Jump to content

Kissing the Dragon 1. The Croxburgh Chronicles

   (4 reviews)

Colin McCann’s life is about to be turned upside down. After happily chatting to the gorgeous American, Kit Hansen, he thinks nothing of helping drunk Denny Harrison home to his front gate. On Monday morning at school, however, he is summoned to the deputy head’s office to meet two detectives, who grill him about his movements on Friday night before informing his that not only was Denny murdered that night—his body found face-down in Casham Ponds—but that Colin is the prime suspect.

Friday night after school and history teacher Colin McCann’s life is about to be turned upside down.
Copyright © 2015 lomax61; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (5 members)

  • Action Packed 5
  • Addictive/Pacing 3
  • Characters 5
  • Chills 2
  • Cliffhanger 5
  • Compelling 2
  • Feel-Good 2
  • Humor 3
  • Smoldering 3
  • Tearjerker 3
  • Unique 3
  • World Building 2

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Thirdly

· Edited by Thirdly

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

This story reads like a professional novel off of any bookshelf at a shop. It has everything: action, mystery, drama, humor, angst, romance, memorable characters, a pet cat...

 

The writing style itself was engaging and flowed as smoothly as melted caramel on Flan de Limón. Stop scrutinizing this review right now and get to reading! You won't regret it.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to review
Timothy M.

· Edited by Timothy M.

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Kissing the Dragon is a murder mystery / romance, with plenty of funny, scary, hot, sad, and painfully honest moments. It also has characters who seem real, with all their annoying habits, endearing quirks, and understandable doubts or wants.

I probably wasn’t the only reader who wanted to shake or slap the main character, Colin, as he is confronted with his own faults and misconceptions. But he realizes he needs to change and revise his decisions and perceptions of his ex-partner, his past, his life, his job and his friends.

This review is a shorter version of a Featured Story blog review.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to review
CheckeredPanda

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

I think I speak for all of us who have read Kissing the dragon when I say that it is absolutely phenomenal. A very well written, well thought out, and very English story about a history teacher who's involved with a murder investigation.

 

If you're (for some reason) unsure whether or not to read it, just go for it. I promise it'll be worth it.

 

I wholeheartedly encourage you to read Kissing the dragon, it's amazing.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to review
raven1

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Colin is a very popular teacher, but with a OCD trait he is stuck in his social isolation and a museum of a home given him by his beloved Uncle Dom.  He also has a big problem of being at the wrong place at the wrong time and gets caught up in a murder investigation.  A very bully detective and a very charming foreign reporter seem very interested in Colin's dilemma and the fun begins.  Billy, Colin's very out and flamboyant lodger provides both support and a lot of humor to the situation.  

Lomax is a great writer whose work covers many different genres.  In this murder mystery he uses his great talents to create moods, characters and twists in the plot that both entertain you and leave you wondering what happens next.  It's a thrilling ride.  Do yourself a favor and read this tale of love and danger. Don't worry it does have a great ending...for now.  😉

Response from the author:

Thank you so much, @raven1. As I mentioned I have reworked this story and need to update some plot elements at some point. But thank you so much for not only reading,  it providing your observations and impressions along the way. Brian (Lomax61)

  • Love 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..