Jump to content

The Reluctant Consort

   (8 reviews)

Duke Silver takes on Jihan who is determined to protect his sister from an arranged marriage. Jihan Kamran is the Master of Kamran Estate. After a gruesome war with West Nation, Jihan’s powerful network gains the Emperor's attention.  The Emperor orders a member of the Kamran Family must wed into his Imperial Family.  Kastan Miran (Duke Silver) is the second prince in the Akasha Imperial Family. The Empress is afraid of his growing power. When she tries to murder him, The Emperor asks Kastan to marry a member of the Kamran Family. Kastan is to keep Kamran in check and in turn their vast wealth protects Kastan from the Empress's jealousy.

Suilan Lee, 2019-2021

Story Recommendations (33 members)

  • Action Packed 31
  • Addictive/Pacing 31
  • Characters 30
  • Chills 5
  • Cliffhanger 22
  • Compelling 11
  • Feel-Good 8
  • Humor 8
  • Smoldering 14
  • Tearjerker 17
  • Unique 24
  • World Building 27

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

centexhairysub

   17 of 17 members found this review helpful 17 / 17 members

I give almost no five star reviews; but this one was definitely earned.  The story was exceptionally well written and it flowed beautifully from start to finish.  Truly interesting characters and the development of them and the world they were in was first rate.

Story had it all, good guys, bad guys, cliffhangers, love, passion, intrigue, hate, betrayal, redemption, and oh so much more.  If you can't find something in this story to take your breathe away; call an ambulance you are near death.

The story defies genres; it could be counted among so many.  Read this story and enjoy the many layers and different textures you will find within.  Simply breath-taking...

  • Love 10
Link to review
drsawzall

   7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

One of the best works on this site, incredibly complex, thoughtful, well paced and written, it will keep you engaged and looking forward to more.

We are lucky to have works on this story site such as this. 

Give it a shot...you won't be disappointed!

  • Like 2
  • Love 5
Link to review
Aditus

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

It's a great story. I wrote a more detailed review for the  GA blog here.

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to review
raven1

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

The Reluctant Consort is a wonderfully told story of adventure, fantasy and romance skillfully created by a very talented storyteller, lilansui.  Jihan faces death at the sword of Duke Silver for defiantly disobeying the royal edict of Emperor Kayan.  Jihan has helped his sister Andiya marry his best friend Ishan instead of Prince Kastan.  What has brought Jihan to this point begins a story rich with love, betrayal, family intrigue, and war in a very unique world created by blending eastern and western cultures and myths full of textures and colors that create stunning visions in the mind's eye.  Characters are like raw jade that is slowly and carefully revealed to be beautiful or terrifying as the interior is carefully sculpted bit by bit by the master's hand.  This is a story so good you will, like many GA authors and readers, savor it more than one time.  

  • Love 3
Link to review
Theo Wahls

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

This story leaves you wanting more. You will find a setting with characters, which you would definitely desire to join. @lilansui writes beautifully. Finding a true love is hard in anyones life. The Reluctant Consort's adventure brings him to a point where all is possible including true love. 

It is a tale to be treasured and reread to make your day better I have read it twice and some chapters a third time. Enjoy ride.😀  

  • Love 3
Link to review
Andre Delport

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

This is one of those stories that I find myself coming back to time and time again. @lilansuican weave a tale like no other. Her characters are all so engaging that you too want to be part of their lives. I loved ths story the first time I read it and have now just read it for the third time and enjoyed it just as much. I would happily recommend this beautifully written tale to the readers

  • Love 3
Link to review
agni

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

It's one of the best story i read. It's romantic fantasy that once you start to read you will be addicted. If you are reading my review, go for it, otherwise you will miss a wonderful adventure.

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to review
Cane23

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

After reading “Crown Prince Yoshi” and “The Prince and His Royal Guard” I thought, that’s it, you have hit the top of the genre, there can’t be anything better than this. Then, I have read “The Reluctant Consort” and I was completely blown away. This story is totally another level, it’s a jewel on a “Princes trilogy” series. There are so many interesting details, imaginary kingdoms, characters, intrigues, love, loyalty and betray. So rich in details, we could call it “The Lord of the rings” of the GA.

  • Love 2
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..