Jump to content

Hill of Candles

   (2 reviews)
Sub-genres: Soft Sci-Fi, Light Mystery

Psychologist James Mannigan is granted a series of interviews with the Vynx brothers, four men of unknown origin found naked wandering Dartmoor fifteen years ago who claim they are not human. Housed in the Seahaven Open Facility in a remote part of Scotland, they live unremarkably alongside other guests.

At first, through his questioning and study, James finds nothing he has not encountered before. Until Guardian, one of the brothers, insists on sharing their beliefs on reincarnation. As events unfold and finally reach a violent climax, James finally learns why he has been chosen.

Copyright © 2020 lomax61; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (10 members)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 7
  • Characters 10
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 3
  • Compelling 0
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 1
  • Tearjerker 3
  • Unique 8
  • World Building 6

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Bill W

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

This is a truly thought provoking story with with interesting and well developed characters, along with a fascinating storyline.  The premise of the brothers not being human, possibly even alien, seemed laughable at first, yet as we meet them and witness their actions, it appears totally believable.  And the discussion about the concept of reincarnation and how it's presented could make believers out of the most ardent skeptics.  Thank you for this truly enjoyable tale. 

Response from the author:

Thanks @Bill W, I wrote this story some time ago and appreciate the kind review. I need to come up with another couple of anthology stories.

  • Love 1
Link to review
Robben

· Edited by Robben

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Excellent characterizations and a marvelous plot flow made this a wonderful read.  Depending on how deep your memories are it might also elicit a tear or two.  Great work Lomax61!  I actually read it twice in one sitting.

Response from the author:

Hi @Robben - thank you so much for that wonderful review. This style is very different from my usual offering, so I’m really pleased this resonated with you.

  • Like 4
  • Love 3
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..