloading the carriage. However, the moment they stepped outside, Draeya General’s lieutenant arrested Sennin and asked their legion brothers to hold him.

Shocked, Azula turned to Draeya General.

If you want your friend released you will go to the magistrate’s office with me. Report the theft of your ore.

Draeya General did not give him an option. He kept walking with eight of his legion officers following him. Haedor, the brute, gripped Azula’s left arm and dragged him away from the inn. Poor Sennin was held by the rest of Draeya General’s legion.

When they got to the magistrate’s office, Draeya General pushed him to enter alone.

Azula cursed under his breath. If Draeya General was going to help him, why insist on him reporting to the magistrate? Everyone knew the magistrate did not care to investigate cases that did not benefit him.

Azula took in a deep breath and prayed for patience.

“Our Sura Clan’s cargo carriages have been hijacked six times on the road to the Capital City. The thieves have murdered twelve drivers and taken our ore. We seek the government’s help,” Azula said, looking at the Magistrate.

“That is a sadness,” the Magistrate said with a nod, staring at Azula.

His expression had not changed. It felt like Azula was reporting that the sun had risen this morning and was now overhead. Azula fought a scowl.

“And what do you think our magistrate’s office can do to help?”

“Start looking for the thieves?” Azula suggested.

“Hm,” the Magistrate said with a nod. “Yes, that is a very good idea. But…”

Azula frowned when the Magistrate trailed off and glanced at the man chewing on a stick.

“But what, Hulan?” the Magistrate asked.

“If the thieves are so vicious as to murder twelve drivers, how can our office of four officers help?”

“Yes, exactly,” the Magistrate said, smiling at Azula. “It sounds perilous.”

Azula started counting back from a hundred. His temper would not help him here. There was Sennin to save and he had cargo to offload at the docks, and a journey to Genad City to complete. He could not be arrested here.

“Will you record the crime?” Azula asked.

“Oh,” the Magistrate said, with a nod. “Yes. I guess we should note it down somewhere. Don’t worry. We’ll get it down as soon as Siva wakes up. He had a difficult night last night. His wife gave birth to twins and they do not get enough rest in their house anymore. It’s all the crying. I say, babies and wives should live in one residence, while the husband lives in a nice quiet room. But that’s me. What do you think?”

Azula cursed under his breath, forgetting to count down his temper.

Clenching his fists, he started to take a step forward, determined to shove the remaining unpeeled grapes into the magistrate’s mouth. The imbecile deserved it, what a horrendous idiot.

A commotion started before he could reach the magistrate’s desk, and he turned to find Draeya General entering the office with his lieutenant and legion officers. They were fully armed and looked like warmongers.

Two of the legion officers used their sword handles to hit the desks of the magistrate’s officers, startling them to attention. The sleepy officers fell out of their chairs and stood when they saw legion officers with panic in their eyes.

Hulan, who had answered the magistrate earlier, stood at attention staring at the ground hoping to go unnoticed.

Azula frowned.

Hulan was suspicious. His stance looked confident even as he lowered his head in the presence of Draeya General. His eyes watched Draeya General with intent. A slight smile curved his lips. Azula’s frown deepened, but he had no time to dwell on why.

The magistrate dropped the plate he held on the floor making a mess of his peeled grapes as he stood up with a gasp. His eyes looked like white balls as they took in Draeya General’s eventful entry.

Azula frowned at Draeya General who came to stand next to him with casual grace.

The general wore his formal coat. The black coat with its gold embroidery announced his station and rank. He stood with his hands clasped behind his back as he studied the magistrate with interest. His legion officers were busy intimidating the surprised magistrate officers on each side of the room.

“Why did you make me come in here if you were going to follow me?” Azula asked, with annoyance. “Making me report a crime to this idiot before you can help me. Did you want to watch me turn into a fool?”

“It was interesting watching you try to look humble. Don’t insult yourself by calling yourself a fool, Chieftain’s son,” Draeya General said. “And stop scowling at me. I’m not the one who has pissed you off.”

“You’re holding my friend hostage.”

Azula cursed under his breath and turned his scowl to the shocked magistrate.

“You should breathe, Sir,” Azula reminded the Magistrate. “You may choke on the peeled grapes in your mouth.”

The magistrate sneered and started to point at him, but the grapes in his mouth choked him and he started to cough.

Azula laughed.

“Ha, that’s what you get for treating me like an idiot,” Azula said.

“Hush,” Draeya General warned next to him and stepped forward.

The general pushed a goblet of water standing next to a jug on the table to the magistrate. The magistrate took the goblet and drank deeply. When he stopped coughing, he placed his goblet on the table and looked at Draeya General.

“What is the meaning of this? How can a general walk into the Magistrate’s Office armed and cause a commotion?”

“I heard there was a problem of thieves terrorizing the citizens. I came running to help out because it is what I should do. What do you think, Magistrate Netan?” Draeya General asked. “I, Draeya General, am responsible for looking out for the small citizen.”

“Draeya!” Magistrate Netan gasped and straightened to his full height. “Ay, if you told me you were coming we would have met you at the gates into the compound. Why—?”

“No need for the ceremony,” Draeya General said, lifting his hand to stop the magistrate from coming around his desk. “I’m here to pick up a task from the magistrate. How could I announce myself for you to meet me at the gates? I’m not so insolent.”

Draeya General turned to look at Azula and winked.

Azula made a face at him, but the general had already returned his attention to the magistrate.

Magistrate Netan was busy wiping the table and arranging his chair behind his desk.

“Draeya General, please,” Magistrate Netan said, holding out his hands to his desk for the general to sit.

“No. Magistrate Netan should sit,” Draeya General said, holding out his right hand to the chair. “I still need you to write down everything this young man said to you. Otherwise, how can you ask me to help him catch thieves?”

Magistrate Netan stared at Azula in surprise, he stuttered, frowned at Azula, then nodded with enthusiasm.

“Right. General is right,” the Magistrate said and sat in the chair with a shaky sigh. “Siva, bring me a paper and a pen. I’ll write down the young man’s statement, and orders to catch the thieves.”

“You need three copies of the report,” Draeya General said and folded his arms against his chest. “Azula, why don’t you start your statement?”

Azula was caught between awe and annoyance with how fast Draeya General got the magistrate to work. He wished he had half the power. Their Sura Clan would be far richer he thought with a frown.

Draeya General touched his right shoulder and he scowled at the man before he stated his grievances, one by one.

*~*~*~*

Gesi Ajai carried a pail filled with fresh water with his right hand and a scoop with his left. He walked along the long benches of his greenhouse watering rows of tomato plants, eggplants, and spinach. His eldest daughter was partial to the tomatoes, so he always watered them well determined to keep their house in stock.

Gesi did not pause when a knock came on the greenhouse door. He kept working and only glanced up to see his trusted confidant walking along the rows of tomatoes growing in neat pots along the benches.

“Good afternoon, Lord Ajai,” Sazama said, pausing by a tomato plant with a set of five green tomatoes. He studied the fruit with keen interest.

“Afternoon, Sazama,” Gesi said, as he kept watering the eggplants.

Gesi took the time to study Sazama.

Sazama was thirty-seven this year. He had no family, was not married, and had no children. Gesi was twenty-three years old and living in Witia State in the South-West of the Lyria Empire when he met Sazama.

Gesi was an impressionable scholar at the time. He had passed the empire’s state exams and earned his place working in the agricultural office of Witia State. Thanks to the government job, Gesi worked hard and made enough money to uplift himself from scholarly poverty. He paid off those who helped him on the way up and got justice from those who had wronged him.

Feeling content, Gesi made a friend in the government office. A righteous scholar who worked for the Ministry of Justice in Witia State. His name was Tajan. Tajan had one younger brother he doted on, but Gesi particularly liked how passionate Tajan was about his work. Their bond grew fast, and Gesi found himself spending a lot of time at Tajan’s family home. He met Tajan’s younger brother, Sazama, and was accepted into their brotherhood of two.

Then, in the course of his work, Tajan stumbled into a powerful opponent. A magistrate from the Capital City Genad. Tajan looked up to this powerful magistrate and often visited him when he was in Witia. On one of Tajan’s visits to the magistrate’s compound to visit the powerful lord, he accidentally discovered a sinister plot.

Gesi frowned, watching Sazama reach out to touch the ripest of the tomatoes. He fought the urge to snap at the young man, but it was difficult. It was difficult.

“I won’t take it off,” Sazama said. “I know you keep them for Naeri. She is a lucky girl, your daughter. It must be nice to have such a doting father.”

Gesi paused in the act of pouring water for a spinach plant. He studied Sazama openly, mulling over Sazama’s wistful tone.

Once again, the tone was understandable. After all, Sazama had once known a deep caring affection from his older brother, Tajan. Dear Tajan who discovered a plot designed to murder Basileus Rokas. Tajan’s righteous nature drove him on a wild ride to the capital city determined to report the plot. He wanted to connect with the Basileus’s office and report a crime, but he was caught before he could get out of Witia State.

Gesi Ajai had accompanied Tajan on the road to the capital city. That day, he met the powerful Dowager Basilinna.

What is your dream?” she asked him, as he watched Tajan die in the middle of a wild forest.

The Dowager Basilinna’s voice had sounded bored as she watched him tremble with grief and anger. Her legion guards standing behind Gesi with sharp daggers ready to end his life in the same way as they dispatched Tajan.

“Do you want to keep your life?” Dowager Basilinna asked him with an indifferent tone.

Yes,” Gesi remembered saying his voice trembling, despite the grief and anger. The determination to live overcame his grief.

“Then, you will join my cause from now on,” Dowager Basilinna said with a dismissive tone.

Gesi watched her walk away with her guards assured of his obedience. She did not look back once, not even to confirm if Tajan was truly gone. Her legion guard left him kneeling with a dead Tajan lying on a muddy patch in the middle of the forest. A demon grew inside him that night, even as he gathered Tajan’s body and placed it on a horse. A desire to have enough power to escape having to submit to Basilinna’s whims filled him until it was all he could think about at every meal, and when he lay down to rest.

This mad desire to be strong overtook his being, so much so that when he brought Tajan’s cold body to Sazama, he infected him with the same desire. The need to be strong, not to have to bow to others, and Sazama wanted revenge for his beloved brother’s death.

He was twenty-three years old when Tajan died. Now, here they were, thirty years later, on the verge of accomplishing their goals. Gesi smiled and glanced at Sazama.

“You can take two from the pile,” Gesi said, thinking it was good to spoil Tajan’s little brother once in a while.

Sazama smiled as he reached for the ripest one and wiped it on his black tunic.

“Why did you visit me?” Gesi asked, finishing with the spinach plants.

“We have movement,” Sazama said, biting into his tomato. He only took one and moved to lean on a workbench laden with empty pots. “The Basileus has installed General Maenaer in his offices at the palace. He has given him the job of being a military liaison.”

“The Marquis from Draeya is trouble,” Gesi frowned. “How is the inspector-general managing the case of the counterfeit silver?”

“The clues are pouring in,” Sazama said. “The assayer has identified Sura Clan ore as the source. This matter will be reported at court tomorrow morning.”

“Good,” Gesi nodded in approval.

“Hulan has sent a message from the port,” Sazama said. “A complication. Draeya General has shown up at the port magistrate’s office with a member from the Sura Clan. They have recorded a case of theft for the ore.”

Gesi chuckled and put away his pail, and the scoop on a small rack in the corner. He picked up a small towel hanging on the rack and used it to wipe his hands.

“Why do you laugh?” Sazama asked.

“Draeya General is amusing. He feels if the case is reported, the Sura Clan can escape. I can’t let that happen though after working so hard.”

“Why do you need their workshops?” Sazama asked. “We can always make do with the income coming from our enterprises in Witia State.”

Gesi Ajai folded the rug he used to wipe his hands and placed it on the rack. He started a stroll between the aisles, checking for illnesses and pests on the plants. Worms could decapitate an entire grow. He did not want to risk it.

“The Sura Clan has workshops at ideal points along the streets of Genad Capital. I need the amount of money they rake in a day,” Gesi said, pausing to study a tomato that was struggling to keep up with the others. “I need the wealth if I’m to enter the Minister of Finance office.”

“Now what?” Sazama asked.

“Now, we push the case for the resolution of the counterfeit silver case,” Gesi Ajai said. “Make the necessary preparations to find the Sura cargo carriages. A raid on one of their busiest workshops should produce coin molds. The Inspector-General will take it from there. At the least their license to trade in the city will be canceled, at worst and best for me, the head of the clan will be charged with treason.”

“What about Draeya General?”

“He’s not someone we can offend, we’ll work faster and make sure by the time he arrives in the capital, the case is concluded,” Gesi said, uprooting the struggling tomato plant. “Our plans must be concluded. Clean out loose ends.”

Sazama nodded and looked around the greenhouse.

“I’m sure Naeri will be excited to discover you have planted juicy tomatoes for her,” Sazama said.

Gesi sighed.

“I hope it makes her smile because I’m about to push her into a life decision that may change her life,” Gesi said.

“You’ll marry her to Basileus Dio?” Sazama asked. “Are you sure?”

“We need to gain closer footing with the ruling family,” Gesi said. “Marriage is an easy bloodless method. Naeri will make a beautiful Basilinna.”

Sazama studied him for a moment, then nodded and started to head out of the greenhouse.

“I better hurry to clean up loose ends. Otherwise, it will be difficult to vet a Basilinna from your house, Lord Ajai,” Sazama said with a smile.

“Then do it well,” Gesi said, holding Sazama’s gaze. “Meanwhile, I’ll help Naeri meet the Dowager Basilinna. The Dowager will help us plan a meeting between Naeri and Basileus Dio.”

Sazama nodded. “Good luck Lord Gesi.”

Gesi watched Sazama leave the greenhouse. He walked around to the tomato plant Sazama had touched and studied the three fruits remaining on the plant. There had been five. Sazama must have taken a second one as he left.

Gesi scowled and reached for the pot. He carried it to the work table and proceeded to destroy the plant and the remaining tomatoes to small bits with a hammer. He threw the mess into the compost pit under the worktable. He placed the now empty pot into a pile of unused pots and took in a deep calming breath. Better, nothing was worse than half-baked or ruined, it was not the same.

He looked up when he heard a soft knock and stared at his eldest daughter, Naeri Ajai. She was beautiful this morning. Her long blonde hair fell down her back in silky waves. She was dressed in a red dress with a fitted bodice and long skirts that swept to the floor in layers of fine tulle. Naeri was always radiant, but her wary expression as she watched him made him pause.

Gesi wondered if she had seen his temper on the tomatoes Sazama ruined.

“Naeri.”

“Afternoon, Dad,” Naeri said. “I—you called for me?”

Gesi bit back his scoff. Her shaky voice betrayed her. She had seen his temper. He weighed how much the revelation bothered him and found that he was not so worried. Naeri would be Basilinna soon. She would need to handle courtiers and a cruel Dowager Basilinna. His temper could be considered the least of her worries.

“Go prepare,” Gesi said to Naeri. “We have to visit someone important this evening. Make sure to hold your hair in a style that reveals your face. Don’t disappoint me.”

Naeri studied him for a minute more.

“Alright, Dad,” she said, then turned and left the greenhouse.

Gesi listened as she broke into a run, her heels rapping a frantic beat on the wooden path leading to the main house, and he let out a sigh.

Children were so difficult to manage.

******

Azula read the thorough report written by the Port Magistrate with a mix of awe and annoyance. The document was signed and sealed by the magistrate and Draeya General who had made a solemn promise before the magistrate to catch thieves. It legitimized Azula’s need for a legion escort to Genad City.

Shaking his head, Azula could only admit that the general had skill in dealing with the corrupt.

Azula turned to look at Draeya General. They stood outside the magistrate’s office. Draeya General’s officers were getting their horses ready. Draeya General stood tall waiting for his officers to get ready. His expression was calm and ready for whatever came next.

Azula frowned when the general looked at him.

“What?”

“What is your name?” Azula asked. “I can’t keep calling you Draeya General.”

“Why not?”

“You called me Azula in the magistrate’s office. If you’re going to be helping my clan, we should know your name. Otherwise, my people won’t trust you.”

Draeya General studied him for a minute, then stepped closer and held out his right hand to Azula. Azula gripped the report from the magistrate in his left hand and took Draeya General’s right hand in greeting.

“Raithion Maenaer at your service. My close family calls me Raith.”

Raithion’s handshake was unexpectedly firm. His palm had calluses, convincing Azula that he was not spoiled despite his high station in life. Damn it, so sexy!

“Can I call you Raith?” Azula asked as he let go of Raithion’s right hand.

Azula grinned and brought the paper he held to cover his lips.

“No.”

“General Maenaer?”

“That is my father,” Raithion said. “You can call me General Raithion.”

“General Raith,” Azula said with a happy smile making Raithion scowl. Azula ignored it and stepped closer to Raithion.

“Let’s go to the dock. My crew is waiting. We can’t delay delivery to Genad. I’m worried something will happen to my family’s workshops if we don’t make it in time.”

“Why can’t you meet us outside the port town? There is only one road out of the port,” Raithion said, folding his arms against his chest. “We’ll wait for you at the exit.”

Azula’s frown deepened.

“No way,” Azula said. “Do you want to stay on the outside, offering protection without understanding what you’re protecting? How can we trust you?”

Raithion narrowed his gaze as he studied Azula. Then, he seemed to decide as he nodded.

“Haedor and I will go with you,” Raithion said. “The rest of the legion will wait for us at the port exit heading to Naga State. Azula, having my legion officers crowding your dock station will make everyone nervous. I assume you’re still conducting business as usual. So, Haedor and I meeting your clan members is enough. In any case, you’re right. Visiting your ship will allow me to understand more about your operations and why anyone would come after you.”

Azula suddenly remembered the people who were following him and Sennin. He had forgotten about those two women when he met Draeya General and was then dragged to the Magistrate’s Office by him. Looking around the busy compound, he wondered if he would catch a glimpse of them.

“They’re not here,” Raithion said, drawing Azula’s gaze.

“What?”

“The two who were following you,” Raithion said. “They retreated when we entered the Magistrate’s Compound. We have not seen them since.”

“Oh,” Azula frowned. “You saw them too?”

“They followed you to the inn but stayed away when they saw my legion officers. I’m glad you were aware.”

“Hm,” Azula shrugged. “A lot of people want to take our ore or tools, sometimes the wares we make. It pays to be vigilant. Then, let me take you to our ship.”

“Alright,” Raithion started to head to his horse, but Azula shook his head.

“You don’t need the horse,” Azula said. “We’ll walk, it’s not far.”

“But—”

“Come on, General Raith,” Azula said, taking Raithion’s right hand, and started leading him to the open gates. “Also, let Lieutenant Haedor let go of my friend. I need Sennin.”

****

Raithion stared at the spot where Azula held his right hand as they walked along the main street of the Port City. He could not remember the last time someone had held his hand. Azula reminded him of an anxious child. Azula’s steps were energetic as he walked. He gripped the report from the magistrate in his right hand like a trophy. The smile he directed at Raithion in intervals made him want to laugh.

“You can slow down,” Raithion said when Azula looked on the verge of breaking into a run. “I won’t run away.”

“Really?” Azula turned to look at him, his grip on Raithion’s right hand still tight. “This is the first time legion officers are helping us with no payment. I’m nervous.”

“Are you afraid I will run away?” Raithion asked with a chuckle, amused by Azula’s logic.

Azula stopped in the middle of the street, forcing Raithion to a stop too. Azula stepped in close and then looked up. Suddenly, Raithion met intense hazel eyes. The noise of the street disappeared and they stood in perfect stillness.

Azula was shorter than him but that did not deter his presence in the moment.

“The thieves we’re chasing or evading have taken twelve of our people,” Azula said, his voice soft but full of passion. “Twelve families are mourning the loss of a breadwinner in their homes. The pain of this loss hurts us all. So, when you walk into our ship and promise to protect, we’ll take your word seriously. That’s who we are. The Sura takes the promise of protection with solemn belief. If you won’t be able to meet us on the same level, then it will be better if you walk away.”

Azula let go of Raithion’s right hand and lifted the magistrate’s report.

“This is nice to have for use later. But it is secondary. Right now, I need to know I can trust you with Sennin’s life, and the lives of the men who are helping me reach Genad City.”

Raithion held Azula’s determined gaze for a minute, then his lips shifted into a small smile. It had been a long time since he met such a passionate soul. The capital city was full of people wanting to get ahead. Thieves, liars, insincere, and without gratitude, that’s what he dealt with most times. To meet such a passionate individual… was refreshing.

Raithion took in a deep breath and let it out with a nod. He reached down and took out a dagger he kept in a hidden scabbard in his boot. Holding the smooth handle, he brought it up for Azula to see.

“Hold it too,” Raithion said, nodding as he held Azula’s gaze.

Azula broke their gaze to study the dagger he held, then brought his right hand to the dagger. He met Raithion’s gaze again.

“What are we doing?”

“Your Sura values your family,” Raithion said. “I’m a soldier first. And my oath is to protect. I will not run away or shirk my duty if you're under my protection. This is my oath, on my blade, I will protect your people. Do you believe it?”

Azula held his gaze for a moment longer then tightened his hold on the dagger, his callused fingers gripping Raithion’s right hand.

“I believe you,” Azula said, then smiled, a startling curve of his lips that left Raithion stunned as Azula let go of his hand and turned away. “Let’s go, General Raith.”

Copyright © 2024 lilansui (Lee,Suilan) ; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
  • Love 19
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Raith and Azula finally come to an understanding and will trust each other. They realize, also, they are attracted to each other . Raith made sure the right legal step has been taken . Azula was not going to do this and it would have been a mistake.  The thefts have been properly reported to the magistrate. Raith can now officially guard the ore transfer, 

We learned about the background and motivation of Gesi. He is truly evil and tightly wound. He is behind the ore thefts and wants to discredit the Sura clan and obtain more money. Gesi dreams of being part of the royal family. He is seeking to get his daughter introduced to Basileus Dio and for her to eventualy become his wife. He expects to continue controlling his daughter.

Things are moving toward  disaster for the Sura clan. Unknown to Azula and Raith, Gesi is directing plans to bring charges on the Sura clan very soon and Raith may not arrive in time with exonerating evidence. I hope Raith and Azula are lucky and able to arrive in time with the ore and more. Raith will claim the Sura clan is blameless since previous shipments have been stolen,

  • Love 5
Link to comment

It looks like there is no use reporting robbery to corrupt bureaucracy! Nevertheless, it is going to be very important when Azula's clan confront forgery accusations. This ridiculous paper will be more important than the facts! 

  • Love 5
Link to comment

I peel grapes LOL … sometimes 😆

Quote

He was twenty-three years old when Tajan died. Now, here they were, thirty years later, on the verge of accomplishing their goals. Gesi smiled and glanced at Sazama.

Question : if Sazama was twenty-three when his brother died, how can he be thirty-seven thirty years after ? 🤔

Quote

Azula stopped in the middle of the street, forcing Raithion to a stop too. Azula stepped in close and then looked up. Suddenly, Raithion met intense hazel eyes. The noise of the street disappeared and they stood in perfect stillness.

Love at the first sight ? 😄

Excellent chapter 👍

  • Love 5
Link to comment

@akascrubber hanging out in my outline is so awesome, love it :) Thanks for reading.

@Cane23 Azula feels the same.

@Danilo Syrtis Thanks for catching my sentence structure issues. I've made the necessary changes. Gesi was the one that was twenty-three not Sazama. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

  • Love 5
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, lilansui said:

@akascrubber hanging out in my outline is so awesome, love it :) Thanks for reading.

@Cane23 Azula feels the same.

@Danilo Syrtis Thanks for catching my sentence structure issues. I've made the necessary changes. Gesi was the one that was twenty-three not Sazama. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

@Danilo Syrtis is doing great job as beta and editor for @kbois. I'm not matchmaking, just suggesting... 😉

  • Love 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

We learn more about Gesi, he is a complex villain.  His greed for power and wealth is based on injustice by a greedy and wealthy villain!  Evil begets evil.  

  • Love 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..